Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,853 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? (12401 Views)

What Was Budgeted For The Federal Ministry Of Interior #saatahbudgetseries / Presidency To Spend N114m On Feeding In 2016 – Document / Describe Your Governor's Performance In 2013 In One Word? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by revolt(m): 10:00am On Jan 16, 2013
i am irked out by posts claiming the g lagos state govt feeds govt house via his monthly salary. well tis imperative to ask wht the budget for feeding in the state house is because unlike the fed govt tht budgets with oil money which we truly have no stakes in, Fashola on the bother hand is funded solely on tax and the ppls sweat which he seems nt to be using for civil purposes but to feed the tinubus afterall were payn for the lekki xpress road.......
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by royalguru: 10:02am On Jan 16, 2013
Nigeria will never get better, instead of finding out how much our governors spends on feeding we are here abusing each other and tomorrow we will want a better Nigeria, You are all just dreamers of a better Nigeria
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by thelastPope(m): 10:03am On Jan 16, 2013
Delafruita: someone asserted the contractor provided the refreshment,if you think otherwise,provide your own assertion with proof.the budget of lagos state is available http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/Y2012/SUMMARYOFPERSONNELEXPENDITURE.pdf. every subhead is broken down.you can even check the monthly budgetary allocation for transportation of the governor and deputy governor.

For your information, your link is a dead link. I have been there before and it is still dead, even now. I believe it is because of questions like the one the @op is asking that they removed the PDF files from the site. Now you are really indicting yourselves!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

a state government site with links to dud public documents! What a show you lads are putting up! grin grin grin
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Demdem(m): 10:06am On Jan 16, 2013
Ngwakwe: If the Op has removed Lagos State Govt and written Abia State Govt, we would have had another set of contributions from what are presently on this board.

Forget about reading astrological meanings to the Op's motive, he just asked a simple question, lo and behold everybody is jumping on him as if he just burned a Koran in Northern Nigeria..

Nigerians deserve the types of Gov. T. A. Orji to rule and reign the whole country for forty years because of our total hypocrisy and bias.

Shame on all of us.

Probably Abia has a food project, however Lagos dont till date. Will advise the OP to re-phrase his question once again on a fresh thread grin
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by KINGwax(m): 10:07am On Jan 16, 2013
Eko Ile:

Do you really think people own you anything to support your insanity?

Reterdeeen is slacking, he's not providing adequate mental healthcare and treatment for his malfunctioning LAPTOPS.

point of correction, it's LAPDOGS
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by thelastPope(m): 10:08am On Jan 16, 2013
Guk:

And after bn de-lumped, you will then ask for the cost of ingredients to be de-lumped as well. Please educate yourself here http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/subpage.php?k=1

Most of the links on that page are dead links. The PDF files have been removed. You are exposing your governor more. They are too scared, obviously, to put the details of their expenditure out in public view.

1 Like

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Guk: 10:10am On Jan 16, 2013
thelastPope: To say there is no budget for food and entertainment when there is food and entertainment expenses is actually an indictment on LASG. You cannot spend what is not budgeted for. Governance is a constitutional thing, not a personal things. The launch of the blue rail project last week saw a lot of people scrambling for food and refreshment. Someone even tried to suggest that it was the contractor that provided the refreshment! grin

That was a lot of money spent just in one event. To suggest that such monies are not budgeted for is to admit that the LASG is being run like a private enterprise and maybe that is the case. Such amount of money cannot be called sundry expenses. That will mean the budget is not transparent and will also mean the house of assembly is not doing their job. Government, at all levels, have budget for everything down to the pen and pins used in the offices. @op. maybe someone will need to invoke the FOI to strutinise the budget. Most of those talking trash to you here have no knowledge of what is in the LASG budget. They are just paid sycophants and party thugs. You will get nothing from them so no need to engage them. They have neither seen nor read a copy of LASG budget document in their lives. grin

@lastpope, am suprised this is coming from you. "you appear to be an intelligent lad" but i suppose your judgement is bn beclouded. What ever anyone wants to say about Lagos state and prudence, you have to give honour to these guys at LASG. Its a state bn run professionally. You cant even find Lagos state making caps; tshrts; aso ebi and such like wen having Launching programmes. Anyway, @lastpope, eductae yourself here: http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/subpage.php?k=35
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by thelastPope(m): 10:10am On Jan 16, 2013
Demdem:

Probably Abia has a food project, however Lagos dont till date. Will advise the OP to re-phrase his question once again on a fresh thread grin

