Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? (8114 Views)

Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? / Parents: How Do You Identify A Child's Talent? / Being The Only Child Of Your Parents: How Has It Been Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by Ezeufi: 11:26pm On Jan 20, 2013
Dad was just told by his father and his aunt, "Hey son, we've found a wife for you." And the rest is history. Mum and daddy are together for 42 years now.
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jan 20, 2013
tpia@:

you mean like fedexed.
YES THATS WHAT I MEAN LOL. SHE WAS FEDEXED TO HIM. THEY GOT ON VERY WELL INITIALLY. BUT AFTERWARDS CAME THE VIOLENT FIGHTS LOL. I REMEMBER THEM DOING LOTS OF KISSING

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by spikesC(m): 11:29pm On Jan 20, 2013
gree-die:
mum had so many suitors but wanted to be a reverend sister but one night she had a dream dat a certain dude from d neighboring villa would seek her out and that he would turn out to be her husband... she met him 3 days ltr.

dad's former teacher (mum's principal) told him abt one angelic student,they fixed a date, he paid d principal a visit and the principal called my mum and pretended to admonish her for a crime she didn't commit meanwhile my dad was busy checking her out. he liked wat he saw and wooed her....

she never made it to the convent! grin

and so shall you never make it to the convent...my angeli-coco cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by tpia5: 11:34pm On Jan 20, 2013
obadiah777: YES THATS WHAT I MEAN LOL. SHE WAS FEDEXED TO HIM. THEY GOT ON VERY WELL INITIALLY. BUT AFTERWARDS CAME THE VIOLENT FIGHTS LOL. I REMEMBER THEM DOING LOTS OF KISSING

kissing and fighting (or vice versa), wow.

let me clarify: you dont hear that very often with a nigerian couple.

its either fighting all the way with kids popping out in between till they (couple) decides if they want to make a go of it or not, or its strictly business as usual with no new fangled white stuff like kissing interfering with the institution of marriage.

especially back in the day.
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by Redmosquito(m): 11:34pm On Jan 20, 2013
spikes C:

angry angry
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by Redmosquito(m): 11:35pm On Jan 20, 2013
spikes C:

Know ur place! angry

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by fyneIjay(f): 11:37pm On Jan 20, 2013
Gambrosia: OH YES O! We don laugh dem taya!!!! Dad was in UNIBAD. . .mom was in UNILAG! Dad was 28, mom was 19. kiss
MY MOM WAS MY DAD'S SISTER'S FRIEND AND CLASSMATE. She came over to visit her friend and father saw her and NEVER SLEPT! grin
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG SHE WAS BEAUTIFUL. . . .STILL IS! kiss

All my poor dad kept muttering to his sister was 'BADERINWA. . . see her physiognomy, BADE!!! see her physignomy'. . .His dear sister kept telliing him 'BWORDA SHOLA. . . BWORDA OLUSHOLA . . .GO AND SLEEP O! You can't handle this IGBO GAL CALLED ANWULI!!!' PHYSIOGNOMY NEARLY KILLAM KE! AND IT CAME TO PASS!!!grin

MU HE HE HE HE HE cheesy

Very romantic! THEY NEVER STOPPED PHOCKING LIKE RABBITS! grin

BELLE STRAIGHT! 4 sssshildren in 5 years! That is minus the dude wey quench before moi o!

Only 10 months and 2 weeks separates #2 and #3. grin Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeew! WHAT A LIFE! cheesy
Thank my AGNOSTIC GAAAAAAAAAAAAD FOR DIVORCES! My mom finally GOT SMART!!! grin
We for don reach 25 children from one poohsie and blokos by now. . . I WOULD NEVER HAVE COME TO AMERICA BECAUSE OF EXCRUTIATING POVERTY!

My lord is good all the time!!!! cool

My mama nickname for awa house na 'PHYSIOGNOMY'!. . . The good old days I tellya! Sweeeeeeeeet memories! grin

Chai.... e no go better for the person wey do you this thing. I don laff go carry belle for OBJ & GEJ. Bworda you no fit carry this Igbo gal called Anwuli.... LMAO "PHYSIOGNOMY"
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by freecocoa(f): 11:40pm On Jan 20, 2013
Didn't have to ask as we grew up hearing their story over and over again, they just loved talking\teasing each other about many things.

Mum was very beautiful and had toooooo many suitors at a young age but she refused to get married even when she don ripe, her shakara was legendary, so one day someone who hails from the same town with my mum was discussing with another person who knew her about how she was refusing suitors.

My dad happened to be friends with one of the amebo men and he was there at the time of the gist, he said he'd love to meet the woman and that was how they met, dad fell head over heels and she couldn't resist cos he just wouldn't let her be, na so me and my siblings take come this world.

