Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? (18329 Views)

How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? / How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? / How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by Sicozone(m): 7:38pm On Jan 26, 2013
Aggrippa: When you look at each other for the first time, both of you smile, feeling mutually attracted and you notice the vital signs (erection of nipples/breast, joystick) , you are good to go, hurry now do not delay!
Ogbeni!!!....Pastor say dat one na LUST oooo

1 Like

Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 26, 2013
Sicozone:
Ogbeni!!!....Pastor say dat one na LUST oooo
i bet you, trust me if you commit yourselves, and proceed beyond this stage, this union is going to be an everlasting one filled with abundant love, passion, fire and the other packages.
Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 26, 2013
Different strokes for different situation.Holding long and behaving like a virgin doesn't mean you can easily get a guy to fall in love with you.Am a girl and I have actually slept with someone I was attracted to the very day he came closer to me.Nae even rape am sef....with those albs....can't just let him walk our of my hostel room like that!Few weeks later,I couldn't even think properly because I begin to nderstand that my feelings for him was going beyond the Bleep fling.After 2months of secret xxxing,He had to tell his ex about us,and then cane the break up.
Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 26, 2013
If both parties like each other, then they should take a chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNcgwuZZsTc
Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by RuthIsaac(f): 8:59pm On Jan 26, 2013
As long as you both have the true love feeling, for each other not even like alone. You both wont know when u wil start dating. And your Topic on NL would have been Love @ first sight already, so let the luv flow gal

2 Likes

Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by econome(m): 9:22pm On Jan 26, 2013
Becareful human being can pretend for many years

1 Like

Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by fubbyy(m): 10:07pm On Jan 26, 2013
Smartie gurl: Sagamite, hello!! Don't you think you ought to love someone before dating the being?
Lol.. Loving som1 b4 dating or dating som1 b4 loving? I taught u should know som1 1st, go into a relationship b4 falling in love, how can you love som1 you just see? Or are you mistaken attraction for love?

Am just asking o, you people that believe in love. Cause as 4 me all I know is fuckkkkk
Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by drvirus1(m): 10:21pm On Jan 26, 2013
wat should be the 1st thing you tell a girl you love?
Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by DahBrain(f): 11:27pm On Jan 26, 2013
@ Yomieluv
what if this chemistry is triggered by what the eyes had seen. Let me say, that first attraction. Is it ok to just jump in.......?
Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by DahBrain(f): 11:31pm On Jan 26, 2013
Be careful human beings can pretend for many years?

that's scary...
Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by bealuv(f): 12:03am On Jan 27, 2013
[quote author=Dah-Brain][/quote]
scary but so true
Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by Nobody: 3:07am On Jan 27, 2013
Smartie gurl: Sagamite, hello!! Don't you think you ought to love someone before dating the being?

Not necessarily. You start dating someone most times before the love thingy comes. And that is why sometimes after you have begun dating someone, you can just opt out in a few days/weeks cos you just aint feeling it anymore. A lot of times, we conjure all sorts of fantasies about someone we'd love to date but when the actual dating commences, we start seeing details that were overlooked.
Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by smartg(m): 7:17am On Jan 27, 2013
Too much of everything is bad, waiting for so long can lead to losses, and rushing to date him/her immediately can lead to distrust and hatred. So take you time, cool down for the one you love, don't rush and don't dull yourself.
Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by Lillyeean(f): 9:38am On Jan 27, 2013
mudistr: @op, it all depends
if you've known him for a long time, and he only just asked you out, you can start dating (including sex) him immediatiely
if you just met him, and you like him (you can start simple kisses the first week, and heavy smooching at the end of the month). by the end of 1.5 months, you can commense sex)
If you follow this patter, he won't consider u cheap

as long as u sleep with him oitside marriage... You are still cheap IMO
Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by Bastituta(m): 9:43am On Jan 27, 2013
sexkillz: Too much of everything is not ideal. Strike when the iron is hot!
dts just it,u can always convert wat u dislike to wat u like,ask me ao?
Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by mudistr(m): 12:58pm On Jan 27, 2013
Lillyeean:

as long as u sleep with him oitside marriage... You are still cheap IMO

Well, if you can call all the hollywood actresses and stars like Beyonce etc cheap for sleeping outside wedlock, then you are correct
Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by TRUESAINT1(m): 3:17pm On Jan 27, 2013
Nivstalin: As long as you can bear undecided
What are you waiting for? What exactly are you looking for by waiting?

Dah-Brain:
Be careful human beings can pretend for many years?

that's scary...
That might be true, but what do you think marriage is? Even though you find the perfect Cinderalla to get married to, you really can not tell the future. The one constant thing is change. People change. But this should not be something you should be scared about. You are to go into that marriage with faith and the knowledge that when challenges come up in the future, you would handle it. After all, it's for better or worst, you might as well go in with a winning mentality.

Ruth Isaac: As long as you both have the true love feeling, for each other not even like alone. You both wont know when u wil start dating. And your Topic on NL would have been Love @ first sight already, so let the luv flow gal
I agree with you totally Ruth. He that finds a wife, finds a good thing. If you don't resolve that God's word is true and stick to the truth that your wife (no matter how difficult she might be) is a good thing. The only person that is required to change is you.
Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jan 27, 2013
Sagamite: As a guy, wait until she does something that indicates she thinks "you are the one".

NEVER chase a woman!

