Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Judaism Or Christianity - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Judaism Or Christianity (2885 Views)

The Largest Religion In Nigeria? Islam Or Christianity? Detailed Analysis / Which One Came To Nigeria First Islam Or Christianity? / Satanism or Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Judaism Or Christianity by MostHigh: 1:09pm On Jan 21, 2013
As I remember corretly the first psalm indicates that there are only 2 men 2 ways and 2 destinies there is no middle ground with God.

Rev 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth

Which would you rather be jew or gentile or a mixture of both (christian possibly)

Also how do you explain the reference to JEWS in the verse below

Rev 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and [I know] the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but [are] the synagogue of Satan.

Peace Love And joy!!!
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by MostHigh: 1:11pm On Jan 21, 2013
If you were to open up any book of definitions (dictionary) for example the definition for jew and christian would be completely different wether carnal or spiritual.

And thier ways of life completely different.

you cannot change a jew to a christian by just wishing it

what do you think?

Mat 15:7 [Ye] hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
Mat 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with [their] lips; but their heart is far from me.
Mat 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching [for] doctrines the commandments of men.

Peace love and joy!!!!
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by mazaje(m): 1:41pm On Jan 21, 2013
The old testament has been replaced by the new testament, and the new testament says Jesus did not come to abolish the law or prophets...
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by Goshen360(m): 1:48pm On Jan 21, 2013
mazaje: The old testament has been replaced by the new testament, and the new testament says Jesus did not come to abolish the law or prophets...

What does Christ's statement mean? And do you try to find (search) out why Jesus said that?
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by mazaje(m): 2:07pm On Jan 21, 2013
Goshen360:

What does Christ's statement mean? And do you try to find (search) out why Jesus said that?

The TRUTH of the matter is that you do NOT know what his statements TRULY mean, you can ONLY self project and give me your OWN personal opinion and interpretation. . .If I ask another person he will give me his own personal opinion and interpretation as well. . .Many will take the literal interpretation. . . You did not write the passage as such claiming some special knowledge over what the passage truly means is nothing but projecting your own personal opinion. . .That is the FACT of the matter. . .What his statement means is what was written there. . .
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by Goshen360(m): 2:25pm On Jan 21, 2013
Na so you dey talk. All you have to do is use scriptures to explain scriptures. That's how it goes. Same words of Christ should be used to interpret another statement of his.
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by mazaje(m): 2:29pm On Jan 21, 2013
OK, what does his statement mean?. . .What does it mean when he says he has not come to abolish the laws of the prophets but to full-fill them?. . .
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by Goshen360(m): 2:41pm On Jan 21, 2013
Put Luke 24:27 together with Romans 10:4 and see how it fits into Christ's words. Let's see what you make out of it.
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by MostHigh: 2:46pm On Jan 21, 2013
Brethren pls yashas words are in plain english abi?
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by Bella3(f): 3:59pm On Jan 21, 2013
inurmind:

Hmm... Well you could try mp3skull.com. If that doesn't work then try waptrick.com.

On a second note, just checked it, try here:
http://waptrick.com/load-file/FT/221964/ringtones/fullmp3best/Labrinth_Ft_Emeli_Sande_Beneath_Your_Beautiful.mp3
THANX
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 21, 2013
Bélla3: THANX

You're welcome. But now I really have to go. Be back in a fortnight, and will be coming back to create a thread that will surprise both atheists and theists.

#singing timberland's ''if we ever meet again'' and leaving#

'I'll never be the same
if we ever meet again
won't let you get away
if we ever meet again'grin
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by christemmbassey(m): 8:16pm On Jan 21, 2013
mazaje:

The TRUTH of the matter is that you do NOT know what his statements TRULY mean, you can ONLY self project and give me your OWN personal opinion and interpretation. . .If I ask another person he will give me his own personal opinion and interpretation as well. . .Many will take the literal interpretation. . . You did not write the passage as such claiming some special knowledge over what the passage truly means is nothing but projecting your own personal opinion. . .That is the FACT of the matter. . .What his statement means is what was written there. . .
Christ talking about the Holy Spirit, that when He come will teach us all things, remind us what Christ taught and will lead us to all truth, so this ur self projecting stuff doesnt explain anything, and the truth about the whole thing is if ure not a matured Holy Spirit led Christian it will be very difi for you to understand a word from the bible. An atheist can go as far as the five senses but not beyond. That is why i can understan wgoshen and he too understand me, both of us are led by the Spirit.
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by christemmbassey(m): 8:18pm On Jan 21, 2013
When Christ said i did not come to abolish the law but to fulfill it....., he meant that he came to rap up the old dispensation so that it could be set aside for the new one to begin. That was why he came in a canal form so that everything flesh should be concluded for the spiritual to take over. Plz read Rm 8:1-11
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by Bella3(f): 12:13am On Jan 22, 2013
inurmind:

You're welcome. But now I really have to go. Be back in a fortnight, and will be coming back to create a thread that will surprise both atheists and theists.

