Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,147 members, 7,811,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football (22905 Views)

Senegal Vs Burkina Fasso All African Games Final / Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders / f (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by babyboy3(m): 6:14pm On Jan 27, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Rijkaard's Barcelona were a good possessive side but Guardiola's team played more possessively and kept the ball longer. Does that mean that Rijkaard tells his to give the ball away carelessly?

According to Guillem Balague and Graham Hunter they said the difference between Rijkaard and Guardiola is that he made the team fitter, squeeze up against teams and moving the ball faster....

Now teams are trying to squeeze up against Barcelona and force them to go long
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by babyboy3(m): 6:29pm On Jan 27, 2013
They way i see, yes possession is 9 tenth of the law, but they must be a balance Italy have added more possession to their football but in their game you would still find it hard to break them down, Germany move the ball around more than usual but the aggressiveness and physical aspect of their game still exist..... but England don't want it, I could remember Euro 2004 Michael Owen scored within the first 5 min and they gave away possession time and time again that they could get out of their area and Portugal came back to beat them, the same against France in the group stage.

At the African Nations cup Ethiopia played Tiki taka and Burkina Faso played the waiting game and hammered them 4-0.

Uruguay who I feel could be a dark horse to win the next world are direct, they keep possession of the ball, they are physical and they have individual players that could do damage.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by coogar: 6:40pm On Jan 27, 2013
uruguay?
belgium is the team to fear within the next 3 yrs!
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:33pm On Jan 27, 2013
baby-boy:

Ath. Madrid is a counter attacking side just like a Mourinho Chelsea or Porto side and that's how they beat both Bilbao and Chelsea... yes the have the ability to open teams up but they are of an counter attacking side in my opinion.

As I said earlier, many coaches have different patterns. Rijkaard played with Creative wingers and middle passmasters. Wingers were Ronaldhino and Giuly. Pass masters were Edmilson, Xavi and Deco. Villas Boas, Played with deep lying midfielders (Guarin, Bellushi, Moutinho) and many creative attacking wingers(Varela, Hulk) to unlock defenses. Simeone plays with attacking wingers but when he is with the ball, he leaves no room for counter attack.

We fans of creative, attacking and possessive football have nothing against coaches like Boas and Simeone (we see them as ours, because they try to hold the ball and keep possession, not clearing the ball and waiting for the attacking side to attack).

We have a pronlem with people like Mourinho and Tony Pulis who are ready to sacrifice creative players for mechanics.

For instance the way Chelsea played Bayern and Barca, Ashley Cole had no chance to express himself.

Coaches like Boas gives people like Dembele and Demsey the Chance to express themselves like Simeone given Arda Turan (genius), Christian Rodriguez, Tiago, Gabi and Raul Garcia.

Yes when Mourinho first came to Real Madrid, he played some good attacking football with Ozil, Di Maria, Khedira and Alonso connecting.

When he tried attacking Barca and got slaughtered 5-0. He threw Karanka's (his assistant/attacking coach) tactical books out of the window.

What he forgot that good possessive attacking football takes time to nurture.I used to download those Madrid highlights and watch repeatedly.

Now when Mourinho faces a tough opposition, he plays defensively and hopes ro catch them on the counter.

That is not how Simeone sets up against Barca. Mourinho prefers Essien to play than Kaka because Essien can track back deep and block the ball. He even sets up this way against Athletico Madrid.

Simeone doesn't play this way. He plays good possessive football but makes sure there are no gaps.
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:40pm On Jan 27, 2013
baby-boy:
They way i see, yes possession is 9 tenth of the law, but they must be a balance Italy have added more possession to their football but in their game you would still find it hard to break them down, Germany move the ball around more than usual but the aggressiveness and physical aspect of their game still exist..... but England don't want it, I could remember Euro 2004 Michael Owen scored within the first 5 min and they gave away possession time and time again that they could get out of their area and Portugal came back to beat them, the same against France in the group stage.

At the African Nations cup Ethiopia played Tiki taka and Burkina Faso played the waiting game and hammered them 4-0.

Uruguay who I feel could be a dark horse to win the next world are direct, they keep possession of the ball, they are physical and they have individual players that could do damage.

