Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,598 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work (10690 Views)

10 Sexist Scenarios That Women Face At Work / Bank Workers And Securitymen Embarrasing Customers With Begging / Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by yuzedo: 1:37pm On Jan 14, 2013
timpaker: The day i was asked to represent my organization in a Chess game in Nairobi (after they saw in my Cv that i love playing chess for a hobby), That day i decided to fall ill just to miss my flight, when i came to report my illness to the office.

I saw a chessboard on my table - then my boss said i should warm up with one dude (from the Canadian Embassy). i come dey shake like persin wey wan have s3x the first time... I swear i don't even know which one is queen, knight, king or dia daughter. I just love the game....what happen next is a story for another day.
F(u)ck my life!!!! THIS TAKES THE CAKE!!!! Abeg come back finish am! LMBDOOOOOOO!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by riket(f): 1:40pm On Jan 14, 2013
Few months ago,I had a male patient whom spite the urinal I gave to him overnight soaked the whole bedsheets.the next morning while giving reports to the nurse taking over from me @ the nursing station with other nurses in sight,I told them about wet bed and my thot that the man might be incontinent.
Unfortunately,one loud mouthed akata girl just starting cracking up loudly and saying
You gotta be a virgin cos u aint know dude gat no penis.I was like omg wtf
Honestly,the whole place erupted in laughter and I felt so embarrassed that it took lot of gut to walk off the hovering eyes even though I am a proud of my status quo.
Funny enough,the lady lost her job few weeks after lol. Don't ask me how

3 Likes

Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 14, 2013
timpaker: The day i was asked to represent my organization in a Chess game in Nairobi (after they saw in my Cv that i love playing chess for a hobby), That day i decided to fall ill just to miss my flight, when i came to report my illness to the office.

I saw a chessboard on my table - then my boss said i should warm up with one dude (from the Canadian Embassy). i come dey shake like persin wey wan have s3x the first time... I swear i don't even know which one is queen, knight, king or dia daughter. I just love the game....what happen next is a story for another day.
Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by Trecixnine(m): 1:50pm On Jan 14, 2013
That was a tough one.
Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 14, 2013
timpaker: ... I swear i don't even know which one is queen, knight, king or dia daughter. I just love the game.....
grin
cheesy
Which one be dia daughter?! cheesy
Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jan 14, 2013
I was trying to do circumcision for a baby in a private hospital where I was working some years ago , suddenly the baby blasted my face and ward-coat with horrible poo !
It was so disgusting and annoying though I had to finish up the circumcision.

1 Like

Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by harlos: 2:39pm On Jan 14, 2013
miss-sweety86:
This is so funny! I don't have many stories to share because nothing really embarrassing ever happened to me at the office! Except maybe last Friday, 3 people from the executive committee came for a meeting in the office. They went for a meeting in the office next door with 2 other members who work with me. 5 minutes later they asked me to come and take a picture of them! First thing I didn't press enough hard on the button, so I felt like they were thinking I was so dumb for not being able to use a camera! Second, my hands started to shake as I was holding the camera (I've always had shaking hands since I was a kid, don't know why), and I was asked by the Vice-President why I was shaking! Had to come up with a reason in 2 sec :-S
you dey have shaking hands simply because ur hand too dey tey for inside the thing... grin

1 Like

Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by Digriz(m): 3:05pm On Jan 14, 2013
Vikin:

That's his lunch you are talking about, just that he couldn't wait for it to get to lunch time.

And what's wrong with taking EBa and soup for lunch?

dnt mind them bcus he didnt mention egg and spaghetti.
Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by JoannaSedley(f): 3:46pm On Jan 14, 2013
Got my own share of embarrassment. The first day i saw a baby being born, it was hellish. I was asked to conduct the delivery to gain experience, feeling on top of the world while my fellow students looked on . I was so estatic and i make sure that everything is well arranged and the woman monitored. When the time reached for the woman to push, i told her to do so and she did. I keep on monitoring until i saw some blackish round something expanding the v.a.ginal opening gradually and i was like oh my God, oh my GOD......no nonononono drawing away from the woman and collapsed on the floor.
When i regain conciousness the woman is already in the ward with her baby resting. I couldn't face the embarrasment so i told them that i think i had a heart attack in there.

