Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? (63305 Views)

Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth / Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? / King Solomon In The Bible And Bill Gates, Who Is The Richest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Yewe2011(m): 9:26pm On Jan 20, 2013
bakynes: i can see a lot of pple here have been deceived and brain washed by the white race all that is in the bible where events of the Black kingdom that was rewritten to make you feel you never did contributed anything to the world and that blacks were barbarians before they came blacks actually built the Pyramids in Egypt.There was another kingdom called Nubia the present day Sudan you can also find a lot of pyramids there.The white Archeologist still find it difficult to believe blacks actually built d pyramids.The black race is the Aboriginal man on the face of this planet we had a lot of Civilizations before the white race came into existence.

I'm not in disagreement with what you say. Egypt and Nubia were unequivocally African cultures and civilizations.

But some idiots are resorting to the Bible to prove what is not. When there is ample evidence of our contributions to humanity and civilization all around us.
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Oahray: 9:27pm On Jan 20, 2013
obadiah777: NOT EVERYONE IN THE REGION WAS BLACK. JUST SOUTH OF JERUSALEM WAS THE LAND OF EDOM. THOSE ARE GREEKS AND ROMANS WHO MOVED THERE FROM MT SEIR AND THE CAUCUS MOUNTAINS OF GEORGIA RUSSIA AND TOOK OVER.
Did you bother reading the post I replied before quoting me?

Shymex said EVERYONE mentioned in the Bible was black. Grind your axe with him.

1 Like

Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 20, 2013
shymexx:

Bruv, the documentary asserted that the fossils are about 10,000 years old - older than Europeans and ADAM and EVE!! The question is: how did black folks travel from Africa to South America 10,000 years ago??
BRUV, CARBON DATING IS JUNK SCIENCE. AND FOR HOW AFRICANS TRAVELLED FROM THE NORTHEAST AFRICA REGION TO THE AMERICAS, YOU NEED A BOOK CALLED THE APOCRYPHA. THE BOOK OF SECOND ESDRAS. IT EXPLAINS IT. THIS HAPPENED IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE ASSYRIAN SLAVERY. THE NEGROS ( ISRAELITES ) WERE GETTING ENSLAVED BY EVERYONE IN THE REGION. FIRST THE BABYLONIANS ( MODERN DAY ETHIOPIANS ) THEN THE EGYPTIANS THEN THE ASSYRIANS. AND THE NEGROS HAD TWO KINGDOMS. ONE WAS THE NORTHERN KINGDOM OR HOUSE OF EPHRAIM AND THE OTHER WAS THE SOUTHERN KINGDOM OR THE HOUSE OF JUDAH. IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE ASSYRIAN SLAVERY THE NORTHERN KINGDOM DECIDED THEY HAD HAD ENOUGH OF THAT REGION BECAUSE THE HEATHENS WERE MAKING IT OPPRESSIVE. SO THEY ALL TRAVELLED FROM THE MIDDLE EAST TO THE AMERICAS. IT TOOK THEM A YEAR AND A HALF TO GET THERE. AND THEN WHEN THEY GOT THERE THEY SETTLED AND FORMED COMMUNITIES AND THEN THE CHINESE STARTED APPEARING THROUGH THE BERRING STRAIT AND THEY MINGLED AND BECAME THE SAME PEOPLE WHICH WE NOW KNOW AS THE NATIVE AMERICANS. THIS HAPPENED 800 BC. SO THEY WERE THERE A GOOD 2500 YEARS BEFORE COLUMBUS APPEARED. I BELIEVE I SAID 800 IN ANOTHER POST. THAT WAS AN OVERSIGHT. YOU HAVE TO ADD THE 800 BC TO THE 1600 AD OF COLUMBUS. SO THEY WERE THERE FOR 2500 YEARS BEFORE THE WHITE MAN ARRIVED.

1 Like

Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by bakynes(m): 9:28pm On Jan 20, 2013
Oahray: Now your clear ignorance is sickening. Let me disprove your logic with the same Bible.

After leaving Egypt, the Israelites encamped at E'tham, "at the edge of the wilderness" (Exodus 13:20).
Then God told Moses to tell the nation to TURN BACK and encamp between Migdol and the Red Sea. Why? So Pharoah and the Egyptians would see them and think they are wandering in confusion (Exodus 14:1-3)

Joseph came to Egypt from the land of Canaan. Beside the fact that it was expressly stated, it is also obvious from the reply of Joseph's brothers when they came to buy food. They said they came from Canaan! Funny enough, the promised land was the land of Canaan.