#singing timberland's ''if we ever meet again'' and leaving#

'I'll never be the same
if we ever meet again
won't let you get away
if we ever meet again'grin
hmmm, nw am anxious!
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by MostHigh: 4:37pm On Jan 28, 2013
[quote author=christemmbassey]When Christ said i did not come to abolish the law but to fulfill it....., he meant that he came to rap up the old dispensation so that it could be set aside for the new one to begin. That was why he came in a canal form so that everything flesh should be concluded for the spiritual to take over. Plz read Rm 8:1-11[/quote

Why are you misinterpreting the words of the master

This is your interpretation and it is false

How do you fufill somthing by setting it aside (your own words)

The book of hebrews specifically states that it was the type of sacrifice that had changed hence the priesthood was changed.

In the bible we can see clearly that we have the law of sacrifices then the instructions and teachings

Are you saying the insrtuctions and teachings are no more? you lie!!

My brethren it is simple english with a literal explanation

1. To Abolish is to do away with

2. To fufill is to confirm

peace love and joy!!!!
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by SNCOQ3(m): 6:46pm On Jan 28, 2013
Christians are Spiritual Jews.
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by Goshen360(m): 4:13am On Jan 29, 2013
@ MostHigh,

How then do we interpret your statement with this verse?

Expanded Bible (EXB)
[ For] Christ ended [is the end/culmination/fulfillment of] the law so that everyone who believes in him may be right with God [have righteousness]. - Romans 10:4

MostHigh:

Why are you misinterpreting the words of the master

This is your interpretation and it is false

How do you fufill somthing by setting it aside (your own words)

The book of hebrews specifically states that it was the type of sacrifice that had changed hence the priesthood was changed.

In the bible we can see clearly that we have the law of sacrifices then the instructions and teachings

Are you saying the insrtuctions and teachings are no more? you lie!!

My brethren it is simple english with a literal explanation

1. To Abolish is to do away with

2. To fufill is to confirm

peace love and joy!!!!

Re: Judaism Or Christianity by MostHigh: 12:56pm On Jan 29, 2013
SNCOQ3: Christians are Spiritual Jews.

There is no such thing.

Whatever one practices spiritually must manifest in the physical realm also.

So are you saying christian live like jews??
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by MostHigh: 1:40pm On Jan 29, 2013
Goshen360: @ MostHigh,

How then do we interpret your statement with this verse?

Expanded Bible (EXB)
[ For] Christ ended [is the end/culmination/fulfillment of] the law so that everyone who believes in him may be right with God [have righteousness]. - Romans 10:4

We have to be very clear and focused here.

The law of SACRIFICES had to change because the priesthood was changed,

WHAT ABOUT THE LAWS OF THE SET FEAST DAYS,VOWS,TEN COMMANDMENTS ... ETC. ARE THEY ABOLISHED ALSO?
Hbr 10:8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and [offering] for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure [therein]; which are offered by the law;
Hbr 10:9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first SACRIFICE, that he may establish the second.

ON THE ISSUE OF OFFERINGS AND SACRIFICE
The Epistle to the Hebrews states that the killing of animals does not end sin and therefore must be repeated, and the ritual intercession of a human PASTOR in a man-made temple does not end the need for intercession and so year after year new intercessions must be made (Hebrews 10). PLS NOTE THIS MY CHURCH GOING BRETHREN

It goes on to say that Jesus offered the one sacrifice that was acceptable to God, and that he lives forever as a high priest so there is no other PASTOR needed.

But the instructions and teachings remain valid tools for right living.
Num 29:39 ¶ These [things] ye shall do unto the LORD in your (SET FEASTS), beside your (VOWS), and your freewill offerings, for your burnt offerings, and for your meat offerings, and for your drink offerings, and for your peace offerings.

PLEASE NOTE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN

1. SET FEASTS LIKE THE PASSOVER WHICH HAVE BEEN ORDAINED AS AN OBSERVANCE FOREVER
Exd 12:14 And this day shall be unto you for a memorial; and ye shall keep it a feast to the LORD throughout your generations; ye shall keep it a feast by an ordinance for ever. ARE YOU SPIRITUAL ISREAL ? IF YOUR ANSWER IS YES THEN MOST LIKELY YOU WILL BE OBSERVING THE FEASTS DAYS ALREADY IN PREPARATION FOR THE RETURN OF THE MASTER
Hbr 10:16 This [is] the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my (LAWS) into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

2. VOWS AS PERSONAL OATHS BETWEEN YOU AND THE MOST HIGH, SUCH AS THE VOW OF THE NAZARITE THAT WAS TAKEN BY YASHAU, JOHN THE BAPTIST, APOSTLE PAUL, AND ALL THE OTHER APOSTLES.

