Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Can You Elope With Your Lover At The Expense Of Your Career - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Elope With Your Lover At The Expense Of Your Career (6136 Views)

Can U Elope Wit Ur Lover? / No Guy As Ever Asked Me Out!!!no True Lover At 17...wat Is Wrng Wit Me??? / Why Do Reasonable People Elope? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Elope With Your Lover At The Expense Of Your Career by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jan 16, 2013
ItsModella:

.....there's nothing left for me to say.
Re: Can You Elope With Your Lover At The Expense Of Your Career by anitank(f): 5:55pm On Jan 16, 2013
A potential medical doctor trying to elope with a guy who's still struggling to survive
Please help me slap REALITY back into her eyes. If u can't, bring her to me. Just one dirty hot slap will do
Re: Can You Elope With Your Lover At The Expense Of Your Career by KINGwax(m): 5:56pm On Jan 16, 2013
Re: Can You Elope With Your Lover At The Expense Of Your Career by KINGwax(m): 5:56pm On Jan 16, 2013
Ds almost happened in 2006. The girl who wanna leave na the same girl wey fucck up! Na another guy disvirgin her for school. I no kuku angry, i jes did my share and laid her off in 2010
Re: Can You Elope With Your Lover At The Expense Of Your Career by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 16, 2013
Abeg who produce this movie?
Re: Can You Elope With Your Lover At The Expense Of Your Career by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 16, 2013
madan: Hi my fellow nairalanders! I just want to know your take on this cus someone really close to me is about to do this. She's so crazy about her lover despite her parent's warnings. Her parents see the guy as not good enough for her considering their social status. This guy is from a very poor background and a drop out, still struggling to survive. He lives with a friend in Ikorodu, who is a driver in a water factory. Her parents have threatened to stop her education because of this relationship. But my friend doesn't give a kick about that knowing that she could destroy her dreams of becoming a Medical Doctor. She just want to be with this guy forever. Now she plans to elope with the guy. Is this rational? Please, what do you think?

The sexx couldn't be that good that a girl in school would take leave of her senses and ruin her life
Imagine planning to run away with a man squatting in someone's shack,a drop out and throw her life away
I have a cousin that did this and today she is a mess
She was in a prestigious private school and somehow met this efulefu that sells signs and got deekmatized by him
You knows those people that wear slippers to walk the whole length and breadth of a city carrying signs and stickers that read " Jesus is my driver"," my enemies shall live to see what I will become" etc
My aunt,a single mother did all she could to prevent her and she ran away finally with this eediot,next time they saw her,the girl was already heavily pregnant
The man couldn't even afford bride price and they basically started living as man and wife in some ghetto part of town,she was barely 16 or 17
The day of the baby christening my aunt had to give her clothes to wear and gele for her head that is how wretched her life was.
This was many years ago
SHe didn't finish secondary school
No university education,probably selling rotten tomatoes at a motor park
She now has 4 or 6 kids,I stopped counting
And her husband is still the same slippers wearing sign seller begging for food to feed his family
That is the path your friend is about to walk down

