Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,207 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? (20826 Views)

What An APC Fan Was Doing In Akwa Ibom State (Photo) / Caption This Photo Of Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shakitibobo As Tekno Sings / Please What Is Rochas Okorocha Doing In This Photo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by boron10(m): 8:26am On Jan 13, 2013
njokusboy:

Were gbenga daniel,alamiesiegha, alao akala nd even bankole igbos? Do u Even think b4 u Write
Ok, you've succeeded in naming few failed Governors from the south, needless to say they did better than their past and present igbo counterparts.

You may as well mention an Igbo governor that has done a great job worthy of accolades from those they rule.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Fidelcruiz(m): 8:29am On Jan 13, 2013
DrummaBoy: Right now on NTA NETWORK a weekly program on Imo State is on with news or propaganda on Rochas activities in the state is on air.
But I have read in Punch how all of this is just propaganda. Pls folks what exactly is Rochas doing in Imo State?
He is on a mission. Imo must get better. He has plans for the state just that if he doesn't take time some corrupt elements he occupied himself with in the state will destroy him for their own selfish good
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Vincent41(m): 8:42am On Jan 13, 2013
DrummaBoy: Right now on NTA NETWORK a weekly program on Imo State is on with news or propaganda on Rochas activities in the state is on air.
But I have read in Punch how all of this is just propaganda. Pls folks what exactly is Rochas doing in Imo State?

Go and ask me na......dis is fone number==>07036324512
and pls dont forget to tell us which Prison u will be??lol
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Shokudo(m): 9:01am On Jan 13, 2013
Please don't shut someone up. If you know whatever that guy is doing, tell us
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by DrummaBoy(m): 9:03am On Jan 13, 2013
Its funny that anyone will think I was employed to de mean Rochas. Check my history I had praised him before and even suggested him for 2015 presidency but I had always been uncomfortable with his propaganda and his quick use of the name Jesus in his speech to lend religious credence to his actions. fro, experience people like that are usually phony.
I would swish
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by markus1133: 9:05am On Jan 13, 2013
nothing i guess now
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by souljamug: 9:19am On Jan 13, 2013
Dat one concrn una me i wan make money
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Anaskie(m): 9:19am On Jan 13, 2013
To all those complaining about Gov. Rochas' performance, here's the simple solution. How about u guys exchange him for Gov. T.A Orji of Abia state. We wldnt mind at all.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by palugycolina(m): 9:27am On Jan 13, 2013
goldfish80: The same Ohakim that beat up α Revrend father? Wht exactly does Imo people want sef? undecided

They dont know what they want..
Deltans sure dont need someone like okorocha

Nigeria which way
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 13, 2013
Fr those complaning about imo have u been to abiaa state...abians want to exchange governors with imo...so imolites wat do u say
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by franchizy(m): 9:47am On Jan 13, 2013
planetuzor: I guess the 47man laptop have been employed by ohakim and his team to ridicule the work of the best southeastern governor Rochas... Whats in showing the world your good work via the media... Check out the Orlu and Ikigwe road and other smaller roads..Check out the freedom square, The inner village streets being tared, the pensioners who had been owed since year 2000, The Government House being rebuilt, the Ojukwu Structure etc and please note "He just got elected and imo revenue isnt like the other oil producing state - akwa iibom and port hacourt or self revenue generating state like lagos - his on a limited budget"...

I disagree wit u cos Gov Chime of Enugu state is d best south East Governor and not Rochas.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by EMMABC1(m): 10:24am On Jan 13, 2013
Rochas is transforming Orlu into a city wt massive construction of dual carriage roads, rabouts and street light everywhere. As I'm typing work is going on. The new university at orlu is on verge of completion and is xpected to commence March. In owerri, heroes square and ojukwu centre built by him are in use. He is constructing a mega freedom park, a conference centre, few roads and rabout. But, one bad thing abt him is that he abandoned a very important flyover project and a bypass road started by Ohakim. This wud 've d traffic nightmare in owerri. He also doesn't empower the youth by way of employment, rather he sacked d youths employed by Ohakim. Too bad!
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Fleming5(m): 10:30am On Jan 13, 2013
I was sleeping joo, only bad belle people go dey awake 2 comment. Rochas all the way till 2019.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 13, 2013
geeez: He's boxing other governors' PAs and harassing female senators as well as stopping over at roadside maize sellers to buy grilled maize with camera lights flashing

i couldn't have said it better.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by onyeka205(m): 10:39am On Jan 13, 2013
AWKA_MADE_GUN: Mehn the gov is a disaster. Like geeez said he is busy fighting in public with PA's to other governors. A mere talkative, we can't wait for ohakim to return in 2014.

Which of the Ohakims? I hope you don't mean the outgone Governor who wasted his four years that he got on a platter of gold. If Rochas did not perform at the end of the four-year tenure, then, we need an entirely new person from Owerri zone.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Hardfact: 10:39am On Jan 13, 2013
Arysexy:

Idiot! wot has ur ACN govnor done for u? bad belle and jealousy go kill u!
What will this your partisan/tribal angle achieve for you? Or will it hurt to see your beloved gov work even harder, and achieve even more for your people?
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by NaijaNaWaa: 10:55am On Jan 13, 2013
Rocha's is a big fraud. An incompetent and lazy administrator who spends all his time and energy on seeking publicity. Imo state is doomed. That's not to say that the former Otokoto governor called Ohakim is by any means better or even comparable.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 13, 2013
I was in Imo state recently and I saw lots of construction work going on. Yes imo state doesn't get much in allocation but rochas is trying. If you think say e easy go lead your village youths first before coming here to make noise
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by onyeka205(m): 11:22am On Jan 13, 2013
stannydon:

You are just ignorant of what governance is all about, am not a supporter of Ohakim, but lets leave sentiments apart and face reality. ROCHAS is clueless and has no idea of what governance is. If these things you mentioned above are what you called achievement with the amount of revenue coming to Imo state monthly, then you still have a very long way to go. Ohakim conceived better ideas but Rochas has known, he is too childish, just like a child, if you ask him what will you do if given power, he will say everybody will be rich. Imo still need to find someone with better idea not a fraud star and noice maker like ROCHAS!