3.THE ONE SACRIFICE OR NEW SACRIFICE IS SELF SACRIFICE AND THE NEW TEMPLE IS THE BODY WHICH WE MUST KEEP CLEAN BY OBSERVING ALL THE WORDS WE SPEAK AND PEFORMING GOOD WORKS,
You Must Deny Yourself, Take Up Your Cross Daily And Follow Me

PEACE LOVE AND JOY!!!
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by Goshen360(m): 8:01pm On Jan 29, 2013
@ MostHigh,

There's no specification as to which law was set aside or which ones were left. The entire ten commandments, sacrificial, ceremonial and civil law was all set aside and done away with. I can begin to show you scriptures that SPECIFICALLY CALLED THE TEN COMMANDMENTS THE OLD COVENANTS AND COMMANDMENTS.

So, when you read in another scriptures that the law was set aside and abolished, it means ALL of it with non exception.
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by MostHigh: 1:48pm On Jan 30, 2013
Goshen360: @ MostHigh,

There's no specification as to which law was set aside or which ones were left. The entire ten commandments, sacrificial, ceremonial and civil law was all set aside and done away with. I can begin to show you scriptures that SPECIFICALLY CALLED THE TEN COMMANDMENTS THE OLD COVENANTS AND COMMANDMENTS.

So, when you read in another scriptures that the law was set aside and abolished, it means ALL of it with non exception.

GOSHEN WELL DONE

CONTRARY TO WHAT YOU HAVE SAID THE BOOK OF HEBREWS SPECIFICALLY TALKS ABOUT DOING AWAY WITH A PARTICULAR PRIESTHOOD AND WE ALL KNOW PRIESTHOOD AND SACRIFICE GO TOGETHER.
FOR YOUR STATEMENTS YASHUA SAYS I SHOULD PUT YOU UNDER MY FEET MATH 5:17
HOW COME CHRIST FUFILLED ALL WITHIN THE LAW AND EVEN ASKED YOU TO DO THE SAME MATH 5:17
PLS CAN YOU INCLUDE IN YOUR REFERENCES WORDS OF YASHUA AS OPPSED TO CONTRADICTIONS FROM PAUL

PAUL WAS A NAZERITE LAWFULL
JAMES AND THE COUNCIL SAY DONT EAT STRANGLED ANIMALS THIS IS LAWFULL AS WELL
SO MR GOSHEN TELL US WHAT NEW LAWS YOU HAVE WRITTEN YOURSELF TO COUNTERACT THE APPARENT SINFULLNES WE SEE IN THE WORLD SINCE YOU ARE ABOVE THE MOST HIGH

THE TEMPLE OF THE MILLENNIAL KINGDOM IS DESCRIBED IN DETAIL IN EZEKIEL CHAPTERS 40-44. ALTHOUGH WE WILL NOT GO INTO THE DETAILS HERE, WE WILL MENTION A FEW KEY POINTS. THE GLORY OF THE LORD WILL FILL THE TEMPLE (EZEKIEL 43:5). THE LAW GIVEN BY GOD THROUGH MOSES WILL STILL BE KEPT INCLUDING THE SACRIFICES (EZEKIEL 43:19-27). THE LEVITES WILL STILL MINISTER IN THE TEMPLE (EZEKIEL 44:9-11). THE LAWS AND STATUTES DELIVERED BY MOSES WILL BE OBEYED (EZEKIEL 44:24). EZEKIEL 44:25 AND 31 SHOW FURTHER EVIDENCE THAT SOME DEATH OF PEOPLE AND ANIMALS CAN AND WILL OCCUR IN THE KINGDOM. THE SABBATHS AND FEASTS OF THE ISRAEL WILL STILL BE KEPT INCLUDING THE PASSOVER, THE FEAST OF UNLEAVENED BREAD (EZEKIEL 45:21), AND THE FEAST OF TABERNACLES (EZEKIEL 45:25). IT WILL BE WELL KNOWN BY ALL THAT JESUS CHRIST GAVE HIS LIFE AS THE PERFECT SACRIFICE FOR ALL MANKIND. NONE-THE-LESS, THE PROPHECY REVEALS THAT THE SACRIFICES WILL STILL BE KEPT AND THE LAW OF MOSES STRICTLY FOLLOWED.

“AND YE SHALL BE UNTO ME A KINGDOM OF PRIESTS, AND AN HOLY NATION...” (EX. 19: 6). THIS IS THE FIRST REFERENCE TO THE KINGDOM AS IT IS RELATED TO GOD

"THUS SAITH THE LORD OF HOSTS; IT SHALL YET COME TO PASS, THAT THERE SHALL COME PEOPLE, AND THE INHABITANTS OF MANY CITIES: AND THE INHABITANTS OF ONE CITY SHALL GO TO ANOTHER, SAYING, LET US GO SPEEDILY TO PRAY BEFORE THE LORD, AND TO SEEK THE LORD OF HOSTS: I WILL GO ALSO. YEA, MANY PEOPLE AND STRONG NATIONS SHALL COME TO SEEK THE LORD OF HOSTS IN JERUSALEM, AND TO PRAY BEFORE THE LORD. THUS SAITH THE LORD OF HOSTS; IN THOSE DAYS IT SHALL COME TO PASS, THAT TEN MEN SHALL TAKE HOLD OUT OF ALL LANGUAGES OF THE NATIONS, EVEN SHALL TAKE HOLD OF THE SKIRT OF HIM THAT IS A (JEW), SAYING, WE WILL GO WITH YOU: FOR WE HAVE HEARD THAT GOD IS WITH YOU" (ZECHARIAH 8:20-23). PLS NOTE THE WORD JEW HERE

