Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,657 members, 7,958,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:41 AM

Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? (11067 Views)

Finding True Love / The Pain Of Finding True Love. / Finding True Love Is An Art-not Trial And Error (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by rali123(f): 5:31pm On Jan 23, 2013
@Binger, der re things u can't just explain no matter how much u try nd I guess dis is 1. Why do you think people compare there present gf to an ex they once loved, it not because she's perfect, it just the feeling. Wat u tink?

@Sleekymag, I could be wrong though, I think true love should not be about physical attraction or even any reason whatsoever, as time goes on, you might find things you love about him/her but when you love 'something' about someone and such disappear, then you stop loving the person, U never love person for who they are just what you'v seen in them...
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by sleekymag(m): 5:39pm On Jan 23, 2013
WackyJ1:
Hmmm too bad. 5 years just went like that. There is really no guarantee for things like this

Na so we see am o!
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by sleekymag(m): 5:40pm On Jan 23, 2013
Flytefalls:
Yes... Although your words are more user-friendly lol

Now that's clearer. wink
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by sleekymag(m): 5:46pm On Jan 23, 2013
@rali123,

I'm not saying true love should be about physical attraction. I only mentioned what got me closer to my first in the first instance was more of her physical beauty than what attracted me to my second. At least you need to like something about someone before getting closer to them and then developing further affection. It's when you get closer that you begin to like other things about them too.
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 23, 2013
rali123: @Binger, der re things u can't just explain no matter how much u try nd I guess dis is 1.

Well dear,i believe anything that defies any logical explanation is not worth considering. smileySo,there is no guarantee that a person can love truly, only once in a lifetime.

Why do you think people compare there present gf to an ex they once loved, it not because she's perfect, it just the feeling. Wat u tink?
Actually,i agree with you on this cos it is human to make comparisons.It's just like when you buy a car.After some years,you sell it off and buy a newer model.You'll be much pleased with that new model than what you had in the past...and the same applies when you buy another and so on. smiley
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jan 23, 2013
sleekymag: Ok let me start with my own experience. I can say i have been in true love twice already, and i'm still single today, hoping a third true love would come my way. I fell in love as a teenager just entering the university, and the relationship lasted two years, then she left. After two years or so, she came back, but then, the pure love i had for her had disappeared. i managed the relationship for six months till i decided to walk out.

I didn't find true love again for another three years. And when i did, it lasted a whooping five years, and then it fell like a pack of cards (though not my making).

Two years on, and am still looking for that lady who can be my true love, particularly when am thinking of settling down. And the issue is, am the very selective type. One would wonder if i was ever truly in love those times, or if love in itself is just a figment of the imagination (you choosing to feel the way you feel).

Do you believe in that saying, "if you love someone or something, let it go; if it comes back it's yours and it's meant to be, if it doesn't it never was to begin with?" Something like that, you get my point, lol. You say you have been in true love twice already. The first left after two years, came back but the love you had had disappeared, etc. Would you call that true love then? You didn't state why she left, but she came back after two years. Why did the love you had for her disappear if it was true love to begin with? I assume she came back because she still loved you, yea?. But your feelings had changed ( you said the "pure love you had for her had disappeared" )? Just trying to understand.

This topic brings other questions to mind.

Interesting responses.

2 Likes

Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by DigitalSignal(m): 9:01pm On Jan 23, 2013
sleekymag: I am curious to know if true love can be found as many times as possible in someone's life. Is there a limit to the number of times one can fall in love or is TRUE LOVE really a one-time event? I am not talking about deep crushes you've had at various point in time, neither am i talking about you loving someone and the love was never returned. Am talking about reciprocal love to the point that you both feel you'd rather spend the rest of your lives together, until something happens and you unfortunately find yourselves out of love again. Is true love real, or is it a myth that's over-hyped? Your opinions are welcome.
You can love as many times as possible during the course of your life's journey! Love is abstract. It's not something you possess physically that when lost can't be found!

1 Like

Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by totalbaby(f): 10:42pm On Jan 23, 2013
agreed
Flytefalls:
I don't believe in it. Love is love as love. Nothing more or nothing less. I believe we can love deeply and successfully, but although it may be a "once-in-THIS-lifetime" experience, it could be just as strong with a different partner "out there" (obviously with differences. Just my opinion smiley
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by totalbaby(f): 10:49pm On Jan 23, 2013
I believe that one can fall inlove more than once and perhaps in next relationship you can luv the person more but at the end of the day, in order to make a relationship last forever needs more than the "true love" feeling because you will not always feel that way and that's why so many ppl leave and say "they have fallen out of love".

