Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,128 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? (20824 Views)

What An APC Fan Was Doing In Akwa Ibom State (Photo) / Caption This Photo Of Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shakitibobo As Tekno Sings / Please What Is Rochas Okorocha Doing In This Photo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by fubbyy(m): 5:36am On Jan 13, 2013
AWKA_MADE_GUN: Mehn the gov is a disaster. Like geeez said he is busy fighting in public with PA's to other governors. A mere talkative, we can't wait for ohakim to return in 2014.
Let me not just tell you what you are cause you already know,you criticize a man who liberated imo state from the evil hands of ohakim, a man who gave free education from elementary to higher institution and still pay them on top, a man who made owerri a living paradise, a man who brought down the corruption of taking contracts and doing nothing to the lowest minimum level, a man who went back to his root and recognizes every eze in every autonomous community

Which one will I mention and leave the other, a man whom his interests are for the people, have you been to owerri recently? If you haven't please go and compare it to the old era of ohakim, go to orlu and come back and tell me what you see

Anyway let me stop this long sermon, even jesus was criticized and condemned to death, then who's rochas to be an exception to criticism, but please don't criticize if you haven't conduct any research and don't say this in owerri because people will stone you to death
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by dammytosh: 5:39am On Jan 13, 2013
He is doing what Fashola is doing in Lagos.

25% Work and 75% Propaganda.
25% real Achievement and 75% Newspaper Achievement.
Hyperinflated Capital Projects.

but guess what ? They are sha working cry I wish Retar.ded General Odechukwu Egbere Jolantern can just emulate them at least for now. Pending the time we stop celebrating mediocrity and glorifying imbecilic performance under the usual "At least they are doing something" slogan.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by ektbear: 5:45am On Jan 13, 2013
he has been dancing azonto
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by YoungUd(f): 5:48am On Jan 13, 2013
Come to Oweri town nw u wil see no hold up cos the man hs creatd roads every where. Go to concord hotel nd see hw beautiful it is nw. Ok he is construtin round about in every junction. Mehn... Say the truth nd it shal set u free!

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by YoungUd(f): 5:57am On Jan 13, 2013
He is makin Imo to be one of the best in Education in Nigeria as it was before.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by OperaMini1(m): 6:16am On Jan 13, 2013
Pls let us get our facts correct on this free education stuff. Primary education had long been free in Imo. I have a ward in primary 5 now, and I have never been asked for any school fees since she started school in 2009, 2 years before Rochas came along.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by abagoro(m): 6:22am On Jan 13, 2013
IMHO, Rochas is the best Governor in Nigeria going by the little money and much work done. There is nothing he can do that will be enough in the eyes of jealous ones. The number of road constructions I saw got me scared because Imo does not really have access to funds like Rivers and Akwa-Ibom but he's measuring up. Owerri is maintained while Orlu has been upgraded. I've not been to Okigwe to ascertain Government presence there. The Imo State secretariat now wears a new look and the Government house area too. Anyone that wants to really ascertain the level of progress in Imo should pay a visit. Free education is a very big feat but I wonder why many people overlook that. Its even better than roads.

Then we should bear in mind that he accomplished all these in two years. Akpabio that is receiving 16billion a month was pelted with pure water and stones in 2009 and that was also his 2nd year in office https://www.nairaland.com/370680/gov-akpabio-stoned-satchet-water. Now compare with imo that receives only 2.6billion after two years. The story in Akwa-Ibom changed after the infrastructural projects began to be noticeable and most completed. These happened almost 4th year of his 1st tenure.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by chuglothen(f): 6:34am On Jan 13, 2013
I don't know why majority of people on nairaland are sadists. Always pessimistic in any issue. D truth is that 90% of people that commented so far hav not being to Imo state in a long time. Am not from Imo state but I visited Owerri frequently in 2012 and d people staying @ Owerri always sing so much praises for him. Because they said he is really working. I don't get why people like to sit in the comfort of their homes and manufacture stupid lies against someone else. Please learn how to appreciate good things so that positive things can come to u!
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by ujoatu(m): 6:49am On Jan 13, 2013
YoungUd: Come to Oweri town nw u wil see no hold up cos the man hs creatd roads every where. Go to concord hotel nd see hw beautiful it is nw. !
No go slow for people wey dey use leg.wen ever u get to buy a car I wld listen to u