Nice write up and interesting points and observation made. We can't deny the success Guardiola made in his first season and how he was able to cut off most part of footballing philosophy and used mostly the possessive part of the game to thrash lots of team.

Every team can play to their tradition but I Believe a great consideration should be given to the possessive aspect of the game.

That is why I applaud Italy and Germany for stepping up both in Club and league level. I hope Nigeria gets a coach that will also promote possessive football.
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:58pm On Jan 27, 2013
baby-boy:

Let me give you a scenario and gives a clear division of the kind of strategy we like and the kind we hate.

Imagine the time left for a match is 10 mins. Team A is a goal down and Team B is a goal up. If you look at the set up and approach both teams will take, you will see that team A will play an Attacking formation (Poyet, Mancini, Bielsa, Wenger, Guardiola, Villanova, Hynckes etc). Team B will take a defensive approach ( Allardyce, Tony Pulis, Mourinho against an attacking side, Di Matteo against Bayern and Barca).

Some coaches are in between, some lean towards Team A (Ferguson, Benitez, Paul Lambert, Boas, Simeone etc) and some lean towards Team B (Pardew, Martin O'Neal etc).

So coaches like Boas and Simeone lean towards team A than Alex Ferguson.
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by coogar: 8:11pm On Jan 27, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Let me give you a scenario and gives a clear division of the kind of strategy we like and the kind we hate.

Imagine the time left for a match is 10 mins. Team A is a goal down and Team B is a goal up. If you look at the set up and approach both teams will take, you will see that team A will play an Attacking formation (Poyet, Mancini, Bielsa, Wenger, Guardiola, Villanova, Hynckes etc). Team B will take a defensive approach ( Allardyce, Tony Pulis, Mourinho against an attacking side, Di Matteo against Bayern and Barca).

Some coaches are in between, some lean towards Team A (Ferguson, Benitez, Paul Lambert, Boas, Simeone etc) and some lean towards Team B (Pardew, Martin O'Neal etc).
So coaches like Boas and Simeone lean towards team A than Alex Ferguson.

this is a big lie........
no team plays an attacking formation more than ferguson in the whole of europe - he's still the only manager playing 4-4-2 in europe. one of the reasons he lost 2 champions league finals to barcelona. if he had been more cautious in his approach like mourinho, he would have won at least one of them!

if united are down 1-0 in a match, the opposition should start praying for the last 10 min seige. go and watch the last 5 mins of the 1999 champions league final against bayern. after the equaliser, the assistant manager(steve mclaren) was about to inform beckham n co to defend for the remaining minutes and play for the extra time.....fergie told him no that there's still another goal in the game and he's confident his team would grab it and united got it. united never ever stops attacking when they are losing - they just run out of time!
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:22pm On Jan 27, 2013
coogar:

this is a big lie........
no team plays an attacking formation more than ferguson in the whole of europe - he's still the only manager playing 4-4-2 in europe. one of the reasons he lost 2 champions league finals to barcelona. if he had been more cautious in his approach like mourinho, he would have won at least one of them!

if united are down 1-0 in a match, the opposition should start praying for the last 10 min seige. go and watch the last 5 mins of the 1999 champions league final against bayern. after the equaliser, the assistant manager(steve mclaren) was about to inform beckham n co to defend for the remaining minutes and play for the extra time.....fergie told him no that there's still another goal in the game and he's confident his team would grab it and united got it. united never ever stops attacking when they are losing - they just run out of time!

You didn't understand me. When the match starts, the formation played by the manager is what I am talking about. Beginning of this season, Manchester City played a 3-5-2 formation. That is the kind of formation you play when you are down a goal with 10 minutes to go. Alex Ferguson will start all ways with his 4 backline. So what is a lie about what I said?

Manchester City lost a lot of games with that formation and he changed it and now uses it more towards the end of the match. He wants the team to slowly transform into the 3-5-2 formation.

Against Stoke yesterday, when Kompany injured, Mancini played with only one central defender and two overlapping full backs. Lescott in defense and Zabaleta and Clichy overlapping. Zabaleta scored the goal.

There is a coach who used to coach Genoa and Inter, Gasperini always plays 3-4-3 formation with 3 Strikers, 2 wingers and 2 deep lying midfielders, 3 center backs.