You cannot say LASG dont have. You will be guilty of the same thing you accuse the @op of if you say that. You have no good copy of the budget and have never read it. so you cannot state that. I have checked the LASG site and the documents have been removed.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Demdem(m): 10:11am On Jan 16, 2013
revolt: i am irked out by posts claiming the g lagos state govt feeds govt house via his monthly salary.

and why should this even be impossible? Dont u think this is what we should be aiming for. How many are inside Fashola's household that he cant comfortably take care of them effortlessly? Remember that our governors are well paid and of cos anytime Fashola receives visitors we have seen pictures of him not entertaining. Not even kai-kai.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by thelastPope(m): 10:12am On Jan 16, 2013
Guk:

@lastpope, am suprised this is coming from you. "you appear to be an intelligent lad" but i suppose your judgement is bn beclouded. What ever anyone wants to say about Lagos state and prudence, you have to give honour to these guys at LASG. Its a state bn run professionally. You cant even find Lagos state making caps; tshrts; aso ebi and such like wen having Launching programmes. Anyway, @lastpope, eductae yourself here: http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/subpage.php?k=35

you are repeating the same dud links! This is what you get from most of the links there:

Not Found

The requested URL /uploads/gallery_xxr23291zoeob0rxkd13.pdf was not found on this server.

Not Found

The requested URL /uploads/gallery_d0pq1x34r2j0k6w3ksy7.pdf was not found on this server.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by adconline(m): 10:13am On Jan 16, 2013
thelastPope:

Why are you guys this ignorant? Food budget is not for eating in cabinet meetings. The FG does not serve food in cabinet meetings. Every tier of government entertain various kinds of guests daily from local to international guests. Lagos state invites and liaises with professional, civil society, international organisations, etc on daily basis just like the FG and other state governments. This is not rocket science and the governor does not pay from his pocket. It is not a personal thing. To say he pays from his pocket is a ridiculous thing to say. The @op has asked a question. If you do not have the answer, you waka pass. it is not by force to answer. But to suggest that a tier of government does not have a fund for taking care of feeding and entertainment for guests and events is ridiculous. The LASG government has hosted musical artists for example, on many occasions and paid them millions and put them in hotels and fed them Same for civil society groups, foreign visitors and much more. The government spent millions on refreshments during the launching of the blue rail project last week. Governments do these and much more on daily bases and they are all budgeted for. Nothing is spent in government outside the budget. It is unconstitutional to spend monies outside the budget. I shouldnt be telling you that!

Keep preaching to folks who have the lowest IQ in the world. Nigerians are allergic to simple logic and reasoning!
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Guk: 10:16am On Jan 16, 2013
thelastPope:

Most of the links on that page are dead links. The PDF files have been removed. You are exposing your governor more. They are too scared, obviously, to put the details of their expenditure out in public view.

http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/subpage.php?k=35
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Ngwakwe: 10:17am On Jan 16, 2013
Demdem:

Not even kai-kai.

The man must be Akpor.

What of bottled water? Shebi he go ask his maid to cross the road to a mallam kiosk for one..
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Guk: 10:19am On Jan 16, 2013
thelastPope:

you are repeating the same dud links! This is what you get from most of the links there:

Not Found

The requested URL /uploads/gallery_xxr23291zoeob0rxkd13.pdf was not found on this server.

Not Found

The requested URL /uploads/gallery_d0pq1x34r2j0k6w3ksy7.pdf was not found on this server.

Check your PC or internet connection. I just downloded the PDF file. Unfortunately, its too big to upload on nairaland. http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/subpage.php?k=35

If after reading the document and u dont give kudos to LASG, then you are bn downright mischievous
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Demdem(m): 10:23am On Jan 16, 2013
thelastPope:

You cannot say LASG dont have. You will be guilty of the same thing you accuse the @op of if you say that. You have no good copy of the budget and have never read it. so you cannot state that. I have checked the LASG site and the documents have been removed.

The OP made an accusation and the onus is on him to substantiate his claim and cement it which he has failed to do so far. Actually, i have once gone through the abbridge copy http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/Y2012/2012AbridgedBudget.pdf gotten from here http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/subpage.php?k=34

and coupled with the recent site given to u by Guk, u can simply help ursef out. U tell me, how many states govt can boast of this? Lagos indeed leads.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Demdem(m): 10:24am On Jan 16, 2013
Ngwakwe:

The man must be Akpor.

What of bottled water? Shebi he go ask his maid to cross the road to a mallam kiosk for one..

Na austerity. grin grin
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by thelastPope(m): 10:27am On Jan 16, 2013
Demdem:

The OP made an accusation and the onus is on him to substantiate his claim and cement it which he has failed to do so far. Actually, i have once gone through the abbridge copy http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/Y2012/2012AbridgedBudget.pdf gotten from here http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/subpage.php?k=34

and coupled with the recent site given to u by Guk, u can simply help ursef out. U tell me, how many states govt can boast of this? Lagos indeed leads.

