Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,974 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? (8939 Views)

Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage!!! / Sex Before Or After Marriage Which One Is Better / Trust Vs Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by ghettodreamz(m): 4:51pm On Jan 14, 2013
Finally, Papa & Mama don help the OP arrange one 16 year old girl for village. 4 marriage.......Abeg make una no pour sand- sand for hin garri ooooo gringringringringringringringringrin

1 Like

Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by tomsniel(m): 4:51pm On Jan 14, 2013
Arranged marriage...HELL N0 !
Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by Yvete(f): 4:52pm On Jan 14, 2013
ambrosini593: Which one do you prefer?

Why would anyone prefer a union that someone else arranges? We would prefer first meetings by ourselves and directly. Well, I think its okay when close friends/family recommend someone they think is compatible with you, but not 'force' you to marry that person. Some working professionals struggle with finding significant others because of work schedules, time, etc. That's another reason for the growing success of dating sites. Depends on the extent of arrangement done.

Works for some people though. Can't judge!

6 Likes

Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:52pm On Jan 14, 2013
Arrange marriage, but I ll choose the family. Love don die tey tey.
gree-die:

if my parents arrange for me to marry tuface, it wont be an arranged marriage, i love d guy die grin grin
u loved his money. Don't 4get he now belong to another woman legally & diff women in his heart.

1 Like

Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by mimifonwon(f): 4:53pm On Jan 14, 2013
Freiburger:
Or Afghanistan?

stop being ignorant, if you dont know arranged marriage still happens all over nigeria, so whether its afghanistan or nigeria, it happens... such myopic ewus... infact more arrange marriages last longer than love marriages if ya dont know.

3 Likes

Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by Truckpusher(m): 4:53pm On Jan 14, 2013
Freiburger:
So that madness still exist in this world.
It works better for some people and culture that way because of the people involved in arranging it.Both parties will respect themselves grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by Freiburger(m): 4:54pm On Jan 14, 2013
mimifonwon:

stop being ignorant, if you dont know arranged marriage still happens all over nigeria, so whether its afghanistan or nigeria, it happens... such myopic ewus... infact more arrange marriages last longer than love marriages if ya dont know.
Good for you. cheesy
Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by Siga: 4:54pm On Jan 14, 2013
mimifonwon:

friendship marriage is the middle ground between arranged and love marriage.. smiley
...that one na friends with benefits now...benefit na marriage...na arrangee too now
Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 14, 2013
991: for me KNS (Kanu Nwankwo Style) It worked for me like miracle. call it arranged if you want but am happily married and blessed with 2kids and na now our love dey shine like star, from my yankee experience, love-marriages crash when love fades, thus the high rate of divorce. anyway, things happen to people differently sha.

I commend your Boldness in this topic. even love starts with arrangements, when i returned from abroad, it was difficult for me to find love here but instead of taking the risk out there in the treets, my cousin just brought her school friends come make i choose, my eyes caught one and i chose her, from there love started. we got married this december. everything is arrangement my brother. otherwise you go enter one chance.

6 Likes

Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by Imstin: 5:03pm On Jan 14, 2013
Arrainged marriage is outdated cos na dat wan fit easily lead to divorce. As for me if u arrainge marriage for me I gou burst ya head grin
Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by inspirenet: 5:03pm On Jan 14, 2013
Arranged of course

wink

2 Likes

Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 14, 2013
Arraigned Murder -- Whateva happened to Freedom cheesy
Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by Chongaiman: 5:12pm On Jan 14, 2013
Even dem oyinbo sef dey do am. The difference is in the packaging. We call it arrangee. They call it blind dating or matchmaking.
Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by ozodigboo(m): 5:16pm On Jan 14, 2013
Arranged marriage lasts longer.

Arranged marriage does not always mean u were forced to marry a stranger.

It also means ur family recommended a good girl to u.

Most of us guys, if we were left to choose a wife - its her swags, her figure 8,
her fcuks, etc - these things dont last.

by the time she drops like 3 kids , all the swags & figure 8 will vanish.

U will now begin to hate her.

Arrangee is good. u may be based in Abuja & someone will recommend a nice babe in PH, Enugu, Owerri.

These are babes u will never get to see, because of ur tight schedule at work in Abuja [ for example ]

some people who are rejecting arrangee marriage on Nairaland - am sure if their parents arrange Adenuga's child for them, they will start jubilating.

Just my opinion.

4 Likes

Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by simdam500(m): 5:18pm On Jan 14, 2013
Dearrange marriage
Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by Zanxx(f): 5:19pm On Jan 14, 2013
strangely enough divorce rates were at the lowest during the era of arranged marriages. i wouldnt write it off completely. you never can tell.