If crossing a sea means they left for a strange place, what does trekking for 40years mean? Were they trekking to the moon?
you are one of the fools sorry to say that have been brain washed by the white pple who wrote the bible, Africans are the aboriginal man on the face of the earth and everything in the bible was rewritten to make you feel less about yourself.Everything in the bible is all about events that happened way before Europeans existed
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by paranorman(m): 9:29pm On Jan 20, 2013
Guess its high time i let this out: it has been kept secret for years.. You read it first here.. It'l leave you in awe for the rest of your life:
queen sheba was actually my great great great great ancient grandfather's younger sister mother 's father cousin's brother!
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by megachuks(m): 9:30pm On Jan 20, 2013
There is nothing that one will not seen in this forum, I pray that for Gods intervention.
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 20, 2013
Yewe2011:

[s]Visage is defined as face or appearance. Their skin was described as "Black" because they were sad and in mourning as a result of the destruction of their city(Jerusalem) and their holy temple. That is what
the Book of Lamentations is about.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THEIR RACE.

Do research into colloquial uses of the word Black in the English language.

I'll deal with the other scriptures you posted after the football game.
[/s]
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by TerryCarr(m): 9:31pm On Jan 20, 2013
Africa does not mean black

2 Likes

Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by bakynes(m): 9:31pm On Jan 20, 2013
Yewe2011:

I'm not in disagreement with what you say. Egypt and Nubia were unequivocally African cultures and civilizations.

But some idiots are resorting to the Bible to prove what is not. When there is ample evidence of our contributions to humanity and civilization all around us.
You be correct person joor no mind dem ignorant pple
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 20, 2013
Oahray: Did you bother reading the post I replied before quoting me?

Shymex said EVERYONE mentione in the Bible was black. Grind your axe with him.
OH MY BAD DAWG. AN OVERSIGHT ON MY PART
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 20, 2013
TerryCarr: Africa does not mean black
AFRICA IS A ROMAN GENERALS NAME WHO CONQUERED AFRICA. LEO SCIPIO AFRICANUS. WE ARE NOT AFRICANS. WE DO NOT DESCEND FROM THE ROMAN GENERAL LEO SCIPIO AFRICANUS. BUT I GUESS WE ARE STUCK WITH THE NAME NOW LOLZ
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Oahray: 9:39pm On Jan 20, 2013
bakynes: you are one of the fools sorry to say that have been brain washed by the white pple who wrote the bible, Africans are the aboriginal man on the face of the earth and everything in the bible was rewritten to make you feel less about yourself.Everything in the bible is all about events that happened way before Europeans existed
My first paragraph clearly showed I was using THE SAME BIBLE HE USED for his argument to disprove what he said. How did you miss it? Blindness, illiteracy, or plain stupi.dity?

The Bible is not the reason for your inferiority complex, since it hardly ever put emphasis on skin colour, so stop taking out your frustrations on it. It did mention that Egypt (yes, they were black) was the first world power and the greatest civilization at that time. What other info do you need to polish your racist ego? Huh? You should be channeling your Nairaland agitation into making Africa more developed than 'later races' that are light years ahead already.

1 Like

Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by niggadee(m): 9:46pm On Jan 20, 2013
Before European colonization, we have trditional religions. negro were brainwashed to believe in Christianity and islam ...Lol, you were brainwashed into believing you are the children of "ham Which is the reason why most my african people suffer and all of this other crap.religion violence, ethnicity discrimination and vioence. european used christian missionary to enslaved negro and the arab muslim started slavery before european.Black men got female hate from non-blacks for sure. As soon as black men were exposed to the patriarchy system of non-blacks, they developed the mentality that women were beneath them. When the Greeks invaded Afrika, the Motherland turned to a patriarchy-controlled society.
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by temhab(f): 9:46pm On Jan 20, 2013
It's true it is in one video cassete name ADITU OLORUN FUNFUN by MAYOWA ORISATOLA
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by niggadee(m): 9:53pm On Jan 20, 2013
blacks were actually enslaved for 400 years ...ethiopia still has the ark of the covenant and has never been conquered ... my take on this is that these religions are african based so in order to properly understand them, we must approach them with an african mind.
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Imprida(f): 10:04pm On Jan 20, 2013
obadiah777: AFRICA IS A ROMAN GENERALS NAME WHO CONQUERED AFRICA. LEO SCIPIO AFRICANUS. WE ARE NOT AFRICANS. WE DO NOT DESCEND FROM THE ROMAN GENERAL LEO SCIPIO AFRICANUS. BUT I GUESS WE ARE STUCK WITH THE NAME NOW LOLZ
Afri was a latin name used to refer to the carthaginians, who dwelt in north africa in moden day tunisia. The name is usually connected with phoenician afar, "dust", but a 1981 hypothesis has asserted that it stem from the berber word ifri (plural ifran) meaning "cave" in reference to cave dewllers.