Remember, women normally do the selecting and they most times know your intentions, don't be a mugu falling for that "I did not know what he wanted/if he liked me" BS.

She knows, and she is making her decision after a series of testing she would put you through and considering the other options she has. Dont' fall for their stewpid "Oh, I am naive!". It is all a power game to them.

If she can't indicate directly or indirectly it is you she wants, then she does not like you like that! She would do it for another guy she likes in a heartbeat! So it is not worth the investment you would put in wooing her or being with her when you can hammer around.

I beg to disagree. Not every guy wants a relationship. Some just want to be friends. If as a lady you jump the gun and start having feelings when the guy has neither asked you out nor indicated interest then you are fooling yourself. A lady might have feelings but she might never show them until the gentleman does so as not to potray herself as being desperate.
Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by Sagamite(m): 5:59pm On Jan 27, 2013
poshdiva:

I beg to disagree. Not every guy wants a relationship. Some just want to be friends. If as a lady you jump the gun and start having feelings when the guy has neither asked you out nor indicated interest then you are fooling yourself. A lady might have feelings but she might never show them until the gentleman does so as not to potray herself as being desperate.

You women are professionals at stating interests without commiting yourself or taking on any risk. You are like Navy Seals-trained Marines in doing that.

Let the guy take all the risk "just-in-case", so I have nothing to lose when or if I want it to end.

I am sure professionals can lead a man to the river and drink without looking desperate.

What really holds you back is not risk of looking desperate, it is the pleasure of seeing men do everything while you sit looking pretty and feeling powerful.

I am Dr Saga, you can't fooool me. I have a PhD in Womantology.
Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by XxpumpkinxX(f): 6:13pm On Jan 27, 2013
WackyJ1:
It's not that kind of "friend" i'm talking about.. There are some guys that pass through the "friend phase" before they finally start dating the girl.
But for "FRIENDZONE" the girl likes you as a friend but for as little as 2 reasons she cannot date you, you might even be the MALE BESTIE. Ladies you know what i'm talking about
lol i sure do
Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by ezehokwudili(m): 6:46pm On Jan 27, 2013
I think one have to know girl very we;l before going into marriage. For some girl can tend to be good but when they come into house they tend to show their real behavior to you
Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by Luvdmx(m): 7:58pm On Jan 27, 2013
I have a friend and i like her a lot but it seen she does nt believe in love...
Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by GoodBoi1(m): 9:41pm On Jan 27, 2013
Cweetie: So NLs, should people who like each other front for many months or years before they decide to date.

In my opinion too much fronting can cost you some good love. What do you guys think? Any experiences?
yeah, possible. This happens when there is chemistry between the two of you but one person feels he/she is not ready to date even though the feelings are strong. Best way is to make your feelings known to him/her because you both know you like each other there will be nor bark or bite...
Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by Cweetie(f): 9:51pm On Jan 27, 2013
lynpetra: Different strokes for different situation.Holding long and behaving like a virgin doesn't mean you can easily get a guy to fall in love with you.Am a girl and I have actually slept with someone I was attracted to the very day he came closer to me.Nae even rape am sef....with those albs....can't just let him walk our of my hostel room like that!Few weeks later,I couldn't even think properly because I begin to nderstand that my feelings for him was going beyond the Bleep fling.After 2months of secret xxxing,He had to tell his ex about us,and then cane the break up.
Eeyah! Passionate something, dramatic end.
Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by Cweetie(f): 9:55pm On Jan 27, 2013
Sagamite:

You women are professionals at stating interests without commiting yourself or taking on any risk. You are like Navy Seals-trained Marines in doing that.

Let the guy take all the risk "just-in-case", so I have nothing to lose when or if I want it to end.

I am sure professionals can lead a man to the river and drink without looking desperate.

What really holds you back is not risk of looking desperate, it is the pleasure of seeing men do everything while you sit looking pretty and feeling powerful.

I am Dr Saga, you can't fooool me. I have a PhD in Womantology.
Dr Sagamite!
Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by kurga(m): 10:22pm On Jan 27, 2013
Julieccentric:
I would prefer the firendzone or brodazone cos u might end up hating one another when the going isn't good..
are you always this scared?
Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by WackyJ1(m): 11:11pm On Jan 27, 2013
Ladies never really do the asking out. So for the ladies the question really is "How long should you wait before saying YES"

1 Like

Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jan 27, 2013
until im certain that i want to be in a relationship with the person
Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by sanatogen: 12:00am On Jan 28, 2013
Find opportunities to bump into these people and chat then it might seem natural to simply go to lunch / break time coffee and it may naturally (and quickly) build up into a date.

Best done relatively quickly before you end up being put into the "Friend" category, after which it's almost impossible to get out of. Show interest quickly, but in a subtle, fun way.

This might sound bad, but having multiple people that you are interested in eases the tension, so it's not all or nothing if you decide the ask someone on a date. If they say no, move on and quickly.........
Re: Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? by lasrondo: 8:07am On Jan 28, 2013
It depends on what you mean by dating.If it means sleeping with the person, i would say wait long enough to fully know his aims and objectives.If it means starting a good friendship which could lead into a better friendship, i would say 60 seconds.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Some Guys Lie Just To Impress A Girl?! / The Most Hated Guy On Nairaland Aquires A Car For 2.3mill (picture Added) / Penile Length (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.