Ferguson always maintains his 4-4-2 formation which is less risky to lose. That is why I said that he leans towards Team A but isn't exactly in team A. grin

THAT IS A BIG LIE. grin grin grin You are funny.
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by coogar: 9:02pm On Jan 27, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

You didn't understand me. When the match starts, the formation played by the manager is what I am talking about. Beginning of this season, Manchester City played a 3-5-2 formation. That is the kind of formation you play when you are down a goal with 10 minutes to go. Alex Ferguson will start all ways with his 4 backline. So what is a lie about what I said?

Manchester City lost a lot of games with that formation and he changed it and now uses it more towards the end of the match. He wants the team to slowly transform into the 3-5-2 formation.

Against Stoke yesterday, when Kompany injured, Mancini played with only one central defender and two overlapping full backs. Lescott in defense and Zabaleta and Clichy overlapping. Zabaleta scored the goal.

There is a coach who used to coach Genoa and Inter, Gasperini always plays 3-4-3 formation with 3 Strikers, 2 wingers and 2 deep lying midfielders, 3 center backs.

Ferguson always maintains his 4-4-2 formation which is less risky to lose. That is why I said that he leans towards Team A but isn't exactly in team A. grin

THAT IS A BIG LIE. grin grin grin You are funny.

4-4-2 is the most attacking formation ever.
any manager playing 3-5-2 is being defensive - you really think it's the number of defenders that determines what is offensive from being defensive? you really need to go learn about tactical formations. man city play 7 defenders. what are barry, milner, toure? attackers?

you said fergie always play 4-4-2.....forgetting 2 of those back four are basically wing-backs. rafael and evra spend more time attacking than defending - then you have 2 out n out wingers who stretch the play and the 2 strikers......only 3 players defend in man utd(the centre-halves and carrick).
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:14pm On Jan 27, 2013
coogar:

any manager playing 3-5-2 is being defensive - you really think it's the number of defenders that determines what is offensive from being defensive? you really need to go learn about tactical formations. man city play 7 defenders. what are barry, milner, toure? attackers?

you said fergie always play 4-4-2.....forgetting 2 of those back four are basically wing-backs. rafael and evra spend more time attacking than defending - then you have 2 out n out wingers who stretch the play and the 2 strikers......only 3 players defend in man utd(the centre-halves and carrick).

Let explain again to you. In a 4-4-2 formation, when you are under pressure, you have 4 defenders. In a 3-5-2 formation, when you are under pressure, you have 3 defenders. That is why when a game is at the dying minutes, most coaches take out one of their wing backs, to put in a striker. To make the formation more attacking. If you use my Team A, Team B scenario, you will understand. It is not by attacking online and saying I need to go and learn about Tactical formation.

If 3-5-2 was a defensive formation, why was Man City leaking in goals? Why did Gasperini get sacked by Moratti for leaking goals. Playing the 3-5-2 formation is very attacking and lethal. It just takes a lot of time to master.

3-5-2

Attacking player RMF, LMF, AMF, CF = 6

Defensive players CB, DMF = 4

--------------------------Hart-----------------------------
-------------Toure(CB)-------Kompany(CB)---------Nastatic(CB)---------
-------------------------Barry(DMF/CMF)---------------------------
--Maicon(RWB/RMF)--------------------------------------Kolarov(LWB/LMF)--
---------------Tevez(AMF)--------------------Silva(AMF)---------------
--------------------Dzeko(CF)----------Aguero(CF)--------

4-4-2

Attacking player RMF, LMF, CF = 4

Defensive players CB, DMF = 6. If DMF play as CMF they form neutral. Making defensive players = 4

------------Kompany(CB)---------Nastatic(CB)----------------
--Zabaleta(RB)--------------------------------------Clichy(LB)--
---------------Garcia(DMF)--------------------Barry(DMF)---------------
--Zabaleta(RW)--------------------------------------------Clichy(LW)--

You understand the formation when the team wants to start the game. From the formation above, you can tell which team is defensive. Even if the defensive midfielders play as central midfielders, the form Neutral players but the attacking players are still 4

By the way, you can't call Milner a defender, he tracks back. Will you call Ashley Young and Valencia defenders because they track back?