1 Like

Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by TerryCarr(m): 10:06pm On Jan 20, 2013
niggadee: blacks were actually enslaved for 400 years ...ethiopia still has the ark of the covenant and has never been conquered ... my take on this is that these religions are african based so in order to properly understand them, we must approach them with an african mind.
don't think so
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jan 20, 2013
Imprida: Afri was a latin name used to refer to the carthaginians, who dwelt in north africa in moden day tunisia. The name is usually connected with phoenician afar, "dust", but a 1981 hypothesis has asserted that it stem from the berber word ifri (plural ifran) meaning "cave" in reference to cave dewllers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXbfCemV-Qk
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by lumeneng22: 10:33pm On Jan 20, 2013
noskeybaba:

Actually they are descendants of the Israelis. Their culture similarities proves it.
.Even their kidnapping, molestation, ritualism & robberies?
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Solozzo(m): 10:36pm On Jan 20, 2013
[b]King Solomon is a character from the Old Testament, from a part of the OT which appears to be a rewriting of ancient Jewish history. There is no independent corroborating evidence to substiantiate his existence.

There is a possibility that the Solomon of the OT is based on an Egyptian Pharaoh (like David is reputed to be) but again, it's more academic speculation than anything else.

There is also no archaeological evidence supporting the OT generally. The only piece that did, a piece supposedly from the Temple of Solomon, has turned out to be fake.

So in a nutshell, there's no way anyone can say that he definitely existed, any more than we can argue the Greek gods did.

(No doubt someone will come back referencing a pseudo-archaeologist who turns out to be a Christian or Jewish scholar dressing their "research" up to push their religious agenda - that isn't proof, it's just propaganda. EDIT: or the bible itself - likewise, it's not proof. Plato wrote about Atlantis, does that prove it existed?)

Source
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110722191017AAxgx1d
[/b]

1 Like

Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jan 20, 2013
I took an unending interest in Yoruba's spiritual practices and found out that we actually worshiped the real force of perfection and not Jehovah or Allah or Yahwey who are Gods of Alien visitors to mankind. Their technology is ruinous to our atmosphere and life, their nature is brutal, their aim is to kill!

No!!!! Blacks are not Jews stop lying! The Word Israelites is broken down from goddess Isra (goddess of light) and El (Meaning servants or keepers of teachings).

Yorubas are more of Ancient Sumerians than they are of Jews. Solomon wasn't a Jew don't get twisted. Solomon worshiped a lot of Gods and in fact practiced sorcery and many other forms of spiritual powers. The original Jews were chased out of Egypt for being despotic, greedy, blasphemous and lust for power. Guess the name of the god they tried to promote over Ra? Sorry Christians but your god is the real beast and Christ is his servant. Angry, Jealous and very violent. Ra is the original oneness of the universe not Jehovah or Allah or Yahwweh. Those are lesser gods whose worship eras are dictated through solar or star mapping. That is why Both Christianity and Islam/Judaism have different astrological signs etc.. In Christianisty, you have Sun, in Islam you have star and moon. These are all cults of constellations. The only God of all time is Ra (The oneness of the universe without gender.), Eledumare (The genderless perfection of nature) Ra or Eledumare or any other name he is given in any culture, has gods under him. That is why in Yoruba culture, we worship Osun, Sango, Ogun, Esu, Obatala, etc... These are all gods under Ra/Eledumare and they are incarnations of different aspects of Eledumare/Ra.

Now, The bible talked about a religion and or a people that will come to earth and deceive mankind and push them away from knowing God. Isn't that what has been happening since the fall of Egypt by thanks to Atonists? People, the history of the world, the fate of man kind and truth are all connected. Take this post for granted at your own peril.

The Druids have been destroyed for their vast knowledge in spirituality, The Yoruba culture and many other beautiful cultures that teach about spirituality and how to bring man closer to inter dimensional communication through the knowledge of Good, Evil, Solar mapping, spirits, oneness with universe etcc have all been destroyed. Ask your self, if Christianity and Islam and Judaism are truly how Ra/Eledumare want mankind to be, why are we having problems created by nothing but these cults? All world problems have politico-religious problems.

The Romans used religion to destroy Druids and any culture that has quality knowledge of spirituality and also burning their libraries so knowledge is lost (An attribute a devil only will do). Go study about Akhenaton and how Christianity/Judaism and Islam came from his lust for power. Akhenaton the husband of Nefertiti was a despotic Pharoah of Hyksos(later known as Heba-rew/Jooz) origin. He is a descendant of the tribe of a rich Egyptian dreamer who is a man with coat of many colours (Go figure who Joseph was). The Jews were not ensalved in Egypt. In fact they were ruling elites in Egypt. The Hyksos after being banished first had so many of their descendants who stayed back. That is where the Jews came from. And they were also later banished from Egypt for the similar reasons their ancestors were banished.

