Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

MFM Tries To Justify Molestation Of SaharaReporters Crew - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MFM Tries To Justify Molestation Of SaharaReporters Crew (15806 Views)

Gay Protest Led By Gaylord Mr Omoyele Sowore Owner Of Saharareporters. / Saharareporters Crew Encounter With Robert Mugabe In Nigeria / Video Of Saharareporters’ Clash With Robert Mugabe At The Inauguration Ceremony. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MFM Tries To Justify Molestation Of SaharaReporters Crew by Nobody: 1:12am On Jan 14, 2013
God save Nigeria and Nigerians from the charlatans. The con men in high and low places who use the name of God in vain must retrace their steps. This is my hope for the new year for Nigerians. The churches must stop torturing Nigerians, the police must not engage in extra judicial killings. The kidnappers must stop. The baby buyers and sellers who use the name of God to launder the babies with the support of certain Nigerian newspaper shall also stop their nefarious activities.
Re: MFM Tries To Justify Molestation Of SaharaReporters Crew by Nobody: 1:26am On Jan 14, 2013
I think if any thing good would come out of this, it should be that the authorities should dismantle the dungeon and torture chamber of MFM. I expect the MFM hacks to come out of the wood whacks and launch attacks against me as they have already done to some who have contrary views here on this thread. Even Seun was not spared by the mendacious MFM adherents.

Let me simply state here that if you decide to engage in intellectual discussion with me here, I would be glad to do so. I would ask you first to answer the question that I previously posed which is what would Christ do? But any mud sligging will certainly not be responded to by me. No doubt the over zealous MFM goons terrorist tendencies have come to bite them on their butt and rather than do proper damage control, MFM drank more kool-aid lace with opium and delirium and pursued SR and Sowore with more bullying and defamation. The jolt administered by SR's video has not made MFM to confront the issues head on. They have concocted facts and engaged in character assassination of Sowore. This is not Christ-like!

It is not too late for MFM to make amends. The next few days should give MFM another opportunity to act like a responsible Church. The world view of MFM should not be seen from the prism of if you oppose what we did to SR and others, you are not a good Christian because that is pathetic and naive. I don 't think Christ would approve what MFM did to SR and that is where I operate from.
Re: MFM Tries To Justify Molestation Of SaharaReporters Crew by REVOLUTNIS: 2:33am On Jan 14, 2013
omonuan:

You are saying that it is okay for MFM to flog, detain, chain anyone they choose. I am sure Christ would be so proud of you. He saw your ilk during his time. And MFM goons are no different from the Pharisees that arrested Christ. The Pharisees flogged Christ, MFM flogged sellers in their domain. The Pharisees nailed Christ to the cross, MFM chained sellers to the door. Christ teaching of peace and turning the other cheek means nothing to MFM and its followers. This is another reason Christ must be proud of MFM.

MFM and the Pharisees that killed Christ have a lot in common. You use torture and coercion as an instrument of submission just like the Pharisees. Why won't Christ be proud of MFM?

I am beginning to suspect that MFM is either a cult or controlled and manipulated by cult of personalities. The self immolation of head banging is proof! Another proof is the irrational rantings of MFM hirelings on this thread.

Mr. talker, i don't think ur opinion makes any sens in the matter. All i kn is that MFM will continue to torture, detain and chain witches and wizards who parade in the human form like saharajihad trying to invade the house of God in the name of trying to cover the cross over service. To show they were on a mission or that they are agents of Satan, immediately they left MFM, they went strait to cover masquerades and demons. They were not the only journalists there to cover that event but because of their demonic and boko haram like attitude made them to be disgraced and throw out of the church. They should be thought by their imams that MFM is a church on fire not like EWAS and other disco dancing churches they easily invade and burn at will. Sahararepoters are like AL Jazera which is the bird eyes of Islam spying nations, govt houses and christian organizations. Sahararepoters GIVES information to boko haram and other terrorists. they are NOT journalist as people thought but media terrorists on a jihad mission. Churches should close their doors them on and should not accredited them in any of their events. trash!
Re: MFM Tries To Justify Molestation Of SaharaReporters Crew by Nobody: 2:43am On Jan 14, 2013
REVOLUTNIS:

Mr. talker, i don't think ur opinion makes any sens in the matter. All i kn is that MFM will continue to torture, detain and chain witches and wizards who parade in the human form like saharajihad trying to invade the house of God in the name of trying to cover the cross over service. To show they were on a mission or that they are agents of Satan, immediately they left MFM, they went strait to cover masquerades and demons. They were not the only journalists there to cover that event but because of their demonic and boko haram like attitude made them to be disgraced and throw out of the church. They should be thought by their imams that MFM is a church on fire not like EWAS and other disco dancing churches they easily invade and burn at will. Sahararepoters are like AL Jazera which is the bird eyes of Islam spying nations, govt houses and christian organizations. Sahararepoters GIVES information to boko haram and other terrorists. they are NOT journalist as people thought but media terrorists on a jihad mission. Churches should close their doors them on and should not accredited them in any of their events. trash!

Are you kidding? Did you really read what you wrote? Please tell me the verse in the bible where Christ tortured any one including witches or wizards. if you can't give me the chapter and the verse of the Bible where this was done please chill. It is absurd for you to equate masquerade with evil. It shows how irrational some of you can be.

