Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,522 members, 7,836,994 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Am Still Scared Of Dad At Age 26. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Am Still Scared Of Dad At Age 26. (3845 Views)

**Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** / Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? / She's A Grandmother -- At Age 23! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Am Still Scared Of Dad At Age 26. by Nobody: 7:16am On Jan 22, 2013
Is your dad a General in the Military?why should u be scared of him @ 26!
Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Am Still Scared Of Dad At Age 26. by NnamdiN: 7:31am On Jan 22, 2013
^^^2013 tins grin pinging parents everywhere.
@ OP try and outgrow your dad, get taller, build up muscles. The guy go fear you.

Btw are you the first child/son Is it just you he treats this way

My own dad used to be like that but his own na overprotection. I'm his first son and I stayed in there for 7yrs B4 I agreed to come out grin so its kinda understandable.
In my final year in high school, I was expelled and he tried to whip me.
SS3 nigger grin . E no fit happen na. We wrestled (practically) I couldn't allow it coz I was expelled for something I didn't do. He insisted on whipping me. I told him I'd rather leave the house and I did leave.
Hehe com see panic na. Pikin wey dem no see for 7yrs just disappear like that. Come see begging na grin my mumsi told him she'd never forgive him if anything happened to me. That settled the whole thing. Now we're pally pally. grin
Btw I never left our street. Na arrangement btw me n my mama. grin
NB. Its extremely risky if una reach 20 and you're like the 15th.
Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Am Still Scared Of Dad At Age 26. by Segunagagu(m): 7:38am On Jan 22, 2013
debrief08: Its not about your hands being clean. First why do you need a Tablet? Let me guess, all your friends have one you don't want to be left out.
Secondly no one says you should meet him but let him know and the fund source so he won't react this way. I still tell my parents when am buying things not because I want them to buy it for me just how I was raised.
Many parents and kids lack that today.
I see young girls with phones worth over a hundred thousand and I wonder what their parents say to them
I laughed wen u said because all my friends have one and I also want to have my own too..first..I don't have friends. I mean I don't keep friends.AT ALL..second lemme say only 1percent of my friend has a tablet.third.I love gadgets.cos I MAINLY use it to study.and just for my BIBLE and games..so am nt even trying to impress anybody at all..I prefer to be hungry and get a good gadget dat will serve me very well.so if u say am trying to impress anybody..u are very very very very wrong..
Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Am Still Scared Of Dad At Age 26. by Segunagagu(m): 7:41am On Jan 22, 2013
NnamdiN: ^^^2013 tins grin pinging parents everywhere.
@ OP try and outgrow your dad, get taller, build up muscles. The guy go fear you.

My own dad used to be like that but his own na overprotection. I'm his first son and I stayed in there for 7yrs B4 I agreed to come out grin so its kinda understandable.
SS3 nigger grin . E no fit happen na. We wrestled (practically) I couldn't allow it coz I was expelled for something I didn't do. He insisted on whipping me. I told him I'd rather leave the house and I did leave.
Hehe com see panic na. Pikin wey dem no see for 7yrs just disappear like that. Come see begging na grin my mumsi told him she'd never forgive him if anything happened to me. That settled the whole thing. Now we're pally pally. grin
U are funny. Am d first born ooo..but d very very gentle type..me I don't have power for all dose troubles..shouting and shouting. Wen he is talking. I just keep quiet..
Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Am Still Scared Of Dad At Age 26. by Segunagagu(m): 7:42am On Jan 22, 2013
Rolly83: Is your dad a General in the Military?why should u be scared of him @ 26!
Lolss. Retired custom officer..
Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Am Still Scared Of Dad At Age 26. by NnamdiN: 7:51am On Jan 22, 2013
Segun agagu:
U are funny. Am d first born ooo..but d very very gentle type..me I don't have power for all dose troubles..shouting and shouting. Wen he is talking. I just keep quiet..
Jeez first born. Aww it might be too late for all the James Bond stunts. I think you should endure for a little while longer. I believe you are in the university (possibly your final year). Since you're good at saving, save well. When you leave for nysc. Make it your exit. Visit them occasionally, when he doesn't see you often, his perception of you (might) change for good. Perhaps his grudge centers on feeding and sheltering you. (at your age)
Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Am Still Scared Of Dad At Age 26. by Nobody: 7:52am On Jan 22, 2013
1987 kid.... ummmm, yup you should be home and possibly in your final year/ maters degree fresher.... However you should have a job or doing something with pop to keep you busy ... If not then I don't blame the old man jare...