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by FXKing2012(m): 6:50am On Jan 13, 2013
DrummaBoy: Right now on NTA NETWORK a weekly program on Imo State is on with news or propaganda on Rochas activities in the state is on air.
But I have read in Punch how all of this is just propaganda. Pls folks what exactly is Rochas doing in Imo State?

Why would u choose to believe Punch over NTA? And the last time I checked he was one of the top 4 governors in Nigeria.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Teejayphillip(m): 7:05am On Jan 13, 2013
His doin Wat he know's ow 2 du best...

Letz surpot him... grin grin
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Balkan(m): 7:06am On Jan 13, 2013
PDP propaganda structure at work. Just passing by to by Akara and Akamu. I have church service to attend. I am almost late self. Before I finish boiling water , God I don't want to be late
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by wizzy2021: 7:08am On Jan 13, 2013
~Bluetooth:
Rochas is a regular 419 who used his foundation to scam VIPs in Nigeria especially in the north,so I won't expect anything good from him as a governor.
shut up mr. Man, hv u bn to imo state since Rochas became our Gov. So y u da here da mk noise. He is working n Imo pple r hapi. All of una wa da talk here,if una enta imo state,una go apologise to d man 4 una heart.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Nobody: 7:19am On Jan 13, 2013
What Rochas is doing?? He's using his mouth to achieve what Ohakim couldn't give to Imo State. Frankly, I don't pray to see any of them back because although Ohakim is too high-handed and doesn't consider the poor and less-privileged, one thing you can commend him for is that he always does what he says and carries out expert research before presenting his ideas, so that even if they appear inconsiderate, they still make sense and are logical.
Rochas on the other hand is more friendly with the common folks and listens to their wishes. But the fact that he promises more than he can actually do rubbishes every good part of his governorship. I think I'll rather be real than have hope for what won't come. And his ideas are so crude, I wonder if he doesn't even think before he presents ideas he saw in his night dreams obviously.

All in All, Ohakim was a better professional in the field, not that I'll love to see him again.

And for the records, the inner villages do have tarred roads. Ihitte Uboma is an example.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by VOICEOFTHEMASES: 7:21am On Jan 13, 2013
Now,if you think i just blow my voice above my head on social media about Governor Okorocha, then your dreaming. Last year I was shouting at the top of my voice that there were massive looting going on in imo state but some of you called me names. Wait, soon I will start showing you pictures I took while I was in owerri during the festive period so tat you will understand why I have been shouting that this administration is characterized by lies and corruption. Thank God the EFCC has heard my cry and moved into action. As am talking now, Commissioner of Finance Chike John, and Eche Ezenna George the Accountant General of Imo state are cooling off in EFCC custody. Wait till more heads roll.

Are you aware that when Gov Okorocha came into office in 2011,he sent the 27 elected LGA chairmen parking? Well these sacked chairmen of the 27 local governments in Imo State had told the EFCC that Okorocha misappropriated funds from a N13.5bn bond raised by his predecessor, Ikedi Ohakim. The chairmen also alleged that since June 2011, the Joint Accounts Committee in Imo State had not functioned and all statutory allocations due to the local governments totaling over N80bn had been misappropriated by Okorocha.

Following the ALGON petition amongst others, operatives of the EFCC visited Imo in October and commenced probes into the operations of the state joint account with the Local Government.

