Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,479 members, 7,816,133 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? (13321 Views)

Common Mistake Made During Salat / The Sunnahs That A Muslim Should Observe On The Day Of Eid / 12 Tips To Boost Your Salat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by tbaba1234: 6:10pm On Jan 22, 2013
Started praying at 11..... 4 times a day(miss fajr) except weekends, usually mixed.

Started praying five times at about 17 years.... Alhamdulilah....
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by Bambela(m): 6:12pm On Jan 22, 2013
wakky4me:

Islam can never be diminished because it is the only and acceptable religion by God. You A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ǝ the one to be diminished in fate and you've already banned yourself in the front of God with dis insulting words you altered.
Why do you scream for simple truth?
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by lekkie073(m): 6:14pm On Jan 22, 2013
to avoid being banned.......
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by jude33084(m): 6:15pm On Jan 22, 2013
edreesabiodun: Please shove that up the warmest hole in your body. Don't Christians post threads about Islamist terrorist who conduct suicide attacks. Religion; people blind to their flaws and eyes wide open to those of others.

You have spoken well wink

1 Like

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by DMainMan: 6:22pm On Jan 22, 2013
Yes I do. But durin work environment, it is challenging to pray zuhr and 'asr at d stipulated tym. But thank God av been overcoming it
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by tbaba1234: 6:24pm On Jan 22, 2013
Wrote the below ealier

For those who do not pray

If you are a convinced muslim, You have no reason not to say your salat.... The messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) said that the link between belief and disbelief is his or her neglect of prayer.[Muslim].

Now this is a serious issue as you have no Iman if you do not pray...

You have no excuse not to pray.... I do not believe any of your reasons listed, because i believe Allah:

“Allah does not burden a soul beyond that it can bear…” (Qur’an, 2:286).

“Allaah does not want to place you in difficulty, but He wants to purify you, and to complete His Favour to you that you may be thankful”

[al-Maa'idah 5:6]

Allah promises us that He has not given us a burden greater than that which we can bear...

If Allah gives us salat, It means we can bear it.... If surgeons and really busy people can pray... What excuse do you have?

The root of the problem is a failure in Iman... Every other thing is just a symptom ...

1. Pursuit of wealth: Allah says:

"Say: If your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your wives, your kindred, the wealth that you have gained, the commerce in which you fear a decline, and the dwellings in which you delight, are more beloved to you than Allah and His Messenger, and striving in His Cause, then wait until Allah executes His Decision (torment). And Allah guides not the people who are rebellious (disobedient to Allah)." [Surah al-Tawbah, 24]

"Your wealth and your children are only a trial (fitnah). And Allah - With Him is a great reward (Paradise)." [Surah al-Taghabun, 15]

2. Work: Not an excuse.... Find a place to pray at work.... Build a schedule that works and stick to it. Allah gives you provision and you can not spend 25 mins in a day to pray.

3. Getting into haram relationships outside marriage is not going to help your cause of getting closer to Allah. Focus on building your relationship with Allah. Every other thing will come.

By getting into these relationships, you are disobeying a command from Allah.

In Surah maidah, Allah says (rough translation):

Today all good things have been made lawful for you. The food of the People of the Book is lawful for you as your food is lawful for them. So are chaste, believing, women as well as chaste women of the people who were given the Scripture before you, as long as you have given them their bride-gifts and married them, not taking them as lovers or secret mistresses. The deeds of anyone who rejects faith will come to nothing, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers. (Surah 5:5)

Also in Surah Nisa

If any of you does not have the means to marry a believing free woman, then marry a believing slave– God knows best [the depth of] your faith: you are [all] part of the same family – so marry them with their people’s consent and their proper bride-gifts. [Make them] married women, not adulteresses or lovers..... (Surah 4:25)

Like I said, earlier, Fix the disease... Look for ways to build your Iman.... Salah will be a natural consequence even if you have to crawl to say it...

3 Likes

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by movado19: 6:29pm On Jan 22, 2013
Alhamdulillah that I observe my prayers on time, even inside my office at my place of work. My only snag is when I am in a meeting and hence miss the actual time for prayers. I pray to overcome this hurdle very soon, inshaallah.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by Paschal007: 6:49pm On Jan 22, 2013
Intentionally Combining prayers, isn't that deliberate cheating?
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jan 22, 2013
Hmmmmm. So even if i dont observe my 5 daily salawat, i'll now come n announce it to NL's over 1 million members who can then testify against me on the day of recompense?
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by maclatunji: 7:31pm On Jan 22, 2013
annoymous: Hmmmmm. So even if i dont observe my 5 daily salawat, i'll now come n announce it to NL's over 1 million members who can then testify against me on the day of recompense?

What a short-sighted response. You will be enough as a witness against yourself, you don't need us not to know at all.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by yat11: 7:32pm On Jan 22, 2013
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by abdulkayus(m): 7:33pm On Jan 22, 2013
Alhamdulillah. I do pray alll my 5 daily prayer bt findin it difficult to pray subhi on time. Tryin to adjust and may God help me and may God help all d muslims dat are tryin to pray on time and dos dat are tryin to start prayin. Amin summa amin.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by yyb14: 7:36pm On Jan 22, 2013
Yes i do
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by hok4u(f): 8:36pm On Jan 22, 2013
tintingz: I only miss zuhri and Ahsri prayers during week days... And i make sure i complete them
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by eggheaders(m): 8:37pm On Jan 22, 2013
on solat i thank Allah for making it easy for me and prays he make it easy for my akheers and uktiis.please no excuse should make anyone miss solat.may allah grant us steadfastness.

1 Like

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by swaggerkid(m): 8:47pm On Jan 22, 2013
Oh Allah forgive me laziness is my own problem i pray only 2wice or once in a day...i promise 2change ...

3 Likes

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by herkeym001(m): 8:48pm On Jan 22, 2013
I dont complete it. I too dey womanize. May Almighty Allah forgive me. Amin.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by ommo(m): 8:55pm On Jan 22, 2013
Alhamdulilahi, i try as much as i can to observe them at the right time, but, when you talk of outright missing of solat, insha Allahu, i can say i do not miss them except when seriously sick. It has gotten to the point whereby i feel uncomfortable when i've not yet observed my solat no matter what am doing. When it is time, i just have this natural feeling that makes me know it is time for solat. I do not enjoy my food unntil i have observed my solat, there4, i observe my solat first b4 eating.

All the same, i still believe i have to improve upon the promptness of observation. MAY ALLAH ALMIGHTY make it easy for ALL OF US MUSLIMS.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by BlueBalls: 9:00pm On Jan 22, 2013
--

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

For He Who's Contemplating Suicide Or She Who Thinks Life Is Too Difficult. / Why I Propagate Islam - Funlola Aofiyebi Raimi / Lagos, Ibadan Traders Flood Katsina To Buy Eid Ram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.