Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,950 members, 7,814,225 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Judaism Or Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Judaism Or Christianity (2852 Views)

The Largest Religion In Nigeria? Islam Or Christianity? Detailed Analysis / Which One Came To Nigeria First Islam Or Christianity? / Satanism or Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Judaism Or Christianity by christemmbassey(m): 5:12pm On Jan 20, 2013
Most of the times christians and non-christians make the mistake of attributing everything in the bible to christianity. because of this christians feel obligated to defend some events especially those that happened in the old testament time. I want to state here that old testament judaism is a separate way of worship from christianity, Paul alluded to this when he stated in Gal:1:!3-14, "my conversation in time past in the 'jews religion". So my christian brothers and sisters let us consider this and be guided when we response to issues of the bible, we are christians and not jews. What do You think?
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 20, 2013
Hmm... That means no more ''atheists are fools'' o, because that is old testament runs.
Besides what happened to ''I have come to fufill the law, not abolish it''?
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by christemmbassey(m): 5:32pm On Jan 20, 2013
@logicboy and pagan. This thread no concern una, abeg walka pass, but if you must post here plz be civil, there are decent ppl here.
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by christemmbassey(m): 5:38pm On Jan 20, 2013
inurmind: Hmm... That means no more ''atheists are fools'' o, because that is old testament runs.
that was still old testament time, new testament started when Christ died. Can ynu read the will when the writer is still alive?
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by cyrexx: 5:43pm On Jan 20, 2013
@ OP,

But why do christians quote from the old testament if the old is for the Jews and not christians?
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 20, 2013
christemmbassey: that was still old testament time, new testament started when Christ died. Can ynu read the will when the writer is still alive?

No but you can read it after. Thats his will and its being read after his coming on earth.
No offence but I think your analogy favours me more than it does you.
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by christemmbassey(m): 6:03pm On Jan 20, 2013
cyrexx: @ OP,

But why do christians quote from the old testament if the old is for the Jews and not christians?
we quote from the old testament to make christians to realize their true positions in Christ. Its like this, a man marries a wife, and some one is telling the wife how good the man is, how he took good care of his former girl friend, so that the wife can undertand her good fortune, if the man could tke care of ordinary gf that much, imagime how he's going to treat the wife. By reffering to the old covenant we want the christians to realize that if God could take care of the ppl of the law so much, the ppl of grace should expect more.
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by christemmbassey(m): 6:04pm On Jan 20, 2013
cyrexx: @ OP,

Re: Judaism Or Christianity by christemmbassey(m): 6:12pm On Jan 20, 2013
inurmind:

No but you can read it after. Thats his will and its being read after his coming on earth.
No offence but I think your analogy favours me more than it does you.
sorry his testament is the new covenant with christians, the old covenant was with the jews.
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by ifeegee(f): 6:28pm On Jan 20, 2013
@op. The bible is an undiluted word of God that deals with the everyday life of a believer.Therefore. It does not come in parts but rather starts from the begiining,Genesis to the end Reveletion.....The part u attribute to Jews & non christians na only u sabi that one.
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by christemmbassey(m): 6:49pm On Jan 20, 2013
ifee-gee:
@op. The bible is an undiluted word of God that deals with the everyday life of a believer.Therefore. It does not come in parts but rather starts from the begiining,Genesis to the end Reveletion.....The part u attribute to Jews & non christians na only u sabi that one.
my sister this is the problem with todays believers, i mean their inability to realize that christianity is something diff from the jewish religion obviously becos of Jesus earthly background and they therefore practice judaism in christianity. Old testament which had the levitical priesthood at the core has nothing to do with christianity. That is why we dont have to sacrifice any animal for sin etc .
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by Bella3(f): 7:23pm On Jan 20, 2013
inurmind: Hmm... That means no more ''atheists are fools'' o, because that is old testament runs.
am sorry, bt if a certain law has been fulfiled, is there any need to continue believing/waiting on it?
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by Goshen360(m): 7:30pm On Jan 20, 2013
I love to participate in this interesting thread. This thread, I believe will set the captives free. I will suggest we use scriptures to explain scriptures as I have always taught here. Only bible explains bible, we only interpret and we are only told to interpret using scriptures to explain scriptures.
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by christemmbassey(m): 8:06pm On Jan 20, 2013
Goshen360: I love to participate in this interesting thread. This thread, I believe will set the captives free. I will suggest we use scriptures to explain scriptures as I have always taught here. Only bible explains bible, we only interpret and we are only told to interpret using scriptures to explain scriptures.
Goshen welcome, what do you think? I agree with ur using scripture to explain scripture. Lets get it on.
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by Goshen360(m): 8:30pm On Jan 20, 2013
First, ^^^ I STRONGLY agree with your opening post. However, some folks will begin to misunderstand the NT concept that we're teaching that Old is no more necessary and important to us in the NT. Let no one be confused! The scripture says the Gospel was hidden in the OT and the revelation contained in the OT is in fragments or pieces or parts. The NT is the real deal and complete revelation found/complete in Christ.

