Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,687 members, 7,816,798 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? (63304 Views)

Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth / Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? / King Solomon In The Bible And Bill Gates, Who Is The Richest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Oahray: 6:49pm On Jan 20, 2013
Lmao @ peeps trying so hard to paint Jews black so Igbos can come from them, or trying to yorubalize the Queen of Sheba to make themselves feel good.

I'd say its crap. Jews were never black at any time in history.

3 Likes

Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by niggadee(m): 7:01pm On Jan 20, 2013
Oahray: Lmao @ peeps trying so hard to paint Jews black so Igbos can come from them, or trying to yorubalize the Queen of Sheba to make themselves feel good.

I'd say its crap. Jews were never black at any time in history.
ethiopian are really negro hebrew Israelites
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Asiwaju9ja(m): 7:05pm On Jan 20, 2013
We are soo gullible king solomon ko oba lamidi ni
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Oahray: 7:07pm On Jan 20, 2013
baby_123: This is a very impressive story. She was definitely a woman of great importance, wealth and influence. Who exactly was she? The quran calls the queen of sheba Bilquis. Yoruba barstardization of bilqis is bilikisu. And that is what the locals call her. A wall spanning 100 miles, wow.The Ogun state government should take care of the site and make it a tourist center. Also invite better archeologists to make their experiments. This is a wonderful story, and something of pride even if found untrue. That a Yoruba woman could achieve all this. grin. Haters on this thread can drink poison. tongue. It is a UNESCO heritage site after all. Very impressive this bilikisu. But what else is to be expected from a Yoruba woman? wink
typical victim of skin-induced low self esteem. Racism has succeeded in rubbishing the black skin that people now believe that if a yoruba woman actually married King Solomon amongst 699 other wives and 300 concubines, its something worth celebrating. No b una fault. Mtscheeew *spits*

NB: the Queen of Sheba didnt even marry Solomon, and she wasnt Yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:08pm On Jan 20, 2013
maclatunji: Toba #Sorry. Question: What would a great queen like that of Sheba be looking for in the then thick forest of Ogun State? I know of what you speak of but it is more of the results of some people's active imagination.

It is as ludicrous as saying Oduduwa came from Mecca- brother please.

1st time in my life i agree with macla
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Oahray: 7:15pm On Jan 20, 2013
niggadee: ethiopian are really negro hebrew Israelites
Epic fail! Ethiopians descended from Cush, son of Ham, son of Noah.

On the other hand, the Jews are sons of Jacob who descended from Shem, son of Noah and brother of Ham.

1 Like

Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Damon03(m): 7:24pm On Jan 20, 2013
IYA NGBALI: who were you calling hediots?you are very sick
It is only an idi.ot that would find what I said insulting, u pathetic re.tard!
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Damon03(m): 7:25pm On Jan 20, 2013
Iyfe Namikaze:

*whiping tears from my eye*
The level of ilitracy in this country is alarming! This is why even our graduates are bunch of illitrates!!! Even our so called professors are nothing to write home about. Corruption,ignorance and foolishness has eaten into our system/heads to the point that we can't even discern an article written in simple english. Its hard to believe that these poeple commenting here realy have heads,and not coconuts on their shoulders.
But thanks to you,and some few people, there is a glimmer of hope.
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by whitefairy(f): 7:33pm On Jan 20, 2013
Exponental: Umfortunately, Nigeria was not recognised in d bible......case closed!
Remember,there was notin like Nigeria den o
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Samoo01: 7:36pm On Jan 20, 2013
"Arriving at the gate leading to the centre, it was
under lock and key, with over grown weeds and
pockets of new buildings under construction."

The above describes precisely what I witnessed the day I curiously drove towards the shrine to witness what's in there.

But I just called an elderly man, a retired auditor with Ogun State Government, who confirmed that he's been to the shrine at least 5 times with his first being in 1968.

I told him it's a very delicate issue that has to do with the sustenance of my job and he said I should go ahead and take his word for it.

He said cobwebs covered the woman's tomb, apparently to protect leaves from falling directly on it. And there are grown trees surrounding the place.