And the mysterious iPad or whatever you brought home , for Naija ? Where did you get the money from ? Savings eh? Big boyz runz abi?

As per the scary part..... It's the cohabitation ( without sex cheesy) syndrome cheesy ( come on! )

... All over 20yrs jobless guys go thru this scrutiny from dear old scary faced pop cheesy and it either makes you stronger or breaks you like what you're experiencing now

..Man up buddy ! He's not gonna kill ya , he's just looking out for you.

.... So stop painting him bad... Do I blame him? Yahoo yahoo everywhere? Designers head to toe without a job!

I wish you all the best ahead buddy... stop being scared , he loves you dearly , he's just not showing it and I agree that's the major mistake those generation makes (60+)...a great lesson for new generation Dads... Not all boys are like Cooger and Dayo grin

1 Like

Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Am Still Scared Of Dad At Age 26. by Nobody: 8:03am On Jan 22, 2013
Next time don't sneak behind him and buy expensive stuff. Simple
You have been shouting Born again Born again, show the fruits of your spirit. Born again won't lie.
Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Am Still Scared Of Dad At Age 26. by slimyem: 8:10am On Jan 22, 2013
Op,I'm sure you hid the tablet from him initially and that made him suspicious.
As long as you didn't steal the gadget and your means of getting it was legit,you should have just been open with it and answer his questions about it sincerely.
All these your hide and seek strategy are things people do at 15 NOT 26!
Your mates are married with children already and manning their homes.
You are an adult.start acting like one!
If you keep acting like a child,he'll continue treating you like one.
Stop scampering in and around at the sound of his voice.
You should be pals with your dad at this stage.
Get close to him and start building a relationship with him.
Free yourself!!
Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Am Still Scared Of Dad At Age 26. by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 22, 2013
Any sane Dad would ask where he got the iPad from.... esp boys .. girls ask for everything anyways

... even rich folks.. except he gave you money recently and you exploit it... Then I agree.

The poor guy is scared like heck.... doesn't make you less of a man, some show it ,some don't .. We are all human ..
Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Am Still Scared Of Dad At Age 26. by Segunagagu(m): 8:38am On Jan 22, 2013
slimyem: Op,I'm sure you hid the tablet from him initially and that made him suspicious.
As long as you didn't steal the gadget and your means of getting it was legit,you should have just been open with it and answer his questions about it sincerely.
All these your hide and seek strategy are things people do at 15 NOT 26!
Your mates are married with children already and manning their homes.
You are an adult.start acting like one!
If you keep acting like a child,he'll continue treating you like one.
Stop scampering in and around at the sound of his voice.
You should be pals with your dad at this stage.
Get close to him and start building a relationship with him.
Free yourself!!
Damn!!!!!!!!u just cut me with a sharp cutlass..
Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Am Still Scared Of Dad At Age 26. by Segunagagu(m): 8:45am On Jan 22, 2013
Thanks everybody..but dere is a simple truth..and the truth is dat..1.the fear will nw stop.cos av thought over it.Y should I be scared at 26..den 2 is lemme tell u guys d truth..WE CAN NEVER CLOSE

The guy who said ipad..its nt an opad its just a blackberry playbook
Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Am Still Scared Of Dad At Age 26. by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 22, 2013
How much is black berry playbook please?
Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Am Still Scared Of Dad At Age 26. by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 22, 2013
NnamdiN: ^^^2013 tins grin pinging parents everywhere.

grin grin badt guy! You remind me of our last boy! I just imagined you holding the whip and the look on your face! Lmao.

OP! The truth is that, you and your dad can never be close because there will be nothing to talk about that will be interesting to both of you. Just try to limit the fear and communicate with him when the need arises.

As for being pally pally, it won't work!
Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Am Still Scared Of Dad At Age 26. by lillyveezy: 9:32am On Jan 22, 2013
@Segun,u better pay a close attention to debrief's post.It gave a lot of credence to ur Dad's actions thou.not to his approach.Quit these ur peers here who are suggesting u move out.Its not about how ur Dad will change,But how u can maturely let him see thing about u differently.Ur dad needs a help here for a change,but I guess its sooooooo big a responsibility for u to shoulder.Good persona isn't enough,responsibility will do.
Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Am Still Scared Of Dad At Age 26. by blank(f): 9:45am On Jan 22, 2013
debrief08: How much is black berry playbook please?

