Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? (63317 Views)

Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth / Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? / King Solomon In The Bible And Bill Gates, Who Is The Richest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Yewe2011(m): 9:00pm On Jan 20, 2013
nex:
Is it strange to find that a lot of African tribes practice similar traditions like circumcision, animal sacrifice, and age group ceremonies as described about the ancient Hebrews?

Similarities are not sufficient grounds to conclude that people are one in the same.
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 20, 2013
shymexx:

Every sane person know that Bible is a book of allegories and most INCREDIBLE book ever written - heck, it's an all time best seller... grin

I'm just saying that it's possible the woman in question probably migrated from somewhere around the Ethiopia/Sudan/Egypt region since people have been migrating from eons...

I watched a documentary on BBC two weeks ago and you'd be surprised that the first inhabitants of South America were BLACKS... So, how the hell did they get there, with their fossils all over that continents

THE FIRST INHABITANTS OF AMERICA ITSELF WERE BLACK. HOWEVER THEY CO-MINGLED WITH THE CHINESE COMING THROUGH THE BERRING STRAIT AND BECAME NATIVE AMERICAN. THE NATIVE AMERICAN IS A MIXTURE OF BLACK AND CHINESE. THIS WAS 800 YEARS BEFORE COLUMBUS SUPPOSEDLY DISCOVERED IT <<<< CAN YOU SEE THE BLACK AND CHINESE LOL ?
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 20, 2013
Libkid: Joke of the century

Some Nigerians are marvelously stu$pid and ought to be thrown into jailed and beaten mercilessly until they can believe in themselves. Why in the heck would you doubt one of Solomon's wives was a Yoruba, Igbo or even Hausa? Why? If I had told you that she was from Ancient Greece or Roman Empire, you would take it at face value, wouldn't you? Such a bunch of filthy scumbags clouded by inferiority complex and blinded by lack of knowledge of who they are or who their forbears were. Did you know that Moses's wife Zipporah was an Ethiopian? You didn't know that ignorant fools? Last time I checked, Ethiopia is still in Africa. Now, Moses lived years before King David was born, then Solomon was born, so what makes you doubt that one of Solomon's wives could have also been from Africa?

Ability to reason and think critically is one of the benefits of Education

3 Likes

Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Yewe2011(m): 9:01pm On Jan 20, 2013
obadiah777: NOT EVERYONE IN THE REGION WAS BLACK. JUST SOUTH OF JERUSALEM WAS THE LAND OF EDOM. THOSE ARE GREEKS AND ROMANS WHO MOVED THERE FROM MT SEIR AND THE CAUCUS MOUNTAINS OF GEORGIA RUSSIA AND TOOK OVER.

a poster named Shymmex stated several posts back that EVERYONE in the Bible is Black
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Solozzo(m): 9:01pm On Jan 20, 2013
Research has shown that King Solomon was not a historical figure ie that he did not really exist but was a mythical/fictional creation of the writers of the Old Testament. There had been no archeological evidence of his palace, gold utensils or seals excavated. Also no evidence of treaties signed with other nations, nor was he known as political ally or visitor to other nations. His name Solomon means peace, not wisdom.

Thus this idea that he had a Nigerian wife is false, with no historical evidence.

1 Like

Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Yewe2011(m): 9:03pm On Jan 20, 2013
more readings for that yoruba fool named shymmex

http://www.baylor.edu/multicultural/index.php?id=66621

http://www.kentesource.com/kente.htm

he had the audacity to say kente cloth was shipped from China?

LOLLOOLOLOLOLOLLL

it might be imported from China, TODAY because Chinese people bootleg and copy everything
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 20, 2013
obadiah777: THE FIRST INHABITANTS OF AMERICA ITSELF WERE BLACK. HOWEVER THEY CO-MINGLED WITH THE CHINESE COMING THROUGH THE BERRING STRAIT AND BECAME NATIVE AMERICAN. THE NATIVE AMERICAN IS A MIXTURE OF BLACK AND CHINESE. THIS WAS 800 YEARS BEFORE COLUMBUS SUPPOSEDLY DISCOVERED IT

OBADIAH777 and SHYMEXX are few Nairalanders with an unbridled knowledge of history second to none... Keep it up Guys. I would hope a thread would be created and dedicated for the re-education of nescient Nigerians. I did open a couple few months ago, with teachings from Dr. Clarke.