4 Likes

Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by bigtt76(f): 3:46pm On Jan 14, 2013
You be Number 12!

harlos: Laugh is killing me seriouslygringringrin

abeg number wetin i be
Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by bigtt76(f): 3:48pm On Jan 14, 2013
grin grin grin grin ROTLMAO ....anyway you be 1st to comment! Keep it up!

riket: Few months ago,I had a male patient whom spite the urinal I gave to him overnight soaked the whole bedsheets.the next morning while giving reports to the nurse taking over from me @ the nursing station with other nurses in sight,I told them about wet bed and my thot that the man might be incontinent.
Unfortunately,one loud mouthed akata girl just starting cracking up loudly and saying
You gotta be a virgin cos u aint know dude gat no penis.I was like omg wtf
Honestly,the whole place erupted in laughter and I felt so embarrassed that it took lot of gut to walk off the hovering eyes even though I am a proud of my status quo.
Funny enough,the lady lost her job few weeks after lol. Don't ask me how

Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by sucess001(m): 3:53pm On Jan 14, 2013
Hmmm....you just made me remember this awful day...

I had been called in for a meeting with our foreign clients.

By the way, i am a lawyer and had been working for a Behind and quiet lawfirm in Banana Island. we were having the meeting with three foreigners and my head of chamber. Needless to say the meeting room was really quiet and serene.

Being the special lawyer in the firm with perfect communication skills and intelligence, my boss allowed me do most of the talking. Everything went well till we finished the meeting and i was about to stand up. Still dunno wat happened till today. Apparently, my movement had pushed the media player button on my phone. The consequence was that the quietness of the meeting room was pierced with the shrill and extremely loud moans of my favourite American p.ornstar...cherokee.

To make it worse...my attempts to switch of the blo.oody blackberry was slowed by the fone choosing that particular moment to hang. the noise by this time had attracted the receptionist since the door was now partially open. Took me another 25 seconds to put off the phone. Everyone was quiet. the oyinbos just quietly left. i dont need to describe how i felt.

My former boss later quietly killed the matter buh warned me a repeat will easily cost me my job. Guess dt episode quickened my change of jobs. Since then ehn! I dare not take a fone with p.orn to work!

1 Like

Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by Chinwem(f): 4:49pm On Jan 14, 2013
This thread is sooooooo funny.
Me thinks there's nothing wrong with garri and eba but maybe you should ve stood up to go eat in the pantry if your office has one.

@ timpaker.............you re just hilarious

@ passion007................ What a nasty experience for your first day on the job. Why are 'some' nurses just the meanest bit.ches ever? And why can't they show some respect to the patient even in death. Still remember my first days some years ago, luckily it was with very supportive people.

sucess001:
By the way, i am a lawyer and had been working for a Behind and quiet lawfirm in Banana Islandwe were having the meeting with three foreigners and my head of chamber.

Being the special lawyer in the firm with perfect communication skills and intelligence
my boss allowed me do most of the talking.
lipsrsealed
Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by cigaricon(m): 5:44pm On Jan 14, 2013
Hmmm I don laf sotey I choke

Mine was on a fateful mornin, I had taken tea and five cooked eggs for breakfast that morning cos I was just lazy to make my usual pancakes.

I love trekking so on my way bouncing as usual as a young entrepreneur that I was, I was just releasing farts. On getting to my boutique I got every thing set for the day's business. So I went inside and switched on my TV and released a killer fart that I almost choked so I increased the standing fan's velocity. Hardly had the previous fart settled down that I released another killer fart with hope that the fan would take care of every thing but unfortunately PHCN performed their miracle.
I was about to go start my tiger generator when dis chick just walked up my shop and opened the glass door. Damn I was lyk WTH, she came in and asked if I got leather jacket and before she finished asking her face changed, mehn I wan die dat day. I brought 3 diferent leather jacket, she ddnt even touch it to feel the quality she just said "that's not the type am looking for" and dashed out mehn I felt so embarassed, I just said to myself "sam see as u don use mess pursue customer". Kai I ddnt enjoy business that day.

9 Likes

Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by cigaricon(m): 5:46pm On Jan 14, 2013
Hmmm I don laf sotey I choke

Mine was on a fateful mornin, I had taken tea and five cooked eggs for breakfast that morning cos I was just lazy to make my usual pancakes.