JEREMIAH 31:33-34
33 "BUT THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD: I WILL PUT MY LAW IN THEIR MINDS, AND WRITE IT ON THEIR HEARTS; AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE. 34 "NO MORE SHALL EVERY MAN TEACH HIS NEIGHBOR, AND EVERY MAN HIS BROTHER, SAYING, 'KNOW THE LORD,' FOR THEY ALL SHALL KNOW ME, FROM THE LEAST OF THEM TO THE GREATEST OF THEM, SAYS THE LORD. FOR I WILL FORGIVE THEIR INIQUITY, AND THEIR SIN I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE." PLEASE NOTE THE WORD LAW HERE

GOD HAS MADE PROVISION FOR THE ELECT GENTILES BY GRAFTING THEM WITH PRECEDING BELIEVERS (ROM. 11).

ALTHOUGH GOD ALLOWED ISRAEL TO CHOOSE THEIR KING, GOD SAFEGUARDED THE PRINCIPLE OF KINGSHIP IN A MONARCHICAL GOVERNMENT UNDER KING DAVID (DEUT. 17: 14-20). THE KING WAS DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE TO GOD, AND THE PEOPLE WERE NO LESS RESPONSIBLE THAN THEIR KING.

ISAIAH ALSO SAYS, ISAIAH 56:7 “EVEN THEM I WILL BRING TO MY HOLY MOUNTAIN, AND MAKE THEM JOYFUL IN MY HOUSE OF PRAYER. THEIR BURNT OFFERINGS AND THEIR SACRIFICES WILL BE ACCEPTED ON MY ALTAR; FOR MY HOUSE SHALL BE CALLED A HOUSE OF PRAYER FOR ALL NATIONS."

ISA 66:23 "AND IT SHALL COME TO PASS THAT FROM ONE NEW MOON TO ANOTHER, AND FROM ONE SABBATH TO ANOTHER, ALL FLESH SHALL COME TO WORSHIP BEFORE ME," SAYS THE LORD. ISA. 66:23 TEACHES THAT WE WILL KEEP THE SABBATH, IT ALSO TEACHES WE WILL KEEP THE NEW MOON FESTIVAL! THIS IS ON EARTH IN THE MILLENNIUM PERIOD.

THE NEW MOON FESTIVALS, THE FEAST OF TABERNACLES, AND THE SABBATHS, WERE SET TIMES AMONG THE HEBREWS (NOT GENTILES) FOR THE WORSHIP OF GOD; IN THE MILLENNIUM THESE WILL BE USED AS THE REMINDERS FOR THE ASSEMBLY OF WORSHIP AS GOD WILL BE CELEBRATED IN ALL NATIONS.

PEACE LOVE AND JOY!!!!
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by christemmbassey(m): 3:05pm On Jan 30, 2013
MostHigh:

GOSHEN WELL DONE

CONTRARY TO WHAT YOU HAVE SAID THE BOOK OF HEBREWS SPECIFICALLY TALKS ABOUT DOING AWAY WITH A PARTICULAR PRIESTHOOD AND WE ALL KNOW PRIESTHOOD AND SACRIFICE GO TOGETHER.
FOR YOUR STATEMENTS YASHUA SAYS I SHOULD PUT YOU UNDER MY FEET MATH 5:17
HOW COME CHRIST FUFILLED ALL WITHIN THE LAW AND EVEN ASKED YOU TO DO THE SAME MATH 5:17
PLS CAN YOU INCLUDE IN YOUR REFERENCES WORDS OF YASHUA AS OPPSED TO CONTRADICTIONS FROM PAUL

PAUL WAS A NAZERITE LAWFULL
JAMES AND THE COUNCIL SAY DONT EAT STRANGLED ANIMALS THIS IS LAWFULL AS WELL
SO MR GOSHEN TELL US WHAT NEW LAWS YOU HAVE WRITTEN YOURSELF TO COUNTERACT THE APPARENT SINFULLNES WE SEE IN THE WORLD SINCE YOU ARE ABOVE THE MOST HIGH