1 Like

Re: Can You Elope With Your Lover At The Expense Of Your Career by Idowuogbo(f): 6:02pm On Jan 16, 2013
Richfella: Abeg who produce this movie?
Kanayo.O.Kanayo
Re: Can You Elope With Your Lover At The Expense Of Your Career by Sweetapple007(f): 6:03pm On Jan 16, 2013
Love mean's taking away every thing without a reserve. If this guy can not meet up to responsibility as her parent forseen, make she saap because this one no bi luvooo!.
Re: Can You Elope With Your Lover At The Expense Of Your Career by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 16, 2013
binger: This reminds me of nollywood movies where Sen. Danjuma's daughter(Omotola)meets and falls in love with a mechanic(Emeka ike)...btw,flip the situation,would the guy(if he were in her shoes) compromise his career for the girl's love? He wouldn't.#fact
seems these nollywood guys dey copy each other sef., it also reminds me of one where ini edo (a rich man's daughter) falls in love with Desmond Elliott, a mechanic.
Re: Can You Elope With Your Lover At The Expense Of Your Career by Pelummy(f): 6:26pm On Jan 16, 2013
No sir,pls come teacch me
Brymo: ,,av u eva bin in lov?
Re: Can You Elope With Your Lover At The Expense Of Your Career by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 16, 2013
saxywale:
seems these nollywood guys dey copy each other sef., it also reminds me of one where ini edo (a rich man's daughter) falls in love with Desmond Elliott, a mechanic.
GBAGAM!! I've seen the movie...very stu.pid movie IMO.
Re: Can You Elope With Your Lover At The Expense Of Your Career by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 16, 2013
e clear say she dey act bollywood!
Re: Can You Elope With Your Lover At The Expense Of Your Career by chucky234(m): 6:38pm On Jan 16, 2013
Elope with lover,hmmmm by the time hungry mama you no be person go remind you say your job come first for this our harsh economy.
Re: Can You Elope With Your Lover At The Expense Of Your Career by Theloveth(m): 6:44pm On Jan 16, 2013
ItsModella:
GBAGAM!! I've seen the movie...very stu.pid movie IMO.
even at that...Desmond elliot sabi book in that movie i think
Re: Can You Elope With Your Lover At The Expense Of Your Career by Theloveth(m): 6:46pm On Jan 16, 2013
@poster sit her down and give her three dirty slaps,the juju or idiocy go vanish for her eye.....yeyenatu!
Re: Can You Elope With Your Lover At The Expense Of Your Career by AdeniyiA(m): 6:51pm On Jan 16, 2013
when all d 'gra-gra' luv comot for her eyes she go know ao far.
1 vry impt attribute/gift God gav human being is 'choice power' n wil neva force any1 to mak a choice,because we av d power n d grace to choose right or wrong.Our choices n dea outcomes neva add to or remov from God bt 4 our benefits or odawise.
2 words are most regretable,painful n suicidal in life, they ar;
1. had i known
2. i have been told but i did not listen
may God help us not to miss it in life.
he who has ears let him hear...
Re: Can You Elope With Your Lover At The Expense Of Your Career by Truckpusher(m): 7:21pm On Jan 16, 2013
Sorry sir! But I think your friend is an eediot grin grin grin grin
Re: Can You Elope With Your Lover At The Expense Of Your Career by vanstanzy(m): 7:24pm On Jan 16, 2013
If u re planning on eloping... don't, its not worth it.
Re: Can You Elope With Your Lover At The Expense Of Your Career by vanstanzy(m): 7:41pm On Jan 16, 2013
madan: Hi my fellow nairalanders! I just want to know your take on this cus someone really close to me is about to do this. She's so crazy about her lover despite her parent's warnings. Her parents see the guy as not good enough for her considering their social status. This guy is from a very poor background and a drop out, still struggling to survive. He lives with a friend in Ikorodu, who is a driver in a water factory. Her parents have threatened to stop her education because of this relationship. But my friend doesn't give a kick about that knowing that she could destroy her dreams of becoming a Medical Doctor. She just want to be with this guy forever. Now she plans to elope with the guy. Is this rational? Please, what do you think?

ITS NOT WORTH IT O.
Re: Can You Elope With Your Lover At The Expense Of Your Career by ujoatu(m): 8:03pm On Jan 16, 2013
Abi she be antELOPE?

Re: Can You Elope With Your Lover At The Expense Of Your Career by Kslib(m): 8:05pm On Jan 16, 2013
Na too much of INDIAN FILM dey deceive the girl..

1 Like

Re: Can You Elope With Your Lover At The Expense Of Your Career by danot1030: 8:22pm On Jan 16, 2013
I beg help me inform that your friend that she's about to sign appointment with a regrettable future and that we all will be waiting to hear the outcome...
Re: Can You Elope With Your Lover At The Expense Of Your Career by Localamos(m): 8:41pm On Jan 16, 2013
Yomieluv: Are people still this dumb?in 2013 u want to elope cos of one stup1d love?

This guy sounds like a wounded lion!

Btw, I suspect this chick is taking this (rather ridiculous) decision in reaction to her parents' insensitive stance.

Truth be told hardly would parents consent for their educated daughter to marry a semi literate, especially if the guy is a 'NFA'. However, parents should learn to be sensitive to their children's feelings. This would enable them know how best to persuade their daughter and for her to see things in their perspective.
Re: Can You Elope With Your Lover At The Expense Of Your Career by AGgal(f): 10:54pm On Jan 16, 2013
Yes i can,if am given dat role 2 play in nollywood
Re: Can You Elope With Your Lover At The Expense Of Your Career by Xunxhine(m): 11:10pm On Jan 16, 2013
If its luv, d guy wouldn't allow that 2 happen, stayin is the best for bothe of them. She shiuld help him get back at his feet, not get dragged into another life of poverty. Staying is the best oh, for them and for you.
Re: Can You Elope With Your Lover At The Expense Of Your Career by AdonisUgeeseus(m): 11:19pm On Jan 16, 2013
Yomieluv: Are people still this dumb?in 2013 u want to elope cos of one stup1d love?

