Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,001 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? (10975 Views)

Finding True Love / The Pain Of Finding True Love. / Finding True Love Is An Art-not Trial And Error (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by sleekymag(m): 11:07am On Jan 23, 2013
I am curious to know if true love can be found as many times as possible in someone's life. Is there a limit to the number of times one can fall in love or is TRUE LOVE really a one-time event? I am not talking about deep crushes you've had at various point in time, neither am i talking about you loving someone and the love was never returned. Am talking about reciprocal love to the point that you both feel you'd rather spend the rest of your lives together, until something happens and you unfortunately find yourselves out of love again. Is true love real, or is it a myth that's over-hyped? Your opinions are welcome.
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by greedie1(f): 11:41am On Jan 23, 2013
you live once, you die once, you LOVE only ONCE
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by BlackPeni5: 11:44am On Jan 23, 2013
You can find true love as many times as you want...It only depends on what you love.

If na money area, naija babes have truely loved an average of 600 times in their current life.

grin

7 Likes

Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by sleekymag(m): 11:53am On Jan 23, 2013
gree-die:

How true is this? For you, are you saying you've loved only once and are still in love? Or you're yet to experience true love?

1 Like

Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by sleekymag(m): 12:00pm On Jan 23, 2013
Ok let me start with my own experience. I can say i have been in true love twice already, and i'm still single today, hoping a third true love would come my way. I fell in love as a teenager just entering the university, and the relationship lasted two years, then she left. After two years or so, she came back, but then, the pure love i had for her had disappeared. i managed the relationship for six months till i decided to walk out.

I didn't find true love again for another three years. And when i did, it lasted a whooping five years, and then it fell like a pack of cards (though not my making).

Two years on, and am still looking for that lady who can be my true love, particularly when am thinking of settling down. And the issue is, am the very selective type. One would wonder if i was ever truly in love those times, or if love in itself is just a figment of the imagination (you choosing to feel the way you feel).

4 Likes

Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by greedie1(f): 12:26pm On Jan 23, 2013
sleekymag:

How true is this? For you, are you saying you've loved only once and are still in love? Or you're yet to experience true love?
you love truly only once....
you may love odas but not as much as u love dat one. ofcz u must ve heard something lyk" he is/was my one true love, i ve tried but cant love anyoda lyk i love(d) him" etc

oh yea i ve experienced true love...... i think smiley
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by sleekymag(m): 12:33pm On Jan 23, 2013
gree-die:

you may love odas but not as much as u love dat one. ofcz u must ve heard something lyk" he is/was my one true love, i ve tried but cant love anyoda lyk i love(d) him" etc

You think? So you're not sure? And what happened to him? Still together?
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by sleekymag(m): 12:38pm On Jan 23, 2013
gree-die:

I think what we call true love may not be true love as such. Its just an emotional state where you feel that one person means the whole world to you and nothing else matters as long as you're together. I think true love with only one person may just be a myth. You can find true love as many times as you choose to feel in love. Its just a mental conditioning.

4 Likes

Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jan 23, 2013
gree-die:
you live once,you die once,you love only when there is something to be loved...hence,u can love as many times as you open your heart to what makes u fall in love.

3 Likes

Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 23, 2013
sleekymag:
I think true love with only one person may just be a myth. You can find true love as many times as you choose to feel in love. Its just a mental conditioning.
Hoo haa!
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by sleekymag(m): 12:43pm On Jan 23, 2013
binger: Hoo haa!
binger: you live once,you die once,you love only when there is something to be loved...hence,u can love as many times as you open your heart to what makes u fall in love.

I think i agree with you bro!
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by Alert(f): 12:47pm On Jan 23, 2013
True love is just a fairy tale cos i have been in love and out severally.

1 Like

Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by IZUKWU(m): 12:56pm On Jan 23, 2013
gree-die:

so any other person falling in love with you will only play second fiddle to your one true love.

1 Like

Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by IZUKWU(m): 12:57pm On Jan 23, 2013
Alert: True love is just a fairy tale cos i have been in love and out severally.
cry
Alert: True love is just a fairy tale cos i have been in love and out severally.
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by greedie1(f): 1:04pm On Jan 23, 2013
IZUKWU: so any other person falling in love with you will only play second fiddle to your one true love.
its left to be seen...
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by greedie1(f): 1:05pm On Jan 23, 2013
binger: you live once,you die once,you love only when there is something to be loved...hence,u can love as many times as you open your heart to what makes u fall in love.
ok
sleekymag:

I think what we call true love may not be true love as such. Its just an emotional state where you feel that one person means the whole world to you and nothing else matters
as long as you're together. I think true love with only one person may just be a myth. You can find true love as many times as you choose to feel in love. Its just a mental conditioning.

ok too
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by greedie1(f): 1:06pm On Jan 23, 2013
sleekymag:

You think? So you're not sure? And what happened to him? Still together?

yes, still.
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by rali123(f): 2:56pm On Jan 23, 2013
No1 can truly love twice, it happens just once in a life time...

1 Like

Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by greedie1(f): 3:05pm On Jan 23, 2013
rali123: No1 can truly love twice, it happens just once in a life time...
thank you.

1 Like

Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by sleekymag(m): 3:12pm On Jan 23, 2013
gree-die:

yes, still.

Wow, then am happy for you, and hope it lasts forever.
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by greedie1(f): 3:19pm On Jan 23, 2013
sleekymag:

Wow, then am happy for you, and hope it lasts forever.
tnx.. it will

1 Like

Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by sleekymag(m): 3:21pm On Jan 23, 2013

Really? Then how would you describe my own experience previously highlighted? Could it be i still haven't fallen in true love yet?