3 Likes

Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by popegirl(f): 5:19pm On Jan 14, 2013
All na same jare, arranged or true love.....if is going to end well it will and if not ....whatever

1 Like

Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by Kaggs2003: 5:26pm On Jan 14, 2013
As for me o, i prefer love marriage, because love is patient & kind its not arrogant or boastful, love does not insist on its own way, it is not irritble or resentful, it does not rejoice at wrong but rejoice in the right infact it beleives all things
Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by mascot87(m): 5:37pm On Jan 14, 2013
gree-die:
arrange marriage.. dont ask me why grin
Me too dear cheesy, infact that is what I am praying for.

1 Like

Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by Onyiip(f): 5:42pm On Jan 14, 2013
Arranged marriage because they will choose a handsome rich guy who know how to treat a lady right who im definitely going to fall for and his parents must have taught him to respect women so i wont go through the stress of finding a good man in a world filled with deceivers

3 Likes

Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 14, 2013
mimifonwon:
such myopic ewus...
chai, he don finish ds guy grin
Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by HAH: 6:03pm On Jan 14, 2013
People are mistaking arranged marriage as forced marriage, well arranged marriage is a situation where family members or friends will source for a partner for you based on character and background then its is left for you to see your compatability, usually if it works then is for the best.

1 Like

Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 14, 2013
Arranged marriage all the way o! I trust my mum on this one.

1 Like

Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 14, 2013
Arranged marriage...wow......wen dey arrange a girl 4u, u tnk she was single b4 ni....she jst married because of money or pressure 4r family....dats y i dnt feel bad 4 bleeping ma ex on ha wedding eve........she even txt me til nw dt she mises me...n sends me credo in skul...she even applied ma skul 4 jamb(u get eh?)....n d guy would b @ hme nw, probably on NL nw screaming arrange z d bst.......arranged marriage na endurance marriage...na because of ur money dey marry u.........if ever u v experienced true luv b4,u would nt b dia.....sorry 4 those of u dts already in2 it......marriage working out z nt a sign of experiencing true luv.....
Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by obitrac: 6:14pm On Jan 14, 2013
Sorry bros,d girl u love is gone for good.someone richer has taken her from u
Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by blackbeau1(f): 6:20pm On Jan 14, 2013
*Sings*Give me your fine fine love eh,your sweety sweety love oh eh.
Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by Nomso007(m): 6:25pm On Jan 14, 2013
HAH: People are mistaking arranged marriage as forced marriage, well arranged marriage is a situation where family members or friends will source for a partner for you based on character and background then its is left for you to see your compatability, usually if it works then is for the best.

I totally agree with you. Like you read my mind... Seriously considering arranged marriage

1 Like

Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by mu2sa2: 6:25pm On Jan 14, 2013
"Arranged marriage" sounds odd to young people of today, but it's a time-honoured tradition that works. These days a boy meets a girl at a God-knows-where, they start calling each other honey, darling, sweetheart and the next thing is marriage - like joke! Does anybody expect such union to go far?

3 Likes

Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by SELFWORTH: 6:32pm On Jan 14, 2013
African culture are not known for sustaining love marriages and this is evident from the broken hearts and homes all over the place.

Arranged marriage is good but there are no guarantees.

It's not the type of marriage that determines the success of the marriage but the willingness of both parties to make it a success using every means possible.

1 Like

Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by Chongaiman: 6:36pm On Jan 14, 2013
BTW when he tells her, "God (or my GO/bishop/prophet/pastor) told me you are my wife," no be holy arrangee be that?
Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by Yvete(f): 7:03pm On Jan 14, 2013
Chongaiman: BTW when he tells her, "God (or my GO/bishop/prophet/pastor) told me you are my wife," no be holy arrangee be that?

Holy arrangee.... Looool. The Bible says that we should honor our prophet grin grin grin
Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by greedie1(f): 7:07pm On Jan 14, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Arrange marriage, but I ll choose the family. Love don die tey tey.
u loved his money. Don't 4get he now belong to another woman legally & diff women in his heart.
loved his money? oh puleez..... i loved him b4 he became rich and famous, ryt from his scraggy plantation boys days

yea i know he belongs to anoda woman, so? obama belongs to anoda woman but i still love him, mcdreamy too..... and dat ain't bad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I'm Not A Qualified Doctor But Ekaette Wants Me To Give Her Injection. / How to make a girl squirt in 5mins / Why I Will Never Kneel Down To Propose To Any Lady.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.