Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,865 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? (24797 Views)

Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - AFCON 2013 Final (1 - 0) - On 10th February 2013 / The Five Lessons Stephen Keshi Must Learn From Nigeria's Draw With Rwanda / 2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by basisop(m): 11:12pm On Jan 21, 2013
mcwinnie:
[size=16pt]i blame Libkid for blaming yobo and keshi[/size]

I blame Mcwinnie for blaming Libkid who blamed yobo and keshi.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 21, 2013
supremebeing09:

Mate, what exactly is your point? Seriously. Because I struggled to put a sentence together (no offence). And for Christ's sake, I DIDN'T favour the referee. He was fair. The game itself was extremely rough. I just highlighted the difference(s) between ways referees officiate games based on several contexts.

And, by the way, if Africa felt it had enough competent referees to officiate international games FIFA would recognise that. I have seen African referees preside over international games.

By the way, I AM Nigerian and I always pray for luck to sway towards the Super Eagles. But the game in my opinion was square and fair. You're entitled to your opinion.
yes everyone is entitled to his opinion, that i respect and i will respect yours but i asked a question which you've not answered?

1. The fouls we committed, were they not similar to that of the faso boys? Why did ours earn us a yellow and theirs got them nothing?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by MaziOmenuko: 11:14pm On Jan 21, 2013
Myself, for watching the match!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by TableLeg(m): 11:14pm On Jan 21, 2013
They are fu.....cking mad ..... Rassclaarts!
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jan 21, 2013
U can put the blame on me
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by oba123: 11:15pm On Jan 21, 2013
When will Yobo retire?
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by elampiro(m): 11:15pm On Jan 21, 2013
udz: Nigerians always blaming d referee. Our boys were not clinical in their tackles especially d local boys. Again U r leading by a lone, U r one man down, y attacking. A gud coach will instruct d boys 2 pack trailer. Let us b neutral in our analysis.

Over the weekend, United packed trailer and still conceded.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by femi4: 11:16pm On Jan 21, 2013
bennyraz: yes everyone is entitled to his opinion, that i respect and i will respect yours but i asked a question which you've not answered?

1. The fouls we committed, were they not similar to that of the faso boys? Why did ours earn us a yellow and theirs got them nothing?
they were not similar, you don't stop an attacker with your hand, else you ll get booked
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by supremebeing09: 11:17pm On Jan 21, 2013
bennyraz: yes everyone is entitled to his opinion, that i respect and i will respect yours but i asked a question which you've not answered?

You know in the football world there is a difference between a professional tackle and a silly tackle and our boys chose the latter?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jan 21, 2013
supremebeing09:

You know in the football world there is a difference between a professional tackle and a silly tackle and our boys chose the latter?

You're talking Absolute Rubbish.

What did Ambrose do to get sent off or are you a blind bat?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by supremebeing09: 11:20pm On Jan 21, 2013
aribisala0: The result was a fair one.No one has a right to win and the Burkinabes did themselves credit with their persistence which paid off in the end. I really admire their spirit which was inspirational. Our boys showed flashes of inspiration occasionally but were wasteful in front of goal. The red card was deserved and Efe should have known better.Discipline is always a problem for African teams and I don't know what the solution to that is. The boys appear to be genuinely young and if kept together will have a bright future.We still need to have at least one world class player in the midfield and a more efficient striker but we should have our eyes firmly in the future because we won't win the Cup and will be lucky to to get to the Semis.

There is no need to blame anyone, this is a reflection of how good we really are.I also think our boys were physically less fit than the Burkinabes and I do not think this was just down to being a man down. Overall we do not have the same kind of quality we had in the late 90s and I wonder why that is.Still, keeping these guys together for two more years should bring great improvement. Disappointing for sure but let's be realistic and honest a fair result.

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH!
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Abrantie: 11:20pm On Jan 21, 2013
You drew fair and square. Shut up!

UP BLACK STARS!!! grin
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 21, 2013
supremebeing09:

the silly tackle that was committed on mikel which he protested, was the faso player booked?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by vandarsar(m): 11:21pm On Jan 21, 2013
As much as you tried hard to be objective you were still biased, and I believe you're just trying to play a devil advocate role.

How can you say there was a level playing field in that game we saw today? I for one believed Nigerians got booked unnecessarily by the ref. He was not consistent. The game's suppose to be a local derby with lots of reasonable tackles flying high....

If Nigeria deserve 5 yellow cards, then the Bukinababes deserve 4 let alone they didn't even get cautioned. How will you explain the 10th min incident between the last CB and Eminike?

supremebeing09:

Mate, what exactly is your point? Seriously. Because I struggled to put a sentence together (no offence). And for Christ's sake, I DIDN'T favour the referee. He was fair. The game itself was extremely rough. I just highlighted the difference(s) between ways referees officiate games based on several contexts.

And, by the way, if Africa felt it had enough competent referees to officiate international games FIFA would recognise that. I have seen African referees preside over international games.

