Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,081 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Defence Minister Collapsed At Armed Forces Remembrance Day - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defence Minister Collapsed At Armed Forces Remembrance Day (30788 Views)

Kano State Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2016 - Photos / 2016 Armed Forces Remembrance Day Celebration - Photos / A Building Collapsed At Gwarimpa In Abuja - 1 Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Defence Minister Collapsed At Armed Forces Remembrance Day by Nobody: 1:00am On Jan 16, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^The first hidden post was mad funny.....had me in stiches. grin

Biko what did it say,you can modify after I read it
Re: Defence Minister Collapsed At Armed Forces Remembrance Day by Nobody: 1:16am On Jan 16, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^The first hidden post was mad funny.....had me in stiches. grin

why won't it have u in stitches? Your brain sure needs stitching! PROUD-IGBO-OLODO-OLORIBURUKU!!! Now ur name is complete!

1 Like

Re: Defence Minister Collapsed At Armed Forces Remembrance Day by tutu1: 1:17am On Jan 16, 2013
So them no give her security briefing about event, a whole defence minister, at least she should have an idea of what to expect anyway thank God it wasn't worse.
Re: Defence Minister Collapsed At Armed Forces Remembrance Day by Adejoro74: 1:50am On Jan 16, 2013
Not surprised. The minister is yoruba. Cowards die before death comes. Try Dora Akunyili for strenght.
Re: Defence Minister Collapsed At Armed Forces Remembrance Day by bigsheg(m): 2:15am On Jan 16, 2013
donroxy: Ma post has gone wetin i do!!!

Ow k oooo........ ThanGod for Erele obada's Life!!!!

Hope u won't hide this!!!?
Cant fathom why Seun and hes MODS cant allow "free speech" on this medium! The number of hidden posts is startling! Like a renowned Intellectual opined "i might not like what you are saying but i will defend with the LAST DROP of my BLOOD your right to say it".You might as well hide this too.
Re: Defence Minister Collapsed At Armed Forces Remembrance Day by nduchucks: 2:15am On Jan 16, 2013
Upon further review, it appears that the minister's collapse may have been caused by a diabetes related low sugar condition. Its time to stop making fun of this lady.

Re: Defence Minister Collapsed At Armed Forces Remembrance Day by bigsheg(m): 2:26am On Jan 16, 2013
thierylee: Do we really have to trust and/or use this host site,NAIRALAND?why is it that they tend to block out most of the post from good nigerian whenever they are commenting on delicate state issues from certain national news reports from their own website?Why the provision for comments when the webmaster wouldn't publish most of the minds of nigerian posting them?.what seems to be the problem?Is it that nairaland owners are hypocrits or that they are playing the same wing.Maybe they are afraid that they would incur the animosity of the government when they publish most of critical remarks from good nigerians(critics).Whatever the case maybe,i think nairaland does not deserve the trust of its subscribers(nigerians).I mean why do we waste our time to comment on a site about national issues when our voices will never be heard?Nigerians should please look into this matter because it seems that nairaland does not have the interest of nigerian at heart, but they are exclusively out to make money...that is if they'll publish this post at the first place.
i cant but agree with you...there is an evolving TYRANY on nairaland.The Social media is a deregulated zone for the convergence of diiverse views,we will soon kick start a MASSIVE BOYCOTT of the medium.Nansense
Re: Defence Minister Collapsed At Armed Forces Remembrance Day by Jonnysteve: 3:01am On Jan 16, 2013
Lol.....wetin dey scare her,guilty consience......no peace 4 d wicked
Re: Defence Minister Collapsed At Armed Forces Remembrance Day by azyaq(m): 3:07am On Jan 16, 2013
Ignatio: Too many hidden posts. Trolls I guess. Btw someone that collapses at the sound of artillery fire is not fit to be our defence minister.
you av spoken well kip it up, no more comment
Re: Defence Minister Collapsed At Armed Forces Remembrance Day by trainingict: 4:00am On Jan 16, 2013
Nairalanders,

There is no offence when some aggrieved and marginalised Nigerians come to Nairaland to vent their angers. You know them on comments on some musicians or author that are/is not aggrieved and marginalised as they are.Whenever anything is written on their fellow, you can see them with best comments. Nigerian best forum (www.nigerianbestforum.com)where their brother is the moderator is there for them. They should leave this forum for matured and objective analysis of issues. When an individual is promoted or eulogised, they are quick to ask where he/she is from. Ideas and objectivity are major trait of a developed mind

What is wrong with somebody (female)collapsing at the remeberance arcade? Is defence minister or command in chief of the armed forces a military career office? I have a Military service experience. How many females are involved in infantry or combantant activities apart from essential services? How many of them are in Iraq or will be going to Mali? Don't worry 2015 is sure.