During the Yuletide and some festivals in Nigeria, masquerades come out to entertain for fun. Nothing evil in it. I Participated in Masquerade dances during my youth and it had nothing to do with your perceived notion. Since you did not know it, masquerades are human beings in disguise and/or wearing masks. Stop the character assassination and be Christlike for once. Otherwise I won't respond to you again. Meanwhile, I will wait for you to give the Chapter of the Bible where Christ tortured and chained anyone.

I thought Christ was about winning souls not about torturing anyone but hey I could be wrong, I am waiting to be educated on how Christ tortured people. If MFM operates a house of God like you claimed, they should welcome everyone including sinners and saints. Even Satan should not be tortured in any church. He should be baptized and shown the ways of Christ. Those who torture people are no better than satan. They should not even be considered Christians. Cult would suit them fine.
Re: MFM Tries To Justify Molestation Of SaharaReporters Crew by GARRIx7(m): 3:13am On Jan 14, 2013
free13:

The useless dog is speaking. grin grin
Create more IDs, you are already a hopeless fa.ggot.
....The imbec!le keeps advertising his stupidity!!

cheesy cheesy
Re: MFM Tries To Justify Molestation Of SaharaReporters Crew by GARRIx7(m): 3:35am On Jan 14, 2013
@Omonuan:
You can now see why many persons view the Christians in Nigeria as hypocrites. SR accused MFM of human right abuse, torture, false detention etc. Instead of addressing the issues raised they engage in baseless vituperations and threats all in an attempt to shout-down and intimidate those with contrary opinion.

The response of the Pastor confirms that:
1. SR crew were actually molested.

2. They actually permitted to cover the event after they identified themselves and explained their mission.

Instead of apologising for the excessive behaviour of their security personnel, they resort to threats and cheap blackmail.

Its truly a dance of shame that leaves much to be desired....

1 Like

Re: MFM Tries To Justify Molestation Of SaharaReporters Crew by Nobody: 3:42am On Jan 14, 2013
GARRI (x7):
@Omonuan:
You can now see why many persons view the Christians in Nigeria as hypocrites. SR accused MFM of human right abuse, torture, false detention etc. Instead of addressing the issues raised they engage in baseless vituperations and threats all in an attempt to shout-down and intimidate those with contrary opinion.

The response of the Pastor confirms that:
1. SR crew were actually molested.

2. They actually permitted to cover the event after they identified themselves and explained their mission.

Instead of apologising for the excessive behaviour of their security personnel, they resort in threats and cheap blackmail.

Its truly a dance of shame that leaves much to be desired....

I agree! These so called Christians hold the teachings of Christ in contempt and they are proud of this.
Re: MFM Tries To Justify Molestation Of SaharaReporters Crew by GARRIx7(m): 3:53am On Jan 14, 2013
REVOLUTNIS:
YES

What a Shame....

SMH..
Re: MFM Tries To Justify Molestation Of SaharaReporters Crew by cleric(m): 4:52am On Jan 14, 2013
Sahara reporters are two faced liars as evidenced by past reports. These I know for sure:
1. Selling of wares is not allowed in the auditorium. If a stubborn hawker does this, the wares will be seized and they have all be warned, yet some still stubbornly do it.
2. Selling of wares have designated areas which is very large by size yet some will still go beyond this. I remember once hearing a task force official telling a woman: 'sister, I have warned you 2ce to stay within the designated area, if we seize your wares and detain you till the programme is over, you will say we are being wicked.'
3.fire crackers is not allowed, yet some of these youths will come with fire crackers and will even throw some into the main auditorium causing panic ( boom haram has made Christian worshippers careful and not call anything bluff).
4. Like someone asked, what did SR do that other journalist did not do? That warranted them to be detained till the programme was over.
5. As for brutality, I know this is just a lie because even thieves that are caught in the premises are not brutalised. ( at least those I have seen caught).
6. There should be decorum in the house of God.
7. SR talking about journalism without proper accreditation in America? Going to a church where there are perhaps 1000 people who are honoured you came to their event is not same as breaching protocols in a jam packed event wi the likelihood of the life snuffing Muslims coming to cause mayhem is not same. Which is why bomb detectors and massive vehicle scanners were installed. Can Sahara reporters cover a White House press briefing without accreditation? MFM overlooked your accreditation issues and yet you raise dust.
8. The gates of hell cannot prevail against the church of God if it is truly the church of God because the bible says so.
9. Seun and cohorts, if you are deliberately waging war against Christianity, be assured that this site will wither like those before it. It is not a curse o, it just a fact.