1 Like

Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jan 20, 2013
Yewe2011:

a poster named Shymmex stated several posts back that EVERYONE in the Bible is Black

WELL EVERYONE IN THE BIBLE EXCEPT THE EDOMITES ( CAUCASIANS ), RUTH THE MOABITE ( CHINESE ), CORNELIUS ( ROMAN ), KING HEROD ( ROMAN ), JULIUS CAESAR ( ROMAN ), ANTIOCHUS EPIPHANES ( GREEK ), ALEXANDER THE GREAT ( GREEK ). EVERYONE ELSE WAS BLACK
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jan 20, 2013
Oahray: Yes, even Augustus Caesar, the other Romans and Greeks were black. Dummy! Do you really have to hawk your ignorance here?

It also makes no sense to you that the Bible (Jer 13:23) mentions a CUSHITE (Ethiopian) unable to change his skin just as a leopard cannot change his spots. How someone who claims to be smart cannot realise the deliberate pointer at a different skin baffles me. Cush means black. Does it make sense to you that in a region with everyone black, some people are specifically called black? Think man, just this once. It doesnt hurt.

Its funny how people try to show off how smart they are but end up exposing a deficiency in their reasoning skills.

I don't do back and forth with kids - go play bingo with your mates in the park, or something...

All those names you mentioned were included in the plagiarised version to make it sound European... I've got the original copy(the book of the dead) and those names aren't there...

I don't have time for your stupidity - ignore mode!! undecided
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Yewe2011(m): 9:08pm On Jan 20, 2013
shymmex needs to be tarred and feathered for claiming that Ghanaians didn't make Kente Cloth and had it imported from China...of all places mofo China? really?

What if I said the Yoruba were not responsible for the Ife civilization and the brass heads were imported from Iran?
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 9:08pm On Jan 20, 2013
How can anyone say,dat people do not live in 9ja at dat time.When Nok civilization,is more than 2500years.Please,try to know ur history,please read.

1 Like

Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 20, 2013
Yewe2011: more readings for that yoruba fool named shymmex

http://www.baylor.edu/multicultural/index.php?id=66621

http://www.kentesource.com/kente.htm

he had the audacity to say kente cloth was shipped from China?

LOLLOOLOLOLOLOLLL

it might be imported from China, TODAY because Chinese people bootleg and copy everything

Ghanaians NEVER made Kente - the first Kente clothes were imported from China... Stop posting articles written by revisionists....

Where's PhysicsQED??
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 20, 2013
Danka7777:

OBADIAH777 and SHYMEXX are few Nairalanders with an unbridled knowledge of history second to none... Keep it up Guys. I would hope a thread would be created and dedicated for the re-education of nescient Nigerians. I did open a couple few months ago, with teachings from Dr. Clarke.
THANKS BRUV. WE DO WHAT WE CAN TO RE-EDUCATE THE SHEEPLE grin
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 20, 2013
obadiah777: WELL EVERYONE IN THE BIBLE EXCEPT THE EDOMITES ( CAUCASIANS ), RUTH THE MOABITE ( CHINESE ), CORNELIUS ( ROMAN ), KING HEROD ( ROMAN ), JULIUS CAESAR ( ROMAN ), ANTIOCHUS EPIPHANES ( GREEK ), ALEXANDER THE GREAT ( GREEK ). EVERYONE ELSE WAS BLACK

Nice one Obadiah777. Knowledge of ancient and biblical history is a no brainier!

1 Like

Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Yewe2011(m): 9:10pm On Jan 20, 2013
Danka7777:

Those 2 are proving to be the village idiots.