1 Like

Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by Nobody: 3:55am On Jan 24, 2013
Na only dat gal wey say love na fairytale b a realist.am sure if Claremont were here he would also concur! NNa only lust wey full every where,notin like true love. Even d whites who started it are confused,they divorce at least ten times thru out their lifetime n claim each time dat it is love. God never said so in the bible,so abeg na only God n ur family fit lov u truly,even some family sef fit kill u!! undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by sleekymag(m): 10:43am On Jan 24, 2013
[quote author=Yield][/quote]

Do you believe in that saying, "if you love someone or something, let it go; if it comes back it's yours and it's meant to be, if it doesn't it never was to begin with?" Something like that, you get my point, lol.

Yea i believe in that saying.

You say you have been in true love twice already. The first left after two years, came back but the love you had had disappeared, etc. Would you call that true love then? You didn't state why she left, but she came back after two years. Why did the love you had for her disappear if it was true love to begin with? I assume she came back because she still loved you, yea?. But your feelings had changed ( you said the "pure love you had for her had disappeared" )? Just trying to understand.This topic brings other questions to mind. Interesting responses.

Well, that's why i'm throwing the question to the house, if there's something such as true love, or if its just mental conditioning, like i felt with her during the first spell. As regarding why she left in the first instance, i wouldn't know. Just that at that time, i was schooling away from Lagos, and only saw each other when we were on break (plus we did many other things 2gether but no sex, u know). I guess she probably was seeing someone else in my absence, at that time. However, i'm the type that's quite vengeful (not a good trait i know), and i don't forget when wronged easily. So when she came back after two years, even though i was curious 2 see the once upon a time love of my life, i was not too eager about her. We started dating, and this time around we went all the way (if u know what i mean, love-making things). But i discovered there was nothing special about her anymore. This time around, she would never get angry at anything i did, and it was so obvious she wanted to cling to me for life. But i was no longer impressed with her, and at some point i just had to back out. So, in a nutshell, i think true love can be turned to hatred once its betrayed.
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by sleekymag(m): 10:52am On Jan 24, 2013
DigitalSignal:
You can love as many times as possible during the course of your life's journey! Love is abstract. It's not something you possess physically that when lost can't be found!

Even though i think this should be the case, i still believe you can't just truly love too many people over the course of a lifetime, else that would no longer be called love. However, could there be a figure to the maximum number of true love one can experience? Probably, like someone said an empirical study could be carried out.
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 24, 2013
sleekymag:

Even though i think this should be the case, i still believe you can't just truly love too many people over the course of a lifetime, else that would no longer be called love.
You mean you can not call it love wink

2 Likes

Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by googles: 12:03pm On Jan 24, 2013
You can love as many times as possible I have come to learn. No such thing as "one true love"
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by sleekymag(m): 12:08pm On Jan 24, 2013
Flytefalls:
You mean you can not call it love wink

Well, maybe for want of a proper definition, i won't call that 'true love'. What i mean is when you get to love too many people over the course of a lifetime... then the mystery of it being special, unique and reserved for that one person is lost, as the person can be replaced anytime and whenever, depending on what circumstances.
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by sleekymag(m): 12:15pm On Jan 24, 2013
googles: You can love as many times as possible I have come to learn. No such thing as "one true love"

Hmm, maybe in truth, there's no such thing as one true love. But i think love is a decision you make and decide to stick to, come what may.
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by DigitalSignal(m): 12:26pm On Jan 24, 2013
sleekymag:

Even though i think this should be the case, i still believe you can't just truly love too many people over the course of a lifetime, else that would no longer be called love. However, could there be a figure to the maximum number of true love one can experience? Probably, like someone said an empirical study could be carried out.
Like I said before, love is abstract! It's a state of mind that you attain over a period of time and as long as you've not shut the door for love, which may not even be possible, you can love as many times as possible! Two love experiences may not exactly be the same but they're all unique in different ways! The fact that we have the most beautiful girl in nigeria or wherever does not negate the existence of other beautiful ladies! My point is that you can love in one relationship and love differently in another! We have often times in relationships assumed feelings we do not have just to get what we want from the other party; that's the reason the word 'love' doesn't seem to have meaning anymore to some people! So if you open your mind, love can come in at any time during your life time!