By the way, I AM Nigerian and I always pray for luck to sway towards the Super Eagles. But the game in my opinion was square and fair. You're entitled to your opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by egbetokuns(m): 11:21pm On Jan 21, 2013
I blame yobo and keshi. Mikel doing is best. Yobo shud out of super eagle before e cause calamity again. Never see that kind captain commiting error like school boy well osaze don warn us abt him and keshi.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jan 21, 2013
femi4: they were not similar, you don't stop an attacker with your hand, else you ll get booked

Some of you are truly blind. Even the Eurosport commentators were wondering aloud at why the Nigerian players were getting carded for the most minor 'infractions'. Ambrose's sending off was an absolute OUTRAGE.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by supremebeing09: 11:23pm On Jan 21, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Obviously you're entitled to your opinion and, no, I am not as blind as a bat. Well, two bookable offences for sure - I'm sorry if you disagree with me but I'll keep saying the same - we all are entitled to our opinion and I stick to mine.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:23pm On Jan 21, 2013
Wetin de vex me be say na when I enter viewing center 2 watch the remaining mins na when they score us they no let me sit down ball don enter net me I turn back immediately begin de go house, I blame the strikers that cant hold the ball to kill time I hope Drogba na naija guy na dat time I de luv am die cus he sabi waste time with the ball for the byline

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 21, 2013
supremebeing09:

Obviously you're entitled to your opinion and, no, I am not as blind as a bat. Well, two bookable offences for sure - I'm sorry if you disagree with me but I'll keep saying the same - we all are entitled to our opinion and I stick to mine.

I'm entitled to say you are BLIND. The Burkinabes committed no 'bookable offences' at all to you while Nigeria committed FIVE?

BLIND BAT.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by vandarsar(m): 11:26pm On Jan 21, 2013
lol.... Am lolling at my PC. People from Bukina Faso are called Burkinababes and not Faso.

But I must acknowledge the fact you raised a valid point. The bukinababes tackles are heavier than that of our boys, just that the ref painted us black by awarding cards that are uncalled for.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by supremebeing09: 11:26pm On Jan 21, 2013
[quote author=vandarsar]As much as you tried hard to be objective you were still biased, and I believe you're just trying to play a devil advocate role.

How can you say there was a level playing field in that game we saw today? I for one believed Nigerians got booked unnecessarily by the ref. He was not consistent. The game's suppose to be a local derby with lots of reasonable tackles flying high....

If Nigeria deserve 5 yellow cards, then the Bukinababes deserve 4 let alone they didn't even get cautioned. How will you explain the 10th min incident between the last CB and Eminike?

Obviously as much as our opinions differ, the referee has the utmost discretion to make decisions as he/she sees fits.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by femi4: 11:28pm On Jan 21, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Some of you are truly blind. Even the Eurosport commentators were wondering aloud at why the Nigerian players were getting carded for the most minor 'infractions'. Ambrose's sending off was an absolute OUTRAGE.
look at this fool....the commentator knows more than you or wat r u saying.
They all have different views ....The rule is clear, you don't stop an oncoming attacker with your hand as a defender. Perhaps you should start watching football more to learn more about the rules and not only when Nigeria is playing
Eurosport my foot!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by shadrach77: 11:29pm On Jan 21, 2013
matters arising
1. i blame a technically inept keshi. He failed to pass instructions to the guys from the bench.
2. Inexperience - an experienced team would have taken the ball to the corner flag and tried to wind down time
3. bad goalkeeping - Enyeama dissapointed. A good goalkeeper would have been able to stop the shot. Enyeama is not good at shop stopping
4. Bad refereeing. Where did 4 minutes injury time come from? The referee was obviously working against us and we played into his hands

in addendum...

The team lacked technical depth and they tend to tire out quicky. Nigeria is no longer a powerhouse in African football but an average team. The most we can expect from our next two matches is a point and i don't see us making it past the group stages

angry sad sad sad embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by NoContract(m): 11:29pm On Jan 21, 2013
I blame Nairaland for breeding hateful minds.

I don't trust the Chicken Republics though.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by supremebeing09: 11:30pm On Jan 21, 2013
ROSSIKE:

I'm entitled to say you are BLIND. The Burkinabes committed no 'bookable offences' at all to you while Nigeria committed FIVE?

BLIND BAT.

Yes, I am as blind as a bat. End of.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jan 21, 2013
ROSSIKE:

BLIND BAT.
i think fasobases are more professional.eagles get 3 offside while they get none. eagles are too rough.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by AVWENAGHA: 11:31pm On Jan 21, 2013
i blame NEPA FOR BRINGING LIGHT 2 WASH DIS RUBBISH,YOBO,YOBO YOBO,HW MANY TIME I CALLINGS YOU
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by udz: 11:32pm On Jan 21, 2013
U r calling smone a blind bat, i think U r d blind carmel in a forest. Go and learn how 2 watch football.
ROSSIKE:

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 21, 2013
femi4: look at this fool....the commentator knows more than you or wat r u saying.
They all have different views ....The rule is clear, you don't stop an oncoming attacker with your hand as a defender. Perhaps you should start watching football more to learn more about the rules and not only when Nigeria is playing

Dummy. You are a BLIND MORO.N who knows ZILCH about football. Ambrose did NOT stop the player with his hand. There was only the merest contact which was absolutely not bookable. In fact when his hand tapped the player on the midriff he quickly removed it and the player went down. And it was most certainly NOT bookable and the Eurosport commentators said so. They were unbiased unlike you and the Arab ref.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jan 21, 2013
vandarsar: lol.... Am lolling at my PC. People from Bukina Faso are called Burkinababes and not Faso.

But I must acknowledge the fact you raised a valid point. The bukinababes tackles are heavier than that of our boys, just that the ref painted us black by awarding cards that are uncalled for.

thank you jare.. U watched d match with ur two eyes open cheesy
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Mikebrown(m): 11:33pm On Jan 21, 2013
First of all... The pitch was in a bad shape...(abi nor b southafrica dem play d match).. D tin was looking lyk me secondary sch field.......chai...
Second d ref.... Jst get beef wit us o... It was so obvious....
Bt we try wella.. Really enjoyed d match...although inexperienced costed us sha.....up 9ja

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today! / Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 21st Birthday With Family & Friends / The Banyana Banyana Miracle Vs. The Super Falcons Miracle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.