They still talk about my mum's shakara in her place, nobody don march her record.cheesy

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by MaziOmenuko: 11:49pm On Jan 20, 2013
Dad never went to school but was successful in business, he made up his mind he was going to marry a graduate.
Mum just finished OND and had a friend who happened to be dad's younger sister.
The rest is history.
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by Gambrosia: 11:54pm On Jan 20, 2013
colombiana:
U for just kukuma tel us dem every day discussion till now. Or best write a book about it.

You know? Off all the peeps that have quoted my post. . . I FIND YOU THE ONLY SUPREME IRRITANT. kiss

I DO NOT CARE TO FAMILIARIZE MYSELF WITH YOU. I HATE YOU ALREADY. INSTINCTIVELY TOO!!! TO THE BONE!!! kiss

It will be nice to read from you how your 'donors' met! wink
Did one pinch the other's bum-bum while selling 'agbalumo' along the road side. . . .? wink

https://www.nairaland.com/colombiana/posts

No surprises there. You have a knack for attacking the posts of others huh? YOU ARE BACKING UP THE WRONG TREE SUGAR! kiss

Your posts can tell us all we need to know about how your 'donors' connected! kiss
Pity! 2013. . .still an azzzze'ole! kiss No 'ope! ONCE A MONKEY'S AZZZE. . . ALWAYS A MONKEY'S AZZZZE!kiss

FYI. . .I don't do 'report buttons'! I will souuuuuuuuuuuuuund you myself! New ID or not. . .KEEP OFF!kiss

Not everyone cares to live a 'cowardly existence' on or offline. kiss

Take your 'shytty' fingers somewhere else! kiss

Thanks! kiss

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by Abali1(m): 11:56pm On Jan 20, 2013
Dad was a junior in the same school with mum's uncle. Then he used to visit mum's uncle at home during the hols, from there he took a liking to mum. But mum's father opposed their union initially, though their love was stronger than any opposition.
Dad did a bit of Introduction and travelled out for further studies, mum waited for him for 7 years. And he came back and did the honourable thing and took his bride. They were together and loved each other till death parted them.
Mum is still Alive and cherishes the memories of her hubby.
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by spikesC(m): 12:00am On Jan 21, 2013
Redmosquito:
Know ur place! angry

I eat bullets like groundnut wink

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by etalker: 12:03am On Jan 21, 2013
Dad was a full time womani.zer, funny to the core and very popular in his hometown consequently because of his jovial and mischievous nature.

During one of his escapades, he meet on sweet woman who caught his heart. Then weeks later while he was returning from work, he saw the same woman talking to his friend/colleague. He collected her address and postal address from him.

From then, her house became his bus stop, he did that for weeks (yes her shakara too much) till he met her father (who fortunately was his godfather in baptism)......that was it.
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by Redmosquito(m): 12:04am On Jan 21, 2013
spikes C:

I eat bullets like groundnut wink
Oya take am!
**Shoots spiritual bullets at his balls**
BOOMMM!!! BOOOMMMM!!!! BOOOOMMMM!!!
Oya! Na how many remain now?
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by Thatallgirl(f): 12:05am On Jan 21, 2013
[quote author=Gambrosia]OH YES O! We don laugh dem taya!!!! Dad was in UNIBAD. . .mom was in UNILAG! Dad was 28, mom was 19. kiss
MY MOM WAS MY DAD'S SISTER'S FRIEND AND CLASSMATE. She came over to visit her friend and father saw her and NEVER SLEPT! grin

All my poor dad kept muttering to his sister was 'BADERINWA. . . see her physiognomy, BADE!!! see her physignomy'. . .His dear sister kept telliing him 'BWORDA SHOLA. . . BWORDA OLUSHOLA . . .GO AND SLEEP O! You can't handle this IGBO GAL CALLED ANWULI!!!' PHYSIOGNOMY NEARLY KILLAM KE! AND IT CAME TO PASS!!!grin

MU HE HE HE HE HE cheesy

BELLE STRAIGHT! 4 sssshildren in 5 years! That is minus the dude wey quench before moi o!

Only 10 months and 2 weeks separates #2 and #3. grin Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeew! WHAT A LIFE! cheesy
We for don reach 25 children from one poohsie and blokos by now. . . I WOULD NEVER HAVE COME TO AMERICA BECAUSE OF EXCRUTIATING POVERTY!

My mama nickname for awa house na [b][color=#990000]'PHYSIOGNOMY'!

Funny fellow
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by thaoriginator: 12:17am On Jan 21, 2013
Gambrosia: OH YES O! We don laugh dem taya!!!! Dad was in UNIBAD. . .mom was in UNILAG! Dad was 28, mom was 19. kiss

MU HE HE HE HE HE cheesy

My mama nickname for awa house na 'PHYSIOGNOMY'!. . . The good old days I tellya! Sweeeeeeeeet memories! grin
nawaaaaaooo! You can dey take dis one write one full novel ooo shocked
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by thaoriginator: 12:17am On Jan 21, 2013

MU HE HE HE HE HE cheesy

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by spikesC(m): 12:26am On Jan 21, 2013
Redmosquito:
Oya take am!