THE TEMPLE OF THE MILLENNIAL KINGDOM IS DESCRIBED IN DETAIL IN EZEKIEL CHAPTERS 40-44. ALTHOUGH WE WILL NOT GO INTO THE DETAILS HERE, WE WILL MENTION A FEW KEY POINTS. THE GLORY OF THE LORD WILL FILL THE TEMPLE (EZEKIEL 43:5). THE LAW GIVEN BY GOD THROUGH MOSES WILL STILL BE KEPT INCLUDING THE SACRIFICES (EZEKIEL 43:19-27). THE LEVITES WILL STILL MINISTER IN THE TEMPLE (EZEKIEL 44:9-11). THE LAWS AND STATUTES DELIVERED BY MOSES WILL BE OBEYED (EZEKIEL 44:24). EZEKIEL 44:25 AND 31 SHOW FURTHER EVIDENCE THAT SOME DEATH OF PEOPLE AND ANIMALS CAN AND WILL OCCUR IN THE KINGDOM. THE SABBATHS AND FEASTS OF THE ISRAEL WILL STILL BE KEPT INCLUDING THE PASSOVER, THE FEAST OF UNLEAVENED BREAD (EZEKIEL 45:21), AND THE FEAST OF TABERNACLES (EZEKIEL 45:25). IT WILL BE WELL KNOWN BY ALL THAT JESUS CHRIST GAVE HIS LIFE AS THE PERFECT SACRIFICE FOR ALL MANKIND. NONE-THE-LESS, THE PROPHECY REVEALS THAT THE SACRIFICES WILL STILL BE KEPT AND THE LAW OF MOSES STRICTLY FOLLOWED.

“AND YE SHALL BE UNTO ME A KINGDOM OF PRIESTS, AND AN HOLY NATION...” (EX. 19: 6). THIS IS THE FIRST REFERENCE TO THE KINGDOM AS IT IS RELATED TO GOD

"THUS SAITH THE LORD OF HOSTS; IT SHALL YET COME TO PASS, THAT THERE SHALL COME PEOPLE, AND THE INHABITANTS OF MANY CITIES: AND THE INHABITANTS OF ONE CITY SHALL GO TO ANOTHER, SAYING, LET US GO SPEEDILY TO PRAY BEFORE THE LORD, AND TO SEEK THE LORD OF HOSTS: I WILL GO ALSO. YEA, MANY PEOPLE AND STRONG NATIONS SHALL COME TO SEEK THE LORD OF HOSTS IN JERUSALEM, AND TO PRAY BEFORE THE LORD. THUS SAITH THE LORD OF HOSTS; IN THOSE DAYS IT SHALL COME TO PASS, THAT TEN MEN SHALL TAKE HOLD OUT OF ALL LANGUAGES OF THE NATIONS, EVEN SHALL TAKE HOLD OF THE SKIRT OF HIM THAT IS A (JEW), SAYING, WE WILL GO WITH YOU: FOR WE HAVE HEARD THAT GOD IS WITH YOU" (ZECHARIAH 8:20-23). PLS NOTE THE WORD JEW HERE

33 "BUT THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD: I WILL PUT MY LAW IN THEIR MINDS, AND WRITE IT ON THEIR HEARTS; AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE. 34 "NO MORE SHALL EVERY MAN TEACH HIS NEIGHBOR, AND EVERY MAN HIS BROTHER, SAYING, 'KNOW THE LORD,' FOR THEY ALL SHALL KNOW ME, FROM THE LEAST OF THEM TO THE GREATEST OF THEM, SAYS THE LORD. FOR I WILL FORGIVE THEIR INIQUITY, AND THEIR SIN I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE." PLEASE NOTE THE WORD LAW HERE

GOD HAS MADE PROVISION FOR THE ELECT GENTILES BY GRAFTING THEM WITH PRECEDING BELIEVERS (ROM. 11).

ALTHOUGH GOD ALLOWED ISRAEL TO CHOOSE THEIR KING, GOD SAFEGUARDED THE PRINCIPLE OF KINGSHIP IN A MONARCHICAL GOVERNMENT UNDER KING DAVID (DEUT. 17: 14-20). THE KING WAS DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE TO GOD, AND THE PEOPLE WERE NO LESS RESPONSIBLE THAN THEIR KING.

ISAIAH ALSO SAYS, ISAIAH 56:7 “EVEN THEM I WILL BRING TO MY HOLY MOUNTAIN, AND MAKE THEM JOYFUL IN MY HOUSE OF PRAYER. THEIR BURNT OFFERINGS AND THEIR SACRIFICES WILL BE ACCEPTED ON MY ALTAR; FOR MY HOUSE SHALL BE CALLED A HOUSE OF PRAYER FOR ALL NATIONS."

ISA 66:23 "AND IT SHALL COME TO PASS THAT FROM ONE NEW MOON TO ANOTHER, AND FROM ONE SABBATH TO ANOTHER, ALL FLESH SHALL COME TO WORSHIP BEFORE ME," SAYS THE LORD. ISA. 66:23 TEACHES THAT WE WILL KEEP THE SABBATH, IT ALSO TEACHES WE WILL KEEP THE NEW MOON FESTIVAL! THIS IS ON EARTH IN THE MILLENNIUM PERIOD.

THE NEW MOON FESTIVALS, THE FEAST OF TABERNACLES, AND THE SABBATHS, WERE SET TIMES AMONG THE HEBREWS (NOT GENTILES) FOR THE WORSHIP OF GOD; IN THE MILLENNIUM THESE WILL BE USED AS THE REMINDERS FOR THE ASSEMBLY OF WORSHIP AS GOD WILL BE CELEBRATED IN ALL NATIONS.