By the way, Congrats to Mauro Icardi today for his 4 goals against Pescara. That is amazing, it seems Barcelona let this talent slip out of their hands. I also hope Barca signs Araujo. That kid is a star of the future.
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:18pm On Jan 27, 2013
coogar:

Another thing you should know about the 3-5-2 formation is that the team plays a high line when attacking and the defenders turn into defensive midfielders, while the other players attack. Ferguson never takes this kind of risk.
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:23pm On Jan 27, 2013
coogar:

I'll use the Manchester City squad to show the Gasperini formation

3-4-3

Attacking player RW, LW, SS, CF= 5

Defensive players CB, DMF = 5

---------------Garcia(DMF/CMF)--------------------Barry(DMF/CMF)---------------
--Silva(RW)---------------------------------------------------Nasri(LW)----------
---------------Tevez(SS)--------------------Aguero(SS)------------------------------
------------------------------Dzeko(CF)-------------------------------------------------

Please do you still think that 4-4-2 is the most attacking formation?
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by coogar: 10:26pm On Jan 27, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Another thing you should know about the 3-5-2 formation is that the team plays a high line when attacking and the defenders turn into defensive midfielders, while the other players attack. Ferguson never takes this kind of risk.

which team does not play a high line when attacking? the amount of false information you dish out here would sink the titanic. when a team is attacking, the last defender is in the half of the opposition and the goalkeeper is at the edge of the box. every team pushes forward when attacking as you don't want to leave a massive gap between the defenders and the midfielders.

the formation you drew is also irrelevant - it's not the position that matters but the players filling that role. wes brown and oshea were man utd right backs but you can never compare their attacking instinct to rafael da silva or compare silvestre to evra. rafael/evra are more attack minded than zabaleta/clichy. what mancini plays is 5-3-2 and not 3-5-2 like you are making it to look. zabaleta/clichy are defenders! in the central midfield, city have toure/barry/de jong as destroyers. how does that formation pose any risk in comparison to man utd who have no designated defensive midfielder like de jong/barry.
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:31pm On Jan 27, 2013
coogar:

Finally I'll use the Manchester City squad to show Guardiola's most attacking formation - 3-3-4.

3-3-4

Attacking players AMF, SS, CF = 6

Defensive players CB, DMF = 4

-------------------------Barry(DMF/CMF)---------------------------
--------------YaYa(AMF)-----------------Silva(AMF)-------------------
-----------Tevez(SS)---------------------------------Nasir(SS)---------------
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:39pm On Jan 27, 2013
coogar:

which team does not play a high line when attacking? the amount of false information you dish out here would sink the titanic. when a team is attacking, the last defender is in the half of the opposition and the goalkeeper is at the edge of the box. every team pushes forward when attacking as you don't want to leave a massive gap between the defenders and the midfielders.

the formation you drew is also irrelevant - it's not the position that matters but the players filling that role. wes brown and oshea were man utd right backs but you can never compare their attacking instinct to rafael da silva or compare silvestre to evra. rafael/evra are more attack minded than zabaleta/clichy. what mancini plays is 5-3-2 and not 3-5-2 like you are making it to look. zabaleta/clichy are defenders! in the central midfield, city have toure/barry/de jong as destroyers. how does that formation pose any risk in comparison to man utd who have no designated defensive midfielder like de jong/barry.

At the moment you are just dragging. I am talking about the formation and you are talking about the players and just ranting. You said 4-4-2 is a most attacking formation which is a bloody lie. I have shown you why the formation isn't. Yet you are talking De Jong and Barry.

Please earlier when Mancini started, he was playing a defensive formation. As the team stuck together, he started changing the team into an attacking formation. That was why he let De Jong go. That is why he bought Garcia to slowly replace Barry and Yaya will play more like an attacking player.

De Jong spent most of last season on the bench because we left the defensive side and tilted towards the attacking side. That is why we thrashed Man Utd 6-1. grin grin grin grin

I am tired of bringing facts while you just argue. Prove to me why you said the 4-4-2 is the most attacking formation. Is it more attacking than the Guardiola's 3-3-4?