Every state has a good budget. There is no state without a good budget. The problem of Nigeria has never been about good budgets. It is about implementation. You keep making these mistakes. Lagos state budget is not better itemized than Borno state budget. It is how each state implements their budget that is important.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by 999666: 10:27am On Jan 16, 2013
thelastPope:

For your information, your link is a dead link. I have been there before and it is still dead, even now. I believe it is because of questions like the one the @op is asking that they removed the PDF files from the site. Now you are really indicting yourselves!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

a state government site with links to dud public documents! What a show you lads are putting up! grin grin grin

Use this link: http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/Y2012/SUMMARYOFPERSONNELEXPENDITURE.pdf

I just downloaded it.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by deletrue: 10:28am On Jan 16, 2013
2Legit2Qui:

With all due respect, I am of the opinion that you need urgent medical attention. Seriously. Only baboons and im.beciles and people with mental illnesses go about calling people names without reason. I tell you. Only fools attack people they dont know or see except on the internet, t is just a lack of home training and I just pity the people who gave birth to you. F.uck face. Baboon. Fashola doesnt give a hoot about you, they are there stealing money while you eediot stay on the net running your mouth with impudence. You seriously need deliverance. and if you think Fashola knows your address, or cares about you, then you are a dead meat, kaput, waiting to be buried. shio kelebe.
I now totally agree with the fact that you and your likes are sociatal deviants. When i place you, bakare, obasanjo side by side, i just wonder at the role and punishment the devil has placed on you people, especially the people of south west. A highly reasonable question is advanced here just for your sincere response. As usual, you open your month like chief obasanjo, who talks before thinking. A man who is highly senseless. This is also true of Pastor Bakare and other yorubas. I know very well that even nature can be over come. Why is it that you people are completely impossible to be described as changed people! I want you to explain why you people are so foolish and talks without reasoning?
Sincere9erian, please, i beg of you to come with more of these question. Your contributions are in no small way reshaping nigeria

1 Like

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by revolt(m): 10:30am On Jan 16, 2013
Demdem:

and why should this even be impossible? Dont u think this is what we should be aiming for. How many are inside Fashola's household that he cant comfortably take care of them effortlessly? Remember that our governors are well paid and of cos anytime Fashola receives visitors we have seen pictures of him not entertaining. Not even kai-kai.
cos its govt duty to provide those resources so as to avoid any distraction from informalissues. its not a private firm hes running its a govt
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by 999666: 10:34am On Jan 16, 2013
This link will give you an index of all the downloadable data pertaining to Lagos state government expenditure in the year 2012:

http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/Y2012/

It contains detailed pdf documents about:
1. External loan payment
2. federal transfer
3. overhead cost by agencies
4. Summary of capital expenditure
5. Summary of Personnel expenditure
6. Summary of recurrent expenditure
and so on.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Demdem(m): 10:35am On Jan 16, 2013
thelastPope:

Every state has a good budget. There is no state without a good budget. The problem of Nigeria has never been about good budgets. It is about implementation. You keep making these mistakes. Lagos state budget is not better itemized than Borno state budget. It is how each state implements their budget that is important.

Then fault the budget as regards what is on ground. You now have access to 2012 budget, now fault what is on ground to what was stated in that budget. That will be a wonderful thread than this miserable one. Asking questions and demanding answers on an assumption isnt the way to go IMO. i also want proper accountability all over the states.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by kenlash: 10:36am On Jan 16, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
These silly comments cannot stop Lagosians or by extension Nigerians from asking the right questions.
I would advice u change d topic and make it more general rather than single out lgos state . butt licker
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by thelastPope(m): 10:37am On Jan 16, 2013
Guk:

Check your PC or internet connection. I just downloded the PDF file. Unfortunately, its too big to upload on nairaland. http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/subpage.php?k=35

If after reading the document and u dont give kudos to LASG, then you are bn downright mischievous

That link is a financial summery not a budget breakdown. There are no details of expenditure there!
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Demdem(m): 10:38am On Jan 16, 2013
revolt: cos its govt duty to provide those resources so as to avoid any distraction from informalissues. its not a private firm hes running its a govt

so basically, if Fashola decides to feed his family and immediate aides from his personal purse and not govt purse because he would love to save cost, he has committed an impeachable offence right?
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by thelastPope(m): 10:38am On Jan 16, 2013
Demdem:

Then fault the budget as regards what is on ground. You now have access to 2012 budget, now fault what is on ground to what was stated in that budget. That will be a wonderful thread than this miserable one. Asking questions and demanding answers on an assumption isnt the way to go IMO. i also want proper accountability all over the states.

