Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

Is Blogging Really Lucrative? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is Blogging Really Lucrative? (10632 Views)

Japa: Top 5 Lucrative Side Hustles For Nigerians To Survive In UK, Canada / IS BLOGGING REALLY WORTH THE HYPE OR NOT, BEFORE I VENTURE INTO IT / 3 Underrated But Lucrative Skills That Will Make You Rich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by macanthony25(m): 1:47pm On Jan 23
Good afternoon NL

Please I need your sincere and honest inputs in regards to blogging

Do people actually make easy money on blogging?

Is it something you can advise me to go for?

And what are the challenges faced on blogging?

What are the basic tools needed to hit the ground running?

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by ambale(m): 10:02pm On Jan 23
I'm also planning to go into blogging fully this year, the thing is there's nothing like easy money anywhere

But with the right knowledge, one can always scale through

If you don't mind we could partner and are how things goes

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by IamDora(f): 12:41pm On Jan 24
Yes! As a Nigerian Blogger, Note this;

You should never have a business posting good and relevant news. Always make sure you're good and consistent at posting bad news or evil gossips about Celebrities, you'll thrive so much in it because that's what Nigerians Love to hear.

Good news don't excite them. Good luck

93 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by edlion57(m): 12:41pm On Jan 24
Anything u do with passion is lucrative

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by Benki003(m): 12:41pm On Jan 24
Nothing is easy in life just do what you love doing 😘❤️

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by Lanre1st(m): 12:41pm On Jan 24
Profitability of business is not solely on business you do, but how you handle it, brand and package it. Right knowledge, correct information is very important for success of a business.

But i think it time consuming plus you must be online always, with carrying untruth rumours just to get traffic.

I wish you best of luck

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by AlexBells(m): 12:41pm On Jan 24
Yes blogging is lucrative. If you are aiming for earning through organic traffic, you can give it two years but if you have money to invest in the blogging you can start earning within a month in a fifty fifty sequence where you risk account ban.

The basic things you need to start your blogging is a domain name and hosting plan. There other tools but once you get your domain and hosting some basic blogging tools are free. Also you need to understand content creation especially text content. If you are already a writer it is a plus.

Blogging is profitable though it requires time and deductions. Good luck. I can answer your question on blogging.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by money121(m): 12:41pm On Jan 24
Yes

2 Likes

Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by lomprico(m): 12:41pm On Jan 24
macanthony25:
Good afternoon NL

Thanks

Ask Linda ikeji

2 Likes

Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by Nazgul: 12:41pm On Jan 24
Blogging is like POS business. It was highly lucrative it it's early stages, but as time went on, it became over saturated. Today you'll find 20-30 POS operators on one street. Surely such business can't be profitable cos they'll have to struggle to share the little customers that comes their way.

Same with blogging. Years back Linda Ikeji made millions from it. But today it's been oversaturated. Hungry bloggers with fake click bait stories have made people dislike anything blogging. So if you go into it, there's a very high possibility that you'll have very little traffic on your blog. Thus leaving you hungry and malnourished.

61 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by money121(m): 12:42pm On Jan 24
macanthony25:
Good afternoon NL

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by HisSexcellency(m): 12:42pm On Jan 24
Don't bother going into blogging if you don't have the passion for it, money shouldn't be your driving force. You will get tired, frustrated and then quit when money doesn't seem to be coming.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by ATEAMS: 12:42pm On Jan 24
Yes in the long run

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by tetralogyfallot(m): 12:42pm On Jan 24
Every business is lucrative if u follow the right method and give it due time. If u take blogging as a hobby and not for financial gains it will pay u very well, but if u start today and just want to start cashing out immediately omo na long tin o

4 Likes

Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by BigDawsNet: 12:42pm On Jan 24
No doubt
Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by verybadmouth(m): 12:42pm On Jan 24
Yes when you know how to lie and deceive people

1 Like

Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by saasala(m): 12:42pm On Jan 24
On the topic, I consider myself an authority. I have been into blogging and I have trained bloggers in the past.

Here is the thing.

There are different types of Blogging.

1. Linda Ikeji's kind of blogging where you have a website where people can type your url on their browser.

You see this one, its not profitable again. Don't waste your time. Your almighty Linda Ikeji and Stella and Olorisupagirl and all of them are losing traffic by the day. The only saving grace they have is the small traffic that comes through Google Search. If you are thinking of having your own website or blogger to start a blogging business, you are in for a long thing. Its not worth your time and effort. People don't visit blogs again.