From you reply above, you will say were is Dani Alves. grin grin grin grin grin

Please with respect to the formation, I have giving you my reason why I think 4-4-2 is more defensive. Man Utd never plays high line. That is a bloody lie. Manchester United defends deep. That is why when an attacker is coming with the ball, instead of you central to go in for the tackle, the drift back waiting for the ball to leave the feet of the opposing attacking player.
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:53pm On Jan 27, 2013
coogar:

Even Man Utd fan is claiming they play highline. grin grin grin

Last season under Boas Chelsea tried playing the highline and they got massacred by Arsenal. How can every team play highline. Man City bought Nastastic because of strengthening our highline play. Even Lescott finds it difficult. Do you think Highline is beans. Micah Richards complains about it.

Chelsea board had to stop it because it made their world class defenders look bad. That is why Puyol, Pique and Ramos are respected. They play this pattern with ease. Also the defenders of Porto.

Man Utd highline. grin grin I'll say it again you are funny.

By the way, how come the two footed tackle on Garcia by Stoke's Whelan was over looked by Howard Webb.

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by coogar: 11:00pm On Jan 27, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:
At the moment you are just dragging. I am talking about the formation and you are talking about the players and just ranting. You said 4-4-2 is a most attacking formation which is a bloody lie. I have shown you why the formation isn't. Yet you are talking De Jong and Barry.

you don't understand your football at all - the only reason any manager would play 3 central midfielders is because he wants to defend. it even sucks when 2 of these defenders are dedicated defensive midfielders. if de jong/toure are not defenders to you then stop watching football. toure only gets to play behind the strikers when it's imperative for city to get an equaliser or a winner but since we are talking about starting positions, then toure is basically a destroyer!

Please earlier when Mancini started, he was playing a defensive formation. As the team stuck together, he started changing the team into an attacking formation. That was why he let De Jong go. That is why he bought Garcia to slowly replace Barry and Yaya will play more like an attacking player.

this is a big lie......barry stopped playing because he was injured. garcia is just a plank. milner is neither an out n out winger nor a central midfielder. he is just there to make up numbers or do the hatchet job in the midfield. yaya toure don't play as an attacking midfielder until it's important for city to get a goal!

De Jong spent most of last season on the bench because we left the defensive side and tilted towards the attacking side. That is why we thrashed Man Utd 6-1. grin grin grin grin
I am tired of bringing facts while you just argue. Prove to me why you said the 4-4-2 is the most attacking formation. Is it more attacking than the Guardiola's 3-3-4?

this is another lie because de jong played in that 6-1 game. united were down to 10 men for the last 40 mins and 3 of his city's goals came in the last 3 mins of the game after united threw all caution to the wind and was attacking hoping to equalise. the fletcher goal was the turning point. united thought a come back was on and they left the back exposed. you see? you don't even know jack about the team you claim to support!

guardiola never played 3-3-4. he played 3-4-3.....
another lie has been uncovered. do you watch football with your nose? how can a manager start with 3-3-4? not even if he's playing against a secondary school team.

From you reply above, you will say were is Dani Alves. grin grin grin grin grin

dani alves = rafael da silva!

Please with respect to the formation, I have giving you my reason why I think 4-4-2 is more defensive. Man Utd never plays high line. That is a bloody lie. Manchester United defends deep. That is why when an attacker is coming with the ball, instead of you central to go in for the tackle, the drift back waiting for the ball to leave the feet of the opposing attacking player. [/color]

4-4-2 with out n out wingers is more attacking than 3-5-2, 3-4-3 and even 4-3-3 in that - the 4-4-2 with 2 touch line wingers is basically 4-2-4. united wingers don't drift inwards like silva and nasri. they take the ball to the bye line before delivering a cross. they are always in line with the united's 2 strikers and this is one reason united are the most vulnerable to attack in all the big teams in europe! united play that formation without a dedicated destroyer acting like the 3rd central defender and you are claiming mancini is more attacking - attacking what?
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:00pm On Jan 27, 2013
Meanwhile Kompany gets a red card for a clean tackle. Sickening.
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:02pm On Jan 27, 2013
coogar:

you are right
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:06pm On Jan 27, 2013
coogar:

you don't understand your football at all - the only reason any manager would play 3 central midfielders is because he wants to defend. it even sucks when 2 of these defenders are dedicated defensive midfielders. if de jong/toure are not defenders to you then stop watching football. toure only gets to play behind the strikers when it's imperative for city to get an equaliser or a winner but since we are talking about starting positions, then toure is basically a destroyer!

