Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

My Girlfriend Just Lost Her Mum - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Just Lost Her Mum (2126 Views)

10 Signs Your Girlfriend Just Slept With Someone Else / Reasons Why Every Nigerian Girl Says She Lost Her Virginity Via Rape / My White Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend Just Lost Her Mum by mrjojo: 11:42pm On Jan 16, 2013
Hello house, just received a text from my girlfriend informing me of this news...Called her; she is so DOWN....Please i need advice on what to do , cos am practically blank now, i don't even know what to say to her, text her... I need idea/help please.....Wanted to travel first thing tomorrow morning to meet her but, she was like i shouldn't come.... Have never been in this kind of situation before ooo, am "short of words and ideas"..
Re: My Girlfriend Just Lost Her Mum by Nobody: 2:57am On Jan 17, 2013
Go see her anyway.
Re: My Girlfriend Just Lost Her Mum by jesse8048(m): 3:58am On Jan 17, 2013
Keep calling regularly, don't go

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Just Lost Her Mum by Mynd44: 5:00am On Jan 17, 2013
You don't have to say much just call and ask if she id alright then keep a conversation with her and tell her to be strong even now and then. Be sure not to make the mother seem unimportant but ask her to look more into her life than her death as her mum will love to be remembered as a strong person

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Just Lost Her Mum by Exponental(m): 7:55am On Jan 17, 2013
Where are u guys? If not too far, ensure u visit her. Keep d calls going. Dont be romantic but be friendly. Dont be her lover, be her counsellor.....pelee!
Re: My Girlfriend Just Lost Her Mum by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 17, 2013
When I lost my Dad, my friend called me, and said I should cry on d phone...I shouldn't cut d call....and I cried well well!! When I cooled down... We talked a little... He kept calling at intervals.. Then he came d next day. Try that...it may work.
Re: My Girlfriend Just Lost Her Mum by olumaxi(m): 9:05am On Jan 17, 2013
D gal didnt want u to visit?..mayb she already knw u cant contribute anytin financialy dan to console..i'l advise u say ur comfortin words to ha on fone..pele
Re: My Girlfriend Just Lost Her Mum by fankasibe: 9:08am On Jan 17, 2013
Send her 1,500 naira rechearge card wit a condolence sms.
Re: My Girlfriend Just Lost Her Mum by Mynd44: 9:09am On Jan 17, 2013
olumaxi: D gal didnt want u to visit?..mayb she already knw u cant contribute anytin financialy dan to console..i'l advise u say ur comfortin words to ha on fone..pele
Great!!!
Re: My Girlfriend Just Lost Her Mum by dmcdad: 9:48am On Jan 17, 2013
olumaxi: D gal didnt want u to visit?..mayb she already knw u cant contribute anytin financialy dan to console..i'l advise u say ur comfortin words to ha on fone..pele
@bolded, is this about finances or about consolation? What makes you think the reason she told him not to come over was because of presumed lack of financial contribution? And, if that were to be the reason, then that would mean she is a complete pillock. This is about helping her get over the death of her mom emotionally, psychologically and otherwise and not about making financial contributions, cause there is no affinity whatsoever with this and making financial contributions. Jeez! Why do people think so meagre...

@Op, please do make sure you keep up with her as regards calling and texting her.. Let her know that, in as much as she loves her mother and would miss her in all spheres of life, she should yet take cognizance of the fact that no amount of cries would bring her back. Let her know you know the kinda emotional trauma she is going through at this point in time, yet she should learn to get over it as soon as possible, even though you know it would be very difficult to kill the memories just like that. Just say a couple of things and it's okay. And let her know God knows everything, she should just look up to him and accord the glory to him still.
Re: My Girlfriend Just Lost Her Mum by juman(m): 11:52am On Jan 17, 2013
tchidi: When I lost my Dad, my friend called me, and said I should cry on d phone...I shouldn't cut d call....and I cried well well!! When I cooled down... We talked a little... He kept calling at intervals.. Then he came d next day. Try that...it may work.

Hmmm. Life is vanity.
Re: My Girlfriend Just Lost Her Mum by Idowuogbo(f): 11:54am On Jan 17, 2013
olumaxi: D gal didnt want u to visit?..[b]mayb she already knw u cant contribute anytin financialy dan to console..[/b]i'l advise u say ur comfortin words to ha on fone..pele
stop chatting shyte!
Re: My Girlfriend Just Lost Her Mum by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 17, 2013
Please pay her a visit ASAP!

Your presence means more than a million bucks!
Re: My Girlfriend Just Lost Her Mum by olumaxi(m): 12:31pm On Jan 17, 2013
Idowuogbo:
stop chatting shyte!
wel nobody's opinion is scriptural..n it ll b beta u air ur own view on wats at stake..

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Women's Love Trap / Who Was Your Crush In Secondary School??? / If Your Girlfriend Dosent Know How To Cook,will You Marry Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.