1 Like

Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by sleekymag(m): 1:04pm On Jan 24, 2013
DigitalSignal:
Like I said before, love is abstract! It's a state of mind that you attain over a period of time and as long as you've not shut the door for love, which may not even be possible, you can love as many times as possible! Two love experiences may not exactly be the same but they're all unique in different ways! The fact that we have the most beautiful girl in nigeria or wherever does not negate the existence of other beautiful ladies! My point is that you can love in one relationship and love differently in another! We have often times in relationships assumed feelings we do not have just to get what we want from the other party; that's the reason the word 'love' doesn't seem to have meaning anymore to some people! So if you open your mind, love can come in at any time during your life time!

True talk...i agree!
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by sunnyt1(m): 3:03pm On Jan 24, 2013
gree-die:
you live once, you die once, you LOVE only ONCE

Thats from kuch kuch hota hai

Why do you think what a human like you said abt a life issue like love is true for everybody?

Why wud u allow wat you saw in a movie rule your life?

Its wrong to be ruled by the media.

1 Like

Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by phaya(f): 3:07pm On Jan 24, 2013
When you give your life to JESUS then u have met your TRUE LOVE! smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by flow1759: 3:08pm On Jan 24, 2013
Until i experience it, true love is just "super story". Naija babes only hears and understand money.
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 24, 2013
I think you can fall in love many times because your definition of love changes over time. In that sense, love is relatively easy to find, especially if you are guided by your emotions more than your head

1 Like

Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by musa400: 3:25pm On Jan 24, 2013
no true love
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 24, 2013
sleekymag:

Well, maybe for want of a proper definition, i won't call that 'true love'. What i mean is when you get to love too many people over the course of a lifetime... then the mystery of it being special, unique and reserved for that one person is lost, as the person can be replaced anytime and whenever, depending on what circumstances.
Then we must take care to fall in love with the "right" kind of person, and know that "true love" is whatever you feel it to be along the journey smiley. Nobody can tell me I haven't experienced "true love" because the feeling is my own.
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by ichommy(m): 3:39pm On Jan 24, 2013
gree-die:
you live once, you die once, you LOVE only ONCE
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by Dygeasy(m): 3:45pm On Jan 24, 2013
Interesting thread... Smart Peeps!

But...

I have a question...

Did Adam and Eve know all these??

I hail all of you o.

IMHO I think love is overrated. Few relationships have the basic things required to be called true love. Even amongst people who commented above me. Nth to make much fuss about.
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by Pejapaul: 3:57pm On Jan 24, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]Only once,all the rest are 2nd class love
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 24, 2013
What most of us call love is of two types:

1.) A cocktail of chemicals playing piano in your head tongue. Can happen plenty plenty times.

2.) Your damaged ego seeking the completion of it's neediness in another person.

Real love has no opposite. It doesn't turn to hate or resentment when the other person leaves you...or does what you do not like.

I think we use the word love too loosely fellas.

3 Likes

Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by Onlinebiz2012: 4:05pm On Jan 24, 2013
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by Multcolor: 4:08pm On Jan 24, 2013
sleekymag: Ok let me start with my own experience. I can say i have been in true love twice already, and i'm still single today, hoping a third true love would come my way. I fell in love as a teenager just entering the university, and the relationship lasted two years, then she left. After two years or so, she came back, but then, the pure love i had for her had disappeared. i managed the relationship for six months till i decided to walk out.
It is possible to love as many times as you can but none can be like your first love
I didn't find true love again for another three years. And when i did, it lasted a whooping five years, and then it fell like a pack of cards (though not my making).

Two years on, and am still looking for that lady who can be my true love, particularly when am thinking of settling down. And the issue is, am the very selective type. One would wonder if i was ever truly in love those times, or if love in itself is just a figment of the imagination (you choosing to feel the way you feel).
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by AdeniyiA(m): 4:20pm On Jan 24, 2013
the problem with many people is knowing what true love is, what it entails and differentiating it from other love look-alikes.
i believe you can truly love many people at a given period of time but when it comes to picking one as your partner,they've got to be put on a preference scale of desired qualities
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by Clemzy16(m): 4:24pm On Jan 24, 2013
You can always find true love as long as you keep searching.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Men Gang Rape A Lady - New Report (Pics) / Sexy Bride Curvy Bum Goes Viral On Social Media / Trick How To Make A Lady Beg You For Sex[simple Steps]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.