this is a big lie......barry stopped playing because he was injured. garcia is just a plank. milner is neither an out n out winger nor a central midfielder. he is just there to make up numbers or do the hatchet job in the midfield. yaya toure don't play as an attacking midfielder until it's important for city to get a goal!

this is another lie because de jong played in that 6-1 game. united were down to 10 men for the last 40 mins and 3 of his city's goals came in the last 3 mins of the game after united threw all caution to the wind and was attacking hoping to equalise. the fletcher goal was the turning point. united thought a come back was on and they left the back exposed. you see? you don't even know jack about the team you claim to support!

guardiola never played 3-3-4. he played 3-4-3.....
another lie has been uncovered. do you watch football with your nose? how can a manager start with 3-3-4? not even if he's playing against a secondary school team.

dani alves = rafael da silva!

4-4-2 with out n out wingers is more attacking than 3-5-2, 3-4-3 and even 4-3-3 in that - the 4-4-2 with 2 touch line wingers is basically 4-2-4. united wingers don't drift inwards like silva and nasri. they take the ball to the bye line before delivering a cross. they are always in line with the united's 2 strikers and this is one reason united are the most vulnerable to attack in all the big teams in europe! united play that formation without a dedicated destroyer acting like the 3rd central defender and you are claiming mancini is more attacking - attacking what?

I think I am done talking with you. For you to call Javi Garcia a plank, I stopped reading your stuff. Anyone who calls Javi Garcia a plank is knows nothing about soccer. If Barry and De Jong were playing the defensive role, what role was Toure playing. Stop ranting.

You are saying Guardiola never played 3-3-4. I didn't say that is his formation. How do you know. You didn't even know that your hero said that English teams should learn from Spain and that Spain are years ahead of England. Yet you know the formations Guardiola plays.
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by coogar: 11:14pm On Jan 27, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

I think I am done talking with you. For you to call Javi Garcia a plank, I stopped reading your stuff. Anyone who calls Javi Garcia a plank is knows nothing about soccer. If Barry and De Jong were playing the defensive role, what role was Toure playing. Stop ranting.

You are saying Guardiola never played 3-3-4. How do you know. You didn't even know that your hero said that English teams should learn from Spain and that Spain are years ahead of England. Yet you know the formations Guardiola plays.

garcia is a super plank. i can mention 20 midfielders in the premier league that are heads and shoulders better than garcia. only man city can have that kind of player in their first team. cleverley literally destroyed him!

as per guardiola, i followed his career in barcelona more than i did ferguson @ man utd. pep never ever deployed 3-3-4 formation at barcelona unless you have been watching imaginary games! there are over a million articles on guardiola's experiment on the 3-4-3 formation when he used it to destroy villareal 5-0. there were thousands of articles hailing his bravery for trying the cryuff formation in the modern age of football......

go and learn more about tactical formations instead of throwing conjectures or beer parlour analysis - this is nairaland not larry izamoje's lounge so pay attention and take lessons!

http://objectivebarcelona.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Chapter-5-Guardiola-Tactical-System-Free-Sample-Chapter.pdf

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2011/08/29/barcelona-5-0-villarreal-tactics/

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/jonathan_wilson/09/05/barcelona.343/index.html?mobile=no
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:26pm On Jan 27, 2013
coogar:

garcia is a super plank. i can mention 20 midfielders in the premier league that are heads and shoulders better than garcia. only man city can have that kind of player in their first team. cleverley literally destroyed him!

as per guardiola, i followed his career in barcelona more than i did ferguson @ man utd. pep never ever deployed 3-3-4 formation at barcelona unless you have been watching imaginary games! there are over a million articles on guardiola's experiment on the 3-4-3 formation when he used it to destroy villareal 5-0. there were thousands of articles hailing his bravery for trying the cryuff formation in the modern age of football......

go and learn more about tactical formations instead of throwing conjectures or beer parlour analysis - this is nairaland not larry izamoje's lounge so pay attention and take lessons!

http://objectivebarcelona.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Chapter-5-Guardiola-Tactical-System-Free-Sample-Chapter.pdf

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/jonathan_wilson/09/05/barcelona.343/index.html?mobile=no

You believe those reports covered every game Guardiola coached. I said the most attacking formation he used.

aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ you comparing Cleverly †☺ Garcia?.