One of them said he has never heard of the Nok civilization and the other has stated that Ghanaians imported Kente cloth from the Chinese.

Far from knowledgable imo

Nok is one of Africa's oldest civilizations and Kente cloth is authentically Ghanaian.

With statements such as that I question anyone calling them knowledgable.

1 Like

Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Yewe2011(m): 9:11pm On Jan 20, 2013
obadiah777: WELL EVERYONE IN THE BIBLE EXCEPT THE EDOMITES ( CAUCASIANS ), RUTH THE MOABITE ( CHINESE ), CORNELIUS ( ROMAN ), KING HEROD ( ROMAN ), JULIUS CAESAR ( ROMAN ), ANTIOCHUS EPIPHANES ( GREEK ), ALEXANDER THE GREAT ( GREEK ). EVERYONE ELSE WAS BLACK

EVERYONE means EVERYONE

and he said everyone with no exceptions.
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Oahray: 9:11pm On Jan 20, 2013
nex: Everytime I see Africans brandishing their ignorance so glaringly, I realise how much work the Gentiles (Europeans/Oyibo) have put in to the propaganda of Europeanizing Jesus, God, and everyone else in the Bible.

All the original Hebrews were Africans! In fact, the first time any member of the Hebrew nation ever left the African continent, it was when Moses split the Red Sea. He was leading the the Jews and some other accompanying members of the tribe of Israel to the Promised Land, which was a new place. He wasn't taking them back home to where Joseph and his brothers were born.

A simple analysis to show this is that the tribes of Israel leaving Egypt had to cross a sea (meaning they were leaving the continent in which Egypt was). However, when Joseph's brothers were going to Egypt from their original land, did they ever cross any sea? No. They were originally from a land in the same continent as Egypt, between Cush and Nubia (modern Ethiopia and Sudan). Being migratory herdsmen, it iis clear that they must have journeyed from farther down the continent.
Now your clear ignorance is sickening. Let me disprove your logic with the same Bible.

After leaving Egypt, the Israelites encamped at E'tham, "at the edge of the wilderness" (Exodus 13:20).
Then God told Moses to tell the nation to TURN BACK and encamp between Migdol and the Red Sea. Why? So Pharoah and the Egyptians would see them and think they are wandering in confusion (Exodus 14:1-3)

Joseph came to Egypt from the land of Canaan. Beside the fact that it was expressly stated, it is also obvious from the reply of Joseph's brothers when they came to buy food. They said they came from Canaan! Funny enough, the promised land was the land of Canaan.

If crossing a sea means they left for a strange place, what does trekking for 40years mean? Were they trekking to the moon?
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Yewe2011(m): 9:11pm On Jan 20, 2013
shymexx:

Ghanaians NEVER made Kente - the first Kente clothes were imported from China... Stop posting articles written by revisionists....

Where's PhysicsQED??

What does Kente mean in the Chinese language?

answer that genius
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 20, 2013
Yewe2011: shymmex needs to be tarred and feathered for claiming that Ghanaians didn't make Kente Cloth and had it imported from China...of all places mofo China? really?

What if I said the Yoruba were not responsible for the Ife civilization and the brass heads were imported from Iran?

There's nothing to be ashamed of about that, some empires also bought their clothes from neighbouring states... Even the ancient Benin empire also bought some of its clothes from the Ijebus... Stop rewriting history, fam...
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 20, 2013
Yewe2011:

EVERYONE means EVERYONE

and he said everyone with no exceptions.

