Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,812 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? (8938 Views)

Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage!!! / Sex Before Or After Marriage Which One Is Better / Trust Vs Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by Fadelex(m): 7:19pm On Jan 14, 2013
I go prefer arranged marriage by God... Dats d only marriage dat can stand d storm of life.... Love will eventually fade when d motivating factor for d love is no more there... Gbam

3 Likes

Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by kpozite(m): 7:28pm On Jan 14, 2013
Arranged marriage ? Unless you are looking for someone to blame when marriage wahala starts, though arranged or love marriage none is sure or secured from woes.

1 Like

Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by claremont(m): 7:40pm On Jan 14, 2013
Arranged marriages have the lowest rates of divorce as compared to love marriages.

2 Likes

Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by Agrika: 7:59pm On Jan 14, 2013
@agabasam u are heartless what comes around goes around
Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by Onyiip(f): 8:06pm On Jan 14, 2013
@Gree-die, keep your love far away from 2face, d'banj is all yours. I've not gotten over the fact dat Annie took him before he could meet me on personal terms and you are scheming?

I've said it, my husband to be must invite 2face for my wedding and i get to dance with him else i wont be satisfied.
Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by greedie1(f): 8:12pm On Jan 14, 2013
onyii.p.... im not giving him up for anyone o..
btw, who is dbanj? i don't know him and don't wish to. its 2face or noone tongue
Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by SAFO(m): 8:23pm On Jan 14, 2013
So who arranges the marriage?

The girl's parents?
The guy's parents?
Pastor?
Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by Onyiip(f): 8:24pm On Jan 14, 2013
gree-die:
onyii.p.... im not giving him up for anyone o..
btw, who is dbanj? i don't know him and don't wish to. its 2face or noone tongue

since u insist, you'll have him only after I've had him and that would be when he turns forty- fivecheesy
Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by FXKing2012(m): 8:39pm On Jan 14, 2013
gree-die and xynerise really got me laughing reading their earlier posts.

Now to the topic, pls what is the difference btw arranged and love marriage?
There is love btw the couples in an 'arranged marriage' which was why they got (or planning to marry) in d first place. And in a 'love marriage' the couples met each other and arranged to get married after thinking and talking about it.

So I ask again, what is the difference btw arranged and love marriage?
Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by greedie1(f): 8:41pm On Jan 14, 2013
Onyii.p:

since u insist, you'll have him only after I've had him and that would be when he turns forty- fivecheesy
ur love is conditional... i ll still love him wen he is old and feeble
Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 14, 2013
I believe in both. My younger sis once arranged a girl for me but i didnt like her. So when my elder sis arranged anoda one, i decided not to see that one at all. Some months later i just decided to check the 2nd girl on Facebook, i shouted, the girl was toooo beautiful. I regretted not giving her a chance...

But i still prefer love marriage.
Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:22pm On Jan 14, 2013
gree-die:

loved his money? oh puleez..... i loved him b4 he became rich and famous, ryt from his scraggy plantation boys days

yea i know he belongs to anoda woman, so? obama belongs to anoda woman but i still love him, mcdreamy too..... and dat ain't bad.
hm!
Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by bolayei: 9:29pm On Jan 14, 2013
Arranged marriaged any day, we don marry for love on valentine's day for that matter. I think arranged marriaged because you get to love someone naturally not the initial lust that makes you feel like you are in love. Arranged marriage you meet her and you know its marriage with love mattiage you meet the girl and na chuking dey first come mind

3 Likes

Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by Okworigeorge(m): 10:22pm On Jan 14, 2013
gree-die:

loved his money? oh puleez..... i loved him b4 he became rich and famous, ryt from his scraggy plantation boys days

yea i know he belongs to anoda woman, so? obama belongs to anoda woman but i still love him, mcdreamy too..... and dat ain't bad.
.....wit ur big eyez, kip dreamin
Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by Okworigeorge(m): 10:25pm On Jan 14, 2013
Onyii.p:
@Gree-die, keep your love far away from 2face, d'banj is all yours. I've not gotten over the fact dat Annie took him before he could meet me on personal terms and you are scheming?

I've said it, my husband to be must invite 2face for my wedding and i get to dance with him else i wont be satisfied.
....c beefin o, mak una d dream on
Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by greedie1(f): 11:31pm On Jan 14, 2013
Okworigeorge: .....wit ur big eyez, kip dreamin
lol.. e dey.pain u?
Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by Okworigeorge(m): 11:48pm On Jan 14, 2013
gree-die:

lol.. e dey.pain u?
....pain me? I hansum pax 2face na
Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by chikeorji123(m): 12:32am On Jan 15, 2013
Love marriage.
Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by macob(m): 1:39am On Jan 15, 2013
[quote author=ozodigboo]Arranged marriage lasts longer.