1 Like

Re: Defence Minister Collapsed At Armed Forces Remembrance Day by trainingict: 4:07am On Jan 16, 2013
Nairalanders,

There is no offence when some aggrieved and marginalised Nigerians come to Nairaland to vent their angers. You know them on comments on some musicians or author that are/is not aggrieved and marginalised as they are.Whenever anything is written on their fellow, you can see them with best comments. Nigerian best forum (www.nigerianbestforum.com)where their brother is the moderator is there for them. They should leave this forum for matured and objective analysis of issues. When an individual is promoted or eulogised, they are quick to ask where he/she is from. Ideas and objectivity are major trait of a developed mind

What is wrong with somebody (female)collapsing at the remeberance arcade? Is defence minister or commander in chief of the armed forces a military career office? I have a Military service experience. How many females are involved in infantry or combantant activities apart from essential services? How many of them are in Iraq or will be going to Mali? Don't worry 2015 is sure
Re: Defence Minister Collapsed At Armed Forces Remembrance Day by trainingict: 4:15am On Jan 16, 2013
thierylee: Do we really have to trust and/or use this host site,NAIRALAND?why is it that they tend to block out most of the post from good nigerian whenever they are commenting on delicate state issues from certain national news reports from their own website?Why the provision for comments when the webmaster wouldn't publish most of the minds of nigerian posting them?.what seems to be the problem?Is it that nairaland owners are hypocrits or that they are playing the same wing.Maybe they are afraid that they would incur the animosity of the government when they publish most of critical remarks from good nigerians(critics).Whatever the case maybe,i think nairaland does not deserve the trust of its subscribers(nigerians).I mean why do we waste our time to comment on a site about national issues when our voices will never be heard?Nigerians should please look into this matter because it seems that nairaland does not have the interest of nigerian at heart, but they are exclusively out to make money...that is if they'll publish this post at the first place.

You people should boycott this site for www.nigerianbestforum.com where your brother is the moderator and write an uninformed and unintelligently biased view of national issues against your perceived opponents. This will give a cleaner nairanland site for some elites to make comments.

1 Like

Re: Defence Minister Collapsed At Armed Forces Remembrance Day by jadakiss213(m): 4:26am On Jan 16, 2013
berem: mumu it's pidgin not pigeon. pigeon ko! tolotolo ni! mtscheew
ahn ahn..u and ur bad mouth! u no jes pity d dude.
Re: Defence Minister Collapsed At Armed Forces Remembrance Day by Igweka(m): 5:10am On Jan 16, 2013
If she is 4rm south East,they will sack her,eg. Comptroller general of Immigration.
Re: Defence Minister Collapsed At Armed Forces Remembrance Day by ibsureboy: 5:15am On Jan 16, 2013
Say what,Say what..... anything can happen.........I comment my reserve
Re: Defence Minister Collapsed At Armed Forces Remembrance Day by talktimi(m): 5:36am On Jan 16, 2013
From my understanding of such ceremonies, weapons are not fired sporadically but in an organised fashion. Btw her protocol officer should have informed/warned her before hand. Very shameful
Re: Defence Minister Collapsed At Armed Forces Remembrance Day by ujchief(m): 6:13am On Jan 16, 2013
Why do we have minister of state for many of the ministries? We'v got minister of education and minister of state for education, same for power, defence, health and many more. This is a waste of taxpayers money, as they run parallel responsibilities.
They should scrap them, alongside other ministries with no portfolio and debatable responsbilities; eg minister/ministry of labour and productivity, aviation should be integrated with ministry of transport, economic planing should be integrated with ministry of economics and so on.
Re: Defence Minister Collapsed At Armed Forces Remembrance Day by Azukaorji(m): 6:24am On Jan 16, 2013
lekanolas: Nigeria's Defence Minister Falls To Artillery Fire

