Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,443 members, 7,846,831 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 02:38 AM

Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work (10701 Views)

10 Sexist Scenarios That Women Face At Work / Bank Workers And Securitymen Embarrasing Customers With Begging / Is There Something Inconsequential That People Do At Work That Irritates You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by drnoel: 11:20pm On Jan 14, 2013
The day i worked all day starting from 6am, missed my lunch break and was so tired by 3pm but still had a mountain of stuffs to conclude. Was pressed by nature calls so i decided to use the toilet before i pick up a quick sandwich and coffee from the food vending machine. Just walking out of the toilet, I noticed people particularly ladies took interest in something as a walked by but i was too preoccupied that i didnt notice what it was. Some blushed and looked away, others smirked with disgust, some others looked on happily. It was when i crossed my direct boss who was accompanied by some externals that he coughed and i looked on and he coughed even louder. I asked her then what the problem was and she said to me"button ur fly" I was so embarrassed that i felt like fainting.
Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by SpicyMimi(f): 11:22pm On Jan 14, 2013
yuzedo: 1. My boss was grilling me in accounting.. He asked me some questions and i was struggling.. He asked some more and the intense fear and tension didn't allow my brain boot. Funny thing being he had just asked me those same questions two minutes ago and i answered them.. You think shame caught me? My boss was so ashamed he couldn't look at me! grin embarassed I was sooooo embarrassed eh? He couldn't meet my frustrated gaze out of disappointment say which kain eeeediot i go hire abeg?! In my mind, all i was thinking was "these jealous people from my village wey no wan make i great for life don succeed oooooo!" grin

2. Same boss and i were chatting work-related business on BBM while i was simultaneously toasting a babe that was going to gimme punny on another chat. Next thing, i mistakenly sent a cheeky line to my male boss instead of the girl... My boss was like shocked then undecided then angry ... Chai! Omo i scatter laugh o! Say see as toto wan make me lose my job, dey toast man! Chineke?! embarassed
grin grin grin lmafaooooooo! Somebody help!!! These guys wana kee me!
Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by Sammyfemy: 11:52pm On Jan 14, 2013
That was during my nysc at Police Girls Grammer School, Shanono, kano. I was sitting at the reception office, the commandant(principal) of the school came in from her office passing. I greated her politely while sitting down, she screamed and insulted the hell out of me that I'm disrespectful, that I could greet her. She calculated when she served, every several staff rushed in to see if some one slapped madam and she was reacting. I was OMG, what have I done. See this yoruba woman she want make i prostrate greet her?
Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by Sanmexy(m): 12:36am On Jan 15, 2013
cigar icon: Hmmm I don laf sotey I choke

Mine was on a fateful mornin, I had taken tea and five cooked eggs for breakfast that morning cos I was just lazy to make my usual pancakes.

I love trekking so on my way bouncing as usual as a young entrepreneur that I was, I was just releasing farts. On getting to my boutique I got every thing set for the day's business. So I went inside and switched on my TV and released a killer fart that I almost choked so I increased the standing fan's velocity. Hardly had the previous fart settled down that I released another killer fart with hope that the fan would take care of every thing but unfortunately PHCN performed their miracle.
I was about to go start my tiger generator when dis chick just walked up my shop and opened the glass door. Damn I was lyk WTH, she came in and asked if I got leather jacket and before she finished asking her face changed, mehn I wan die dat day. I brought 3 diferent leather jacket, she ddnt even touch it to feel the quality she just said "that's not the type am looking for" and dashed out mehn I felt so embarassed, I just said to myself "sam see as u don use mess pursue customer". Kai I ddnt enjoy business that day.

lol. E don teh weh u don dey do am, God con catch u dat day.
Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by biolabee(m): 3:18am On Jan 15, 2013
symbianDON: grin grin grin grin on another occasion i had sat on a seat on the staff bus for full 5mins before i realized the seat was wet. Unknown to me, a very fo.o.lish drunkard on the bus had wet it with urine and quietly relocated to another seat!! My pair of trousers were soaked and you how wet.ness shows very easily on brown chinos. Thank people on the bus quickly grasped what had happened. Yet i was so thoroughly embarrassed as i had to take a cab back home to change. Just imagine that.

evil drunk LOLZ
Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by Nobody: 6:10am On Jan 15, 2013
Durimg my housemanship, i was assisting a surgeon on heniorraphy which happens to be my first time, so i was feeling on top of the damn world. The surgery was moving on smoothly until we reached the location of the hernia and the surgeon asked me a question concerning a particular nerve she was pointing at,i feigned ignorance of which particular one and told her sorry doctor i don't remember and it so happened that one of the theatre nurses handling the instrument was there watching.
Immediately i said that i do not remember she glanced at the nerve and said " illioinguinal" and i remembered. The surgeon was saying "i asked you to assist because i thought you're a doctor, so are you a doctor?" there are many students both medical and nursing students inside the theatre that i begged to faint but nature wouldn't obliged me. So damn humiliating.
I used to think that we are the centre that nobody know what we knew but since that day, i mellowed down and learnt more, so fulfilling.
Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by jam04(m): 7:29am On Jan 15, 2013
sucess001: Hmmm....you just made me remember this awful day...