1 Like

Re: MFM Tries To Justify Molestation Of SaharaReporters Crew by Nobody: 5:34am On Jan 14, 2013
cleric: Sahara reporters are two faced liars as evidenced by past reports. These I know for sure:
1. Selling of wares is not allowed in the auditorium. If a stubborn hawker does this, the wares will be seized and they have all be warned, yet some still stubbornly do it.
2. Selling of wares have designated areas which is very large by size yet some will still go beyond this. I remember once hearing a task force official telling a woman: 'sister, I have warned you 2ce to stay within the designated area, if we seize your wares and detain you till the programme is over, you will say we are being wicked.'
3.fire crackers is not allowed, yet some of these youths will come with fire crackers and will even throw some into the main auditorium causing panic ( boom haram has made Christian worshippers careful and not call anything bluff).
4. Like someone asked, what did SR do that other journalist did not do? That warranted them to be detained till the programme was over.
5. As for brutality, I know this is just a lie because even thieves that are caught in the premises are not brutalised. ( at least those I have seen caught).
6. There should be decorum in the house of God.
7. SR talking about journalism without proper accreditation in America? Going to a church where there are perhaps 1000 people who are honoured you came to their event is not same as breaching protocols in a jam packed event wi the likelihood of the life snuffing Muslims coming to cause mayhem is not same. Which is why bomb detectors and massive vehicle scanners were installed. Can Sahara reporters cover a White House press briefing without accreditation? MFM overlooked your accreditation issues and yet you raise dust.
8. The gates of hell cannot prevail against the church of God if it is truly the church of God because the bible says so.
9. Seun and cohorts, if you are deliberately waging war against Christianity, be assured that this site will wither like those before it. It is not a curse o, it just a fact.

This is the usual hogwash from MFM honchos and is irrelevant as to whether MFM falsely imprisoned Sowore and his SR crew. It is certainly a diversion to say that if you disagree with MFM did, you are "waging a war against Christianity." i dare say that MFM is waging war on the peaceful teachings of Christ by their torturing people. Perhaps you can help answer my question sir: what would Christ do? No body has answered this question that has been posed over and over again.

Forget about the pepper sellers and the firecrackers, SR had nothing to do with them. And yes if a Church in the U.S. is organizing a prayer session, everyone including journalists is invited whether accredited or not. During the Christmas period, journalists went to churches and video taped them in the U.S. without prior restraint or what you call accreditation. And if it is the U.S. that MFM did what they did here, they'll be sued for millions and MFM will never be the same again. They'll go bankrupt. But then again churches in the U.S. won't behave like MFM. They know better.

Moreover, your MFM spokesperson admitted that SR was allowed to film the services after they identified themselves so accreditation should not be an issue. The spokesperson also said that MFM ran an open door policy. So what is the fuss from you guys now? What are you hiding?

I think that it is better for MFM and their errand crew to stop and see the futility of their intimidatory tactics, Your (mis)handling of this matter has done more damages to your church than SR has. I suggest that you and your church should hire a professional to help do damage control and there should be a cease and desist order to the foot soldiers of MFM including yourself in social media. You are not helping! In fact, your tactics are vile!

Every objective Nigerian knows that many other Nigerian journalists are for sale to the highest bidder. They are hungry and could have been "settled" by MFM to scuttle the truth. So far, Omoyele Sowore has shown that he is incorruptible. Therefore, the fact that Sowore was the only journalist "arrested" is a testament to his integrity and should not detract from MFM's atrocious behavior.

1 Like

Re: MFM Tries To Justify Molestation Of SaharaReporters Crew by 2fine2fast(m): 7:11am On Jan 14, 2013
SAHARA REPORTERS KO......KALAHARI REPORTERS NI
Re: MFM Tries To Justify Molestation Of SaharaReporters Crew by asemota2012: 8:11am On Jan 14, 2013
THE STORY BY SR MUST BE A BLATTANT LIE.OK?
Re: MFM Tries To Justify Molestation Of SaharaReporters Crew by OmoEziokwu: 9:37am On Jan 14, 2013
bodejohn: ...there are several overzealous church workers who many times take laws into their hands thinking they are working for God. Have you ever seen a phone thief been handled by this holy army? They are only a few inches away from the Aluu people.

These religious outfits in Nigeria are all just fraudsters. I wonder why most Nigerians cannot see this. Take a look at jet-buying Oyedepos, to the fetish-cult-like Father Edes and the gloss-wannabe Okoties and Oyakhilomes, I really don't know what these people have to offer. If Nigeria is so religious then why is it in its present state of decay? Oh well... undecided

1 Like

Re: MFM Tries To Justify Molestation Of SaharaReporters Crew by OmoEziokwu: 9:38am On Jan 14, 2013
Anjasor: Some of these churches operate like secret societies. What is the big deal about a media coverage that a church will rinsist on accreditation. May be there is something they dont want prying eyes to see.

Definitely!
Re: MFM Tries To Justify Molestation Of SaharaReporters Crew by OmoEziokwu: 9:43am On Jan 14, 2013
GARRI (x7):

So the church also has it's own 40-laptop crew..... grin grin grin

Ha ha grin grin grin grin
Re: MFM Tries To Justify Molestation Of SaharaReporters Crew by TeskyMan(m): 9:47am On Jan 14, 2013
@ omonuan

What exactly have you been seeping....Does it mean that Sahara Reporters, having been allowed to cover the events, went further beyond the authorized boundary, should be left/allowed a free day just because SOWORE is incorruptible. According to the story, the issue in not about access to the event but breaching the protocol of boundaries. It's like saying, this is my party. Invitation can only grant you access to room A. You are restricted from room B & C. Yet because this is SOWORE, I should breach it. Thats a capital NO! Think about it, what if he has an IED loaded in his camera? Who knows? Do you think because it is a house of God, every tom, joystick and perper should be allowed access without decorum? Relating this with the Bible facts, In the days of Jesus Christ, was there Boko Haram? Was there anywhere in the Bible which pointed out that during the teaching our Lord Jesus Christ, there was security treat just like we have in Nigeria?