The present popular religion are religions of the beasts!! They have driven mankind away from God (not Jehovah or Yahwey or Allah). Now many people don't even know what is spiritually ok to do and what isn't. You think it's as easy as closing your eyes and mumbling in a Language both evil and pure spirits don't understand?

Wait for it, it's coming and it's big. The religion of imperialist, warmongers and evil despotic leaders can not be the religion of the Almighty. Jehovah is a lesser God and actually has no power over you. He is the one you should be avoiding. Travel the world if you can, read history of different cultures and you will know that we have been deceived by the house of Aton. I can show you evidences that Christianity, Islam and Judaism are all the religions of the beast! It's there in the Bible crazy people. It is there!!!!!!!!!!

Why am I wasting my time typing, not like people will understand well anyways..
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Imprida(f): 10:38pm On Jan 20, 2013
obadiah777:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXbfCemV-Qk
Publius cornelius scipio obtained the name "Africanus" as an honourary title, not the other way.

1 Like

Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by whitefairy(f): 10:38pm On Jan 20, 2013
Table Leg :

What has your post got to do with the thread you moro...n?!
haba! U want make dem flog am say him no comment?
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jan 20, 2013
Oahray: Lmao @ peeps trying so hard to paint Jews black so Igbos can come from them, or trying to yorubalize the Queen of Sheba to make themselves feel good.

I'd say its crap. Jews were never black at any time in history.

Shut your mouth and go do some research before mouthing ignorant rubbish.
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 20, 2013
Yomieluv: We hear,so the man married across the globe. Nawa ooo.
9th wonder of the world.
abi
*sips alomo*
solomon 2 like woman
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Yewe2011(m): 10:46pm On Jan 20, 2013
yea strike through my words because you can't refute them
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 20, 2013
The same welcoming nature of the Yorubas was the undoing of the Egyptians.

I can show you how the entire Islam, Christianity and Judaism came about from one single agenda of the atonists.

Islam and Christianity and Judaism are only antagonists to each other in books. That is how they control you. Pick your poison. Islam? Christianity? or Islam? pick your poison they are still the ones administering it. Ever wondered why templar knights went into Jerusalem? The present day "Jews" have European origin all the way. They are not connected to any God! Ra/Eledumare is not discriminatory and doesn't have "chosen" ones.

Ask your self why a perfect God will pick a favourite over others? Emotions? God who is perfect is suppose to be emotional?

Man made God in his own image.
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by jidejoseph: 10:59pm On Jan 20, 2013
if we believe in that of other nations of the world why are we doubting our own
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by nex(m): 11:03pm On Jan 20, 2013
The ignorant can still research on "The Original Semitic Emigration From Africa". In order to know more about themselves The ignorance here is too overwhelming for any enlightenment to take place. The level of unbelief here is like that which Jesus encountered in his own hometown.

"And he did not do many mighty works there, because of their unbelief". Matthew 13:58
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jan 20, 2013
Imprida: Publius cornelius scipio obtained the name "Africanus" as an honourary title, not the other way.
BE THAT AS IT MAY, THE PORTION OF THE LAND MASS CALLED AFRICA THAT IS NORTHEAST IS CALLED THE LAND OF HAM. THE OTHER PARTS OF THE CONTINENT WERE UNCHARTED TERRITORY SO NOT NAMED. IT WAS SIMPLY CALLED THE 'WILDERNESS'. AS SUCH THE FIRST PERSON TO NAME THE ENTIRE CONTINENT IS SPECULATORY AT BEST. HOWEVER FROM MY OWN RESEARCH, THATS WHAT I FOUND OUT. THAT IT WAS SOME ROMAN GENERAL WHO CONQUERED IT ETC ETC. EITHER WAY ITS SPECULATORY BECAUSE THE NAMING OF THE ENTIRE CONTINENT IS NOT RECORDED HISTORY. HOWEVER THE NAMING OF THE NORTHEAST PART OF THE CONTINENT IS RECORDED HISTORY. LAND OF HAM.[img]http://billygambelaafroasiaticanthropology.files./2009/04/land-of-ham-and-shem-map1.jpg[/img]
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Ezeufi: 11:28pm On Jan 20, 2013
dridowu: Hmmmmmmmmm
nyigbo are looking for their jewish connection grin grin grin
Re: One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jan 20, 2013
@ 9jaganja, I am a tad confused by your post on Akhenaten. Everything pretty much went back to the way it was after his death. Are you suggesting that his introduction of monotheism was the beginning of the decline, even though he was almost obliterated from Egyptian history? There are a school of thought who actually believe that Akhenaten was the bibical Moses, a theory even more popularized by Sigmund Freud's published work in Moses and Monotheism, is that the angle you are coming from, given that all the Abrahamic faiths are all linked to Moses?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) / Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas / Girmache Shrine, In Kebbi Where Crocodiles Reside & Sacrifices Are Made (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.