Arranged marriage does not always mean u were forced to marry a stranger.

It also means ur family recommended a good girl to u.

Most of us guys, if we were left to choose a wife - its her swags, her figure 8,
her fcuks, etc - these things dont last.

by the time she drops like 3 kids , all the swags & figure 8 will vanish.

U will now begin to hate her.

Arrangee is good. u may be based in Abuja & someone will recommend a nice babe in PH, Enugu, Owerri.

These are babes u will never get to see, because of ur tight schedule at work in Abuja [ for example ]

some people who are rejecting arrangee marriage on Nairaland - am sure if their parents arrange Adenuga's child for them, they will start jubilating.

Just my opinion.
[quote]

Did i hear u say PH or Owerri girls? abeg no try am oo. We neva deal with all dem Ashi for here, na to go PH and Owerri go import new ones. Lol
Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by macob(m): 1:45am On Jan 15, 2013
Arrangee all d way. Even God sef support am. Adam never loved Eve, she was arranged for him, though she later Bleep my man up

1 Like

Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by SimplySEA(m): 7:03am On Jan 15, 2013
O.T.I.S:

my brother am happy for you, na so me and one girl dey do love until one boy just return from malaysia do the traditional on friday do wedding on saturday carry the girl enter house.
all these girls here making mouth about love are just decieving the guys, when their parents arrange a rich guy for them she go delete your number for her phone rush go marry. na today? you go chop love?
hahahahahaha! I laugh in tongues! My parents married based on arrangee. Today them de happy together, till tomorrow self! Check most failed marriage today, na those wey claim love o! Though i no go like marry based on arrangee, but chai it's track records has been good!

1 Like

Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by greedie1(f): 7:10am On Jan 15, 2013
Okworigeorge: ....pain me? I hansum pax 2face na
doesn't matter... i love him d way he is tongue
Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:55am On Jan 15, 2013
Freiburger: What is arranged marriage? can someone help out out?

Freiburger:
Or Afghanistan?

SHUT UP WHITE MAN! angry

THis is not like in your country where people marry every 2 weeks just to slip for 1 night.

so what if it happens in Afghanistan or anywhere for that matter? cant some good come out of these countries as well angry
Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:56am On Jan 15, 2013
ARRANGED MARRIAGE ALL THE WAY!

NIGERIA IS A TRIBAL NATION AND WE MUST MARRY WITHIN OUR OWN TRIBES. OUR PARENTS ARE THE ONES WHO DECIDE THE RIGHT CHOICE FOR US FROM GOOD FAMILIES!

SUCH RELATIONSHIPS ARE NOT BASED ON LUST! THEY ARE BASED ON COMITTMENT AND FINALLY LEAD TO LOVE! THIS IS TRUE LOVE!
Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by Goldieluks: 7:59am On Jan 15, 2013
Love marriage is more preferable.
Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by try69: 8:29am On Jan 15, 2013
Smh @ people who still talk about "arrangee" marriage, what about "arrangee" relationship? Do you just marry like that? How much do you know that person? I know a lot of gals that call and cry on the fone secretly on that wedding night to the guy they have spent quality time with and truly love..it's a taboo to most of us Nigerians to phuck someones wife, if not...if not for the fact that we africans respect marriage, many wives would be busy phucking another guy while the supposed husband is @ work or somewhere.
Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by Sweetapple007(f): 9:49am On Jan 15, 2013
I prefers arranged marriage

1 Like

Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by kemoolala: 11:59am On Jan 15, 2013
weather na arrangee wedding or love wedding, wedding na wedding!
Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 15, 2013
claremont: Arranged marriages have the lowest rates of divorce as compared to love marriages.
how u go bold divorce person wey ur papa choose for u as wife grin
Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 15, 2013
Love marriage rocks!!!!(Singing)"whether na one naira,whether nah one million,baby I love u,baby I love u".

1 Like

Re: Arrange Marriage Vs Love Marriage : Which One Do You Prefer? by bakila: 4:26pm On Jan 15, 2013
anitank: Funny question
Why would anyone prefer arranged marriage
Are u married?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Could This Guy Be The Sexiest Short Guy On Nairaland / I'm Not A Qualified Doctor But Ekaette Wants Me To Give Her Injection. / Why I Will Never Kneel Down To Propose To Any Lady.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.