Go back, read what you have typed and see if it makes sense. We are talking about over 30,000 crowd at a time, we are talking about security of life of the congregation.

I'm out please. You can call me any name......

1 Like

Re: MFM Tries To Justify Molestation Of SaharaReporters Crew by OmoEziokwu: 9:53am On Jan 14, 2013
Ile-Ife:
[size=15pt]Please watch this video and see how people wish to be cursed, all in the name of journalism (Jihad). abi na una own kind of Jihad be this? This is one the reasons why there are so many lunatics walking the streets of Naija. trouble go dey sleep, dem go use yanga wake am[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJuYfyruFS0?hl=en_GB&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param

Just see the poverty everywhere ha ha ha and they are so soaked up in it that they cannot see how they are being manipulated, while the rest of the world advances. cheesy grin
Re: MFM Tries To Justify Molestation Of SaharaReporters Crew by cleric(m): 11:31am On Jan 14, 2013
Ile-Ife:
[size=15pt]Please watch this video and see how people wish to be cursed, all in the name of journalism (Jihad). abi na una own kind of Jihad be this? This is one the reasons why there are so many lunatics walking the streets of Naija. trouble go dey sleep, dem go use yanga wake am[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJuYfyruFS0?hl=en_GB&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param
All those that have been screaming torture, I don't know how restricting someone's movement for 4 hrs equals torture. Do you know how many hours the police in the uk and the us can detain you for questioning? Please when some of you write, add some sense and exposure to it and avoid unnecessary sensationalism.
As I watch this video, I realised I actually saw when the journalist was being escorted off. I didn't see any sign of torture. Unless it was done after they left the auditorium. If so, where is the proof? The fact that MFM is apologising is not an admittance of guilt. It is for peace. In Christianity, we are taught to apologise even when wronged. As for the journalist behind this, GOd is watching.
omonuan:

This is the usual hogwash from MFM honchos and is irrelevant as to whether MFM falsely imprisoned Sowore and his SR crew. It is certainly a diversion to say that if you disagree with MFM did, you are "waging a war against Christianity." i dare say that MFM is waging war on the peaceful teachings of Christ by their torturing people. Perhaps you can help answer my question sir: what would Christ do? No body has answered this question that has been posed over and over again.

Forget about the pepper sellers and the firecrackers, SR had nothing to do with them. And yes if a Church in the U.S. is organizing a prayer session, everyone including journalists is invited whether accredited or not. During the Christmas period, journalists went to churches and video taped them in the U.S. without prior restraint or what you call accreditation. And if it is the U.S. that MFM did what they did here, they'll be sued for millions and MFM will never be the same again. They'll go bankrupt. But then again churches in the U.S. won't behave like MFM. They know better.

Moreover, your MFM spokesperson admitted that SR was allowed to film the services after they identified themselves so accreditation should not be an issue. The spokesperson also said that MFM ran an open door policy. So what is the fuss from you guys now? What are you hiding?

I think that it is better for MFM and their errand crew to stop and see the futility of their intimidatory tactics, Your (mis)handling of this matter has done more damages to your church than SR has. I suggest that you and your church should hire a professional to help do damage control and there should be a cease and desist order to the foot soldiers of MFM including yourself in social media. You are not helping! In fact, your tactics are vile!

Every objective Nigerian knows that many other Nigerian journalists are for sale to the highest bidder. They are hungry and could have been "settled" pby MFM to scuttle the truth. So far, Omoyele Sowore has shown that he is incorruptible. Therefore, the fact that Sowore was the only journalist "arrested" is a testament to his integrity and should not detract from MFM's atrocious behavior.
You keep screaming torture. Did you read my points 4,5,& 7 ? Where is the evidence of torture? Restricting someone's movement for breaching laid down protocols is not torture. Not drinking water for 4 hrs will not kill him. If the guy was filming or snapping pictures , he would have stayed without water and wouldn't have died. If MFM had given him water, he probably would have said MFM poisoned him with water.
Those of you that keep screaming developed world and have not been to the airport or stay in one tiny village of the so called developed world can keep over hyping things here. There is no where in the world where you break protocol and they dont have the right to detain you so long as you are within their territory. if you doubt me, those of you in nigeria can go to either the british high commision or US embassy and try to break their protocols by trying to gain access to a room that says 'Staff Only' / let them find you in a restricted area where you shouldnt be. You will find out if you will not be detained for more than 4 hrs while explaining your actions. what happened to the journalist that was shoved off and had his camera broken and the seized by the British journalist for taking pictures of the wife of Mugabe when they had clearly told journalist not to take pictures? how much did the ZImbabwean government pay? Please when you argue, argue with objectivity. it is obvious that the sahara reporter is just being sensational. Neways,i never take them as serious journalists anyway.You can keep typing away at your computer trying to drag the churches in mud, as for me, I have better things to do. I will say no more.
P.s,
Pardon the typos. No time to proof read.
Re: MFM Tries To Justify Molestation Of SaharaReporters Crew by basty: 1:19pm On Jan 14, 2013
It is becoming of Sahara Reporters to run Men of God down. They started with Winners, printing nonsense of Bishop Oyedepo and Now MFM.
I am a member of MFM, notwithstanding, I dont like Sahara Reporters position on Christianity. I know most of these guys are Atheist after their Mentor.
These are guys that are all out to destroy the body of Christ. Sahara Reporters will fail if they fail to stop these unwarranted attacks.
They will report Pastors using private jets, living in paradise.
Re: MFM Tries To Justify Molestation Of SaharaReporters Crew by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 14, 2013
basty: It is becoming of Sahara Reporters to run Men of God down. They started with Winners, printing nonsense of Bishop Oyedepo and Now MFM.
I am a member of MFM, notwithstanding, I dont like Sahara Reporters position on Christianity. I know most of these guys are Atheist after their Mentor.
These are guys that are all out to destroy the body of Christ. Sahara Reporters will fail if they fail to stop these unwarranted attacks.
They will report Pastors using private jets, living in paradise.

