Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Fashola Is Fatigued Of Ideas – Lagos PDP - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Is Fatigued Of Ideas – Lagos PDP (8101 Views)

Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate / From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. / Fashola Is Truly Mediocre. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Is Fatigued Of Ideas – Lagos PDP by JackDaniels1: 12:06am On Jan 24, 2013
An average lagosian should no now that there is a disconnect in Alausa.Even a dump should know that.The Governor did not manage it well.I expected ever loquacious Layi Mohammed 2 av said something.Its a show of shame in Alausa.
Re: Fashola Is Fatigued Of Ideas – Lagos PDP by Nobody: 12:09am On Jan 24, 2013
Leave Fashola to concentrate on his duty!
Re: Fashola Is Fatigued Of Ideas – Lagos PDP by Rastamann: 12:25am On Jan 24, 2013
Is PDP obviously not fatigued of ideas to further govern Nigeria?
Re: Fashola Is Fatigued Of Ideas – Lagos PDP by bashydemy(m): 3:22am On Jan 24, 2013
This PDP are a joke i swear, what have they archive so far?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Is Fatigued Of Ideas – Lagos PDP by gfunkera(m): 3:31am On Jan 24, 2013
PDP just wants dis lagos by force sha ! I am not an ACN fan per se, but fashola is trying is best, if the PDP which is d ruling party wants lagos, I feel what they need to do is showing d people that they mean well my embarking on clear and definite projects which will be glaring for d people to see so they can have a change of heart, and vote for their party. I don't think they can ever get lagos by just bad mouthing ACN cos d people will be so hard to convince besides d states they have been winning since the days of Obj, how has d citizens of those states lives changed for the better. PDP is not getting lagos for a long time unless ACN bleeps up big time, don't forget that lagos is d goose that lays d golden egg for ACN and they will do whatever to keep d state.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Is Fatigued Of Ideas – Lagos PDP by EkoIle1: 3:53am On Jan 24, 2013
Lagos denies gagging Fashola’s aides

Posted By On January 23, 2013 @ 10:00 pm In Metro,News | 1 Comment

Nigeria’s Lagos State Government on Wednesday insisted it has not gagged public officials from speaking to the press but has only put in place a structured channel of information flow that will ensure that only adequate and credible information is disseminated.

The State Government’s position was amplified by the State Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr. Lateef Ibirogba during a Press Conference he addressed at the Conference Room of the Ministry at the Alausa Secretariat alongside the Special Advisers on Information and Strategy, Mr. Lateef Raji and Special Adviser on Media, Mr. Hakeem Bello.

Speaking against the background of a circular issued to the effect that all public officials must obtain the concurrence of the Ministry of Information and Strategy before issuing press releases or granting interviews, Mr. Ibirogba clarified that the state government has not stopped the members of the State Executive Council or senior government functionaries from speaking to the press.

He cited the example of the media briefing on the breakdown of the year 2013 budget on Tuesday by the Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget, Mr. Ben Akabueze, saying if the intention was to gag public officials from speaking with the press, Mr. Akabueze would not have been able to address the press.
[b]
He explained that those making issues out of the move are only twisting the facts, stressing that in terms of schedule of responsibilities, the Ministry of Information and Strategy is the Ministry specifically saddled with the task of disseminating information on behalf of the government.

He added that in line with the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act (FOI) the arrangement put in place will ensure that the people have access to only factual and credible information.

Mr. Ibirogba added that for whatever information anyone sought about the activities of the State Government, such a person could contact the Ministry of Information and Strategy, which can then direct him or her on the right sources of such information if it could not be provided directly.

The Commissioner said Lagos has always been at the forefront of open and transparent governance aided by regular dissemination of information to the public adding that it never believed in hoarding information.

He contended that the present administration in Lagos has nothing to hide, and this explains why it is the only government within the federation that comes before its people every 100 days to render an account of stewardship.

He added that the Fashola administration is also the only administration that publishes contact details of all government officials both political and public servants as well as security and emergency agencies whilst it also gives regular updates about performances of the various Ministries, Departments and Agencies on publicized websites.