He was very emphatic and spoke with convictions.

So one can only hope the state government renovates and open the place for tourism.
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by ocephraim(m): 7:36pm On Jan 20, 2013
Birikisu was believed to have
supernatural powers. She was
believed to have dug pits
around the village with a mere
needle

c'mon!
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 20, 2013
Why is this news in 2013?! It will be near impossible to get to the bottom of who she really is since the locals won't allow any excavation to be done

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/607382.stm

As for those suggesting the place be turned to a tourist centre; good luck with that, a tourist place women can't visit undecided I can see it making beaucoup money lipsrsealed
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Image123(m): 7:48pm On Jan 20, 2013
But the queen of Sheba was not Solomon's wife. And she was the queen of Sheba, not the queen of Ogun.
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by yommy2sure(m): 8:15pm On Jan 20, 2013
Image123: But the queen of Sheba was not Solomon's wife. And she was the queen of Sheba, not the queen of Ogun.

Exactlym according to the Bible queen of Sheba wasn't one of Solomon's wives.....she was a powerful woman that heard of Solomon's wisdom and then paid him a vist and they exchanged gifts..then she left for her kingdom. Since she was known to travel wide..who knows if she truly sujourned through the land and died a d buried there. More research shld be carried out on this.will surely visit the tomb one day.
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 20, 2013
Reading all the comments on this thread has affirmed why I really need to get off this forum before I get infected with the low IQ having monkeys on here...

Firstly, the bible is a book of allegories plagiarised from the continent of Africa, and the book the bible was copied from was WRITTEN by BLACK PEOPLE and all the CHARACTERS IN THE BIBLE WERE BLACKS...

Secondly, Africa of the past included the whole of the so-called Middle East - the Brits cut it into two in the 18th century and labelled the other side Middle East...

Thirdly, there's no ARAB RACE - Arabs are a mix between white and blacks a la mixed race... So, asserting that any character in the Bible was Arab is just stupidity since no "Arab" existed on the planet at that point in history...

Lastly, the woman in question(Bilikisu Sungbo) probably migrated from Ethiopia/Sudan/Egypt area, since the whole area was called KUSH at that point in history - and there was no one living in West Africa then... All West Africans migrated from that axis...

And to the fools asking about how she got here - why can't you ask how Moors got to Europe during the dark ages and were able to colonise Europe for 800 years... Ask how Hannibal and his parents were able to migrate from Phoenicia(present day Lebanon) to Tunisia... Ask how Ashanti Kingdom in Ghana was able to trade with the Ancient China(in case you don't know, kente is from China).... Ask how Mansa Musa of Mali/Songhai Empire was able to trade his gold with all the countries in the world and how he became the richest man in the world....

Most Nigerians are RET>ARDED!!! *Sighs*

4 Likes

Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Yewe2011(m): 8:25pm On Jan 20, 2013
obadiah777: WHAT IS NOK ? AND LISTEN, I AM NOT SAYING THERE WAS ZERO POPULATION IN THE INTERIORS OF AFRICA DURING 70 AD. I AM SURE A FEW PEOPLE FROM THE NORTH EAST OF AFRICA MAY HAVE GOTTEN ADVENTUROUS AND WANDERED SOUTHWARDS INTO THE INTERIORS. HOWEVER SETTLEMENTS AND TRIBES AND COMMUNITIES OF PEOPLE DID NOT BEGIN TO ESTABLISH THERE UNTIL AFTER 70 AD. TAKE FOR EXAMPLE THE SOUTH HORN OF AFRICA OCCUPIED BY THE WHITES. WHEN THEY GOT TO THAT PART OF AFRICA THERE WAS VIRTUALLY NOBODY LIVING THERE. THIS IS WHY THEY SETTLED THERE. HOWEVER WHEN THE BLACKS GOT FURTHER SOUTH TO THE POINT WHERE THEIR PATHS MET IS WHERE THE TROUBLE STARTED. THE WHITES IN THE SOUTHERN HORN OF AFRICA GOT THERE BEFORE BLACKS REACHED THAT FAR SOUTH. AND THIS WAS ONLY 400 YEARS AGO IN THE 1600S. SO IF 400 YEARS AGO, THE SOUTHERN HORN OF AFRICA WAS UNOCCUPIED, CANT YOU SEE THAT THE CONTINENT ONLY GOT FULLY INHABITED AFTER 70 AD ?

