Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,554 members, 7,816,343 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? (13323 Views)

Common Mistake Made During Salat / The Sunnahs That A Muslim Should Observe On The Day Of Eid / 12 Tips To Boost Your Salat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by Wendyslim(f): 9:23pm On Jan 22, 2013
mr gaga: Mine is laziness...i haven't perform solat 4 d past 4months..
. How do you cope with dat? I feel very restless if I combine 2 salat talk less of missing it for four month. It's better late than never
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by b03liberty(m): 9:33pm On Jan 22, 2013
May Allah have mercy on me. not everi day i completed my prayer...environment and laziness warrant
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by swtdarling(f): 9:33pm On Jan 22, 2013
i don't pray on time.but i pray all.prayin on time is the major problem i have,which am praying to Allah to make easy for me.i have a question tho

if one is to leave home for work by quarter to 6.and salat is by 6.is it allowed in islam to pray by quarter to 6?
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by maclatunji: 9:36pm On Jan 22, 2013
swtdarling: i don't pray on time.but i pray all.prayin on time is the major problem i have,which am praying to Allah to make easy for me.i have a question tho

if one is to leave home for work by quarter to 6.and salat is by 6.is it allowed in islam to pray by quarter to 6?

No is the general answer.

1 Like

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by tbaba1234: 9:40pm On Jan 22, 2013
swtdarling: i don't pray on time.but i pray all.prayin on time is the major problem i have,which am praying to Allah to make easy for me.i have a question tho

A possible solution to this, is to leave earlier and get to work before the end of fajr. Pray at work
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by Ibro4peak: 9:59pm On Jan 22, 2013
Cheers01:

That is good smiley
gud 4 moving out of paradise gradualy!
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by azezola(m): 10:06pm On Jan 22, 2013
i pray everyday even wt my American hectic schedule,i even pray sometimes @ wrk,may Allah accepts all our ibadah,may Allah grant us janaah.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by swtdarling(f): 10:06pm On Jan 22, 2013
maclatunji:

tbaba1234:

A possible solution to this, is to leave earlier and get to work before the end of fajr. Pray at work
maclatunji:

baraka lahu fihi
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jan 22, 2013
Yes.Even throughout pregnancy,never missed one,Alhamdullilahi.

1 Like

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by ashson: 10:43pm On Jan 22, 2013
mr gaga: Mine is laziness...i haven't perform solat 4 d past 4months..
u better seek foregiveness from Allah and start performing the prayers if you are realy a muslim.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by tbaba1234: 10:44pm On Jan 22, 2013
uplawal: Yes.Even throughout pregnancy,never missed one,Alhamdullilahi.

Alhamdulah, sis

How is your baby?

1 Like

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by tplacid: 10:48pm On Jan 22, 2013
J12: Is salat a prayer?

Salat is an act of worship and the second pillar of Islam. Salat unlike prayer is compulsory for all Muslims while prayer is voluntary. You can also pray after salat. May the blessing of Allah be with you thank you.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by FindOut(m): 11:23pm On Jan 22, 2013
Ahamduilah I do. Thanks to a fairly strict islamic background + good friends at secondary school & Uni plus ultimately the grace of Allah, been observing my 5 daily for as long as i can remember tho of course, used to miss a little when I was much younger. & like some posters have mentioned already, there's a certain feeling of guilt and 'incomplete-ness' that overwhelms you when you havn't prayed (if you r the type who prays constantly tho). When you now observe that salat, that feeling of emptiness vanishes & you feel satisfied within. Till today tho, I too get distracted sometimes and delay my salat but when that happens, i try to observe it before the time for another one .....most times grin

For those who don't observe regular prayers, it'll take you less than 10 minutes, max 15 to observe these prayers. First of all, have it in your mind that you want to change not for anyone, not for that cute muslim babe or handsome muslim guy, not for your parents or the people you are iving with, not for your boss or co-workers, but for the sake of Allah (& yourself). You may be encouraged by the afore-mentioned people but make sure you are not doing it for them. Then TRY as much as possible to devise means of observing them. If you don't have access to a osque at work, then just try without inconveniencing anyone, to get a place to pray. If you have a car, make sure a praying mat and at least a 75cl bottle of water is inside the trunk(learnt this from my dad) ALWAYS.lol. If you are a student, then you had better have friends who observe salat or who -if non-muslims- will be the ones to remind you its time for prayer & encourage you to go even if you are feeling reluctant to(personal experience).

And above all, a popular "defensive strategy"/ excuse used by muslims who don't pray regularly is that there are some muslims who pray 5 times daily yet they have very terrible characters. Yes, this might be true. But so also do we have several muslims who observe their 5 daily prayers and have excellent manners, relate happily with both muslims and xtians. I remember some muslim brothers back in Uni who despite having beards and being what you might call "Alfa" were sooo amiable and nice towards both muslims and xtians. Never judge a religion or an act of worship by those performing it. You do your own and keep encouraging others to do so coz it is a commandment from Allah and it is ALWAYS ultimately to our benefit.

