Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,666 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? - Islam for Muslims (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? (13324 Views)

Common Mistake Made During Salat / The Sunnahs That A Muslim Should Observe On The Day Of Eid / 12 Tips To Boost Your Salat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by Jarus(m): 6:51pm On Jan 23, 2013
movado19: For those who hate because others are not that strong yet to say their 5 daily prayers, etc, don't you think it would be better for you to channel all that energy in praying to Allah to guide them rather than hating? We all are not equal,and that is why we all pray to Allah to increase our station.

I have personally seen reverts to Islam who left the religion because of attitudes like this...if we really want to practice what our prophet S.A.W. preached and acted on, then we need to study his life properly and be exemplary to others.

This life is so easy to live if we make it that way.

Wa Salam.
Spare us this.
Has anybody rebuked those who don't do their 5 salats? Rather I have seen people encouuraging others here. What attitude are you talking about?
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by movado19: 7:23pm On Jan 23, 2013
@ Jarus.Maybe you should take the time to carefully read through all the pages.
You are spared, but that won't change what I've written.

Wa Salam.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by BetaThings: 8:23pm On Jan 23, 2013
Find Out!:

Lol. Maybe i shouldn't have used the word ''despite''.
But the reality is this: A good number, or okay, some of our brothers (those who are active visible adherents of the sunnah smiley ) on campus are generally not really what you call amiable, even towards other muslims who even if they pray regularly, do not outwardly keep to the sunnah especially in dressing (note: these other brothers usually still look & dress decently too o!).

Now, because of this, people (muslims and non-muslims alike) often times see these brothers as unapproachable especially when it concerns matters outside the deen. Some of them also see everything (some justified yes, some outrightly ridiculous to me) as a sort of 'war' /'competition' between muslims and xtians. I do not think this should be so. I believe ( & i think you do as well) an ideal muslim is someone who is amiable, friendly just and of excellent character towards both muslims AND xtians, tho of course, he is well within his rights to dissociate himself from anyone who tries to denigrate his person or religion & proves deaf to admonition.

Yes, you are right. Some people are unduly strict. You can put it to natural intolerance and exuberance. Fingers are not equal. People are at different levels on the eeman scale. Trying to distance oneself from others because they appear to be lower in eeman and good deeds might not work. It is far better to remind, remind, encourage, guide than to just ostracise people. Why was Prophet Yunus (AS) rebuked by Allah? Was it not for impatience with people? Trying to brow beat people will not work.

We need to encourage our brothers to be approachable, be creative in encouraging people to be steadfast and make people feel comfortable with the deen

Find Out!:

May Allah help us.
Amin

1 Like

Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 23, 2013
Yea yea. N i am proud to say i do, i do,i do,i do, i do.....
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by Jarus(m): 10:41pm On Jan 23, 2013
movado19: @ Jarus.Maybe you should take the time to carefully read through all the pages.
You are spared, but that won't change what I've written.

Wa Salam.

I followed the thread from inception, read all the post.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by saxking(m): 11:01pm On Jan 23, 2013
maclatunji: ^I get your point but I doubt observing salat is meant to be an instrument of saying you 'Thank you Allah' in the strict sense of the word 'thanks'
instead of doing doubt alone why not add what you think its meant for? we're all learning
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by FindOut(m): 1:28am On Jan 24, 2013
Jarus:

He is a conscious Muslim and he's trying, he bankrolls the rent of our mosque space annually, which runs into a couple of millions.
Hmm.....May Allah continue to assist him and strenghten his conviction in the religion.

Jarus:

I followed the thread from inception, read all the post.

Actually, Uplawal has been making some comments about hating and all sha....
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by FindOut(m): 1:35am On Jan 24, 2013
@Uplawal, I believe you very well know that the Prophet didnt burn anyone's house even though he said that was how his mind felt. The hadeeth was simply to underscore the importance of the fajr prayer and how heavy it weighed on the Prophet's mind. I do not think you should use that as an excuse to hate those muslims who don't pray. Well, I won't talk much again sha. Continue hating. My own prayer for you and I is that what'll make us begin to display a carefree attitude towards salat like those people you hate do, may Allah not let it come our way.

Islam preaches love not hate. Best believe that. Also, you may want to read this

BetaThings:

Yes, you are right. Some people are unduly strict. You can put it to natural intolerance and exuberance. Fingers are not equal. People are at different levels on the eeman scale. Trying to distance oneself from others because they appear to be lower in eeman and good deeds might not work. It is far better to remind, remind, encourage, guide than to just ostracise people. Why was Prophet Yunus (AS) rebuked by Allah? Was it not for impatience with people? Trying to brow beat people will not work.

We need to encourage our brothers to be approachable, be creative in encouraging people to be steadfast and make people feel comfortable with the deen

Amin

Please pay special attention to the last bolded. You are an ambassador of Islam. Let people look at your character and wish to be muslims, not the other way round.
Re: Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat? by BetaThings: 10:32am On Jan 24, 2013
saxking:
instead of doing doubt alone why not add what you think its meant for? we're all learning
Mac is not a scholar. He humbly puts his view across rather than declaring emphatically as if he is an authority
I am quite sure that he can argue very strongly that, strictly speaking, salat in not meant to be used to give thanks
We can argue that it is to give thanks in order to encourage people
Sajda Shukra (done by Demba Ba, Egyptian players after scoring goals) is easily the way of giving thanks. You can add voluntary salat (nawafil), fasting, dhikr to that

People who are poor, hungry etc are REQUIRED to pray; even the sick are required to pray as appropriate - sitting, lying down etc
The Pillars are, in my opinion, not for giving thanks. But they are duties of Muslims
And only the people who contemplate become muslims

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

For He Who's Contemplating Suicide Or She Who Thinks Life Is Too Difficult. / Why I Propagate Islam - Funlola Aofiyebi Raimi / Lagos, Ibadan Traders Flood Katsina To Buy Eid Ram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.