The goal of the thread is not to fault the budget. The goal of this thread is to find out how much LASG spends on entertainment or food or whatever subheading you classify it as. Demdem, stay on topic! cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Guk: 10:39am On Jan 16, 2013
thelastPope:

Sorry, i do not agree with the position that "Every state has a good budget" Please read here http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/states-budgets-wrong-priorities-pathetic-outcomes-1-/120917/ and http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/state-budgets-wrong-priorities-pathetic-outcomes-2-/121428/

A lot of states in Nigeria write budgets to fulfil all righteousness. Most of the budgets were never planned to be followed. Please read Bauchi state budget for 2012 http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/bauchi-s-hopeless-budget/113600/ This state budgeted 19.4 billion for just 19,000 stundents, thats =N=1m per student WOW!!!!!
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by kutchs: 10:43am On Jan 16, 2013
All these fashola and acn apologists here are not doing their principals‘ image any good. The op asked a very simple question what is the budget of LAGS on food and people are trying to derail it.
There are only two options to it:
(1) Give us the budget if you have.
(2) Shut up if you dont.
As the Jonathan led fg has been clean and sincere enough to tell us what it feeds with all state governments should do same too especially the self acclaimed righteous ones.
At least citizens deserve to know what it costs them to sustain their govts.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by thelastPope(m): 10:46am On Jan 16, 2013
I cant get the governors details from any of those links, They have been omitted. But this is a close one:

LASG Set of Books Date: 09-MAR-12 16:02:42
SUMMARY OF PERSONNEL EXPENDITURE BY AGENCY

Provision
AS AT DEC 2012

N405,027,845.00

hmmm! We getting close
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by thelastPope(m): 10:48am On Jan 16, 2013
Guk:

Sorry, i do not agree with the position that "Every state has a good budget" Please read here http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/states-budgets-wrong-priorities-pathetic-outcomes-1-/120917/ and http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/state-budgets-wrong-priorities-pathetic-outcomes-2-/121428/

A lot of states in Nigeria write budgets to fulfil all righteousness. Most of the budgets were never planned to be followed. Please read Bauchi state budget for 2012 http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/bauchi-s-hopeless-budget/113600/ This state budgeted 19.4 billion for just 19,000 stundents, thats =N=1m per student WOW!!!!!

That is not how to fault a budget. What is important to each state is very different. You and I might not like it but that is the way it is. Many of those states fully sponsor their students to try and force them to get good education else they will not even have 1 graduate in 5 years.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Guk: 10:48am On Jan 16, 2013
kutchs: All these fashola and acn apologists here are not doing their principals‘ image any good. The op asked a very simple question what is the budget of LAGS on food and people are trying to derail it.
There are only two options to it:
(1) Give us the budget if you have.
(2) Shut up if you dont.
As the Jonathan led fg has been clean and sincere enough to tell us what it feeds with all state governments should do same too especially the self acclaimed righteous ones.
At least citizens deserve to know what it costs them to sustain their govts.

@kutchs, you are the simpleton. pls educate yourself before u post online.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lagos-sound-govt-sensible-budget/114107/
http://mobile.saharareporters.com/article/lagos-sound-government-sensible-budget
"Lagos state is one of the few in the country which has a well detailed and structured budget made available to the public on the state Government’s website which is fully functional. The budgets are properly explained and broken down by the MDAs with expenditures and revenues properly accounted for. Also, the state posts its budget performance reviews online which indicates transparency and accountability in governance. It is ironic that even with the enactment of freedom of information and fiscal responsibility acts, most State Governments still hide their budgets and breakdowns from the citizens of their states and the general public."
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Demdem(m): 10:51am On Jan 16, 2013
thelastPope:

The goal of the thread is not to fault the budget. The goal of this thread is to find out how much LASG spends on entertainment or food or whatever subheading you classify it as. Demdem, stay on topic! cheesy

Actually that post of mine u qouted was a response to urs that went off from the topic itself.
When u say entertainment, what do u mean? who is fashola entertaining? We have seen pictures of fashola receiving guests and he doesnt entertain. u will need to prove that fashola entertains probably with fanta or coke or lacasera and then ask how much he used to purchase such in a financial year. Again take a look at fashola receiving another visitor. Not even water. The place is not even configured for such. so simple.

Come to think of it, na wa for fashola ooooo, haba grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

PDP Wasted Nigeria’s Resources – Dogara / Ajimobi Flags-off Reactivation Of Oyo-ogbomosho Road Project / Ondo APC Governorship Aspirants Woo Delegates With N300k, N500k Each - Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.