SO TECHNICALLY YOU CAN SAY SOUTH AFRICA BELONGS TO WHITES.

you just lost all credibility with that in bold
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Yewe2011(m): 8:26pm On Jan 20, 2013
Sweetlemon:
Don't take everything you read in the bible literally. Ancient times authors are known for using a lot of illustrations and poetic words in their write ups to create drammatic effects.
It's called LITERATURE

yea obadiah7777 or whatever his name is is a biblical literalist and you can tell by the way he foolishly interprets the scriptures.
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by nex(m): 8:32pm On Jan 20, 2013
Everytime I see Africans brandishing their ignorance so glaringly, I realise how much work the Gentiles (Europeans/Oyibo) have put in to the propaganda of Europeanizing Jesus, God, and everyone else in the Bible.

I have written extensively on this, especially on Nairaland, so I won't be writing much.

Ask these Europeans where largest tribe of Israel, which they called 'Zebulun' is, they don't know. Yet, we have the Ozubulu people in Anambra state who were massively christianized during the missionary era.

Ask King James descendants where Sodom, or Ghomorrah was before they were destroyed, they will be guessing, meanwhile, the Ghomorrais are in Bayelsa today.

Tell them to show you where the people they call the Jebusites came from, they have no clue! But we know that in Ogun state, you have the Ijebus.

The first thing that fail African youths is their failure to understand that Jews (descendants of judah) are just one tribe from the family of Israel, and Israelis, are just a section of the Hebrew nation.

MOST IBOS ARE NOT DESCENDANTS OF JUDAH (JEWS), BUT A LOT OF THEM ARE FROM THE TRIBE OF ISRAEL, ESPECIALLY DESCENDANTS OF OZUBULU (ZEBULUN) AND OTHER FAMILIES AND TRIBES OF THE HEBREW NATION. The Jews, were a very migratory tribe amongst the the tribes of Israel, but other tribes of Israel, and also Hebrews were not.

All the original Hebrews were Africans! In fact, the first time any member of the Hebrew nation ever left the African continent, it was when Moses split the Red Sea. He was leading the the Jews and some other accompanying members of the tribe of Israel to the Promised Land, which was a new place. He wasn't taking them back home to where Joseph and his brothers were born.

A simple analysis to show this is that the tribes of Israel leaving Egypt had to cross a sea (meaning they were leaving the continent in which Egypt was). However, when Joseph's brothers were going to Egypt from their original land, did they ever cross any sea? No. They were originally from a land in the same continent as Egypt, between Cush and Nubia (modern Ethiopia and Sudan). Being migratory herdsmen, it iis clear that they must have journeyed from farther down the continent.

I cry at the ignorance of the people who laugh at those associating Africans to the Original Jews. But then, I must commend the European propaganda machine. It's not easy for the Original uncircumcized Gentiles to convert themselves to the Modern Day Jews and Israelis, and then convert the Original Jews, Israelis, and Hebrews to the modern day heathens.

Is it strange to find that a lot of African tribes practice similar traditions like circumcision, animal sacrifice, and age group ceremonies as described about the ancient Hebrews?

Even today, Hollywood tries to show Ancient Egyptians as Arabs, yet the Arabs in Egypt confess that they came to the land of Egypt 700 years ago, during the Islamic Jihad, and wiped out almost all the entire Original African inhibitants of Egypt for their refusal to embrace Islam. Aside from that, anyone can go into the pyramids in Egypt, the paintings are on the wall: brown-skinned Egyptian masters, and also brown-skinned slaves.

Therefore, if anyone says a queen from West Africa had a relationship with a king who was originally from Central Africa, it is most likely.