Many Pastors confuse church folks with OT and NT. You can't mix both together and enjoy the treasures of the NT. Truth be told, Christianity IS NOT Judaism!

1 Like

Re: Judaism Or Christianity by christemmbassey(m): 8:51pm On Jan 20, 2013
Goshen360: First, ^^^ I STRONGLY agree with your opening post. However, some folks will begin to misunderstand the NT concept that we're teaching that Old is no more necessary and important to us in the NT. Let no one be confused! The scripture says the Gospel was hidden in the OT and the revelation contained in the OT is in fragments or pieces or parts. The NT is the real deal and complete revelation found/complete in Christ.

Many Pastors confuse church folks with OT and NT. You can't mix both together and enjoy the treasures of the NT. Truth be told, Christianity IS NOT Judaism!
great, but if they dont confuse believers with old testament stuffs how will they get their 10%, firsts fruites and sowing of seeds? 2Peter2:17-19
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by Goshen360(m): 8:58pm On Jan 20, 2013
King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In you shall all nations be blessed. - Galatians 3:8

Here we see by complete revelation that the gospel started from Genesis. It continued until the Prophets and the to Christ. Bear in mind, from Genesis to the Prophets and till Christ came and died, all of those Gospel preached were old testament nature that was for that time and it NOT COMPLETE revelation. Let me use scriptures now,

Expanded Bible (EXB)
In the past [Long ago] God spoke to our ancestors [forefathers; fathers] through the prophets many times [or in a fragmentary/partial way;  in many parts] and in many different ways. But now in these last days God has spoken to us through his Son [or a son; 1:3]. God has chosen [appointed] his Son to own [be heir/inheritor of] all things, and through him he made the world [universe; ages;  comprising both space and time; John 1:3]. - Hebrews 1:1-2

New Living Translation (©2007)
Then Jesus took them through the writings of Moses and all the prophets, explaining from all the Scriptures the things concerning himself. - Luke 24:27

Except one doesn't believe or accept Moses as the writer of Genesis. To them during the time of Genesis, they don't have the complete revelation that we have today. The NT has completed the revelation hidden in the OT. It has revealed it and completed it, why are folks still trying to google around the Old. Is the Old part of scriptures? YES! Should we tear it away from scriptures? NO! It is for our learning so we can appreciate where we are coming from and ALL scriptures (Old and New) is given by inspiration of God and profitable for teachings, instruction etc. Does ALL scriptures APPLY to Christians? NO!
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by Goshen360(m): 9:03pm On Jan 20, 2013
christemmbassey: great, but if they dont confuse believers with old testament stuffs how will they get their 10%, firsts fruites and sowing of seeds? 2Peter2:17-19

As long as Christians don't understand EXACTLY what Christ meant when he was revealing to the disciples things concerning himself FROM MOSES to the PROPHETS, they will keep getting being confused. See how first fruits was pointing to Christ and Christ already fulfilled it in the NT complete revelation,

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. - 1 Corinthians 15:23
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by Goshen360(m): 9:42pm On Jan 20, 2013
Well, I have many things to contribute to this thread but I'm constrained by time for now. Hopefully, I will come back to continue. Lemme leave you guys with this truth for now. Scripture makes it very clear that anyone who teaches that Christians should mix Christ's teachings with Jewish regulations is a FALSE teacher.

Amplified Bible (AMP)
[My precaution was] because of false brethren who had been secretly smuggled in [to the Christian brotherhood]; they had slipped in to spy on our liberty and the freedom which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might again bring us into bondage [under the Law of Moses].

Even that question came up only because of some so-called Christians there--false ones, really--who were secretly brought in. They sneaked in to spy on us and take away the freedom we have in Christ Jesus. They wanted to enslave us and force us to follow their Jewish regulations. - Galatians 2:4

What Christianity operates on; different from the law of Moses which is of sin and death IS the law of the Spirit, of life in Christ Jesus. We must also understand that the bible as a whole is written to three groups - Jews, Gentiles and the church of God, 1 Corinthians 10:32. Christians must know when we were en-grafted into God's covenant and redemption plan. Scripture says the first covenant was ONLY between God and Israel. The church of God under the NT has no business with the first covenant and that first covenant had been taken away (in mathematics, it means minus or subtraction) so that the New covenant can be added (meaning, plus).

