Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:12 AM

Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? (18776 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Tattoos / Body Piercings? / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by oludy: 9:19pm On Jan 27, 2013
cold:

Really?

. In Matthew 5:18 Jesus says:

For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth pass away, not one letter, not one stroke of a letter, will pass from the law until all is accomplished.

It goes further to say; Therefore, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Isaiah 40:8, "the word of our God stands forever."

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I have come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I have not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Why do you guys always want to pick & choose what you think is convenient for you at a particular time?Like i stated in previous thread,there really is no middle ground.The Bible has to be an-all-or-nothing book.You can't pick and choose at your convenience

To further expatiate my point above, check out and read thoroughly Hebrews chapter 7 - 10.
If the old covenant/law/commandment has not been done away with, then we are all in big shit because all the laws of Moses were pure bondage. Even the Israelites could not cope.
But Jesus came and fixed all of that at once. Check out some highlights below from Hebrews and you will be amazed.

Hebrews 7:11 Now if perfection had been attainable through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need would there have been for another priest to arise after the order of Melchizedek, rather than one named after the order of Aaron?
Hebrews 7:12 For when there is a change in the priesthood, there is necessarily a change in the law as well.
Hebrews 7:18 For on the one hand, a former commandment is set aside because of its weakness and uselessness
Hebrews 8:13 In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

The truth is Jesus's commandments are even harder to follow but ....it's the only way.

For example, fornication is done when you look at a woman lustfully in your heart without physical contact, no divorces except on sexual immorality grounds etc. no more eye for an eye....

That's why I asked if Jesus said anything about it.

What I know is the old law forbade it, but if you have it already before becoming a disciple of Jesus, you need to know that Jesus doesn't look at the past. Just don't do it again. Remember, old things are passed away, all things are new.

But morally, I think's way off the line. Doesn't appeal to me.

1 Like

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by Xeroz: 10:24pm On Jan 27, 2013
FXKing2012:
I mean every unrighteousness is a sin before God but not all sins lead to hell. The Bible is expressly clear on this, I'm sure u know this.
..Did I get U correctly, Plz which sin leads to hell and which does not?....The Devil is really @ Work
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by moneyhungry(m): 10:44pm On Jan 27, 2013
Xeroz: ..Did I get U correctly, Plz which sin leads to hell and which does not?....The Devil is really @ Work
i tire o.
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by sanatogen: 11:47pm On Jan 27, 2013
I'm not a fan of tattoing myself, but we have a measure of free will in this reality of which I have gratitude to the creator for.

To my own mind, tatooing is ok. One is exercising their free will to make changes to the "costume" to which they were brought into this world with. It is part of ones learning experience in this life, and that experience (during and after the tatooing) might help them expand their awareness (i.e. whether it was a good idea or not to do it in the first place!).

Regardless of changing the costume you were born with, Living in spirit is what counts, no?
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by FXKing2012(m): 11:58pm On Jan 27, 2013
Xeroz: ..Did I get U correctly, Plz which sin leads to hell and which does not?....The Devil is really @ Work
Ignorance is at work in your life. When you are ready to learn, ask your question the proper way and you will get the answer based on Bible passages.
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by manchiled: 12:32am On Jan 28, 2013
Segun agagu: Having tattoos is sending u to hell..simple
u r just a wicked person if GOD will forgive even a killer then wat is tattoo to GOD if at all its sin,smh