He informed that the state also holds regular stakeholders Town Hall Meetings on security, transportation, taxation and health among other things with a view to making the government more interactive with the people.[/b]

The Information Commissioner also stated that the State Governor regularly established direct contact with the populace by leading members of his Cabinet round project sites and to meet with the host Communities of such projects with a view to obtaining from the people a first-hand assessment of how funds appropriated is being spent and its impact on the citizenry.

He commended members of the media for their cooperation with the State Government in terms of giving positive projections to the activities of the State, saying members of the Information management team cannot claim to have solely accounted for the success of the administration in terms of information dissemination.
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/01/23/lagos-denies-gagging-fasholas-aides/print/

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Is Fatigued Of Ideas – Lagos PDP by DickTator1: 4:03am On Jan 24, 2013
If this was GEJ, the madmen of nl the clowns the orishirishi woulda descended on the thread. Shine your eyes people, Fash the gash is way more brutal politically than his boyfriend Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Is Fatigued Of Ideas – Lagos PDP by petrov10: 5:43am On Jan 24, 2013
I.Joan:

Oh boy u are the learner o!....
A person convicted of a crime and sent to jail is an ex-convict.
Abi Nelson Mandela na ex-convict?
ok let me tell u....he is
Re: Fashola Is Fatigued Of Ideas – Lagos PDP by petrov10: 5:47am On Jan 24, 2013
horlatunde: it is you I must ask if u re a learner? Are u saying all prisoners are Ex- Convicts? Please tell us?
they were convicted werent they ?...is there a term u'll prefare 2 use ?
Re: Fashola Is Fatigued Of Ideas – Lagos PDP by romanlaw(m): 6:39am On Jan 24, 2013
Not disappointed again. Eko Ile dominates all Fashola, Tifnubu and ACN posts with insults. But when it boils down to intelletual discussions she diasppears into thin air. FAshola's sencond tenure is a complete waste, all road projects are abandoned while they steal mone to sponsor ACN 's elections.
Re: Fashola Is Fatigued Of Ideas – Lagos PDP by blackbeau1(f): 9:40am On Jan 24, 2013
I reserve my comment
Re: Fashola Is Fatigued Of Ideas – Lagos PDP by Boyoorisha: 9:54am On Jan 24, 2013
Fashola has worked hard to improve IGR in Lagos State with good ideas, and now PDP are plotting to come and reap where they did not sow. If we have people with good ideas like Fashola at the realm of affairs at the Federal level, Nigeria would have been better for it! SMH for Poverty Development Party
Re: Fashola Is Fatigued Of Ideas – Lagos PDP by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 24, 2013
From BEAF to MR GLOBE. Guy,you have failed woefully. Why not go to Aso rock and give your brother some ideas on how to run the nation. Many of you are hypocrates and ingrates. You leave your home states flooding to lagos to enjoy good life but instead of commending an achieving and action leader,you want to drag him down to where your clueless brother is. Your bigotary,hatred,selfishness,corrupt nature and blindness have dampened your clear sence of judgement. Instead of critisizing your states who waste the huge money realized being oil producing states and educate the clueless one how to tackle boko haram,deal with corruption,provide good roads,build capital projects and provide jobs for graduates,you defend a failed government cos he's your brother. Jonathan and other state govenors under pdp should take a cue from fashola for 2015 and prosterity sake. EKO O NI BAJE O
Re: Fashola Is Fatigued Of Ideas – Lagos PDP by winnigimage: 12:41pm On Jan 24, 2013
It is so easy to stand from a distance and be a judge of other men, but of a truth when U step into their shoes U will discover the pain some how. To be honest,fashola is TRYING and DOING his best.I still regard him to be among the few hard working governor....but if doubt that, then contest for the sit of ALAUSA GOVERNMENT HOUSE grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Is Fatigued Of Ideas – Lagos PDP by Hardfact: 3:23pm On Jan 24, 2013
take dat: If this directive had emanated from the Presidency, you @Eko Ile would have read meanings to it. Its good to call a spade a spade and not a farming tool! I am an ardent supporter of Fashola, but this directive calls for suspicion!
Spot on! Rather unbiased opinion, sort that can take us to greater heights. Quite unlike those of your oponent whose sole business on NL and mindset is to keep singing Fash's praises, never see or say anything wrong with the govt, and attack those who do. Always known power corrupts, why we need checks and balances, oppositions and critics.
Re: Fashola Is Fatigued Of Ideas – Lagos PDP by Hardfact: 4:34pm On Jan 24, 2013
take dat: I support every call for openness in Government, We need no secrecy but full disclosure of government dealings. Fashola with all the goodwill that surrounds him should remember that we are in a democracy!
Re: Fashola Is Fatigued Of Ideas – Lagos PDP by EkoIle1: 4:38pm On Jan 24, 2013
^^^^^^^ Why this issue dey make your blood boil like tolotolo inside soup?