Expanded Bible (EXB)
The first agreement [covenant; contract;  given to Israel through Moses; 8:7, 13] had rules [regulations; requirements] for worship and a place on earth for worship [ earthly sanctuary/holy place].

That first covenant between God and Israel had regulations for worship and a place of worship here on earth.- Hebrews 9:1

Now, God himself took AWAY the FIRST (agreement or covenant or contract) here in order to establish the second or new.

Amplified Bible (AMP)
When God speaks of a new [covenant or agreement], He makes the first one obsolete (out of use). And what is obsolete (out of use and annulled because of age) is ripe for disappearance and to be dispensed with altogether. - Hebrews 8:13

What is the 'first one' here? You don't have to guess - it's what you have in Hebrews 9:1 which is the following verse to Hebrews 8:13 in context. Christians are called to the complete truth and revelation of the NT, in Spirit and life. That's why Apostle Paul said, "Christ has MADE us ministers of the NEW COVENANT...."

I have to go now please. I need to attend to other issues for today.
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by christemmbassey(m): 10:10pm On Jan 20, 2013
@Goshen thank you so much, God bless.
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jan 20, 2013
christemmbassey: sorry his testament is the new covenant with christians, the old covenant was with the jews.

And his testament instructs you to obey the commandments.
But hey, whatever rocks your boat, don't want this to turn to some heated futile debate, just want you to truly understand yourself.
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jan 20, 2013
Bélla3: am sorry, bt if a certain law has been fulfiled, is there any need to continue believing/waiting on it?

Ask Jesus.grin
But seriously, I think he meant it was a continuous process. If the NT still exists then so should the OT which is being fully understood and ''fulfilled'' through it.
Besides, me no be theist o, no let me confuse you, I'm just the average ''fool''.

#bible scholar mode deactivated#

Hey, did you get the song? How was it?
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by Bella3(f): 11:05pm On Jan 20, 2013
inurmind:

Ask Jesus.grin
But seriously, I think he meant it was a continuous process. If the NT still exists then so should the OT which is being fully understood and ''fulfilled'' through it.
Besides, me no be theist o, no let me confuse you, I'm just the average ''fool''.

#bible scholar mode deactivated#

Hey, did you get the song? How was it?
NO, any link to where i cn download songs like that?
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by Rotmyt: 11:08pm On Jan 20, 2013
Following.
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jan 20, 2013
Bélla3: NO, any link to where i cn download songs like that?

Hmm... Well you could try mp3skull.com. If that doesn't work then try waptrick.com.

On a second note, just checked it, try here:
http://waptrick.com/load-file/FT/221964/ringtones/fullmp3best/Labrinth_Ft_Emeli_Sande_Beneath_Your_Beautiful.mp3
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by easyresearch(m): 11:37pm On Jan 20, 2013
Judaism is a religion of throught and light while sunday worshiper worship sun God.JESUS CHRIST and other Appostle practice Judaism.

1 Like

Re: Judaism Or Christianity by Goshen360(m): 4:50am On Jan 21, 2013
easyresearch: Judaism is a religion of throught and light while sunday worshiper worship sun God.JESUS CHRIST and other Appostle practice Judaism.

...and is Christianity the same as Judaism?

1 Like

Re: Judaism Or Christianity by MostHigh: 1:00pm On Jan 21, 2013
1. If christ is a jew and lived the life of a jew as we see in the scriptures and you are a christian are you really on the same path as the master?
2. How do you reconcile the contradictions between the way of life of the master and his followers today?
3. correct me if I am wrong but the sermon on the mount though meant for all true belivers was given to a predominantly jewish audience hence the constant reference to the books of torah with great emphasis on deutronomy (the reminding of the LAW)

If a jewish man is talking to a jewish people about a jewish way of life then how does christianity fit in if prophetically in the Kingdom age we will be living the same way of life AS THE JEW OR BETTER SAID ISREALITE?

Peace,love and joy!!!
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by MostHigh: 1:04pm On Jan 21, 2013
1. With reference to romans 1:16 why the jew first why not the gentile first and why the distinction between jew first and then gentile

after all a gentile is technically an unbeliver?

Does a gentile not need to be a believer to obtain salvation

2. john 10:16 if isreal reborn is to be one nation under God what is the constitution of this nation?

is it based on jewish law or christian law kind of tricky isnt it?

There are many references to yashua ibn joseph's views on the jews and salvation.

Peace love and joy!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Satan Called A Worldwide Convention Of Demons / All Religions Present The Sons Of God As Almighty God / Solution To Homosexual Has Now Been Discovered!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.