WELL MY NAME IS NOT SHYMMEX. I AM SIMPLY POSTING THE NON BLACK PEOPLE IN THE BIBLE. TAKE IT UP WITH HIM BRUV grin
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Yewe2011(m): 9:15pm On Jan 20, 2013
shymexx:

There's nothing to be ashamed of about that, some empires also bought their clothes from neighbouring states... Even the ancient Benin empire also bought some of its clothes from the Ijebus... Stop rewriting history, fam...

your the one rewriting history.
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 20, 2013
obadiah777: THE FIRST INHABITANTS OF AMERICA ITSELF WERE BLACK. HOWEVER THEY CO-MINGLED WITH THE CHINESE COMING THROUGH THE BERRING STRAIT AND BECAME NATIVE AMERICAN. THE NATIVE AMERICAN IS A MIXTURE OF BLACK AND CHINESE. THIS WAS 800 YEARS BEFORE COLUMBUS SUPPOSEDLY DISCOVERED IT <<<< CAN YOU SEE THE BLACK AND CHINESE LOL ?

Bruv, the documentary asserted that the fossils are about 10,000 years old - older than Europeans and ADAM and EVE!! The question is: how did black folks travel from Africa to South America 10,000 years ago??
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Yewe2011(m): 9:15pm On Jan 20, 2013
obadiah777: WELL MY NAME IS NOT SHYMMEX. I AM SIMPLY POSTING THE NON BLACK PEOPLE IN THE BIBLE. TAKE IT UP WITH HIM BRUV grin

take it up with himself as well

since you clearly disagree with him

1 Like

Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 20, 2013
Yewe2011:

your the one rewriting history.

Good luck, mate!!
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 20, 2013
Danka7777:

Nice one Obadiah777. Knowledge of ancient and biblical history is a no brainier!
LOL I TRY TO STAY ON TOP OF THINGS BRUV. KNOWLEDGE WISDOM AND UNDERSTANDING THEY SAY SHALL BE THE STABILITY IN THE PERILOUS TIMES THAT ARE IMMINENT AND FAST APPROACHING, ON THE PLANET.
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Oahray: 9:20pm On Jan 20, 2013
shymexx:

I don't do back and forth with kids - go play bingo with your mates in the park, or something...

All those names you mentioned were included in the plagiarised version to make it sound European... I've got the original copy(the book of the dead) and those names aren't there...

I don't have time for your stupidity - ignore mode!! undecided
lmao. You call the book of the dead the original Bible? Rotflmao.
Ok, you are just nuts. The book of the dead is just an Egyptian funeral text, a collection of funeral spells supposedly to help the Egyptian reach the afterlife!

Kai, you are even worse than I thought! Prude, trying to sound smart.
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Yewe2011(m): 9:20pm On Jan 20, 2013
shymexx:

Good luck, mate!!

look, stick to teaching your Yoruba culture and I will focus on me and my people.

Your not fit, nor educated to teach Ghanaian culture, heritage or anything to do with us.
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by bakynes(m): 9:23pm On Jan 20, 2013
i can see a lot of pple here have been deceived and brain washed by the white race all that is in the bible where events of the Black kingdom that was rewritten to make you feel you never did contributed anything to the world and that blacks were barbarians before they came blacks actually built the Pyramids in Egypt.There was another kingdom called Nubia the present day Sudan you can also find a lot of pyramids there.The white Archeologist still find it difficult to believe blacks actually built d pyramids.The black race is the Aboriginal man on the face of this planet we had a lot of Civilizations before the white race came into existence.
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Yewe2011(m): 9:24pm On Jan 20, 2013
obadiah777: LET ME SHUT YOU DOWN REAL FAST ON THE BOLDED

LAMENTATIONS 4 VS 8 Their visage is blacker than a coal <<< COLOR OF THE JEWS

LAMENTATIONS 5 VS 10 Our skin was black like an oven because of the terrible famine <<< COLOR OF THE JEWS

Visage is defined as face or appearance. Their skin was described as "Black" because they were sad and in mourning as a result of the destruction of their city(Jerusalem) and their holy temple. That is what
the Book of Lamentations is about.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THEIR RACE.

Do research into colloquial uses of the word Black in the English language.

I'll deal with the other scriptures you posted after the football game.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Girmache Shrine, In Kebbi Where Crocodiles Reside & Sacrifices Are Made (Photos) / Imam Suleiman Njoku & His Reverend Sister, Celebrate Christmas Together / RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.