I love trekking so on my way bouncing as usual as a young entrepreneur that I was, I was just releasing farts. On getting to my boutique I got every thing set for the day's business. So I went inside and switched on my TV and released a killer fart that I almost choked so I increased the standing fan's velocity. Hardly had the previous fart settled down that I released another killer fart with hope that the fan would take care of every thing but unfortunately PHCN performed their miracle.
I was about to go start my tiger generator when dis chick just walked up my shop and opened the glass door. Damn I was lyk WTH, she came in and asked if I got leather jacket and before she finished asking her face changed, mehn I wan die dat day. I brought 3 diferent leather jacket, she ddnt even touch it to feel the quality she just said "that's not the type am looking for" and dashed out mehn I felt so embarassed, I just said to myself "sam see as u don use mess pursue customer". Kai I ddnt enjoy business that day.

1 Like

Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by Booty4me: 6:02pm On Jan 14, 2013
cigar icon: Hmmm I don laf sotey I choke

lol
Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by Omoteeh: 6:34pm On Jan 14, 2013
I remember the day i regretted using whatsapp on my phone. Being the only black african in my office, i usually put up this miss prim and proper persona. Anyway, one day i was telling my white boss (a fine man by the way) about a musical i attended over the weekend and decided to show him the pictures on my phone. As he scrolled enjoying the nice photos, a picture sent to me by my white sidekick of his excited member..appeared on the screen. I nearly died on the spot of embarrassment. Needless to say,i noticed my boss has been a lot more relaxed around me. But all my forming ended that day sha... grin

1 Like

Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by joerux60: 6:36pm On Jan 14, 2013
this happened to a workmate when i was working as a
lecturer at a college with a capacity of 6000 day students.
the senior journalism lecturer had bonked a lovepeddler
and did not pay her.

somehow she managed to trace him,and came for him, during
the last lecture before lunch. she started embarassing him
in his department, and the only way for him to avoid further
insults, was to get out of there. his department was the furthest
(approximately 300m) from the entrance to the college and he
didn't have a car.

so he had to walk that distance, inbetween 3 storey lecture blocks,
with the girl closely behind him, spitting fire:
'old man, you think you get it for nothing, thats not gonna happen'
all students forgot about their lectures and scrumbled for the
windows to see who it was.
Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by uracefriend(m): 8:17pm On Jan 14, 2013
u guys have burnt my food o..cos of all this funny experiences. its all good though lolzzz
Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 14, 2013
I had been called over to see a patient with 4 students watching
The patient was about 22-25 years old,this was some years ago.
I came in,introduced myself,proceeded to explain to him what needed to be done agreeing to the plan by the students ,then I added the line "you can handle it,you are a big boy"

As soon as I walked back into my office,one of the students followed immediately and said Dr Nwando,that patient is a female not male
Come and see American wonder!!!!
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

My jaw dropped
The patient was a lesbian living as a male.she had bandaged her breasts down to flatness and had a male hair cut and wore male clothes.
I was so embarrassed and didn't know if I should apologize or what
I knew she probably liked the fact that she could pass as a man

From then on,I never fail to look at the name on the record and gender before speaking.

1 Like

Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by kcclink: 9:21pm On Jan 14, 2013
mehn mine, i was cought cruzing on our house help. omo i nearly commit sucide dat day. hahaha. pls dont tell my dad cus he's gonna skin me alive.
Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 14, 2013
Another embarrassing situation also involved a patient of mine,a male homosexual.
He wanted to be called by a female name he gave us,the staff and I had no problem calling him by his preferred name
Then one day at a train station I heard someone yelling my name from behind in a packed subway station
I had my two young kids with me,when I turned around here was my male patient all dressed in female clothing complete with belly button showing and high heels shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked switching his hips from side to side and coming towards me
I wanted to pass out at that train station

The next time I saw him at work,he apologized profusely for any embarrassment he may have caused me
I actually grew fond of this gentleman.Very warm hearted.
This was many years ago
Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by komek(m): 9:49pm On Jan 14, 2013
ItsModella: Jeez, who takes eba and soup with them to the office? Na dat kain food you suppose leave for your house...
What's she blabbling about?