1 Like

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by Nobody: 1:13am On Jan 28, 2013
if you have tattoos then you going strait to hell buddy....If you believe in that kinda stuff.....your body is precious to God, and he needs it for some reason.....dont you read the holy bible? you better get that tattoo off your body before you burn in hell fire....
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by Nobody: 1:32am On Jan 28, 2013
@poster, please read Lev21:5...nor make any cuttings in their flesh.
God made us perfect and our body is suppose to be the temple of God.if you say you are a Christian and you went ahead to put a tattoo then I will tell you to consider your ways well. If you did it when you are still in the world and you have repented then God is not looking at it as a sin. It is same thing as most of us that were marked because of tribe identification or whatever.when people like that become Christian they will not be proud of the markings but will live a normal life after that. But, God knows the heart. You can deceive me but not God. if you have truly repented then it is no big deal. God will be more concerned about you mind and heart than your body.
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by GooseBaba: 3:42am On Jan 28, 2013
honey001: Ask yourself this simple question, will Jesus tattoo his body, or do u read in any place that he Jesus had tattoos? Actually, there is no single that God cannot forgive once u realised ur sinful state and come to him in true repentance, becos the Bible says the time of ignorance God winked at and it's calling all men to come to repentance. It's assumed you are ignorant of the word of God while having ur tattoo on, but immediately u come to the Lord for forgiveness of ur sins sincerely, God will surely forgive u, if the tattoos can be cleaned, go ahead and clean it, but if not, leave it, just continue living a holy life as dat is the only thing that guarantee making heaven.
I dey laugh...where in the bible did you read that Jesus did not have a tattoo? Una go just dey talk anyhow...The fact that you believe in a God that sees it as a wise/just punishment for his creation to burn for eternity for not passing his test says it all...Mental slavery..White man go sell you and you go give am change...
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by GooseBaba: 3:44am On Jan 28, 2013
honourhim:
yeah, you are right. Sin originated from satan and God can never identify with it. He has no need to do so because "the blood of Jesus christ his son clenaseth us from ALL sin".(1 John 1:7) If one now fails to make use of the availability of the blood of Jesus when he has sinned then he has him/herself to blame.
Why can't God associate with sin? Abi no be am create heaven and earth, even create him fall guy (satan)...give am power join...
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by jackkyy(m): 3:48am On Jan 28, 2013
Willzkid: I was just discussing this issue with my brother Rhemaplus yesterday and his expose was really enlightening..
While the law was about "dos" and "don'ts" christianity is more about principles..the problem is that christians of nowadays will rather go back to the law..one of our guiding principles should be 1corinth 10:31 Whether therefore all of y ou eat, or drink, or whatsoever all of you do, do all to the glory of God.
My brother ghetto, you said you already have the tatoos, in that case I'll advise you see how 2 remove it if is temporary as it obviously does not glorify God.
In the case of it being permanent there's nothing you can do about it..your life should be enough to preach your present state.
For those who wish to have tatoos soon, inasmuch as we want to exercise our freedom in Christ, let's be humble enough to ask how having a tatoo glorifies God..
If you are not concerned about the glory even your minutest actions bring to God, your spiritualmindedness is already shaky.
As I said earlier, this is not necessarily a "Right" and "Wrong" matter, or "sin" and "not-a-sin" matter..It's about christian principles.

GooseBaba:
Why can't God associate with sin? Abi no be am create heaven and earth, even create him fall guy (satan)...give am power join...

there have been native tatoos since beginning of time. even hawaians have it. you guys just come up with some dumb judgement and dont even understand the bible you read.
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by GooseBaba: 3:52am On Jan 28, 2013
FXKing2012:
It is not until you hurt another man that you are wicked before God; any sin or evil act is wickedness before God. And since tattooing is sinful, it is a wicked act in the Lord's eyes.
Tattoo equals to wickedness!!! Wonders.....

1 Like

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by GooseBaba: 3:56am On Jan 28, 2013
jackkyy:

there have been native tatoos since beginning of time. even hawaians have it. you guys just come up with some dumb judgement and dont even understand the bible you read.
Bros! How is my post Judgmental...What is there to understand again... Are you saying God created heaven and earth...But he did not create sin? where is the mental logic or spiritual logic?
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by GooseBaba: 3:58am On Jan 28, 2013
FXKing2012:
The fact that you dont know or believe doesnt change the truth/fact. Some dont believe in the existence of God or even hell, but do their beliefs change the truth?
What makes your truth the truth?
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by GooseBaba: 4:15am On Jan 28, 2013
BeingAkorede: Dont flaunt the tattoos, perhaps it'll reduce your purnishment.....
LMAO!!!!! Meaning you get to fan yourself in hell abi?
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by GooseBaba: 4:18am On Jan 28, 2013
Red-Light:
God doesnt want us to smoke ... yet he created tobacco and weeds, he doesnt want us to drink yet he gave us finest beers and rums... he doesnt want us to kill and then he gave us weapons, he doesnt want us to fornicate yet he gave us the urge ... he doesnt want us to tattoo yet he gave us the ink ...everything he created was perfect and yet we have deaf and dumb, the cripple and the midgets...god is love yet he throws anyone that sin into hell fire that burns forever. even as wicked as my great grand mother was, she cannot throw anybody into hot water let alone fire just for lying or wearing tattoo or drinking.... why would u tempt ur creations with tobacco, weeds and tattoo and when they fall for it, u throw them into hell fire and still claim u love them ... this is beyond me

