Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? (8113 Views)

Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? / Parents: How Do You Identify A Child's Talent? / Being The Only Child Of Your Parents: How Has It Been Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by greedie1(f): 8:05am On Jan 21, 2013
spikes C:

and so shall you never make it to the convent...my angeli-coco cheesy
embarassed embarassed i am my mother's daughter smiley
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by Exponental(m): 8:14am On Jan 21, 2013
Popsi had a break up from his gf. He met momsi thru his moda's friend. Got hooked up n married.
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 21, 2013
yes i have. Mom was in standard 4 and seventeen years old then and dad was a cartapilla operator in shell in Portharcourt(that was after doing standard six and he was twenty four years old). Dad was the third born in the family and the second son. He happened to come home one of the brief period he was given time off(hardly allow him to be away from work for two straight days). He went to his alma mata and told his headmaster(was a brilliant student while in school and wellbehaved too which earned him friendship with the headmaster. they still were till his death) that he needed a well home nutured and brilliant student to marry. The head master told him to go that he will put down his eyes for the search.
Omo the search began! In those days my mother said that people use to request the services of students from the school authority to help them in farm work. So it happened that my father's elder brother requested for such services and they went with their teacher who does the supervising. Because she was raised by her father as a man(her father had one male child after 5 females) she was hard working. She put all her strenght in making the ridges while her fellow students were merely lazying about and playing. That was where my uncle sited her and inquired about her parternity which she innocently gave. The following monday my uncle went to the school to inquire about her academic performance from the headmaster. When he arrived the headmaster said "eehe Egwu (my uncle's name) I'v found wife for your brother and she posseses the qualities he wanted in a wife". My uncle said "ok, i want to see her" deciding to talk about my mother later. The headmaster sent for the girl, lo and behold its that same girl my uncle came to ask of.
to cut the long story short message was sent to my father and he sent money to start the introduction(can u believe that? someone u havent met). Before you say jack my mother found herself in their house from which she operate to school with my dad's younger sister(her classmat who later became her best friend). for the remaining one year my mother stayed in that house she only saw my father once and that was after the third palm wine carrying which his elder brother was representing him. My father only came in the last palmwine carrying after which he took his wife and they lived happily afterward! loooooooool.
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by ositadima1(m): 8:51am On Jan 21, 2013
^^^ Nice story, reminds me of cinderella and the little glass slipper, nice...
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by jamesbridget13(f): 9:14am On Jan 21, 2013
I asked mum n she told me everything
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by AbdulAdam56(m): 9:38am On Jan 21, 2013
They met during civil war.

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 21, 2013
GboyegaD: My mom had come to visit her uncle who was like her dad then in Lagos because she lost her dad at an early age and then she met a Yoruba man who was schooling at UI. They exchanged address and started sending letters to each other. Fortunately, when NYSC was introduced in 1973, people were allowed to choose their choice of state so my dad used the opportunity to get himself posted to the old Bendel state so that he could be closed to the woman he had fallen in love with and 2years after they got married and were married for 34years before death separated them. My mom usually repeated the stories and some
challenges she encountered when they initially got married and the stories then was to prepare our hearts
for our marriage that it would have its challenges but
that we would need to work towards making it as
pleasant as theirs because what we grew up to enjoy
had its initial challenge.
So sad sad
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by oduz: 11:15am On Jan 21, 2013
Gambrosia:

You know? Off all the peeps that have quoted my post. . . I FIND YOU THE ONLY SUPREME IRRITANT. kiss

I DO NOT CARE TO FAMILIARIZE MYSELF WITH YOU. I HATE YOU ALREADY. INSTINCTIVELY TOO!!! TO THE BONE!!! kiss

It will be nice to read from you how your 'donors' met! wink
Did one pinch the other's bum-bum while selling 'agbalumo' along the road side. . . .? wink

https://www.nairaland.com/colombiana/posts

Gambrosia! Gambrosia! Gambrosia! ..... how many times did I call u? I don't think u understand Colombiana well enough, like others he meant no harm

He was only trying to be funny in is own way, or rather like the Egba that u tried to describe, throwing a joke & trying to pull an innocent straight face

Some do get it right,(like OBJ) some are not so lucky & their messages are mis understood,even OBJ's notice to Journalists in his farm was taken seriously by some

Some want u to write a book, others want a film, all I would request is that you read COLO's post again,& if u think it the way I do, offer him a simple apology

You have no enemies on this thread so far, I guess they missed the BRT bus to NL this morning

As for your overzealous suitors prompting u negatively instead of making peace, of course they are trying to reduce the competition.