Now for those of you that visited owerri during xmas or the imolites that went home? plz tell me where you saw a project that you feel is worth up to 3billion naira or does the state capital look like a place where 80Billion was pumped into? I visited almost 6 LGA but still could not find anything!where did N80billion go to(hahahahah ask me and I will tell you)

Thanks
V.O.M

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by 2fine2fast(m): 7:35am On Jan 13, 2013
NTA: Electronic media....u see MOTION PICTURES n hear VOICES
PUNCH:Print media........u only get to see written words& sometimes still pictures which can be doctored.
U Kno beta
A PICTURE IS WORTH MORE THAN A 1000 WORDS.
I am in Ibadan n i saw d programme, i can say what i saw IS TRUE.
He is working lipsrsealed
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by abagoro(m): 7:35am On Jan 13, 2013
Question-Abagworo is a PH based medical practitioner that has built one private hospital and has 2 cars, what has he achieved in life?

Answer-He is a noise maker and has not achieved anything. All his life he has only been able to study medicine like a million others and managed to build a dead clinic and drives 2nd hand cars. Why does his family believe he is an achiever. They seem to be brainwashed.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by boron10(m): 7:36am On Jan 13, 2013
I'm not surprised he hasn't done anything meaningful. Like every other igbo leaders, Rochas sees being in governorship position as an avenue to enrich himself more.

Igbo men had better put more effort in business rather than go into politics where their cluelessness are exposed.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by KINGwax(m): 7:38am On Jan 13, 2013
222Martins: After reading this post, i am now convinced that the 40 laptop dogs have gotten their jobs back.
em... i think it's 40 lapdogs. Hehehe.
I'm like men, am nt in imo state, not evn igbo, bt i heard the guy is really workin. Then with these comments, it's either the 40 lapdogs are here, or imo state has gotten herself a 'gbenga daniel'. And hey, dt wont be so bad, it'll be so worst !
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by KINGwax(m): 7:39am On Jan 13, 2013
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Nobody: 7:46am On Jan 13, 2013
planetuzor: I guess the 47man laptop have been employed by ohakim and his team to ridicule the work of the best southeastern governor Rochas... Whats in showing the world your good work via the media... Check out the Orlu and Ikigwe road and other smaller roads..Check out the freedom square, The inner village streets being tared, the pensioners who had been owed since year 2000, The Government House being rebuilt, the Ojukwu Structure etc and please note "He just got elected and imo revenue isnt like the other oil producing state - akwa iibom and port hacourt or self revenue generating state like lagos - his on a limited budget"...

I never knew a nairalander could b dis sensible, all they do is criticizE on issues they know nothin about.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Nobody: 7:49am On Jan 13, 2013
boron10: I'm not surprised he hasn't done anything meaningful. Like every other igbo leaders, Rochas sees being in governorship position as an avenue to enrich himself more.

Igbo men had better put more effort in business rather than go into politics where their cluelessness are exposed.

Were gbenga daniel,alamiesiegha, alao akala nd even bankole igbos? Do u Even think b4 u Write

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Nobody: 7:52am On Jan 13, 2013
U are a liar! Nw I can see dat u r from dat group of pple who donot mean well for Nigerians, those pple who cannot say d truth evn when d truth is staring them in d face, wen u talk abt Rochas foundatn,its nt ur regular Acn/Pdp machinery, this is d voice of God in action, maybe u might nt hav d opportunity to see 1 bt u can come 2 jos 2 see d smiles on d faces of beautiful, less priveleged Nigerian, who neva had a reason or cause to dare dream of an opportunity.
~Bluetooth:
Rochas is a regular 419 who used his foundation to scam VIPs in Nigeria especially in the north,so I won't expect anything good from him as a governor.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by LaBonito(f): 7:53am On Jan 13, 2013
How is it ur biz? My Governor is working . Go nd ask Abia State Governor wat he's doing
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by kcpumping(m): 7:53am On Jan 13, 2013
Well, i just want to inform ΰ all that rochas Is doing exceptionally well aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ i know he W̶̲̥̅̊ȋ̝̊̅ ̄ι̥ι̥ do more....i travelled for xmas aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ Å̶̷̩̥͡•̸Ϟ‎​ from mbano in imo state,i really moved around imo aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ owerri precisely. if there Is anything like road networking den rochas Is into road network.....infact withing one year he has done this much den kudos to him......Note: i dnt know him in person neither hav i seen him b4 bt all i can tel ΰ all Is he Is doing wel,
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by ikeyman00(m): 7:58am On Jan 13, 2013
@@@@@@@@