PEACE LOVE AND JOY!!!!
pls are you a jew or christian?

2 Likes

Re: Judaism Or Christianity by truthislight: 4:40pm On Jan 30, 2013
My friend, what really is your interest? are you a Jew?

You have said a lot of things, but it seems you are trying to bend scriptures to suit a certain doctrin that is not supported by the (bible) new convanant.

MostHigh:

PLS TELL US YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF THE MILLENNIAL REIGN. WITH SCRIPTURAL REFERENCE , AND LETS MOVE FOREWARD.

ISA 66:23 "AND IT SHALL COME TO PASS THAT FROM ONE NEW MOON TO ANOTHER, AND FROM ONE SABBATH TO ANOTHER, ALL FLESH SHALL COME TO WORSHIP BEFORE ME," SAYS THE LORD. ISA. 66:23 TEACHES THAT WE WILL KEEP THE SABBATH, IT ALSO TEACHES WE WILL KEEP THE NEW MOON FESTIVAL! THIS IS ON EARTH IN THE MILLENNIUM PERIOD- NOT IN HEAVEN."

PEACE LOVE AND JOY!!!!

what is this below? :

MostHigh:
THE TEMPLE OF THE MILLENNIAL KINGDOM IS DESCRIBED IN DETAIL IN EZEKIEL CHAPTERS 40-44. ALTHOUGH WE WILL NOT GO INTO THE DETAILS HERE, WE WILL MENTION A FEW KEY POINTS. THE GLORY OF THE LORD WILL FILL THE TEMPLE (EZEKIEL 43:5). THE LAW GIVEN BY GOD THROUGH MOSES WILL STILL BE KEPT INCLUDING THE SACRIFICES (EZEKIEL 43:19-27). THE LEVITES WILL STILL MINISTER IN THE TEMPLE

please, dont contradict the bible.

(Revelation 20:4).
"And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years." (Revelation 20:4).

"Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years." (Revelation 20:6).

This ^^^ are the arrangement and those to serve as priest in the new kingdom.

The next point is that this people are with christ.

Just dont project what the bible does not say.

Peace.
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by christemmbassey(m): 5:50pm On Jan 30, 2013
@Mosthigh, pls sir as a christian, i dont understand what you are saying. @Goshen & Frosbel, do u guys understand what he is saying?
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by MostHigh: 11:59am On Jan 31, 2013
truthislight: My friend, what really is your interest? are you a Jew?

You have said a lot of things, but it seems you are trying to bend scriptures to suit a certain doctrin that is not supported by the (bible) new convanant.

what is this below? :

please, dont contradict the bible.

(Revelation 20:4).
"And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years." (Revelation 20:4).

"Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years." (Revelation 20:6).

This ^^^ are the arrangement and those to serve as priest in the new kingdom.

The next point is that this people are with christ.

Just dont project what the bible does not say.

Peace.

TRUTHISLIGHT YOU ARE THE DECIVER.
WHY DO YOU NEED ANYBODY TO PROVE YOU WRONG IF TRULY YOU ARE RIGHT?
THIS IS NOT A DEBATING SOCIETY BUT A FORUM TO LEARN AND WE ARE ALL LEARNING.

I AM NOT HERE TO DECIVE ANYONE CAN YOU NOT READ? MAYBE YOU SHOULD GET YOURSELF A BIBLE DICTIONARY FOR MORE REFERENCING.
ALL THE VERSES ABOUT THE MILLENIAL TEMPLE AND SERVICE ARE TRUTH, THE ISRELITE LEVITE NAZARITE WILL ALL BE THERE IN THE FUTURE KINGDOM WHY ARE YOU RESISTING.

LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE YOUR OWN IDEAS AND CONCEPT ABOUT THE MILLENIAL PRIESTHOOD PLS CAN YOU SHARE THIS WITH US? THE NATURE OF THIS PRIESTHOOD SERIOUSLY!!!

IS THE BIBLE LYING? I HAVE GIVEN REFERENCES JUST AS JOAGBAJE REQUESTED AND HERE YOU ARE CALLING ME A DECIVER, YOU ARE THE DECIEVER FOR NOT MAKING AN EFFORT TO EDIFY RATHER YOU WANT TO CALL PEOPLE NAMES NOW I KNOW WHO YOU SERVE.

SADLY YOU HAVE NOT SHOWN ME ANYTHING BUT IGNORANCE IF YOU QUOTE A VERSE AND FAIL TO EXPANSIATE HOW DO YOU EXPECT OTHERS TO LEARN?
YOU JUST WANT A FIGHT ISNT IT? THATS WHAT YOU ARE USED TO.

I AM NOT TWISTING SCRIPTURES AND I AM NOT HERE TO PROVE ANYBODY WRONG LEAST OF ALL YOU. IS THE TRUTH NOT THE LIGHT

AS A MATTER OF FACT I AGREE WITH THE VERSE YOU QUOTED COMPLETELY BUT BY THE WORDS OF YOUR MOUTH YOU ARE JUDGED.