2 i think, besides, i get spair for house grin
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by Fleming5(m): 12:45am On Jan 21, 2013
Lol! I am under 18 u wan make I enter fire from frying pan abi[color=#990000]Lol! I am under 18 u wan make I enter fire from frying pan abi
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by GboyegaD(m): 1:06am On Jan 21, 2013
My mom had come to visit her uncle who was like her dad then in Lagos because she lost her dad at an early age and then she met a Yoruba man who was schooling at UI. They exchanged address and started sending letters to each other. Fortunately, when NYSC was introduced in 1973, people were allowed to choose their choice of state so my dad used the opportunity to get himself posted to the old Bendel state so that he could be closed to the woman he had fallen in love with and 2years after they got married and were married for 34years before death separated them. My mom usually repeated the stories and some challenges she encountered when they initially got married and the stories then was to prepare our hearts for our marriage that it would have its challenges but that we would need to work towards making it as pleasant as theirs because what we grew up to enjoy had its initial challenge.
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by Gambrosia: 1:28am On Jan 21, 2013
tha_originator: nawaaaaaooo! You can dey take dis one write one full novel ooo shocked

This 'onyi-elede' don come again!
This thread is for people who actually KNOW THEIR FATHERS AND MOTHERS. . . .NOT ISREALI OR AFGHANISTAN SE-MEN EXTRACTORS for ashawo work!
Thank you! kiss

You dey 'jolos' say some of 'we' get Papa wey assshually CARRY awa mama 'across thresh-hold without getting 'hit and run' over? grin

Pele o!
Next time. . .pray to ALLAH to make ya papa A RESPONSIBLE SOUTH-SOUTH NIGERIAN MAN WEY NOR DEY FORGET IM PIKINS FOR BUSH OR OCEAN!

You suppose don 'h-arbot' yaself tey tey witi small shame. . . .JUST SAYING. . . IF I WERE YA!

Take kia!

*Back to work* cool

Mu che che che che che che
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by Gambrosia: 1:35am On Jan 21, 2013
How many pipo go quote this my post sef? undecided

Is it a crime to write the truth on NL? tongue

*My nyansh dey swell o* cool
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by Greatken007(m): 4:16am On Jan 21, 2013
Mine met on 2go before dey na linked up to Whatapps

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by whiteeyes: 6:10am On Jan 21, 2013
Oooops, I never did untill dad told the story in church on their 50th wedding anniversary. But ma mum had always sort of gisted the story indirectly sha.
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by greedie1(f): 6:18am On Jan 21, 2013
colombiana:
Dats means ur mama na josephine the dreamer. Wow really interestin I shud send dis tale to bollywood. E
hehe... u can be too. all u need do is to be close to God grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by tiagreat(f): 6:25am On Jan 21, 2013
i ask to my parents when i am 18 years old and they told me they were met when they are getting married to each other.i was so curious to know about their story and they told me everything about them very frenkly
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by sunnyt1(m): 6:30am On Jan 21, 2013
Ezeufi: Dad was just told by his father and his aunt, "Hey son, we've found a wife for you." And the rest is history. Mum and daddy are together for 42 years now.

Seriously, dat was how most of our parents met and they go on to live together for years, some of them 50ys, some 100yrs. Bt these days, despite courting and knowing each oda b4 marriage, people still end up splittin d bean, at times punching each oda like enemies, im talkin abt people who claimed to know each oda afta years of bein together.
Where did we get it wrong? Wats going on these days?
How many of our parents did courtship b4 eventually gettin married?
I asked my parents how they met and it ws jst a funny scenerio.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by ositadima1(m): 7:02am On Jan 21, 2013
obadiah777: MY PARENTS WERE ARRANGE MARRIAGE. MY DAD WAS IN ENGLAND. AND HIS FAMILY SENT A NIGERIAN WOMAN TO HIM OVER THERE grin grin grin TRUE STORY

Same with my parents too, only dat my dad was a student in Italy at the time. Mum is late now, but she was the best cook in the world...

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by stankezzy: 7:30am On Jan 21, 2013
Redmosquito:
Oya take am!
nobe by tomorrow now,if him become impotent,come mention your name,u no go fit deny am oo!!
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by danjkad: 7:54am On Jan 21, 2013

MU HE HE HE HE HE cheesy

God!!! U 're damn 2 funny
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by danjkad: 7:54am On Jan 21, 2013

MU HE HE HE HE HE cheesy

God!!! U 're damn 2 funny

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple In Arlington,tx In Trouble For Keeping Slaves. / Are Men Naturally Polygamous? / Why Mothers Should Be More Honoured And Respected Than Fathers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.