Love has gone beyond dating a guy cos of affection only,but ensuring the guy is capable of meeting up with responsibilities. Her parents want the best for her,since they know better.she better heed their warning,or she comes back regretting it.no guy,or girl is worth risking career for in this present age.
so u'd rather idolize ur career&ditch luv in d process.The truth is dat neither luv nor a colorful career is everything,but when u lose urself in a career u'd find urself alone at 40(and above) probably with a child born out of wedlock and feeling utterly empty.
Re: Can You Elope With Your Lover At The Expense Of Your Career by butta(m): 11:36pm On Jan 16, 2013
grin pls let her elope with her bobo experience they say is the best teacher
Re: Can You Elope With Your Lover At The Expense Of Your Career by maclatunji: 12:21am On Jan 17, 2013
OP, you have a solemn duty to save your friend from herself. Don't condemn her when you talk to her: simply ask her some questions and let her answer from her heart no matter how stupid it may seem to you

1. Why do you love this guy so much?

2. Where do you intend to stay if you run away with him?

3. How will you feed?

4. Do you think that your 'love' will survive when you are hungry and homeless? As your parents will stop supporting you when you elope.

5. You are about to throw a promising career in Medicine away, what alternative do you have for your future and how viable is it?

6. Do you realise that if you elope with your lover and for whatever reason he dumps you, you have no where to go?

Let her answer these questions. They are meant to plant doubt in her heart. Gently water those seeds of doubt in her heart, use tact.

Connect with her mother or any other woman she trusts to help reinforce your points. Let her know that you understand that what she feels for the guy is special- a woman is bound to want to be with a man who 'loves' her the way she wants- don't try and tell her it is not a great feeling- it is for her.

However, let her know that the 'great feeling' is unsustainable and is about to wreck her. She needs to be strong and begin to break free of it.

You can do this- please try. A life is a terrible thing to waste.
Re: Can You Elope With Your Lover At The Expense Of Your Career by tomakint: 12:34am On Jan 17, 2013
@ Op, Did u just mentioned 'Ikorodu' abeg that ur friend don enter one chance! I will advise u to seek spiritual help for her asap before it becomes too late. Indeed, 'heavy juju' is at work here! The best thing is for her parents to go meet this 'guy' and give him a piece of their mind to steer clear of their daughter or better still involve the police! cool
Re: Can You Elope With Your Lover At The Expense Of Your Career by collinsn007(m): 3:22am On Jan 17, 2013
ItsModella:
abegi, spare us the emotional crap.
funny very funny pple dnt undastd wat love is or love itself 2 bad maybe u tink its all bout emotions i pray God will open ur eyes 2 love though am nt sayin dat 1 shld be foolish bt love is all bout sacrifice ok 4 example Christ left his position in heaven as God n came down 4 u n me wat i will say is she use herself 2 help d guy in question 2 be a beta person dats wat love is all bout sacrificin 4 d a greater gud
Re: Can You Elope With Your Lover At The Expense Of Your Career by Nobody: 3:32am On Jan 17, 2013
collinsn007: funny very funny pple dnt undastd wat love is or love itself 2 bad maybe u tink its all bout emotions i pray God will open ur eyes 2 love though am nt sayin dat 1 shld be foolish bt love is all bout sacrifice ok 4 example Christ left his position in heaven as God n came down 4 u n me wat i will say is she use herself 2 help d guy in question 2 be a beta person dats wat love is all bout sacrificin 4 d a greater gud
Re: Can You Elope With Your Lover At The Expense Of Your Career by collinsn007(m): 4:13am On Jan 17, 2013
ujoatu: Abi she be antELOPE?
grin lmao

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ladies, Can You Date A Guy Who You Know Has A Girlfriend? / I Commited Shameful Act With My 15 Years Old Younger Sister, Now She Is Blackmai / My crazy Unclad pics - sure to break rules with this (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.