Blackberry playbook of 16GB is 45k while 64GB is N55k on average.

@ OP, when you say he still feeds you does that mean he gives you like monthly pocket money or something? You say you collect small tokens from friends that are working. Is that the best use of it? Tomorrow does friends will see you using a tablet and be annoyed that you came to beg them for 2k. Priorities.

You should even have mercy on your dad. He is retired but still paying your bills. Its enough to make him perpetually angry. I hope he never gives you back the tablet but sells it to fund your education. angry
Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Am Still Scared Of Dad At Age 26. by Segunagagu(m): 9:55am On Jan 22, 2013
debrief08: How much is black berry playbook please?
Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Am Still Scared Of Dad At Age 26. by Segunagagu(m): 10:02am On Jan 22, 2013
Vikin:

grin grin badt guy! You remind me of our last boy! I just imagined you holding the whip and the look on your face! Lmao.

OP! The truth is that, you and your dad can never be close because there will be nothing to talk about that will be interesting to both of you. Just try to limit the fear and communicate with him when the need arises.

As for being pally pally, it won't work!
DAMN IT!!!!!!!!yesssss. U got it. U really really undrestand wats going on..I tell u we can never be close ..I know I just have to limit the fear..u really got it..if only God intervens..
Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Am Still Scared Of Dad At Age 26. by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 22, 2013
So at 26, Your retired Father from His Pension is feeding you and paying your fees, You save 45 or 55k and decide the best thing to do is buy a Blackberry Play book.
Infact your father is a saint.
I am a little older than you, I am a group Head, My Husband has a great Job and I use a 28k phone, your priority is a 45k phone that you can't even honestly account for yet you came here painting a man of discipline as a devil.
You won't understand until you have your own kids. Stop the pity party, you are not a child, at 26 if you want to be treated like an adult act like one.
If you can buy a 45k phone you can as well buy gas, Pay Nepa and water bills.
I feel like spanking you self, Grow up
Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Am Still Scared Of Dad At Age 26. by Segunagagu(m): 10:05am On Jan 22, 2013
blank:

Blackberry playbook of 16GB is 45k while 64GB is N55k on average.

@ OP, when you say he still feeds you does that mean he gives you like monthly pocket money or something? You say you collect small tokens from friends that are working. Is that the best use of it? Tomorrow does friends will see you using a tablet and be annoyed that you came to beg them for 2k. Priorities.

You should even have mercy on your dad. He is retired but still paying your bills. Its enough to make him perpetually angry. I hope he never gives you back the tablet but sells it to fund your education. angry
Is dere anything bad in me using a tablet..
Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Am Still Scared Of Dad At Age 26. by Segunagagu(m): 10:15am On Jan 22, 2013
debrief08: So at 26, Your retired Father from His Pension is feeding you and paying your fees, You save 45 or 55k and decide the best thing to do is buy a Blackberry Play book.
Infact your father is a saint.
I am a little older than you, I am a group Head, My Husband has a great Job and I use a 28k phone, your priority is a 45k phone that you can't even honestly account for yet you came here painting a man of discipline as a devil.
You won't understand until you have your own kids. Stop the pity party, you are not a child, at 26 if you want to be treated like an adult act like one.
If you can buy a 45k phone you can as well buy gas, Pay Nepa and water bills.
I feel like spanking you self, Grow up
So u mean because my dad is retired,am nt entitled to any good thing abi?
Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Am Still Scared Of Dad At Age 26. by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 22, 2013
Lol, You are Sir oh, Infact you should buy a Porshe.
Your Father is a really patient Man.
Enjoy, Me I am done, at 26, You should know your left nd right, if you can't find it now, goodluck to you.
Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Am Still Scared Of Dad At Age 26. by Segunagagu(m): 10:50am On Jan 22, 2013
debrief08: Lol, You are Sir oh, Infact you should buy a Porshe.
Your Father is a really patient Man.
Enjoy, Me I am done, at 26, You should know your left nd right, if you can't find it now, goodluck to you.
I fear u!!!!!
Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Am Still Scared Of Dad At Age 26. by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 22, 2013
Segun agagu:
So u mean because my dad is retired,am nt entitled to any good thing abi?