2. Tunde Ednut kind of blogging where you use social media to post different things that comes to your mind.

Social media is the real thing now. If you know your way around it, you can be the next gistlover or Tunde Ednut. People wont type your url on their web browser but they will like to follow your Instagram and Facebook pages if you have something interesting and stupid to offer. Yes, something stupid because most social media bloggers post stupid stuffs before they can blow. People don't like things that make sense.

And if you want to go through this route, you must be really dedicated because the number of social media bloggers out there is mind boggling. Hundreds of new pages are created everyday with the aim to be like Gistlover or Tunde. The competition out there will kill you. But this one seems like a better route for you.

But if you are my brother and you ask me for advise, I will just tell you to go and do something else with your life.

52 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by Marvieduke(f): 12:43pm On Jan 24
Yeah it is, that is if you know your way....
Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by vickthourh(m): 12:43pm On Jan 24
It is
Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by lavylilly: 12:43pm On Jan 24
Blogging is still very lucrative when you know how to blog for money.

You need to think of your blog/website as a brand which means you should spare no cost when it comes to building your brand.

From my experience, here are some of the ways to start monetizing your blog.

Side note: All these will work when you start getting viewers.

Ways of getting views
1. Research and create content that solves people's immediate need (such as tutorials, reviews etc)
2. As much as possible avoid copy and paste (make your content unique)
3. Share your post across various social media platforms
4. Optimize your content for Search engine

Ways of making money
1. Accept Paid guest post or sponsored post
2. Affiliate marketing (promote other people's product)
3. Create your own product or ebook.
4. You are clearly an expert in one Field... Promote that service on your site
5. Google adsense

Hope this helps!!!

Feel free to reach out via the email address on my signature if you need further guidance or a web developer to setup your blog.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by Moneyboyz: 12:43pm On Jan 24
No it's not.

Your best bet is build your base on twitter or tiltok.

1 Like

Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by besayag: 12:43pm On Jan 24
Yes, just click ads on ur website

Get a good niche, post d links on social media amass lots of followers n b getting atleast 4 to 5k views daily

I can get u started with an affordable website site for just 35k with domain name connected to google blog n add advert to it (not adsense)
Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by Keme4Real(f): 12:43pm On Jan 24
Some are lucrative some are not. Depends on your niche.

Forget about news blogging. Better to go for tech review sites which you can monetize with affiliate links. Review expensive devices. Write very long reviews AI can be used to generate articles.

If you want to learn you can search for beginners tutorials on YouTube or search Google for this name Aweriale Eromosele. The guy has some free courses on online income. Very good courses and free too. You will learn a lot.

That's how I learnt and now I have had a review blog for about two years now where I review expensive products from Amazon. Gives me 200 to 400 dollars every month. And I am not even an expert and I only post few times a month.

But whatever you do, don't go into news or gossip or jobs/employment blogging because it is saturated and you won't make anything.

5 Likes

Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by RichDad1(m): 12:44pm On Jan 24
Used to. But it’s so saturated now that you can barely make a living off it.

5 Likes

Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by SAMBARRY: 12:44pm On Jan 24
grin

Yea it is if you have a thick skin for insults and constant online dragging.ask Solomon Buchi, Linda Ikeji wetin their eyes dey see for daily insults and trolling

1 Like

Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by lanre4411(m): 12:45pm On Jan 24
[quote author=money121 post=128101922][/quote] ask Tunde ednut the blogger claiming to be an entertainer. Tunde who are you entertaining?
Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by GGIA: 12:45pm On Jan 24
Yes and No
Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by kay29000(m): 12:46pm On Jan 24
I want to hear the answers... But I feel it is not as lucrative as it was 10 years ago. Linda Ikeji cashed out big time before Instagram blogs like Instablog9ja took over.

2 Likes

Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by ednut1(m): 12:47pm On Jan 24
Years ago, Linda Ikeji posted the cars she bought from blogging. Suddenly everyone became a blogger on Nairaland alone we had many of them hustling for FP. They have all closed shop. Blogging is hard work and many rely on copy and paste. These days it’s better to try your luck with YouTube, TikTok or instagram. No guarantees person go hammer self

7 Likes

Re: Is Blogging Really Lucrative? by AlexBells(m): 12:48pm On Jan 24
Sochimmar:
It depends on your creativity and the nitch you cover too
Yes creativity and niche is also important in blogging.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Dos And Don’ts Of Business Email Etiquette / Computer Forensics In Nigeria - Is It Recognized? / Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.