I have not seen any of you crying here answer the question what would Christ do? Please answer this question or forever hold your peace. Stop the black mail, intimidation and worship of cult of personalities you guys call pastors or "men of God" as you call them. The Christ I know would not use the vile tactics you MFM members are using. He was a man of peace. Christianity and someone being a man of God should not be by self acclaimation. It should be known and shown by conduct. What I have seen from you MFM honchos seems to indicate that you belong to a cult and not a church. Thus, your need for secrecy.

If MFM has men of GOD in your midst, he would have already restrained the extremists among you who hop in hordes to different social medium and use subtle and not so subtle intimadory tactics, A real man of God would not allow the religious zealots in MFM to run amok and raise religious intimidation to a chutzpah thereby making boko haram and the other terrorists envious of MFM tactics. No wonder your spokesman compared your church to a mosque. You guys are birds of the same feather.

MFM tactics and Christ teachings seems to have diverged and that is a shame. Maybe MFM and Christ teachings were never in sync ab initio. It also seems that MFM members worship "men of God" and not God himself.

I can teach some of you the rule of evidence in law but this is not the forum for it. If the fact that someone was chained to a door in church or detained for four hours and/or flogged is not torture then nothing will convince you MFM members of what torture is.

The debate that I am yearning for that MFM members are avoiding like a plague is what would Christ do under the circumstances. Somebody help me please!
Re: MFM Tries To Justify Molestation Of SaharaReporters Crew by REVOLUTNIS: 3:20pm On Jan 14, 2013
omonuan:

Are you kidding? Did you really read what you wrote? Please tell me the verse in the bible where Christ tortured any one including witches or wizards. if you can't give me the chapter and the verse of the Bible where this was done please chill. It is absurd for you to equate masquerade with evil. It shows how irrational some of you can be.

During the Yuletide and some festivals in Nigeria, masquerades come out to entertain for fun. Nothing evil in it. I Participated in Masquerade dances during my youth and it had nothing to do with your perceived notion. Since you did not know it, masquerades are human beings in disguise and/or wearing masks. Stop the character assassination and be Christlike for once. Otherwise I won't respond to you again. Meanwhile, I will wait for you to give the Chapter of the Bible where Christ tortured and chained anyone.

I thought Christ was about winning souls not about torturing anyone but hey I could be wrong, I am waiting to be educated on how Christ tortured people. If MFM operates a house of God like you claimed, they should welcome everyone including sinners and saints. Even Satan should not be tortured in any church. He should be baptized and shown the ways of Christ. Those who torture people are no better than satan. They should not even be considered Christians. Cult would suit them fine.

Omomasquerade

I don't hv any issue wt ur masquerades and other impersonating demons so far they operate in their confined territory neither did i said that MFM tortures and chains people. As i said earlier MFM is a firebrand church that doesn't compromise God's standard as stated in the Bible, i am not a member of the church but i visit and fellowship wt them whenever am around. they are not praise and disco dancing church like the one u attend if u are a Christian. MFM is one church of Jesus Christ that is actively into training, equipping and preparing an army of aggressive prayer warriors and intercessors in this end-time if u understand what i mean. They wont take any nonsense from anyone who goes against the scripture in the name of human right and civilization. they hv rules and regulations for external media organization that wants to cover their activities just like other religious organization like mosque does. it is a common saying that when one u goes to Rome he should learn to behave like a Roman not trying to foment trouble. I think this saharaJihadReporters flouted the church stated rules for media organizations covering the event for them to hv bn arrested and detained. they were looking for undue relevance through the church. For the other issue relating to the practice of witchcraft, i dont care if u try to turn the whole Bible to the "teaching of Christ" God is the author of the Bible it is His living word, and He inspired men to put it writing. every word in the Bible is God's word and that God is Jesus Christ, who is our saviour, Lord and Redeemer. There is nothing as Paul's teaching, Peter's teaching, Moses teaching and so on. it is call GOD'S WORD. whether it came through Peter, Paul, Isaiah, Moses, Luke as teaching or admonition, it is GOD'S WORD. Some freethinker, pro-evil and Islamists will like to separate the Bible by calling some "Christ teaching" Paul's teaching" in order to suit their reprobate and scoundrel mind. It is very clear in God's word that He stands against any forms of witchcraft. Deut. 18: 10-14. Exodus 22:18. Liv. 19:26,31. Acts 8:9-13. chapter 19:13-20. stated that God is against witchcraft and whose who patronize them. the Bible says they should be marked for death because they are one of evil's principal instruments of wickedness. they are those Bible calls rulers of darkness in Eph. 6:12. On the other issue of u not responding to my comments and post here, i think it is ignorance or immaturity that made u said that. If u had gone through my comments or checked the topics i commented on u should hv not made that empty boasting. I kn the individuals and topics i comments on, i can chose not to comment on any topic or a reply from any member u too can do that than coming out here to make a fool of ur empty self in boasting. Do i need to fry egg for u before u seek knowledge? must u boast and make empty threat? if u decided not to respond to any of my comments what will happen? will responding to my comments put food in my table or change anythin in my word. what is matter with u boasters? Anyway, thanks for responding in boastful manner
Re: MFM Tries To Justify Molestation Of SaharaReporters Crew by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 14, 2013
TeskyMan: @ omonuan