Remember when in love you think that's d all in all. I remember my ex sending me a card every birthday with promises of love till the end. In one, she said, when am old and with a third leg (walking stick), she would still be at my side loving me all the way. In one special annual program we were to attend, she was going to miss it and told me we still have over 60 more of such programmes to attend together, so i shouldn't feel too bad. But today, she's an ex. Of course we both would love to have another shot at true love, with our respective future partners.

2 Likes

Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by rali123(f): 3:34pm On Jan 23, 2013
@sleekymag, u cldn't av loved the two of them the same way, u MUST av felt something diff for each of them which you have to define yourself, one could 'probably' be love then the other (please find another suitable word for it)...
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by WackyJ1(m): 3:59pm On Jan 23, 2013
I recently developed a theory about this sort of thing and it's what i've noticed about ladies HERE IT GOES :
A girl can always fall in love again even after a previous level of love with an ex. This new love can even match or be greater than the previous level of love.

This is why you here girls say things like " I never thought i could love anyone more than i loved my ex" or " i never really loved my ex, with you i now see what true love is".
Just check out the latest episode of vampire diaries and hear what Elena told Damon towards the end..
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jan 23, 2013
Convince me dear,what is the guarantee for that? The reason,the 'why',the hypothesis that posits that one can truly love just once in a lifetime?? *waiting* smiley
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by sleekymag(m): 4:45pm On Jan 23, 2013
rali123: @sleekymag, u cldn't av loved the two of them the same way, u MUST av felt something diff for each of them which you have to define yourself, one could 'probably' be love then the other (please find another suitable word for it)...

Well, at the time with my first, it was like, yea, this is it! I definitely was in love (or chose to mentally be in love, whatever that is). My second spell with her only proved that love had vanished after her earlier betrayal.

With my second, i felt yea, this must be the God-ordained love i was looking for. We were together for like 5 yrs or a bit more. And she reciprocated my love until the final year (people change too).

However, i recall the second wasn't love at first sight or first date, but more like friendship that grew into love. The first (i think) was more of my attraction to her physical beauty, but the second was more than just physical. However, both share the same birthday.

With hindsight, i feel the first was probably not real love, but so many people are in this type of 'love state' today, that they think its love instead of 'infatuation'.

1 Like

Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by WackyJ1(m): 5:03pm On Jan 23, 2013
sleekymag:

Well, at the time with my first, it was like, yea, this is it! I definitely was in love (or chose to mentally be in love, whatever that is). My second spell with her only proved that love had vanished after her earlier betrayal.

With my second, i felt yea, this must be the God-ordained love i was looking for. We were together for like 5 yrs or a bit more. And she reciprocated my love until the final year (people change too).

However, i recall the second wasn't love at first sight or first date, but more like friendship that grew into love. The first (i think) was more of my attraction to her physical beauty, but the second was more than just physical. However, both share the same birthday.

With hindsight, i feel the first was probably not real love, but so many people are in this type of 'love state' today, that they think its love instead of 'infatuation'.
After 5 years!! What changed in the girl?
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 23, 2013
sleekymag: I am curious to know if true love can be found as many times as possible in someone's life. Is there a limit to the number of times one can fall in love or is TRUE LOVE really a one-time event? I am not talking about deep crushes you've had at various point in time, neither am i talking about you loving someone and the love was never returned. Am talking about reciprocal love to the point that you both feel you'd rather spend the rest of your lives together, until something happens and you unfortunately find yourselves out of love again. Is true love real, or is it a myth that's over-hyped? Your opinions are welcome.
I don't believe in it. Love is love as love. Nothing more or nothing less. I believe we can love deeply and successfully, but although it may be a "once-in-THIS-lifetime" experience, it could be just as strong with a different partner "out there" (obviously with differences. Just my opinion smiley

1 Like

Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by sleekymag(m): 5:12pm On Jan 23, 2013
WackyJ1:
After 5 years!! What changed in the girl?

It's a long story bro. There had been imminent cracks along the way, but all changed when she was finally out of NYSC and got a job. She wanted to be free, and to test the waters, since we were together throughout her university days; besides she was a very smart girl who made a 1st class. But i guess it was cos, she started making new friends and forming new habits and i was like curtailing her.
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by sleekymag(m): 5:17pm On Jan 23, 2013
Flytefalls:
I don't believe in it. Love is love as love. Nothing more or nothing less. I believe we can love deeply and successfully, but although it may be a "once-in-THIS-lifetime" experience, it could be just as strong with a different partner "out there" (obviously with differences. Just my opinion smiley

So in other words, you are saying there's no limit to the number of times one can find love (or true love, in my words) in a lifetime.
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by WackyJ1(m): 5:19pm On Jan 23, 2013
sleekymag:

It's a long story bro. There had been imminent cracks along the way, but all changed when she was finally out of NYSC and got a job. She wanted to be free, and to test the waters, since we were together throughout her university days; besides she was a very smart girl who made a 1st class. But i guess it was cos, she started making new friends and forming new habits and i was like curtailing her.
Hmmm too bad. 5 years just went like that. There is really no guarantee for things like this

1 Like

Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 23, 2013
sleekymag:

So in other words, you are saying there's no limit to the number of times one can find love (or true love, in my words) in a lifetime.
Yes... Although your words are more user-friendly lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Heartless Girl / Who are Those Romancelanders You Love Reading their Posts / Why Would A Woman Leave Her House And Not Wear Pant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.