I had been called in for a meeting with our foreign clients.

By the way, i am a lawyer and had been working for a Behind and quiet lawfirm in Banana Island. we were having the meeting with three foreigners and my head of chamber. Needless to say the meeting room was really quiet and serene.

Being the special lawyer in the firm with perfect communication skills and intelligence, my boss allowed me do most of the talking. Everything went well till we finished the meeting and i was about to stand up. Still dunno wat happened till today. Apparently, my movement had pushed the media player button on my phone. The consequence was that the quietness of the meeting room was pierced with the shrill and extremely loud moans of my favourite American p.ornstar...cherokee.

To make it worse...my attempts to switch of the blo.oody blackberry was slowed by the fone choosing that particular moment to hang. the noise by this time had attracted the receptionist since the door was now partially open. Took me another 25 seconds to put off the phone. Everyone was quiet. the oyinbos just quietly left. i dont need to describe how i felt.

My former boss later quietly killed the matter buh warned me a repeat will easily cost me my job. Guess dt episode quickened my change of jobs. Since then ehn! I dare not take a fone with p.orn to work!

Hahahahaaahahahahaha..lmao
Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by jam04(m): 7:36am On Jan 15, 2013
cigar icon: Hmmm I don laf sotey I choke

Mine was on a fateful mornin, I had taken tea and five cooked eggs for breakfast that morning cos I was just lazy to make my usual pancakes.

I love trekking so on my way bouncing as usual as a young entrepreneur that I was, I was just releasing farts. On getting to my boutique I got every thing set for the day's business. So I went inside and switched on my TV and released a killer fart that I almost choked so I increased the standing fan's velocity. Hardly had the previous fart settled down that I released another killer fart with hope that the fan would take care of every thing but unfortunately PHCN performed their miracle.
I was about to go start my tiger generator when dis chick just walked up my shop and opened the glass door. Damn I was lyk WTH, she came in and asked if I got leather jacket and before she finished asking her face changed, mehn I wan die dat day. I brought 3 diferent leather jacket, she ddnt even touch it to feel the quality she just said "that's not the type am looking for" and dashed out mehn I felt so embarassed, I just said to myself "sam see as u don use mess pursue customer". Kai I ddnt enjoy business that day.

This is epic..LWTMB..laughed so hard my wife asked me if all is well..lol...o boy ur fart fit cause bank to liquidate
Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by kennybelle: 8:16am On Jan 15, 2013
][color=#006600:
I laughed out loud when I was drinking water, then I was choked, I coughed so badly and then the water came out from my nose.That happened when I was at the meeting in my company.[/color]
grin[quote author]I laughed out loud when I was drinking water, then I was choked, I coughed so badly and then the water came out from my nose.That happened when I was at the meeting in my company.[/quote] i dey laf
Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by drnoel: 3:40pm On Jan 17, 2013
Dr young: Durimg my housemanship, i was assisting a surgeon on heniorraphy which happens to be my first time, so i was feeling on top of the damn world. The surgery was moving on smoothly until we reached the location of the hernia and the surgeon asked me a question concerning a particular nerve she was pointing at,i feigned ignorance of which particular one and told her sorry doctor i don't remember and it so happened that one of the theatre nurses handling the instrument was there watching.
Immediately i said that i do not remember she glanced at the nerve and said " illioinguinal" and i remembered. The surgeon was saying "i asked you to assist because i thought you're a doctor, so are you a doctor?" there are many students both medical and nursing students inside the theatre that i begged to faint but nature wouldn't obliged me. So damn humiliating.
I used to think that we are the centre that nobody know what we knew but since that day, i mellowed down and learnt more, so fulfilling.
Lol we all crossed that road and I have done it back to many of my underlings. grin It is a viscious circle cos I know they would do it to theirs.
Re: Your Most Embarrasing Moment At Work by dondada1(m): 10:46am On Jan 18, 2013
Working alone in the office one faithful Saturday morning,
I decided okay since I dint take my pills the previous night let me take it and relax a little..
So I took the pills and blanked out on my laptop,snoring and sleeping.........after like 40 min of incredible sleep
the Group CEO of the company walks in and tapped me...Mr MAN IS THIS THE WORK YOU ARE DOING.....
OH HEAVENLY FATHER...So out of all Saturdays this Man decides to come to the office today
I felt like the ground should just open and swallow me........Will never forget this in my whole life

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Salary Structure Of NAHCON / How Much Are You Making As A Copywriter? / Reasons Why Employers Do Not Promote Their Employees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.