~Bluetooth:

some people are better off staying on the medication lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by nickalams: 7:59am On Jan 13, 2013
embarassed tongue@ bluetooth pls mind hw u talk 2 my Amiable Gov 4 ur informatn he is Working weda u like it or nt he is Working n thanks 2 planeuzor n other gud commentor.Som pple re jst like fools they jst tink B/4 they comment even on NairaLand here n FACEBOOK U dnt jst comment Cus u hate d person be Sincere gudmrn Pals so be WISE bfore u comment on som1 mails or POST pls
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Shokudo(m): 8:04am On Jan 13, 2013
valicious1:

Guy if u tok dat tin again I'll giv u a dirty e-slap. Wich rochas is working where?, myfriend am in owerri now & d state is so fvckin messedup. Abandoned projects evriwia, lawlessness at its peak, rochas is just d direct opposite of what we expected of him. He is a disgrace & dissappointment to imo state & ndiigbo. There are refuse dumbs at every bend & corner, he doesn't pay contractors & he s so bleeping rude & arrogant. Can u believe dat dis man built about 3 institutions & a large church all having d shape of a mosque. Imolites have lost every respect for dis tout of a governor who would physically & personally abuse anybody who dares get on his way. What he doesn't know is dat his time is up, all we re waiting 4 is 2015 so we would send him packing out of d govt. House back 2 whereever his miserable self came from.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Wadeoye(m): 8:06am On Jan 13, 2013
valicious1:

Guy if u tok dat tin again I'll giv u a dirty e-slap. Wich rochas is working where?, myfriend am in owerri now & d state is so fvckin messedup. Abandoned projects evriwia, lawlessness at its peak, rochas is just d direct opposite of what we expected of him. He is a disgrace & dissappointment to imo state & ndiigbo. There are refuse dumbs at every bend & corner, he doesn't pay contractors & he s so bleeping rude & arrogant. Can u believe dat dis man built about 3 institutions & a large church all having d shape of a mosque. Imolites have lost every respect for dis tout of a governor who would physically & personally abuse anybody who dares get on his way. What he doesn't know is dat his time is up, all we re waiting 4 is 2015 so we would send him packing out of d govt. House back 2 whereever his miserable self came from.

You were making sense but suddenly you brought in mediocrity when you said schools and church were given the shape of a mosque. What is the sense here? You are such a bigot that you dont want to see anything that resembles other peoples' belief and the same you will start crying if the northern muslims insist on Sharia in their states? You want to be given freedom to build church in the north but the same you will not want to see anything that resembles mosque in your states. Who is the hopeless bigot? I keep asking and will be happy if you can answer.

And are suspecting that your governor wants to convert to Islam?
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Shokudo(m): 8:14am On Jan 13, 2013
Rochas���

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by nex(m): 8:25am On Jan 13, 2013
Rochas is nothing but a propagandist, and a Nollywood actor. Everythiing he's claiming to do in Imo state is all film trick.

Since his days of pasting posters as a Presidential candidate, I've known the type he was.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Shokudo(m): 8:25am On Jan 13, 2013
Gimmicks!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Aliyu Loses Polling Unit In Niger State / We Begged Nnamdi Kanu To Accept His Bail - Barr Maxwell Opara / Grant Amnesty To Bandits — Sheik Gumi Tells FG (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.