What exactly have you been seeping....Does it mean that Sahara Reporters, having been allowed to cover the events, went further beyond the authorized boundary, should be left/allowed a free day just because SOWORE is incorruptible. According to the story, the issue in not about access to the event but breaching the protocol of boundaries. It's like saying, this is my party. Invitation can only grant you access to room A. You are restricted from room B & C. Yet because this is SOWORE, I should breach it. Thats a capital NO! Think about it, what if he has an IED loaded in his camera? Who knows? Do you think because it is a house of God, every tom, joystick and perper should be allowed access without decorum? Relating this with the Bible facts, In the days of Jesus Christ, was there Boko Haram? Was there anywhere in the Bible which pointed out that during the teaching our Lord Jesus Christ, there was security treat just like we have in Nigeria?

Go back, read what you have typed and see if it makes sense. We are talking about over 30,000 crowd at a time, we are talking about security of life of the congregation.

I'm out please. You can call me any name......

Okay now, MFM has the right to ask Mr. Sowore to leave the church premises and if this is what was done rather than attacking him, no one would have faulted the church and I don't think that SR would have raised any issue,. It is the "arrest" and the false imprisonment that is troubling. The other troubling fact is the exposé by SR that they saw people flogged and chained to the door in a hallowed house of GOD. You would agree with me that a non state actor and certainly a church should not operate a prison or torture anyone.

Now at the time of Christ, there was no boko haram but Christ faced even more perilous situations. He knew that he had come under the radar of the Roman Empire and that they were going to look for reasons to eliminate him. He was cautious and tried to avoid running afoul of the laws set by Caesar and this was why he told his followers to give unto Caesar what is Caesars. It appears that Peter knew of the danger Christ faced and that was why he armed himself with a sword. However, Christ had no body guards, no torture chamber and he arrested no one. When Peter used the sword in defense of Christ to cut off the ear of a Pharisee, Christ was appalled by Peter's actions.

I don't think Christ would have handled SR like MFM did. He would have embrace the opportunity to teach Sowore and his crew the word of GOD and use them to spread the word. I could see Sowore being a disciple of Christ in charge of mass media and Internet operations for the ministry. At least Christ would be rest assured that Sowore would not take bribe and betray him like Judas did. At no time did MFM allege that SR posed a security threat. They knew who Sowore was because he told them.

I like to debate with you. Please keep it civil at least and no ad hominen attacks! Don't worry, I dont usually engage in name calling or abuses.
Re: MFM Tries To Justify Molestation Of SaharaReporters Crew by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 14, 2013
i dont have the time to read all the posts.
This issue happened right in front of me. If u know Prayer City very well,it happened at the back of the tape stand where the ministers sit. so i was right at the back of the ministers area.
What happened was that during the sermon be4 d midnite, there was ds man with a camera that was trying to go to the altar.
So the ushers went to him to ask me some Qs and he was like he wanted to go front to cover the program, they told him no dat he culd just stay somewhere closer to dat and not where the sermon was going on. He insisted so dey tried to escort him out.
The situation was so calm and no nobody harassed anybody.
He wasnt the only reporter that came dat nite, why would he want to get close to the altar?
AM sure he was not invited dats y he was not recognized as well.
So people shld stop saying jargon about stories dey know nothing about.

2 Likes

Re: MFM Tries To Justify Molestation Of SaharaReporters Crew by aribisala0(m): 3:39pm On Jan 14, 2013
Why is the GO asking that they phone him for an apology??
Why does Mountain of Fire and Brimstone not come out and say categorically that they did NOT detain anyone or deny the other allegations

1 Like

Re: MFM Tries To Justify Molestation Of SaharaReporters Crew by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 14, 2013
REVOLUTNIS:
I don't hv any issue wt ur masquerades and other impersonating demons so far they operate in their confined territory neither did i said that MFM tortures and chains people.

Dude, please write in paragraphs. It makes for a better reading. You failed in your long thesis to answer the question I posed. What would Christ do? And where in the Bible did Christ torture, flogged and chained people? Yea you stated in your Previous post that MFM would continue to chain, torture and flog people you termed witches and wizards.

Now you are staying that you never said MFM does these things. Do you see anything wrong with your changing story? Methinks it is unchristian to lie about what you said especially when it is in writing. When you guys drink your opium laced kool-aid, you say things that are really absurd. Go back and re-read your posts.

