Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:43 AM

Have You Ever Eaten Termite? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Have You Ever Eaten Termite? (18634 Views)

Worst Food You Have Ever Eaten? / What Is The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten When Hungry / The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten !! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Eaten Termite? by Revolva(m): 8:17am On Jan 16, 2013
Termite wow the way it dished makes it look palatable - am salivating here ..wow it can go with ijebu garri!!! Wow
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Termite? by emtar(m): 8:25am On Jan 16, 2013
some parts in YORUBA LAND CALLED IT esunsun. My point here is that i would like to hear comments from nutritionist about the vitamin contents it contains.
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Termite? by speeka: 8:36am On Jan 16, 2013
This is one of he most eatable delicious insect in the world.
it is called iddo in my dialete.
just try it with bread then you will know that butter de learn for where this sweet nmeet de.
this just remind me of my childhood days.
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Termite? by Ayantoyeopeyem(f): 8:52am On Jan 16, 2013
we do call it lelesun in kwara. Very delicious.... Mum is very good in preparing it. Luv u mum, luv lelesun.lol...
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Termite? by toygod2: 8:58am On Jan 16, 2013
.....i eat it fresh
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Termite? by kandiikane(m): 9:02am On Jan 16, 2013
yuzedo:
Pun = Punny
Eat = It
Sweerie, did u went to a good school like havard university, london? undecided
Woooow!
And you dare ask me if I went to school with this bomb you dropped?

Abeg, if you don't know how to lay down good puns, don't bother. Not everyone has the talent for it.
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Termite? by yuzedo: 9:15am On Jan 16, 2013
kandiikane:
Woooow!
And you dare ask me if I went to school with this bomb you dropped?

Abeg, if you don't know how to lay down good puns, don't bother. Not everyone has the talent for it.

Hater!! angry
I know you want me, swerry just be nice and you can have me alllllllll to yoself + 18inches wink
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Termite? by kandiikane(m): 9:27am On Jan 16, 2013
yuzedo:
Hater!! angry
I know you want me, swerry just be nice and you can have me alllllllll to yoself + 18inches wink

HA!

It's good you still have dreams and fantasies. cool
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Termite? by MissyB3(f): 9:33am On Jan 16, 2013
YoungGame: My sister, koyosmiley
Ko yo! Vbo ye è?
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Termite? by 190theclown: 10:11am On Jan 16, 2013
Yeah I've eaten it too
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Termite? by Isiterere(m): 10:26am On Jan 16, 2013
It is called "esunsun" in yoruba language. I love this when I was in my early childhood. I used to eat it "RAW" or "FRIED". But I can't do that anymore;jungle don mature...
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Termite? by Stevmayor007: 10:31am On Jan 16, 2013
Ayorh4you: Its called 'LOLOWA' in ma language. I use 2 eat n can stil eat it if available. Yummie
===== IT IS CALLED 'LOLOWA' IN MY DIALECT, I NEVER ATE IN STEW BUT ROSTED IN FRYING PAN. IT'S YUMMIE REALLY.
FIND ME ON FACEBOOK USING 08022246999
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Termite? by Stevmayor007: 10:35am On Jan 16, 2013
IT IS CALLED 'LOLOWA' IN MY DIALECT, I NEVER ATE IN STEW BUT ROSTED IN FRYING PAN. IT'S YUMMIE REALLY.
WE HUNT FOR IT IN THE NIGHTS PARTICULARLY AFTER RAIN, THEY ARE ATTRACTED BY FLORESCENT LIGHTS AND WE JUST WAIT UNTIL THEY ARE MUCH AND WE SWITCH START HUNTING BY GETTING THE FLOOR WET, AND ATIMES WE SWITCH OFF THE LIGHTS. HAHAHAHHAAHHAA
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Termite? by rume(m): 11:09am On Jan 16, 2013
Missy_B:
OMG! Your bini is so good, I read it with ease. I'm so intimidated,I can't even reply. embarassed grin

Ko yo! tongue

Ko yo. Edon ma ye mwen gbe sokpan I mu ere vbe eghe ni ye khere. Ma mu iyan vbe ota ke ukpa no ba.