CARRY GO my Dear cool

No surprises there. You have a knack for attacking the posts of others huh? YOU ARE BACKING UP THE WRONG TREE SUGAR! kiss

Your posts can tell us all we need to know about how your 'donors' connected! kiss
Pity! 2013. . .still an azzzze'ole! kiss No 'ope! ONCE A MONKEY'S AZZZE. . . ALWAYS A MONKEY'S AZZZZE!kiss

FYI. . .I don't do 'report buttons'! I will souuuuuuuuuuuuuund you myself! New ID or not. . .KEEP OFF!kiss

Not everyone cares to live a 'cowardly existence' on or offline. kiss

Take your 'shytty' fingers somewhere else! kiss

Thanks! kiss
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by oduz: 11:16am On Jan 21, 2013
[quote author=Gambrosia]

You know? Off all the peeps that have quoted my post. . . I FIND YOU THE ONLY SUPREME IRRITANT. kiss

Gambrosia! Gambrosia! Gambrosia! ..... how many times did I call u? I don't think u understand Colombiana well enough, like others he meant no harm

He was only trying to be funny in his own way, or rather like the Egba that u tried to describe, throwing a joke & trying to pull an innocent straight face

Some do get it right,(like OBJ) some are not so lucky & their messages are mis understood,even OBJ's notice to Journalists in his farm was taken seriously by some

Some want u to write a book, others want a film, all I would request is that you read COLO's post again,& if u see it the way I do, offer him a simple apology

You have no enemies on this thread so far, I guess they missed the BRT bus to NL this morning

As for your overzealous suitors prompting u negatively instead of making peace, of course they are trying to reduce the competition.

CARRY GO my Dear cool
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by mrscolite(f): 2:39pm On Jan 21, 2013
...My mum was what these days we call learner..she dated a guy for 7years and he still jilted her...age was not on her side so she was introduced to my dad who unfortunately she didn't fancy and to make matters worse has tribal marks cheesy..he liked her but she didn't like him....all his romantic advances were met with leave me alone with your tribal marks cry...he travelled abroad a lot but she never went with him just because she didn't like him,they only had sex to reproduce,despite the fact that he had money......15 years after and after many counselling my mum decides to be affectionate but my dad couldn't be bothered anymore everything she does he counters with oh I don't have tribal marks anymore? Eg: daddy blabla,r u ready to have lunch now= mummy blabla,so u can cook for a man with tribal marks? Or my tribal marks r not hungry, Thank u.
It has never worked and it will never work for the both of them.
embarassed
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by greedie1(f): 2:59pm On Jan 21, 2013
mrscolite: ...My mum was what these days we call learner..she dated a guy for 7years and he still jilted her...age was not on her side so she was introduced to my dad who unfortunately she didn't fancy and to make matters worse has tribal marks cheesy..he liked her but she didn't like him....all his romantic advances were met with leave me alone with your tribal marks cry...he travelled abroad a lot but she never went with him just because she didn't like him,they only had sex to reproduce,despite
the fact that he had money......15 years after and after many counselling my mum decides to be affectionate but my dad couldn't be bothered anymore everything she does he counters with oh I don't have tribal marks anymore? Eg: daddy blabla,r u
ready to have lunch now= mummy blabla,so u can cook for a man with tribal marks? Or my tribal marks r not hungry, Thank u.
It has never worked and it will never work
for the both of them.
embarassed

awww... dis shows dat marriage can survive without love.
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 21, 2013
mrscolite: ...My mum was what these days we call learner..she dated a guy for 7years and he still jilted her...age was not on her side so she was introduced to my dad who unfortunately she didn't fancy and to make matters worse has tribal marks cheesy..he liked her but she didn't like him....all his romantic advances were met with leave me alone with your tribal marks cry...he travelled abroad a lot but she never went with him just because she didn't like him,they only had sex to reproduce,despite the fact that he had money......15 years after and after many counselling my mum decides to be affectionate but my dad couldn't be bothered anymore everything she does he counters with oh I don't have tribal marks anymore? Eg: daddy blabla,r u ready to have lunch now= mummy blabla,so u can cook for a man with tribal marks? Or my tribal marks r not hungry, Thank u.
It has never worked and it will never work for the both of them.
embarassed

I don't get it, why did he marry a woman he knows despises him!
Speechless . . .
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 21, 2013
We never asked cos my dad couldn't stop talking about it!
My dad was living with his older cousin who was a Teacher and back in the days, it was a big thing!
His big cousin (my uncle) had this babe and he would always send my dad to her place with gifts for her.
So one day, my dad met her younger sister (my mum), and being the bad guy he was, he started splitting the lady's gifts into two . . one for her, one for her younger sister cheesy cheesy
To cut a long story short . . . They got married few years after my uncle did.
So now I have cousins from both sides cos my Dad's Cousin is married to my mother's sister . . . cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by konn: 5:26pm On Jan 21, 2013
my dad was in school and his family felt he was too old at that age to remain single so they packaged my mum to him and when he saw her it was love at first sight he just began to insert the sim card into the phone immediately untill we reach 11 (team nigeria)

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jan 21, 2013
they met at oshodi.ma dad was going 2 a place around 7 nd 8.dat was is first tym of bin dere.he didnt get d addres of d place he was going 2.he askd pple 4 d way dey didnt answer him.he later askd one lady she tld him d way.d lady is nao ma mum.dat was 27yrs ago nd dey re stil 2geda.
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by Gambrosia: 7:32pm On Jan 21, 2013
@oduz
Then you must be new to NL.
Sometimes I have bursts off EXTREME HATRED, you learn not to care when posts are innocent or not. Any wise Nairalander knows to avoid my LEVEL of insiduous toxicity created by NL itself. cool
No apologies. kiss..