Remember the mantra: judge not and you shall not be judged? Imbibe this mantra in your life and it will help you take off the log in your eyes.
Re: MFM Tries To Justify Molestation Of SaharaReporters Crew by REVOLUTNIS: 4:30pm On Jan 14, 2013
omonuan:
Dude, please write in paragraphs. It makes for a better reading. You failed in your long thesis to answer the question I posed. What would Christ do? And where in the Bible did Christ torture, flogged and chained people? Yea you stated in your Previous post that MFM would continue to chain, torture and flog people you termed witches and wizards.

Now you are staying that you never said MFM does these things. Do you see anything wrong with your changing story? Methinks it is unchristian to lie about what you said especially when it is in writing. When you guys drink your opium laced kool-aid, you say things that are really absurd. Go back and re-read your post.

Remember the mantra: judge not and you shall not be judged? Imbibe this mantra in your life it will help you take off the log in your eyes.
I thought i was the only one noticing ur madness.
keep it up! THIS IS THE LAST COMMENT U WILL READ FROM ME

1 Like

Re: MFM Tries To Justify Molestation Of SaharaReporters Crew by GARRIx7(m): 4:31pm On Jan 14, 2013
Its obvious why with the proliferation of churches in Nigeria, she's still a shyte-hole.. Our christians do not know the essence of Christianity..

Its a pity...... undecided
Re: MFM Tries To Justify Molestation Of SaharaReporters Crew by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 14, 2013
REVOLUTNIS:
I thought i was the only one noticing ur madness.
keep it up! THIS IS THE LAST COMMENT U WILL READ FROM ME

Good riddance! You got caught in a blatant lie and it is fight or flight for you. Your own opium induced madness got the best of you. Sorry! I am sure your "men of GOD" in MFM would be so proud of you for lying.
Re: MFM Tries To Justify Molestation Of SaharaReporters Crew by TeskyMan(m): 7:02pm On Jan 14, 2013
omonuan:

Okay now, MFM has the right to ask Mr. Sowore to leave the church premises and if this is what was done rather than attacking him, no one would have faulted the church and [size=15pt]I don't think[/size] that SR would have raised any issue,. It is the "arrest" and the false imprisonment that is troubling. The other troubling fact is the exposé by SR that they saw people flogged and chained to the door in a hallowed house of GOD. You would agree with me that a non state actor and certainly a church should not operate a prison or torture anyone.

Now at the time of Christ, there was no boko haram but Christ faced even more perilous situations. He knew that he had come under the radar of the Roman Empire and that they were going to look for reasons to eliminate him. He was cautious and tried to avoid running afoul of the laws set by Caesar and this was why he told his followers to give unto Caesar what is Caesars. It appears that Peter knew of the danger Christ faced and that was why he armed himself with a sword. However, Christ had no body guards, no torture chamber and he arrested no one. When Peter used the sword in defense of Christ to cut off the ear of a Pharisee, Christ was appalled by Peter's actions.

I don't think Christ would have handled SR like MFM did. He would have embrace the opportunity to teach Sowore and his crew the word of GOD and use them to spread the word. I could see Sowore being a disciple of Christ in charge of mass media and Internet operations for the ministry. At least Christ would be rest assured that Sowore would not take bribe and betray him like Judas did. At no time did MFM allege that SR posed a security threat. They knew who Sowore was because he told them.

I like to debate with you. Please keep it civil at least and no ad hominen attacks! Don't worry, I dont usually engage in name calling or abuses.

Sir, I like your civility and way of reasoning, hence the response.

Anyway, the bolded part of your response doesn't mean that SOWORE was civil when he was being ushered out. For the fact that you did not think something happened in an unusual way, does not make it happen in a usual way. Sowore has always been a comrade, more of a militant(right from the university days), I respect him alot and i know him very well. You and I can picture what SOWORE can do to provoke the crowd(I'm assuming you know him personally or probably you've heard or read about his antics in the university days).

One thing is sure, Sowore has more to this story than meets the eye. I still stand to be corrected, why did he go further beyond the authorized boundary,if he didn't have an interior motive? We all know that an action will definitely require a counter reaction. From the look of things, we can conclude that Sowore came with the intention of being molested by the security(intentionally trying to gain access to the restricted area) so as to write about MFM? Prove me wrong brother?

Cheers!!

1 Like

Re: MFM Tries To Justify Molestation Of SaharaReporters Crew by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 14, 2013
TeskyMan:

Sir, I like your civility and way of reasoning, hence the response.

Anyway, the bolded part of your response doesn't mean that SOWORE was civil when he was being ushered out. For the fact that you did not think something happened in an unusual way, does not make it happen in a usual way. Sowore has always been a comrade, more of a militant(right from the university days), I respect him alot and i know him very well. You and I can picture what SOWORE can do to provoke the crowd(I'm assuming you know him personally or probably you've heard or read about his antics in the university days).

One thing is sure, Sowore has more to this story than meets the eye. I still stand to be corrected, why did he go further beyond the authorized boundary,if he didn't have an interior motive? We all know that an action will definitely require a counter reaction. From the look of things, we can conclude that Sowore came with the intention of being molested by the security(intentionally trying to gain access to the restricted area) so as to write about MFM? Prove me wrong brother?

