Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,696 members, 7,834,318 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Tribal Marks: Are They Bad? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tribal Marks: Are They Bad? (3983 Views)

Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You / OMG! Proud Mum-to-be Shows Off Her Pregnancy Stretch Marks / Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tribal Marks: Are They Bad? by greatgod2012(f): 1:20pm On Feb 14, 2013
slimyem: Though it was given as symbols of beautification amongst other things back in the days,i don't see anything beautiful about tribal marks.
I have never met anyone with tribal marks who sees it as a thing of pride or something to bless their children with.
I have an aunt and uncle with tribal marks and they really would have been better off without it
If scars are not cool,then tribal marks is a sorrier sentenceundecided
It is BAD,BAD,BAD!!!
It is cruelty to deface a helpless person like that!
Besides,in a country that's trying to rise above ethnicity and tribalism,i think its okay that the practice is slowly fading away.

thank you, had it been d op is defaced with tribal marks, he wont come here and say tribal markes makes one beautiful.
Re: Tribal Marks: Are They Bad? by scarred: 5:16pm On Feb 14, 2013
Are they good...?
Re: Tribal Marks: Are They Bad? by JallowBah(f): 12:37am On Feb 15, 2013
greatgod2012: ^^
yes, i have, 16 long marks on each of my cheek.

Hope that satisfy your curiosity.

I hope you are serious. Cause I would love to see it.

In my culture, people do scarifications on their body, some on the face, because they find it beautiful. It is not part of showing which ethnic group you belong to, it is just for what they consider beauty. Like this:

I wish people would continue doing it, but that it would be at an age where people can decide for them self to do so or not.
Re: Tribal Marks: Are They Bad? by greatgod2012(f): 12:57am On Feb 15, 2013
^^
dont mind that guy jare........i was only being sacarstic. How can i have tribal marks in this modern age, that would have been d greatest offence i wouldnt even think i will ever forgive my parents for, if i have tribal marks.......the thing is just wickedness and barbaric to me.
May God help us all.
Re: Tribal Marks: Are They Bad? by Nobody: 1:51am On Feb 15, 2013
JallowBah:

Strangely I like her patterned scarring. Possibly because it's not on her face, and it was most likely by choice.
Re: Tribal Marks: Are They Bad? by specialguest(f): 2:26pm On Feb 16, 2013
I dislike tribal marks. Its a no no for me. However for people who grew up to realize their parents had torn their faces as infants i ask that you forgive them.
Besides asides from indentification what are the benefits of those scars called tribal marks on a face?
Re: Tribal Marks: Are They Bad? by jmoore(m): 6:53pm On Feb 16, 2013
@op come let me design your face with tribal marks then you will know.
Re: Tribal Marks: Are They Bad? by kaze4blues(m): 5:32am On Feb 17, 2013
specialguest: I dislike tribal marks. Its a no no for me. However for people who grew up to realize their parents had torn their faces as infants i ask that you forgive them.
Besides asides from indentification what are the benefits of those scars called tribal marks on a face?

Aside from identification, some ppl claim tribal marks re for beautification.

Even though I strongly doubt dat claim....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can U Marry A Lady Dat Isnt Ready To Drop Her Surname / Can We Please Help Our Girls / Tribal Mark Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.