1 Like

Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by symbianDON(m): 9:57pm On Jan 14, 2013
boy!!! My own funny die. It occurred while i was serving as a youth corper in a federal polytechnic. I was in class one day teaching a course with population of about 200 students. While i made to write on the board with my hand raised, my belt suddenly cut and it happened i was wearing a pair of trousers that was very loose at the waist and i had my shirt tucked in. Just picture the scenario as my trousers started to drop from my waist!!!!! Chaiiii!!!! I was so horrified! I opened my mouth to scream but no sound came out. Till today i can't explain how i didn't collapse!! Embarrassing is the least word that could describe how i felt!!!

1 Like

Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by symbianDON(m): 9:58pm On Jan 14, 2013
grin grin grin grin on another occasion i had sat on a seat on the staff bus for full 5mins before i realized the seat was wet. Unknown to me, a very fo.o.lish drunkard on the bus had wet it with urine and quietly relocated to another seat!! My pair of trousers were soaked and you how wet.ness shows very easily on brown chinos. Thank people on the bus quickly grasped what had happened. Yet i was so thoroughly embarrassed as i had to take a cab back home to change. Just imagine that.
Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 14, 2013
have you ever come across a farting BOSS cheesy cheesy? i hope u never come across one. mine was the day i and my fellow corper was invited to our first meeting with the CEO the boss. as he was talking, he released a loud, smelly fart, i did not believe what my ears just heard, i looked at my co-corper, he returned the gaze smiling, the guy turned his face aside still smiling then both of us knew and agreed it was oga! i could no longer manage to hide the laughter, as if he knew what we were thinking, he released another confirmed fart loud enough for people outside the hall to start asking questions and to prove beyond all reasonable doubt that he was the one releasing them,oh my gosh we almost passed out, i had to use both hands to cover my mouth to physically restrain myself from bursting into uncontrollable laughter cheesy cheesy. when we finished the meeting and left his presence to our various quaters-corpers lodge, come see laughter, we laughed to extent that we woke up still laughing the next day! ever since that time till our passing out parade, he continued to release farts that were always on TARGET!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 14, 2013
uracefriend: u guys have burnt my food o..cos of all this funny experiences. its all good though lolzzz

If you're a female, best don't let your boyfriend bludgeon you to pulp. Else, it could be your most embarrassing moment but at home grin

1 Like

Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by sarutobi: 10:28pm On Jan 14, 2013
This happened recently. My boss asked me to prepare a job brief and i asked him what was going to be inside? grin
The guy just left the office wondering how he managed to employ me in the first place grin

2 Likes

Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by sKeetz(m): 10:30pm On Jan 14, 2013
Keep it cumming hommies, its fun reading this crazy xperiences grin, Not yet working, so I got no tale to tell
Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by jpphilips(m): 10:48pm On Jan 14, 2013
who amongst you have conducted a presentation that lasted 2hrs with pant zippers open,
all i could remember was that my eyes was not meeting anyone's cos everybody was looking down, auditorium packed with plenty bebs and guys, chei........

1 Like

Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by jpphilips(m): 10:54pm On Jan 14, 2013
sucess001: Hmmm....you just made me remember this awful day...

I had been called in for a meeting with our foreign clients.

By the way, i am a lawyer and had been working for a Behind and quiet lawfirm in Banana Island. we were having the meeting with three foreigners and my head of chamber. Needless to say the meeting room was really quiet and serene.

Being the special lawyer in the firm with perfect communication skills and intelligence, my boss allowed me do most of the talking. Everything went well till we finished the meeting and i was about to stand up. Still dunno wat happened till today. Apparently, my movement had pushed the media player button on my phone. The consequence was that the quietness of the meeting room was pierced with the shrill and extremely loud moans of my favourite American p.ornstar...cherokee.

To make it worse...my attempts to switch of the blo.oody blackberry was slowed by the fone choosing that particular moment to hang. the noise by this time had attracted the receptionist since the door was now partially open. Took me another 25 seconds to put off the phone. Everyone was quiet. the oyinbos just quietly left. i dont need to describe how i felt.

My former boss later quietly killed the matter buh warned me a repeat will easily cost me my job. Guess dt episode quickened my change of jobs. Since then ehn! I dare not take a fone with p.orn to work!

just smile and say its your new ringtone.
Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by SpicyMimi(f): 11:15pm On Jan 14, 2013

grin grin grin grin laughter wan kee person oooo!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reasons Why Employers Do Not Promote Their Employees / Nigeria Army Salary Scale / Is Blogging Really Lucrative?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.