Cheers!!

Thanks Teskyman , I saw your intelligent response and this is what made me to reach out to you for discussion of the impasse between MFM and SR. It is imperative for me to mention that I do not personally know Mr. Sowore. However, I have come to admire his courage. He is a rare breed! You know him personally in college so I would defer to your assertion that he is a rabble rouser and may not have been civil when he was confronted. I would even agree with you for the sake of argument that he had ulterior motives and was out looking for trouble at MFM on New Year's Eve .

However, MFM which is a mega Church has a moral high ground and mishandled the situation from the beginning and even after the incident became public. Because of MFM's moral high ground, I expected much more from them than was offered. This is why I kept asking what would Christ do? If Sowore and the crew exceeded the boundary set by the church, he could have been asked to leave the church. Nevertheless, he was restrained from leaving against his will and was abused in many ways during and after the incident. Furthermore, it appears that a horde of MFM supporters was unleashed to impugn the character of Sowore after the incident.

I have a higher expectation from MFM and when I saw your church spokesman compare MFM to a mosque, I shuddered. MFM needs a PR arm that should help handle this type of situation rather than ad hoc committee of attack dogs. MFM is a mega Church not PDP or ACN. It is God's house for Christ sake. Therefore, it should always take the moral high road. I had expected MFM to hold a press conference and state that MFM is sorry if SOWORE felt mistreated and that he is welcomed to come back to fellowship with the Church. The GO should have assured the public that he would look into SR 's complaints and make changes to the security department to be proactive rather than reactionary.

The character assassination of Mr. Sowore by MFM and its supporters troubled me the most especially in the face of video evidence. And many of MFM supporters did a shoddy job in defense of MFM. I had one of your church members on this thread say that MFM would continue to chain, torture, flog and detain those he called witches and wizards. He implied that Sowore is a wizard that needed to be tortured and further accused Sowore of providing information to Boko Haram . When I asked him to show me the chapter and verse in the Bible where it was shown that Christ did what he was recommending, he came back and denied ever saying that MFM tortured people. How can a reasonable person hold a rational discussion with somebody that engages in blatant lies?

So my problem is simply the way MFM handled the situation . It went below the standard I expected from a house of God. MFM needs to understand the damages that are mostly self inflicted could have been prevented and may be should learn a lesson from this debacle. Always take the moral high road because that is how Christ would have wanted it!
Re: MFM Tries To Justify Molestation Of SaharaReporters Crew by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 14, 2013
omonuan:

Thanks Teskyman , I saw your intelligent response and this is what made me to reach out to you for discussion of the impasse between MFM and SR. It is imperative for me to mention that I do not personally know Mr. Sowore. However, I have come to admire his courage. He is a rear breed! You know him personally in college so I would defer to your assertion that he is a rabble rouser and may not have been civil when he was confronted. I would even agree with you for the sake of argument that he was out looking for trouble at MFM on New Year's Eve .

However, MFM which is a mega Church has a moral high ground and mishandled the situation from the beginning and even after the incident became public. Because of MFM's moral high ground, I expected much more from them than was offered. This is why I kept asking what would Christ do? If Sowore and the crew exceeded the boundary set by the church, he could have been asked to leave the church. Nevertheless, he was restrained from leaving against his will and was abused in many ways during and after the incident. Furthermore, it appears that a horde of MFM supporters was unleashed to impugn the character of Sowore after the incident.

I have a higher expectation from MFM and when I saw your church spokesman compare MFM to a mosque, I shuddered. MFM needs a PR arm that should help handle this type of situation rather than ad hoc committee of attack dogs. MFM is a mega Church not PDP or ACN. It is God's house for Christ sake. Therefore, it should always take the moral high road. I had expected MFM to hold a press conference and state that MFM is sorry if SOWORE felt mistreated and that he is welcomed to come back fellowship with the Church. The GO should have assured the public that he would look into SR 's complaints and make changes to the security department to be proactive rather than reactionary.

The character assassination of Mr. Sowore by MFM and its supporters troubled me the most especially in the face of video evidence.
And many of MFM supporters did a shoddy job in defense of MFM. I had one of your church members on this thread say that MFM would continue to chain, torture, flog and detain those he called witches and wizards. He implied that Sowore is a wizard that needed to be tortured. and further accused Sowore of providing information to Boko Haram . When I asked him to show me the chapter and verse in the Bible where it was shown that Christ did that he came back and denied ever saying that MFM tortured people. How can a reasonable person hold a rational discussion with somebody that engages in blatant lies?

So my problem is simply the way MFM handled the situation . It went below the standard I expected from a house of God. MFM needs to understand the damages that are mostly self inflicted could have been prevented and may be should learn a lesson from this debacle. Always take the moral high road because that is how Christ would have wanted it!
Could you please put a link of the torture to prove your point because i see no torture in the video i watched because i can see a few people have requested to see the torture video you keep refering to and i have seen none from you. All i saw in the video available here is a man being ushered out of the auditorium peacefully. So where is the torture u keep screaming?
Please mfm members should be objective in the defence of their security personnel.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Mourns Victims Of Uyo Church Building Collapse / Abuja Blast Victims Recount Ordeal / Nigerian Troops Repel Fresh Boko Haram Attack In Adamawa- Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 226
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.