Correct Logic!!!
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by GooseBaba: 4:38am On Jan 28, 2013
gzib: @poster, please read Lev21:5...nor make any cuttings in their flesh.
God made us perfect and our body is suppose to be the temple of God.if you say you are a Christian and you went ahead to put a tattoo then I will tell you to consider your ways well. If you did it when you are still in the world and you have repented then God is not looking at it as a sin. It is same thing as most of us that were marked because of tribe identification or whatever.when people like that become Christian they will not be proud of the markings but will live a normal life after that. But, God knows the heart. You can deceive me but not God. if you have truly repented then it is no big deal. God will be more concerned about you mind and heart than your body.

How so? When did he have this conversation with you....?
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by leonshom(m): 6:47am On Jan 28, 2013
2me,I don't think havin a tatoo on a part of ur body is a determinant of goin to hell,tatoo can be said 2b a kind of fashion that has eroded our societies long time ago, its imbeded in our culture and its as old as human society itself.
In d olden days,pple paint their faces,body,@d time of war,warlords/warriors do make sum painting in order to scare pple. If we shud say tatoo wuld make u lose heaven,wat about dos wu write their names on their body in order not to 4get in d olden day yoruba society. D only think I think culd be d reward 4dis action is mere gossip,if d norms/mores of d society condemns tatooing,then d reward is severe as its a mere gossip or certain folkway,as in taboo !
Only God can Judge whether any1 wuld make heav en or not !
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by ehispapa(m): 6:49am On Jan 28, 2013
pimp_lucious :
Can any of these people calling themselves Christians worshiping the god of jesus be intelligent enough and qoute the part of bible that says tattoo will lead u to hell?

Digressing a bit, is there anywhere in the bible that says Christianity will lead one to heaven? undecided

yeah ...Christianity means Christ kind of life, and its written all over the Bible. Read the book of john for a start. can see you dont read ur bible.
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by FXKing2012(m): 7:48am On Jan 28, 2013
I've said it several times that getting a tattoo on yiur body is a sin but no one is certain it can land anyone in hell because not all sin leads to hell. This is explicitly and expressly stated in the Bible.

1 John 5:16-18
King James Version (KJV)
16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

It is advisable to abstain from tattooing because of this scripture:

1 Thes. 5:22
"Abstain from all appearance of evil."
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by kandiikane(m): 8:43am On Jan 28, 2013
What the..?! Are you telling me many of you believe your God may burn you for tattoos? What about cultures that use tattoos as part of their identity. Na wa for una oo. I guess many Nigerians with slashes on their faces and bodies are may go to hell because they've 'destroyed' the temple of God.

What nonsense! Abeg, you've got to speak to your God oo because it's quite mean that many Nigerians may to go to hell for slashings.

Mtchew!
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by kagel: 9:46am On Jan 28, 2013
my view here is for you to go to Leviticus chapter 19 vs 28
just read it and obey the instruction given to you by the creator of heaven and earth
God bless you as you but them in practice

Ghettoguru: The bible says God is love but I keep wondering if that is entirely correct seeing as some verses condemned things like tattooing one's body. Also, I had gone through some topics about christian views on tattoos here on nairaland and some christians seem to be 100% sure & even comfortable with the idea that anyone who tattooed his or her body is a sinner and should be thrown in hell on the judgement day.

I have a few tattoos, does that mean I and others like me are already condemned and our prayers & worships are useless? If that's true, then, is there any need worshipping a God that will end up throwing us in hell for tattooing our bodies?

If God is going to throw us all in hell for some of these reasons, where is the love? If the good things we do wouldn't be remembered because of mere tattoos, then where is the love? Is God truly love?

I'd like to know your views. Thanks.
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by honey001(m): 9:51am On Jan 28, 2013
GooseBaba:
I dey laugh...where in the bible did you read that Jesus did not have a tattoo? Una go just dey talk anyhow...The fact that you believe in a God that sees it as a wise/just punishment for his creation to burn for eternity for not passing his test says it all...Mental slavery..White man go sell you and you go give am change...

cant u comprehend simple english?
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by kennykool4u: 10:09am On Jan 28, 2013
you have better relationship with hell if you have it on you. but if u confess your sin, you will never be condemned
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by kandiikane(m): 10:30am On Jan 28, 2013
kagel: my view here is for you to go to Leviticus chapter 19 vs 28
just read it and obey the instruction given to you by the creator of heaven and earth
God bless you as you but them in practice

That same chapter says a woman is unclean during her menses, meaning you shouldn't come near her. Do you send your girlfriend or wife packing to her parents or into a bush when she's on her period?