TRUTHISLIGHT THIS (ARRANGEMENT FOR THE FUTURE) YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT IS NOT ARBITRARY, THERE ARE LAID DOWN RULES FOR ALL PRIESTHOOD EVEN IFA PRIEST HAVE ORDINANCES.

NOW ARE YOU SAYING THAT THE PRIESTHOOD OF MELCHIZEDEK WHICH IS THE PRESENT AND FUTURE PRIESTHOOD HAS NO ORDINANCES GUIDING THEM?

IGNORANCE IS NOT AN EXCUSE CHRIST HAS COME AND REVEALED ALL THAT IS NECESSARY BY HIS EXEMPLARY WAY OF LIFE. (I AM THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE)

TRUTHISLIGHT ARE YOU A PRIEST AFTER THE ORDER OF MELCHIZEDEK? IF NOT YOU DON MISS ROAD, NO BE ME TALK AM READ YOUR BIBLE I AM ONLY A MESSENGER OF THE TRUTH.
THESE PEOPLE THAT YOU SAY ARE WITH CHRIST IN THE FUTURE KINGDOM ALL BELONG TO THIS ORDER AS WE CAN SEE FROM THE VERSE BELOW

Hbr 7:17 For he testifieth, Thou [art] a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec. PLS NOTE THE WORD ORDER HERE.

TRUTHISLIGHT EVERY ORDER HAS ORDINANCES YOU ARE JUST DISPLAYING IGNORANCE BY IGNORING THIS FACT.

YOU WANT TO BE A PRIEST BY WISHFULL THINKING? I NEVER SEE B4.
EVEN CHRIST OUR MASTER TOOK VOWS AND OATHS AND HERE YOU ARE SAYING I SHOULD NOT ASK YOU WHAT OATHS YOU ARE PREPARED TO MAKE TO THE MOST HIGH

TRUTHISLIGHT YOU HAVE TURNED HOLINESS AND RIGHTOUSENESS TO MERE CEREMONY!! THE MOST HIGH HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOUL.

PEACE LOVE AND JOY!!!
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by MostHigh: 12:30pm On Jan 31, 2013
christemmbassey: @Mosthigh, pls sir as a christian, i dont understand what you are saying. @Goshen & Frosbel, do u guys understand what he is saying?

CHRISTEMBASSEY CAN YOU KINDLY TELL ME WHAT IT IS YOU DO NOT UNDERSTANT AND I WILL MAKE AN EFFORT TO CLARIFY

PEACE LOVE AND JOY!!!!
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by AtheistD(m): 1:51pm On Jan 31, 2013
Loving this grin

So are Xtians actually Jews or not cheesy

Also, if the old testament is abolished, what about tithing cool

1 Like

Re: Judaism Or Christianity by truthislight: 3:48pm On Jan 31, 2013
MostHigh:

I AM NOT HERE TO DECIVE ANYONE CAN YOU NOT READ? MAYBE YOU SHOULD GET YOURSELF A BIBLE DICTIONARY FOR MORE REFERENCING.
ALL THE VERSES ABOUT THE MILLENIAL TEMPLE AND SERVICE ARE TRUTH, THE ISRELITE LEVITE NAZARITE WILL ALL BE THERE IN THE FUTURE KINGDOM WHY ARE YOU RESISTING.

LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE YOUR OWN IDEAS AND CONCEPT ABOUT THE MILLENIAL PRIESTHOOD PLS CAN YOU SHARE THIS WITH US? THE NATURE OF THIS PRIESTHOOD SERIOUSLY!!!

IS THE BIBLE LYING? I HAVE GIVEN REFERENCES JUST AS JOAGBAJE REQUESTED AND HERE YOU ARE CALLING ME A DECIVER, YOU ARE THE DECIEVER FOR NOT MAKING AN EFFORT TO EDIFY RATHER YOU WANT TO CALL PEOPLE NAMES NOW I KNOW WHO YOU SERVE.

SADLY YOU HAVE NOT SHOWN ME ANYTHING BUT IGNORANCE IF YOU QUOTE A VERSE AND FAIL TO EXPANSIATE HOW DO YOU EXPECT OTHERS TO LEARN?

I AM NOT TWISTING SCRIPTURES AND I AM NOT HERE TO PROVE ANYBODY WRONG LEAST OF ALL YOU. IS THE TRUTH NOT THE LIGHT

AS A MATTER OF FACT I AGREE WITH THE VERSE YOU QUOTED COMPLETELY BUT BY THE WORDS OF YOUR MOUTH YOU ARE JUDGED.

TRUTHISLIGHT THIS (ARRANGEMENT FOR THE FUTURE) YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT IS NOT ARBITRARY, THERE ARE LAID DOWN RULES FOR ALL PRIESTHOOD EVEN IFA PRIEST HAVE ORDINANCES.

NOW ARE YOU SAYING THAT THE PRIESTHOOD OF MELCHIZEDEK WHICH IS THE PRESENT AND FUTURE PRIESTHOOD HAS NO ORDINANCES GUIDING THEM?