2 Likes

Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Yewe2011(m): 8:33pm On Jan 20, 2013
shymexx: Firstly, the bible is a book of allegories plagiarised from the continent of Africa, and the book the bible was copied from was WRITTEN by BLACK PEOPLE and all the CHARACTERS IN THE BIBLE WERE BLACKS...

How did you come to that conclusion?

shymexx:
Secondly, Africa of the past included the whole of the so-called Middle East - the Brits cut it into two in the 18th century and labelled the other side Middle East...

This is sheer stupidity.

shymexx:
Thirdly, there's no ARAB RACE - Arabs are a mix between white and blacks a la mixed race... So, asserting that any character in the Bible was Arab is just stupidity since no "Arab" existed on the planet at that point in history...

more conjecture. You weren't there and don't know who existed during Biblical times.

shymexx:
And to the fools asking about how she got here - why can't you ask how Moors got to Europe during the dark ages and were able to colonise Europe for 800 years... Ask how Hannibal and his parents were able to migrate from Phoenicia(present day Lebanon) to Tunisia... Ask how Ashanti Kingdom in Ghana was able to trade with the Ancient China(in case you don't know, kente is from China).... Ask how Mansa Musa of Mali/Songhai Empire was able to trade his gold with all the countries in the world and how he became the richest man in the world....

Moors have a recorded and documented history.

KENTE IS NOT FROM CHINA. THIS IS A BLASPHEOUS STATEMENT OT MAKE JUST STFU.

Do you know Kente cloth is made from Cotton...Cotton is a Savannah plant.

Look, idiot, your angering me.

I'm Ghanaian stop peddling lies..you Yoruba fool.

shymexx:
Most Nigerians are RET>ARDED!!! *Sighs*

you fit the description of a retarded Nigerian.
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by whitefairy(f): 8:36pm On Jan 20, 2013
naijababe: Why is this news in 2013?! It will be near impossible to get to the bottom of who she really is since the locals won't allow any excavation to be done

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/607382.stm

As for those suggesting the place be turned to a tourist centre; good luck with that, a tourist place women can't visit undecided I can see it making beaucoup money lipsrsealed
And dat is wht beats ♍ƺ,why can't women visit d tomb of anoda woman?
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Yewe2011(m): 8:37pm On Jan 20, 2013
niggadee: ethiopian are really negro hebrew Israelites

Ethiopia is a modern day nation-state that is comprised of a number of ethnic groups. None of them speaking Hebrew or referring to themselves as Negro.
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 20, 2013
Yewe2011:

[s]you just lost all credibility with that in bold[/s]

Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 20, 2013
Yewe2011:

[s]yea obadiah7777 or whatever his name is is a biblical literalist and you can tell by the way he foolishly interprets the scriptures.[/s]

Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Oahray: 8:46pm On Jan 20, 2013
shymexx:
Firstly, the bible is a book of allegories plagiarised from the continent of Africa, and the book the bible was copied from was WRITTEN by BLACK PEOPLE and all the CHARACTERS IN THE BIBLE WERE BLACKS...
Yes, even Augustus Caesar, the other Romans and Greeks were black. Dummy! Do you really have to hawk your ignorance here?

It also makes no sense to you that the Bible (Jer 13:23) mentions a CUSHITE (Ethiopian) unable to change his skin just as a leopard cannot change his spots. How someone who claims to be smart cannot realise the deliberate pointer at a different skin baffles me. Cush means black. Does it make sense to you that in a region with everyone black, some people are specifically called black? Think man, just this once. It doesnt hurt.

Its funny how people try to show off how smart they are but end up exposing a deficiency in their reasoning skills.

1 Like

Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 20, 2013
Yewe2011:
How did you come to that conclusion?

Who wrote the original book of the dead(the book the bible was plagiarised from), prick? The Phoenicians translated the book of the dead into scripts on paper and those scripts were later translated into the present day bible..

Btw, Phoenicians were black as well...

This is sheer stupidity.

Nah, it's teaching you history lessons - go check the old map and tell me Middle East wasn't part of Africa... Every student of history knows that Middle East used to be part of Africa - go dig the British colonial archives and learn a thing or two about history...

more conjecture. You weren't there and don't know who existed during Biblical times.