1 Like

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 28, 2013
kandiikane:
That same chapter says a woman is unclean during her menses, meaning you shouldn't come near her. Do you send your girlfriend or wife packing to her parents or into a bush when she's on her period?

Good question!
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by eriegua83: 11:52am On Jan 28, 2013
I know u re a sinner nd will go to hell because according to u any mark or drawing on d body is a one way ticket to hell and you have argentina 3 brazil 3 on ur face.
Ayomivic: Can you imagine what the world is turning into ?I can't believe that christians too,whom our lord Jesus warns to be wise as a serpents and be harmless like dove can fall too to the tricks of Satan by supporting things like this.
You will hear some call christian saying perming is not bad, nothing wrong with christian ladies that wear trouser, nothing wrong with tattoo. They don't want to listen to God but they want God to accept everything they do. They want What they feel to be right to be what the Bible says or agreed upon,you can never see them quote the verse of scripture to back their sentiment.

Let me ask all of you that did not see what is wrong in tattooing ones body this quetions. Why would someone wants to tattoo his or her body, To fascinate God or to fascinate man?
The Bible say "the friendship of the world is enmity of God.Whosoever therefore will be friend of world is the enemy of God (James4:4-5)"

If you say tattooing ones body is not a sin, does tattoo make ones look like sons and daughter of most high God?

Whereas, the Bible says in Leviticus 19:28 that "Ye shall not make any cutting in your flesh for the dead not print any marks upon you. Iam the Lord "

let us becareful of what we will post because many people are reading it. What we are posting here can save lives and it can ruin lives if the care is not taken.

1 Like

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by thisisjonny(m): 2:56pm On Jan 28, 2013
Ayomivic, God bles bless you for this wonderful post. The Devil has done alot of havoc already by convincing Eve that God was not truthful when he warned on the danger of eating the forbiding fruit. Satan is still using thesame strategy today to push more people to hell by legalising sin. 30 years ago, Palming was a sin, drinking alcohol was not right for Christians, keeping boyfriend and girlfriend was sinful, going naked on the street in the name of fashion was an abomination. What do we have today?, All of that are now acceptable. God had probably changed His mind and reduced His standard. But will that not amount to Him being unfair? What about those that lived 30 years ago? A Warning for all: The Lord know those that are His and the foundation of the Lord standeth sure. Let everyone that nameth the name of the Lord depart from iniquity. Be warn.
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by GooseBaba: 12:56am On Jan 29, 2013
honey001:

cant u comprehend simple english?
My guy go boil stone!!! No be you be the first teacher for NL..... If e dey pain you say I dey talk about your god..,abeg go drink poison! You won't be missed. undecided
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by franklyn555: 7:20pm On Feb 01, 2013
as the bible says the body is temple of GOD, but if tempered with i think can still be forgiven. that is why he called a merciful GOD........ but truly looking into tattooing,,we christians judge many things on our own,, actually we serve a merciful and ever loving God...
in my own opinion what ever we do out of ignorance is always forgivable by the most high.

1 Like

Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by alienvirus: 7:45pm On Feb 01, 2013
born2fuck: Leviticus 19 vs 28 "Do not cut your bodies for the dead, and do not mark your skin with tattoos. I am the LORD.

If the fact that bible never mention smoking does not mean smoking will make heaven but tattoo was mention in the bible
Will using a moniker like born2fork lead to hell?
Re: Will Having Tattoos Send Me To Hell? by franklyn555: 11:35pm On Feb 01, 2013
if after FUNICATION, ADULTERY, LIES, KILLING and all sort of sins where forgivable,, why dont u think that also drawing of tattoo if is a sin can also be forgivable......... or is there a sin that is bigger than the other? cos i believe all sins are equal... why are some people quoting bible instead of to tell her to pray for forgiveness as tattoo is a sin...
that why he is God of mercy and love... always ready to accept those who acknowledges their sins.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fetching Water In My Dream, What Does It Mean / 10 Types Of People Who Search For Bible Verses In Church. / Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka Criticizes Catholic Priests On Extorting Parishioners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.