IGNORANCE IS NOT AN EXCUSE CHRIST HAS COME AND REVEALED ALL THAT IS NECESSARY BY HIS EXEMPLARY WAY OF LIFE. (I AM THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE)

TRUTHISLIGHT ARE YOU A PRIEST AFTER THE ORDER OF MELCHIZEDEK? IF NOT YOU DON MISS ROAD, NO BE ME TALK AM READ YOUR BIBLE I AM ONLY A MESSENGER OF THE TRUTH.
THESE PEOPLE THAT YOU SAY ARE WITH CHRIST IN THE FUTURE KINGDOM ALL BELONG TO THIS ORDER AS WE CAN SEE FROM THE VERSE BELOW

Hbr 7:17 For he testifieth, Thou [art] a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec. PLS NOTE THE WORD ORDER HERE.

TRUTHISLIGHT EVERY ORDER HAS ORDINANCES YOU ARE JUST DISPLAYING IGNORANCE BY IGNORING THIS FACT.

EVEN CHRIST OUR MASTER TOOK VOWS AND OATHS AND HERE YOU ARE SAYING I SHOULD NOT ASK YOU WHAT OATHS YOU ARE PREPARED TO MAKE TO THE MOST HIGH

TRUTHISLIGHT YOU HAVE TURNED HOLINESS AND RIGHTOUSENESS TO MERE CEREMONY!! THE MOST HIGH HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOUL.

PEACE LOVE AND JOY!!!

I dont know why you are knocking your head for this:

MostHigh:

is the levitical priest hood in the "order of melchizedech"?
*smh*

"And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.

And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham. For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him. If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?.

For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law." (Hebrews 7:8-12)

"And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years." (Revelation 20:4-6).

The error is yours not mine.

You are angry that your error is pointed out.

Enjoy!
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by Goshen360(m): 3:54pm On Jan 31, 2013
@ MostHigh, and Everyone

The following scriptures shows the COVENANT between GOD AND ISRAEL, NOT THE CHURCH and it was under the Old Covenant, NOT under the New Covenant.

King James Version (KJV)
Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed. And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God. - Exodus 31:16-18

The below scriptures clearly says the OLD COVENANT are the TEN COMMANDMENTS,

King James Version (KJV)
And the Lord said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel. And he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments. - Exodus 34:27-28

King James Version (KJV)
And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone. - Deuteronomy 4:13

Some people teach that there are different kinds of law such as moral, ceremonial etc laws. God didn't make such distinctions - everything was delivered to Moses AS A UNIT for the children of Israel as confirmed by this scripture.

King James Version (KJV)
And the Lord said unto Moses, Come up to me into the mount, and be there: and I will give thee tables of stone, and a law, and commandments which I have written; that thou mayest teach them. - Exodus 24:12

King James Version (KJV)
Thou camest down also upon mount Sinai, and spakest with them from heaven, and gavest them right judgments, and true laws, good statutes and commandments: - Nehemiah 9:13

What do we have here? Tables of stones, a law or lawS, statutes, judgments and commandments. It was an all inclusive package.

Apostle Paul later identified this Old covenant as the Old Testament calling it "the ministration of death" and says it's done away and abolished in Christ.

King James Version (KJV)
But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away....But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which veil is done away in Christ. - 2 Corinthians 3:7; 14

Now, coming to Hebrews 8, the Author also identified the covenant (as a whole packages we saw above containing the laws, ten commandments, statutes etc) and says it's done away and abolished.

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. 13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away. - Hebrews 8

King James Version (KJV)
Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. - Hebrews 10:9

Put everything in context, the first in Hebrews 10:9 is what is referred to as first covenant in Hebrews 8:7,13. The same is referred to as second which the first was taken away and the new covenant established and ultimately leads to change of the entire law system.

12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law. - Hebrews 7

King James Version (KJV)
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. - Romans 8:1-4

Remember Apostle Paul identified the written commandments as ministration of death in 2 Corinthians 3:7 and 14 and here is referred same. In deed then, Christ is the END of the ENTIRE law system.
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by christemmbassey(m): 4:44pm On Jan 31, 2013
MostHigh:

PEACE LOVE AND JOY!!!

@all christians pls consider Col4:6 - "let ur speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one", the word of God has integrity, it can defend itself and doesnt need us to abuse each other, pls be guided. Love to all.
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by Goshen360(m): 4:47pm On Jan 31, 2013
^^^ God bless you for that statement - "The word of God has integrity, it can defend itself and doesn't need us to abuse each other".
Re: Judaism Or Christianity by christemmbassey(m): 4:52pm On Jan 31, 2013
MostHigh:

PEACE LOVE AND JOY!!!

@mosthigh pls what do you understand by this verse, "after the ORDER of Melchizedeck" ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Muskeeto Must Repent! / You Negros I Hope You Realize That You Are Going To Fight The Army Of The World / According To Lawyers, More Victims Of Apostle Suleman's Sexcapades Show Up - SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.