It took me about 20 minutes just to come up with this and I know it still isn't perfect. cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Termite? by adexsimply(m): 12:05pm On Jan 16, 2013
maaan..when i was very young...i dey chop am like madt..bu the day i embarassed read in my biology text that they later evolve to termites,, i stop ni o..GBAM!!!!!!!!
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Termite? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 16, 2013
YoungGame: Ah, you don confess grin
you dey craze o grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Termite? by Baro(m): 10:08pm On Jan 16, 2013
@ Topic,

Edon rien rien gbe . . .
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Termite? by YoungGame: 11:32pm On Jan 16, 2013
Missy_B:
Ko yo! Vbo ye è?
Dear, i'm not from Benin, i'm from Ekp. You know there right? Esan mhe khin! Though i love Benin language so much, i don't know how to speak it, all i know is koyo..lolgrin well you're still my sis though since we're not too far away. smiley
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Termite? by MissyB3(f): 12:01am On Jan 17, 2013
YoungGame: Dear, i'm not from Benin, i'm from Ekp. You know there right? Esan mhe khin! Though i love Benin language so much, i don't know how to speak it, all i know is koyo..lolgrin well you're still my sis though since we're not too far away. smiley
I see! I'm actually half Esan/Ishan, half Bini. Lol! Bodi aye? grin tongue
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Termite? by ayojosh2k(m): 9:53am On Jan 17, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: It's called 'Ibà' in yoruba language. It's yummy, expecially when you fry it with stew for rice.

Its called 'iba' in your dialect not in General Yoruba. In Yourba it is called 'Esunsun', you can find out from your old folks.
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Termite? by Bluvs2rock(f): 9:59am On Jan 17, 2013
Yes. Known as ndube in my language(Ibibio). It has a high protein content.
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Termite? by Freiburger(m): 10:01am On Jan 17, 2013
Bluvs2rock: Yes. Known as ndube in my language(Ibibio). It has a high protein content.
Really? I never knew, when eaten raw or what?
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Termite? by orgasm(m): 10:27am On Jan 17, 2013
Is called 'Irikhun' and we can break some heads if you pick our catch. The process of running after a flying termite early in the mornings before school,catching it with a broom or cloth was a sweet game and exercise cos at times you have to run and jump very high. Dat was how passionate n crazy we were about termite as kids. Was a delicacy n crunchy. But wen i grew older the crunchy nature got at me n cudt chew it again.
This just gave me a sense of sweet nostalgia. Memories gushing back like a burst of adrenaline.
.I miss you Irikhun.
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Termite? by Edunwa302(m): 11:07am On Jan 17, 2013
Very sweet its called aku in enugu
if i had opportunity i ll eat it again en again
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Termite? by Ejike3: 8:56pm On Jan 19, 2013
I like taking it raw.
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Termite? by YoungGame: 4:11pm On Jan 21, 2013
Missy_B:
I see! I'm actually half Esan/Ishan, half Bini. Lol! Bodi aye? grin tongue
Ofure cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Termite? by NaWetinDey(m): 9:20pm On May 26, 2016
seedord247:
Yesterday it was frog and edible worm...
Today it is termite and cockroaches.....
Tomorrow... It gonna be rat and
Lol. Rat is old school. I was thinking you were going to say vulture.
Re: Have You Ever Eaten Termite? by NaWetinDey(m): 9:22pm On May 26, 2016
Rastamann:
All na poverty!
Lol. Rastermann, no be poverty at all. even chinese millionaires eat frogs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Picture Of A 'divorce' Cake. / Ibadan Restaurants / Pictures Of Home Made Pizza By ME #incredible Chef

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.