Welcome to HOTLANTA. LIVE FROM THE ATL. TIME TO HAVE SOME FUN WITH DA HUSBAND! WE ARE BOTH OFF. cool

Obama is 'innuagurating'! My husband will not think of poohsie for one week!!! grin

I am soooooooo relieved!!!! I need to save my h-orgasms for Valentine's week!!! cool
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by fiftynaira(m): 10:19pm On Jan 21, 2013
they met in a farm land during the farming season my dad lent my mum his hoe... After that he collected her 2go username the rest became history.
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by mrscolite(f): 10:27pm On Jan 21, 2013
gree-die:

awww... dis shows dat marriage can survive without love.

Honestly..it is nt a good thing.
Ujujoan:

I don't get it, why did he marry a woman he knows despises him!
Speechless . . .

I guess he thought he could win her over...he travelled a lot and she was able to manage his business/finance properly on her own. I dunno really...
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by lifesabeach: 10:39pm On Jan 21, 2013
Of course my parents told me. My mum was in a convent training to become a nun, he saw her once in church, fell in love, would jump the convent fence just to go see her and bam!! she drops out, say she no wan be nun again after my dad peme her grin. Lo and behold! I came along. I for no dey here ooo! my dad na baaaad boy!~ He insists she was a virgin and when i got pregnant 3 weeks before my own wedding was why i heard this story tongue
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by komek(m): 11:55pm On Jan 21, 2013
Na package things they do my mama o. After the man don search tire. One village woman come look for one village girl for a guy man in the city. They wher together for 28yrs before the man died.
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by greedie1(f): 11:57pm On Jan 21, 2013
mrscolite:

Honestly..it is nt a good thing.
agreed
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by pavitrabalse07: 6:49am On Jan 22, 2013
yes. My mom answered in 2 lines.. ours is arrange marriage so parents selected and met with parent thats it smiley
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by Nobody: 7:08am On Jan 22, 2013
Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by MicroBox: 9:35am On Jan 22, 2013
Gambrosia:

This 'onyi-elede' don come again!
This thread is for people who actually KNOW THEIR FATHERS AND MOTHERS. . . .NOT ISREALI OR AFGHANISTAN SE-MEN EXTRACTORS for ashawo work!
Thank you! kiss

You dey 'jolos' say some of 'we' get Papa wey assshually CARRY awa mama 'across thresh-hold without getting 'hit and run' over? grin

Pele o!
Next time. . .pray to ALLAH to make ya papa A RESPONSIBLE SOUTH-SOUTH NIGERIAN MAN WEY NOR DEY FORGET IM PIKINS FOR BUSH OR OCEAN!

You suppose don 'h-arbot' yaself tey tey witi small shame. . . .JUST SAYING. . . IF I WERE YA!

Take kia!

*Back to work* cool

Mu che che che che che che
Guy wetin dey wory you? Must you comment over every body's comment on your post? Frnd get mature abeg. I initially find your post funny and interesting but now its rubbish. 4ck u.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met? by Gambrosia: 12:41pm On Jan 22, 2013
MicroBox:
Guy wetin dey wory you? Must you comment over every body's comment on your post? Frnd get mature abeg. I initially find your post funny and interesting but now its rubbish. 4ck u.

Thank you! kiss
So, how has your own counter, misfiring lash-back helped the situation? undecided I am so glad your own reetardation surpasses mine. kiss

Not to worry. At least, it is still the funniest response on THIS thread. I did not even mean it to be.

My manic period of INTENSE HATER- MANIA is over, for now. I have gotten some goooooooood sleep. kiss

Lucky you! kiss

To all who appreciate. . . . You have made my CYBER h-enemies really SAD!!!! grin

Thanks . . . . . . You inspire the love in me. cool There is hope. I am well on the way to getting my ENVIABLE, beautiful, sweeeeeeeet and loving MILITIA-spirit once again. cool

First, the exorcizing process MUST continue. I MUST DEAL RUTHLESSLY with these 2-facetted CYBER RATTLE SNAKES of cursed cowards who think they can make a whole AGENEBOBE babe likey moi an h-easy tarJET . . . . Mu ha ha ha ha ha ha grin
Then WE can ALL reconcile in 'rehab' if YOU (not me o cool) survive the spiritual warfare against 'cyber demons' on and offline wink

First to quench! Last woman/BOY standing!!!!!!!! cool

I DEY KAMKPEEEEEE!!! No SSSSSSAYKIN' cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Exclusive Breastfeeding: Challenges, Criticism, Experiences & Temptations / Are Men Naturally Polygamous? / Nigerian Couple In Arlington,tx In Trouble For Keeping Slaves.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.