Allah has blessed you with a good job, car(s), house, beautiful family, good grades at school, nice looks, e.t.c, Infact if you feel He hasnt done anything for you, at least He has preserved your life and protected you till this day! Observing 5 daiy prayers (max = 15 minutes each plus quick supplications) is not too much to say THANK YOU ALLAH FOR WHAT YOU'VE DONE, PLEASE DO MORE FOR ME. DONT DELAY, CHANGE TODAY!!!!.....tomorrow morning 5:45am subhi, YOU CAN make it smiley

8 Likes

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by FindOut(m): 11:26pm On Jan 22, 2013
Jarus: My former workplace was very permissive. We had a mini-mosque in our building and had top guys that were Muslims (including our Deputy CEO, a Muslim convert from Delta state) who are very supportive. They even give prayer times allowance in many meetings. So it was very easy to say all prayers at their right times even when in office.

My current place of work. Initially, when I joined, used to take bike (or sometimes drive) to go to nearest mosque. Later, I discovered a closer mosque at trekable distance. Later, during last Ramadan, I was shown a small praying ground within the compound next to us. So now very easy.

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by maclatunji: 11:29pm On Jan 22, 2013
^I get your point but I doubt observing salat is meant to be an instrument of saying you 'Thank you Allah' in the strict sense of the word 'thanks'
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by swaggerkid(m): 11:35pm On Jan 22, 2013
Find Out!:
Ahamduilah I do. Thanks to a fairly strict islamic background + good friends at secondary school & Uni plus ultimately the grace of Allah, been observing my 5 daily for as long as i can remember tho of course, used to miss a little when I was much younger. & like some posters have mentioned already, there's a certain feeling of guilt and 'incomplete-ness' that overwhelms you when you havn't prayed (if you r the type who prays constantly tho). When you now observe that salat, that feeling of emptiness vanishes & you feel satisfied within. Till today tho, I too get distracted sometimes and delay my salat but when that happens, i try to observe it before the time for another one .....most times grin

For those who don't observe regular prayers, it'll take you less than 10 minutes, max 15 to observe these prayers. First of all, have it in your mind that you want to change not for anyone, not for that cute muslim babe or handsome muslim guy, not for your parents or the people you are iving with, not for your boss or co-workers, but for the sake of Allah (& yourself). You may be encouraged by the afore-mentioned people but make sure you are not doing it for them. Then TRY as much as possible to devise means of observing them. If you don't have access to a osque at work, then just try without inconveniencing anyone, to get a place to pray. If you have a car, make sure a praying mat and at least a 75cl bottle of water is inside the trunk(learnt this from my dad) ALWAYS.lol. If you are a student, then you had better have friends who observe salat or who -if non-muslims- will be the ones to remind you its time for prayer & encourage you to go even if you are feeling reluctant to(personal experience).

And above all, a popular "defensive strategy"/ excuse used by muslims who don't pray regularly is that there are some muslims who pray 5 times daily yet they have very terrible characters. Yes, this might be true. But so also do we have several muslims who observe their 5 daily prayers and have excellent manners, relate happily with both muslims and xtians. I remember some muslim brothers back in Uni who despite having beards and being what you might call "Alfa" were sooo amiable and nice towards both muslims and xtians. Never judge a religion or an act of worship by those performing it. You do your own and keep encouraging others to do so coz it is a commandment from Allah and it is ALWAYS ultimately to our benefit.

Allah has blessed you with a good job, car(s), house, beautiful family, good grades at school, nice looks, e.t.c, Infact if you feel He hasnt done anything for you, at least He has preserved your life and protected you till this day! Observing 5 daiy prayers (max = 15 minutes each plus quick supplications) is not too much to say THANK YOU ALLAH FOR WHAT YOU'VE DONE, PLEASE DO MORE FOR ME. DONT DELAY, CHANGE TODAY!!!!.....tomorrow morning 5:45am subhi, YOU CAN make it smiley
gud gud;;;;;
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by FindOut(m): 11:42pm On Jan 22, 2013
maclatunji: ^I get your point but I doubt observing salat is meant to be an instrument of saying you 'Thank you Allah' in the strict sense of the word 'thanks'
Bros Mac, What I mean is observing salat is our responsibility, a commandment issued by Allah for us to follow. This same Allah has done soo much for us, chief of which is making us muslims and preserving our lives, so who are we not to recognise his favours on us and obey his commandments which he would still reward us again for doing so o!