shey you don ask for information and den deny you?

You go die o.... lmao
Re: Fashola Is Fatigued Of Ideas – Lagos PDP by NOLONGTIN1(m): 5:01pm On Jan 24, 2013
Funny! This man sounds like an illetrate to me. So because fashola banned his people from talking to the media automatically means he has something to hide? Obj, abacha, IBB didn't do that doed that mean they had nothing to hide?
If fashola has something to hide, his people can talk from now till tomorrow, u wouldn't know (I don't think they are dumb or stupid).
Concerning Fashola running out of ideas, I guess PDP is drowning with ideas!
As someone born and brought-up in Lagos, I say Fashola is the best thing that has happened to Lagos
Re: Fashola Is Fatigued Of Ideas – Lagos PDP by NOLONGTIN1(m): 5:04pm On Jan 24, 2013
maryjames9: From BEAF to MR GLOBE. Guy,you have failed woefully. Why not go to Aso rock and give your brother some ideas on how to run the nation. Many of you are hypocrates and ingrates. You leave your home states flooding to lagos to enjoy good life but instead of commending an achieving and action leader,you want to drag him down to where your clueless brother is. Your bigotary,hatred,selfishness,corrupt nature and blindness have dampened your clear sence of judgement. Instead of critisizing your states who waste the huge money realized being oil producing states and educate the clueless one how to tackle boko haram,deal with corruption,provide good roads,build capital projects and provide jobs for graduates,you defend a failed government cos he's your brother. Jonathan and other state govenors under pdp should take a cue from fashola for 2015 and prosterity sake. EKO O NI BAJE O

Be lyk say this 1 they form lagos boy/girl LWTMB. ...No go find your village
Re: Fashola Is Fatigued Of Ideas – Lagos PDP by obi2012: 6:24pm On Jan 24, 2013
I agree with you..

There is a due process when it comes to addressing the press, information should be passed through your boss and approval gotten before it goes to the press so as to prevent misinformation.... There might be other issues that they dont have access to information on and therefore cant authoritatively provide information.

A secretary or gateman at a company doesnt grant interviews concerning company affairs abi?

I cant believe PDP is saying someone has stuff to hide shocked

NO LONG TIN: Funny! This man sounds like an illetrate to me. So because fashola banned his people from talking to the media automatically means he has something to hide? Obj, abacha, IBB didn't do that doed that mean they had nothing to hide?
If fashola has something to hide, his people can talk from now till tomorrow, u wouldn't know (I don't think they are dumb or stupid).
Concerning Fashola running out of ideas, I guess PDP is drowning with ideas!
As someone born and brought-up in Lagos, I say Fashola is the best thing that has happened to Lagos
Re: Fashola Is Fatigued Of Ideas – Lagos PDP by spotx: 9:37pm On Jan 24, 2013
u never can judge the motive of that statemant is what matters.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

United Nations Is Supporting Biafra / Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari / Islam Approves Of The Libyan Slave Markets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.