OP, the feeling that you are the first son should not get to your head. He is retired but you are still under his roof, so proceed to tell him how you saved all that money to buy the gadget. Maybe you are scared he is gonna reduce your stipends. But that's not the end of the world, try and get the positive things from our fathers action and proceed from there. Instead of all this games, news, pings you benefit from your blackburry, try and use your savings next time to proceed on some vocational training that might help you earn money while you are still studying, I bet your dad will be proud of that.

Also these trainings will make you stay away from home most times, and increase your financial, social and productivity life.

Depending on your area of study, find a training that will help you now and after school.

As for good things, you can burrow from friends for the time being. smiley
Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Am Still Scared Of Dad At Age 26. by eagleeye2: 11:22am On Jan 22, 2013
At 26. Wow wow.

My dad is late, but as of 16years of age I had a shouting match with dad over a disagreement. By 17 years of age, dad was already discussing issues with me man to man. Consulting with me before taking decisions.

Guy, abeg some of your mates are already married at that age. Some earning their own money. Grow balls son.
Believe me you, your dad will be getting so disappointed with your attitude though he may not say it.
Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Am Still Scared Of Dad At Age 26. by gulfer: 11:50am On Jan 22, 2013
I tell you, that is how it ought to be. Initially it was fear, now it is respect that you have for him and not fear as you fink.
Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Am Still Scared Of Dad At Age 26. by Segunagagu(m): 11:53am On Jan 22, 2013
Thanks all..so what do u guys advice me to do..concerning the fear of a thing and d relationship..
Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Am Still Scared Of Dad At Age 26. by lillyveezy: 11:56am On Jan 22, 2013
Segun agagu:
I fear u!!!!!
U fear her?Lol!She is the aunty of family section,u better listen up.I may not always agree with her but this time around,whole-nine-yard!
Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Am Still Scared Of Dad At Age 26. by eagleeye2: 11:58am On Jan 22, 2013
Segun agagu: Thanks all..so what do u guys advice me to do..concerning the fear of a thing and d relationship..

Stand up to your Fear and look Fear in the face, you will overcome. And please start thinking responsibly if you want to be taken seriously by your old man.
Which one be, "am a student and he still feeds me" then you get a loose 42k and waste it on a BB playbook, that one Agbero fit slap you for road collect am.
Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Am Still Scared Of Dad At Age 26. by eledalo: 12:54pm On Jan 22, 2013
Are you not the same guy that needs help thinking about exam, intepreting dream, woman, househelp, finding school, church, etc etc. Haba. From your previous posts always seeking help, your problem can never be solved by anyone else other than yourself.
You obviously have no confidence in yourself, such that you cannot think for yourself even in the smallest ways. This is no insult. Its an interpretation of your numerous topics on this forum. Start having confidence in yourself bros. - Not arrogance o.

Eg:
https://www.nairaland.com/1084183/plssssssssss-me..wat
https://www.nairaland.com/1076323/pastors-envagelist-here..plssss-need-ur
https://www.nairaland.com/1068400/fighting-two-younger-brothers-dream
https://www.nairaland.com/1067484/plsssssssss-enlighten-water-after-meal
Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Am Still Scared Of Dad At Age 26. by SisiKill1: 1:16pm On Jan 22, 2013
I'm sorry but why are advising him on how to tell his father about the tablet??!!

This is 26yrs man who isn't working, is content with taking money from his dad and his friends who are WORKING.....same friends he doesn't "keep" and the ones he does keep don't have tablets.

One would think someone who doesn't have a job will be doing begmasco to start a small business on the side. ...nooooo oh, he is mooching off his working friends who aren't really his friends to buy tablet those same working friends don't have, so he can play games and read the bible.

If you love gadgets so much, you must have them....get a damn job.

I don't blame the father at all. ...only God knows what else the poor man has seen with his unemployed son that's leaves him1 scratching his head.
Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Am Still Scared Of Dad At Age 26. by coogar: 1:31pm On Jan 22, 2013
davidylan:
My guy, are you 16? grin

even at 16, there was no reason to fear my dad......
haba, having an argument with my dad was my favourite past time. i would deliberately start supporting the opposing team during a football game just to spark an argument. even if this dude moves out, the fear is still going to be there until they have a massive row. nigerian parents never back down, they never apologise to their kids cos they tend to think they know it all. this dude must break that hold otherwise he would forever be pissed on.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can A Legally Married Man Rape His Wife? / Am A Carbon-copy Of My Dad. See (picture) / People Living Abroad,where Is Best To Buy A House First Nigeria Or Abroad ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.