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:26pm On Jan 27, 2013
coogar:

You believe those reports covered every game Guardiola coached. I said the most attacking formation he used.

aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ you comparing Cleverly †☺ Garcia?.

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:27pm On Jan 27, 2013
coogar:

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:27pm On Jan 27, 2013
coogar:

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by coogar: 11:35pm On Jan 27, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Α̲̅я̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ you comparing Cleverly †☺ Garcia?.

cleverley is far better than garcia - he's better than him in every way!

and i am telling you guardiola never used 3-3-4 formation......
show me one link where guardiola used 3-3-4, surely something must have been written about it cos it's a ground-breaking formation that has never been used before.
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:03am On Jan 28, 2013
coogar:

cleverley is far better than garcia - he's better than him in every way!

and i am telling you guardiola never used 3-3-4 formation......
show me one link where guardiola used 3-3-4, surely something must have been written about it cos it's a ground-breaking formation that has never been used before.

My friend I am tired of showing you links. You know too much. You even know that Garcia a player Mancini brought to cover Yaya's departure for the AFCON is plank.

You know every formation Guardiola used. When he was known to switch formation many times during a game. So I can't argue with someone who thinks Javi Garcia, a player who was regular in the Portuguese dominating league is plank.

As soon as you said that I knew your type.

I thought you believe Scholes didn't say that Spain are years ahead of England. Even when Barca were trying to beat Chelsea and Chelsea packed the bus, he was playing 3-4-3.

By the way I said most attacking formation. Not starting or his regular formation. Please congrats to you.

Cleverly is better than a midfielder that grew up in Real Madrid Academy, played youth games with the Spanish team. Won the European Under 19 cup with Spain. Cleverly is better.

Thanks man Goodnight.
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by coogar: 12:12am On Jan 28, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:
My friend I am tired of showing you links. You know too much. You even know that Garcia a player Mancini brought to cover Yaya's departure for the AFCON is plank.

you are tired because you have nothing to show........
how many big teams have city played since yaya left? when yaya was in england sef, cleverley destroyed yaya so what are we talking about? cleverley have met yaya twice in the midfield and yaya was destroyed on both occasions! forget garcia, he's a witless apprentice!

You know every formation Guardiola used. When he was know to switch formation many times during a game. So I can't argue with someone who thinks Javi Garcia, a player who was regular in the Portuguese dominating league is plank.

yes i do cos i am a big fan of guardiola.
i followed guardiola at barca - he stuck to 4-3-3 for a long time and then experimented with 3-4-3. the only time he played the 3-4-3(diamond) formation was against milan - that had a semblance of 3-3-4 but fabregas is an attacking midfielder in that game operating at the tip of the other 3 midfielders. the formation did not work as barca nearly lost and guardiola never repeated the formation again till he resigned!

As soon as you said that I knew your type.
I thought you believe Scholes didn't say that Spain are years ahead of England. Even when Barca were trying to beat Chelsea and Chelsea packed the bus, he was playing 3-4-3. Thanks man Goodnight.

then english comprehension is your biggest challenge.
asking you to provide a link of what scholes said is not equivalent to not believing scholes said so - show me proof is different from blatantly calling you a liar. what scholes said does not matter - he's only being a hypocrite especially when he's a master of long passes himself. it's just his opinion - scholes is not a manager in england, he's just airing his opinion which everyone else also has a right to.

growing up in real madrid academy? buhahahaha - you must be a joker!
so anyone that grew from madrid academy must be a world class player? gbenga okunowo and haruna babangida grew up @ la masia, see how many african footballer of the year awards they won between themselves. they won 12, didn't they? that he couldn't make it in real madrid is a testament to what i said about him. he's a plank!!!!
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:40am On Jan 28, 2013
coogar:

you are tired because you have nothing to show........
how many big teams have city played since yaya left? when yaya was in england sef, cleverley destroyed yaya so what are we talking about? cleverley have met yaya twice in the midfield and yaya was destroyed on both occasions! forget garcia, he's a witless apprentice!