The first Europeans joined the rest of us after the ice age - and that was 6,000 years ago, right?? And the first contact we had with them was when the Greeks came to study in Africa about 3,000-4,000 years ago, and later the invasion of the hyskos... So, who in the Bible was of European ancestry??

Moors have a recorded and documented history.

They were able to do that because they could write... Heck, they built a University in Timbuktu!!

KENTE IS NOT FROM CHINA. THIS IS A BLASPHEOUS STATEMENT OT MAKE JUST STFU. Do you know Kente cloth is made from Cotton...Cotton is a Savannah plant.

I don't care about where the plant is from - however, Ghanaians NEVER made Kente... It was imported from CHINA - go check your history books!!!

1 Like

Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Yewe2011(m): 8:52pm On Jan 20, 2013
Those of you claiming to be descendents of the authors of that wretched book the Bible....well if that's true it finally makes why Nigeria is so messed up today. Ancient rivalries continued in the modern day Nigeria. No wonder Nigeria is ready to implode lol
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by calcal: 8:54pm On Jan 20, 2013
light, water, road, health no dey for this country after over 50 yias of independent - why?
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 20, 2013
Oahray: Yes, even Augustus Caesar, the other Romans and Greeks were black. Dummy! Do you really have to hawk your ignorance here?

It also makes no sense to you that the Bible (Jer 13:23) mentions a CUSHITE (Ethiopian) unable to change his skin just as a leopard cannot change his spots. How someone who claims to be smart cannot realise the deliberate pointer at a different skin baffles me. Cush means black. Does it make sense to you that in a region with everyone black, some people are specifically called black? Think man, just this once. It doesnt hurt.

Its funny how people try to show off how smart they are but end up exposing a deficiency in their reasoning skills.
NOT EVERYONE IN THE REGION WAS BLACK. JUST SOUTH OF JERUSALEM WAS THE LAND OF EDOM. THOSE ARE GREEKS AND ROMANS WHO MOVED THERE FROM MT SEIR AND THE CAUCUS MOUNTAINS OF GEORGIA RUSSIA AND TOOK OVER.
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 20, 2013
Yewe2011: Those of you claiming to be descendents of the authors of that wretched book the Bible....well if that's true it finally makes why Nigeria is so messed up today. Ancient rivalries continued in the modern day Nigeria. No wonder Nigeria is ready to implode lol

Every sane person know that Bible is a book of allegories and most INCREDIBLE book ever written - heck, it's an all time best seller... grin

I'm just saying that it's possible the woman in question probably migrated from somewhere around the Ethiopia/Sudan/Egypt region since people have been migrating from eons...

I watched a documentary on BBC two weeks ago and you'd be surprised that the first inhabitants of South America were BLACKS... So, how the hell did they get there, with their fossils all over that continents
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 20, 2013
smiley
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by AdeniyiA(m): 8:57pm On Jan 20, 2013
mtscheeeew!...Nigerians? they'll even tell u dat DROGBA is ADEROGBA.
sheba ko,s'ebalese ni

3 Likes

Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Yewe2011(m): 8:58pm On Jan 20, 2013
You don't know how to quote properly despite being on this forum longer than me. I'm not going to deal with all your wild and erroneous claims....but I will deal with these two real quickly.

shymexx: So, who in the Bible was of European ancestry??

Greeks and Romans are European.

Remember, your original post claimed that EVERYONE in the Bible was "Black"

shymexx:
I don't care about where the plant is from - however, Ghanaians NEVER made Kente... It was imported from CHINA - go check your history books!!!

lol

This is foolishness.

Stick to teaching your own Yoruba history because your straight ignorant. I don't mind you teaching falsehoods about Nigeria and Yoruba culture. But when it comes to Ghana, I check you everytime.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kente_cloth

Kente cloth, known locally as nwentoma, is a type of silk and cotton fabric made of interwoven cloth strips and is native to the Akan and Ewe people of Ghana, Ivory Coast and Togo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas / Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) / Girmache Shrine, In Kebbi Where Crocodiles Reside & Sacrifices Are Made (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.