Yeah, salat shouldnt be done to seek favours for Allah mainly, we have the nawafil both night and day for that. But Allah knows what is in our minds & inshaAllah will grant our requests as long as we remain faithful to Him and obey His commandments. Note that I mentioned that the chief intention we should have while observing salat is that we are doing it for Allah's sake. To seek His pleasure. To be in his "good books".
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jan 22, 2013
tbaba1234:

Alhamdulah, sis

How is your baby?
Honesty this is not showing showing off,i don't like people who miss salat for any reason,and i hate anyone telling me they will change to be praying cos they don't at all,yet they don't,just making mouth,i can even avoid the person as long as he or she continues until she changes,there is this hatred that feels me particularly those that disbelievers that says they will change but never,they think they deceive Allah,but they deceives themselves really,and my uttermost hatred goes towards christians that ridicule Islam.

My baby is fine Alhamdullilahi,Sukran.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by Muliks: 11:49pm On Jan 22, 2013
Ma Sha Allah. i love dis post. it made me realise dia re gud muslims around here. I pray may Allah SWT make salat easy for both me n my fiancee. In Sha Allah
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by tplacid: 11:52pm On Jan 22, 2013
First of all I want to say I love you all for Allah's sake even though I have never met anyone of you before. The prophet said 'A believer is a mirror to another believer' the fact that we
are sharing our salat experiences just gives me joy that there is hope for this Ummah.

However, I realised that being a Muslim is the most difficult decision I have made in life, since reverting to Islam my conscience has been on auto pilot to the deen. When I first reverted it was always very difficult for me to even pray but then I would listen to sermons, read random verses from the Qur'an but then I stumbled upon this verse in Al Mumin(The believers) saying the believers are those that guide their salat(prayers), after I read that verse my salat has been on time and done the best possible manner as prescribed by our beloved prophet(SAW)

To all non muslims reading through this thread looking for answers just take your time, have an open mind. If you move one step close the one true God he would move 10 steps to you, yes he loves you that much. This is coming from an ex christian.

To my muslim folks trying to pray five times daily take it easy on yourself, it's easier than you think, the first thing you need is intention then read the Qur'an as often as you can, maybe one verse a day or a whole surah a day. Subconcsiosly you will begin to purify your heart, your soul will start to re unite will Allah you will start getting drawn to him in a way that will surprise you. At that point salat will be as easy as breathing, am talking from my personal experience here.

Islam is way of life, it's the journey of a lifetime. All you just need to do is have the intention to make that journey, once you do your path will be shown to you.

"This day I have perfected your Religion for you, completed my favour upon you and I have chosen for you Islam as your Religion"

Salam

6 Likes

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by opetiti: 12:46am On Jan 23, 2013
Allamdulillah for making me a moslem.I do observe my salat 5times daily starting frm wen I was little of Whc gradually I got used to and now its bn part of me.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by Nobody: 1:05am On Jan 23, 2013
Tesiday:
STOP TALKING LIKE THAT,ITS TOO HARSH. Pray that God strengthen the Imaan of all muslims so that they will be a good ambassador of islam anywhere they are.
"O npe",i dont care,like tbaba quoted,Allah has not burden them,but they overburden themselves,they are shy to pray in public,they prefare their job done than their salat,they raise to their job,but never to Allah,if we know how just the both sides of the hereafter is,Walahi,there would be rushing on the queue to pray in the masjid.

I LOVE RIGHTEOUS PEOPLE,ALWAYS GUIDING THEIR LIVES ACCORDING TO THE QURAN AND SUNNAH.I HATE AND LOVE FOR ALLAH'S SAKE.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by Nobody: 1:14am On Jan 23, 2013
@Parislove,In Salat the recitation is for the people praying,the jinn,or anyother person or people around, to hear Allah and obey not disobey Allah's order,because its a witness on judgement day,reason why people like you cannot escape HELLFIRE.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by ParisLove1: 1:32am On Jan 23, 2013
uplawal: @Parislove,In Salat the recitation is for the people praying,the jinn,or anyother person or people around, to hear Allah and obey not disobey Allah's order,because its a witness on judgement day,reason why people like you cannot escape HELLFIRE.
How do i escape this HELLFIRE?
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by ifeegee(f): 2:43am On Jan 23, 2013
@uplawal,I admire your zeal & dedication towards ur faith & belief.I will advice, u take it easy on the bitterness & hatred before it consumes you.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by edey2real: 4:28am On Jan 23, 2013
@OP, I think this topic is actually directed to me in particular. Mine is actually due to work and it has stressed to lazynes. May Allah assist me & everyone like me, Ameen. Will definately change things from now on.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by Jarus(m): 7:05am On Jan 23, 2013
Find Out!:

Just curious, is that ?

Yes. But pls modify to remove his name

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

For He Who's Contemplating Suicide Or She Who Thinks Life Is Too Difficult. / Why I Propagate Islam - Funlola Aofiyebi Raimi / Lagos, Ibadan Traders Flood Katsina To Buy Eid Ram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.