Ohakim had a lot of excellent ideas but could not put any of them to work, Rochas has no idea but is cluelessly doing some work, which one is better? Mind you, I am not a politician, I am just a federal civil servant in Imo State.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by antontech(m): 11:32am On Jan 13, 2013
I will come back and comment in December 2013
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by jposuagwu: 11:35am On Jan 13, 2013
Is it true that the N100,000 scholarship cheque is not for every student OF imsu? How come some students are yet to get cheque they started issuing since november 2012? Again is it true that beneficiaries are expected to pay N20,,000 to the bank before cashing the cheque? How is the cheque to be utilized?
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by d7thcaller: 11:45am On Jan 13, 2013
CHYKMAN: What Rochas is doing?? He's using his mouth to achieve what Ohakim couldn't give to Imo State. Frankly, I don't pray to see any of them back because although Ohakim is too high-handed and doesn't consider the poor and less-privileged, one thing you can commend him for is that he always does what he says and carries out expert research before presenting his ideas, so that even if they appear inconsiderate, they still make sense and are logical.
Rochas on the other hand is more friendly with the common folks and listens to their wishes. But the fact that he promises more than he can actually do rubbishes every good part of his governorship. I think I'll rather be real than have hope for what won't come. And his ideas are so crude, I wonder if he doesn't even think before he presents ideas he saw in his night dreams obviously.

All in All, Ohakim was a better professional in the field, not that I'll love to see him again.
And for the records, the inner villages do have tarred roads. Ihitte Uboma is an example.

@ CHYMAN....you seem to know Rochas modus operandi very well. Rochas may have had good plans for the people of IMO STATE but he lacked the professionalism, skills and experience to achieve that OR maybe he just wanted to use people to achieve his objectives. Ask any Imo State LGA road contractor and they will tell you better. @ ROCHAS performing..I SMH

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 13, 2013

It is not propaganda. He is working. Go to Wetheral road and see the best primary school by construction standards in Nigeria. Also the free education from primary to university for indigenes is true. Half fees off for non-indigenes of tertiary instituions is also true. That is the imo of our dreams.

Am not an imolite oo. Am telling you what i found out on ground.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 13, 2013
geeez: He's boxing other governors' PAs and harassing female senators as well as stopping over at roadside maize sellers to buy grilled maize with camera lights flashing

That is how you are going to be reported too.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 13, 2013
When are you starting your own foundation now? Dont waste time.

~Bluetooth:
Rochas is a regular 419 who used his foundation to scam VIPs in Nigeria especially in the north,so I won't expect anything good from him as a governor.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Ikengawo: 12:09pm On Jan 13, 2013
biko is Rochas working or not working.
I'm a nigerian in diaspora and if you ask 1 person they will say he is the best thing to happen in nigeria, if you ask that persons brother they will say he's the devil himself.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by dabrake(m): 12:10pm On Jan 13, 2013
YoungUd: Come to Oweri town nw u wil see no hold up cos the man hs creatd roads every where. Go to concord hotel nd see hw beautiful it is nw. Ok he is construtin round about in every junction. Mehn... Say the truth nd it shal set u free!
I've got no issue with RAO but madam, haba @emphasized.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 13, 2013
PosCaricature :
Okorocha adopted initial gra-gra & everybody believed then that the Messiah had finally come to rescue the people of Imo state. Now, it's more talk, less work. All he does now is fight the L.G. Chairmen, Councillors & other prominent people & their Aides. If he eventually becomes the president I'm sure he will beat up the national assembly members including the senate president.

You are truely a Posing Caricature.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jan 13, 2013
Ngwakwe: @Op
You be John the Baptist, who sent his disciples to go query Jesus.

The blind see, lame work and Gospel is preached to the poor

@ topic
The roads are receiving attention, structures are built, salaries and pensions are paid in advance, Imo Children and Youths are being educated free of charge and finally politicking is at play.

Rochas has transformed Owerri to look like Calabar. He is doing well. Haters must always abound. As early as 5:30am, road sweepers have started sweeping roads in Owerri, it is a beautiful city. I visit owerri often. Dont mind evil propangandists. As for his personal behaviour, that is of less importance to me.

Even Jesus who was the saviour had staunch enemies whom he quickly rebuked whenever they came his way. If Orji of Abia does in Aba what Rochas did in Owerri, Abians wont complain.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by clinchez: 12:32pm On Jan 13, 2013
Ya...he is working but it will be better if he pay his contractors,they are totally broke.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 13, 2013
BeingAkorede: Dont mind that man jare, he's like a leading actor in flopped movi
He's rescuing Imo to enrich his personal bank account.

Sorry, Rochas is richer than Imo state annual budget.
Re: What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 13, 2013
Opera Mini: Pls let us get our facts correct on this free education stuff. Primary education had long been free in Imo. I have a ward in primary 5 now, and I have never been asked for any school fees since she started school in 2009, 2 years before Rochas came along.

We all know what UBE is. Universal Basic Education.

But are you the one paying school fees for all imolites in secondary school and tertiary institutions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osita Chidoka Set To Emerge Pdp’s Anambra Central Senatorial Candidate / Edward Onoja Was Arrested By SARS For 'Importing Ak-47' - Politics Nigeria / Dapo Abiodun: New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line Fits Our Transportation Master Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.