i followed guardiola at barca - he stuck to 4-3-3 for a long time and then experimented with 3-4-3. the only time he played the 3-4-3(diamond) formation was against milan - that had a semblance of 3-3-4 but fabregas is an attacking midfielder in that game operating at the tip of the other 3 midfielders. the formation did not work as barca nearly lost and guardiola never repeated the formation again till he resigned!

then english comprehension is your biggest challenge.
asking you to provide a link of what scholes said is not equivalent to not believing scholes said so - show me proof is different from blatantly calling you a liar. what scholes said does not matter - he's only being a hypocrite especially when he's a master of long passes himself. it's just his opinion - scholes is not a manager in england, he's just airing his opinion which everyone else also has a right to.

growing up in real madrid academy? buhahahaha - you must be a joker!
so anyone that grew from madrid academy must be a world class player? gbenga okunowo and haruna babangida grew up @ la masia, see how many african footballer of the year awards they won between themselves. they won 12, didn't they? that he couldn't make it in real madrid is a testament to what i said about him. he's a plank!!!!

Real Madrid Academy, I am a joker. That is where Sarabia, Mata, Valero, Jurado, Granero, Filipe Lius, Soldado.

By the way, I didn't say every body that grew up must be a great player. You just keep on making things up.

Man don't worry let us see how things go. Cleverly better than Javi Garcia. I have heard it all.
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:49am On Jan 28, 2013
coogar:

Master of great comprehension.

Are you tired of ranting?

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2012/04/03/barcelona-3-1-milan-guardiola-goes-with-a-3-3-4/

FAKE GUARDIOLA FAN. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by coogar: 12:50am On Jan 28, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:
Real Madrid Academy, I am a joker. That is where Sarabia, Mata, Valero, Jurado, Granero, Filipe Lius, Soldado.

just because you passed out from university of ibadan would not make you as gifted as wole soyinka. george best/bobby charlton went to the same united academy that graduated o'shea and kieran richardson.

By the way, I didn't say every body that grew up must be a great player. You just keep on making things up.
Man don't worry let us see how things go. Cleverly better than Javi Garcia. I have heard it all.

so what are you insinuating when you threw in the madrid academy angle? why didn't he make it at madrid especially when he's from spain? he didn't make it because he's not good enough - simple! go and watch the manchester derby again(the community shield) and the last one at the etihad and watch how cleverley destroyed yaya toure in the midfield!

thegoodjoehunt:

Master of great comprehension.

Are you tired of ranting?
http://www.zonalmarking.net/2012/04/03/barcelona-3-1-milan-guardiola-goes-with-a-3-3-4/
FAKE GUARDIOLA FAN. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin

why are you bringing up an example i already spoke about......
it was still 3-4-3......guardiola had cesc at the tip of the 3-man midfield - cesc is not a striker, he's an attacking midfielder so formation was still 3-4-3 or at best 3-3-1-3 cos cesc operated in the hole!

from the same article.....

The real interest here was Barcelona’s shape. Dani Alves was pushed up even higher than in the first leg, with (at first) no responsibility to get back into the right-back zone. He and Cuenca played on roughly the same horizontal line, with Fabregas in a free role and Lionel Messi as a false nine. It could be interpreted as a 3-4-3 with a diamond midfield, with Fabregas at the front tip, but he and Messi were often together, playing as a partnership and dovetailing – therefore, the unusual 3-3-4 notation makes sense here.
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:54am On Jan 28, 2013
@coogar. You know he played the formation but you are trying to make it look like he didn't. What do you mean by semblance. Please I am tired of your ranting.

By the way keep in your head that you said Clevely is a better midfielder than Javi Garcia. You also said Javi Garcia is plank congrats.

By the way Balo, if you leave good luck to you at Milan. Your heart is there and I pray you succeed. By the way Super John Guidetti, I hope you get your chance. You are a hero in the making.

GOODNIGHT.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Basketball: Liz Cambage Says She's In Talks To Represent Nigeria / Osimhen Nets Seventh Serie A Goal As Napoli Leapfrog Juventus / PHOTO: Copy Of Keshi's Letter To The NFF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.