Minister of State for Defence, Erelu Olusola Obada, collapsed into the hands of military officers today when the deafening sounds of artillery fire reverberated in celebration of the Armed Forces Remembrance Day in Abuja.
Reports claimed that there was no announcement, as is usual on such an occasion, before the artillery fire rented the air.
The development was said to have startled the minister, who slumped, before her military aides jumped to her rescue.
After regaining her composure, Erelu Obada came back to lay a wreath at the Remembrance Arcade.
Later yesterday afternoon, Obada, who looked hale and hearty, was in the State House with Coordinating Minister of the Economy and Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala when President Goodluck Jonathan met with Vice President of the World Bank, Murkhtar Diop.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/gbam-and-defence-minister-falls-to-artillery-fire/
.........guy dat one na insult oooo,,,,...imagine in a country of strong fufu and garri eatn country...:Dso na woman we no go fit defend her self dey manage our defence ministry....hahahaha,...nija i dey follow OBJ laphcheesycheesycheesy
Re: Defence Minister Collapsed At Armed Forces Remembrance Day by Fabianoribhabor: 6:36am On Jan 16, 2013
Defense minister collapse on artillery fire sound?4 dis country? Na wa o,hmmmmmmm.
Re: Defence Minister Collapsed At Armed Forces Remembrance Day by timowale: 6:43am On Jan 16, 2013
oluwaisaac: A disgrace to Nigeria in its criteria of selecting ministers. How can a defence minister be a weakling when we have so many competent people...? I expect her resignation letter on the president's table at dawn!

resignation?not here in Nigeria.
may be in much saner societies.
Re: Defence Minister Collapsed At Armed Forces Remembrance Day by Groundzero1: 6:48am On Jan 16, 2013
vanstanzy:

I don't think the woman ever been to war before. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
There is a difference btw havin d inborn lov for d military and mere academic opportunity. He is not a military birth birth and inclination. Na academic opportunist. Breeze don blow,we don see fowl nyash
Re: Defence Minister Collapsed At Armed Forces Remembrance Day by ABUGEORGE(m): 7:05am On Jan 16, 2013
how do u expect dis country to be better, even nairaland dey hide people post.
Re: Defence Minister Collapsed At Armed Forces Remembrance Day by Afam4eva(m): 7:07am On Jan 16, 2013
wesley80:
She's actually the "minister of state for defence" not the defence minister.
What's the difference apart from the fact that her portfolio is probaably smaller compared to that of the real minister.?
Re: Defence Minister Collapsed At Armed Forces Remembrance Day by naptu2: 7:13am On Jan 16, 2013
The defence minister is usually a civilian and does not need to have a military background. It was because of the aberration called military rule that made us witness a situation where military officers were appointed as ministers of defence.

Mallam Ribadu, who was minister of defence in the first republic, had no military experience. To the best of my knowledge, the only minister of defence that we've had during civilian rule that has had military experience is Lieutenant General T.Y Danjuma.
Re: Defence Minister Collapsed At Armed Forces Remembrance Day by Venus1: 7:17am On Jan 16, 2013
Ha, I can't shout
Re: Defence Minister Collapsed At Armed Forces Remembrance Day by Akeud(m): 7:20am On Jan 16, 2013
shiftbutton: Minister of defense faint for sounds in a celebration, wat of she face boko harram bomb like our xtian brothers in the north, na em b say na RIP. But defense minister is suppose to defend us rite? Wahala de.
[color=]
shiftbutton: Minister of defense faint for sounds in a celebration, wat of she face boko harram bomb like our xtian brothers in the north, na em b say na RIP. But defense minister is suppose to defend us rite? Wahala de.
[/color]
Guy u ar very correcu.
Re: Defence Minister Collapsed At Armed Forces Remembrance Day by Revolva(m): 7:26am On Jan 16, 2013
Minister of defence a woman!!! Haha what a funny country where everything is done with sentiment..I think them say what a man can do a woman can do better!!!
Hahahha that's shows she in incapable of defending a nation...maybe if she hear banger or knockout for xmas celebration she go slump also
Re: Defence Minister Collapsed At Armed Forces Remembrance Day by Akeud(m): 7:27am On Jan 16, 2013
wonders shall never end.
Re: Defence Minister Collapsed At Armed Forces Remembrance Day by DonaldGenes(m): 7:33am On Jan 16, 2013
Eyaaaaaaa.com
Re: Defence Minister Collapsed At Armed Forces Remembrance Day by econome(m): 7:38am On Jan 16, 2013
albino weh deh work for agege-bread bakery....

1 Like

Re: Defence Minister Collapsed At Armed Forces Remembrance Day by DonaldGenes(m): 7:45am On Jan 16, 2013
Atimes,I don't blame them,no be toooo much money dey cause am?
Re: Defence Minister Collapsed At Armed Forces Remembrance Day by goldng: 7:57am On Jan 16, 2013
Thank God she is alife.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

”seek Other Avenues For Your Relevance”: Nigeria Army Blasts Gov Fayose / Proscribed Ipob Members Storm The Road With Flags In Ebonyi(photos) / FG To Auction Diezani’s $40m Jewellery And Houses At Actual Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.