Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,579 members, 7,955,136 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:46 PM

Kris Humphries Rejected $10M From Kim Kardashian To Settle Divorce - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kris Humphries Rejected $10M From Kim Kardashian To Settle Divorce (18894 Views)

Photos From Kim And Kanye West's Double Date With Beyonce And Jay Z / North West Steps Out All In Black For A 5 Star Spa Day Treatment From Kim Kardas / Breaking! Jayz And Beyonce Finally Cut-off From Kim And Kanye West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kris Humphries Rejected $10M From Kim Kardashian To Settle Divorce by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 26, 2013
FIRST HE IS NOT A STAR. HE'S A PROFFESSOINAL BALL PLAYER. HIS STATS ARE NOTHING 2 WRITE HOME ABOUT AND HE WAS ALMOST ON THE VERGE OF BEING WITHOUT A CONTRACT THIS SEASON.
SECOND I HEAR HE IS ARROGANT AS HELL SERVES HIM RIGHT ALL THE NEGATIVE PUBLICITY
THIRD HE DOESNT SOUND LIKE A SMART FELLOW WHAT NIGGA WOULD BUY A LovePeddler A $2M RING AND INSCRIBE PROVERBS 31:10-31

5 Likes

Re: Kris Humphries Rejected $10M From Kim Kardashian To Settle Divorce by freecocoa(f): 10:32am On Jan 26, 2013
fresh_dude: Bros ypou should above some arguments by now, people tend to see what they want to see.
Sharrap there.
Re: Kris Humphries Rejected $10M From Kim Kardashian To Settle Divorce by Exclibur(m): 10:36am On Jan 26, 2013
vivacious vivi: I honestly don't understand this their whole divorce matter. Kim has moved on, so wht is d ish? Next!

There are two ways to legally end a marriage - annulment and divorce. An annulment is a legal procedure which cancels a marriage between a man and a woman. Annulling a marriage is as though it is completely erased - legally, it declares that the marriage never technically existed and was never valid.

A divorce, or legal dissolution of a marriage, is the ending of a valid marriage between a man and a woman returning both parties to single status with the ability to remarry. While each individual state has its own laws regarding the grounds for an annulment or for a divorce, certain requirements apply nationwide.

An annulment case can be initiated by either the husband or the wife in the marriage. The party initiating the annulment must prove that he or she has the grounds to do so and if it can be proven, the marriage will be considered null and void by the court. The following is a list of common grounds for annulment and a short explanation of each point:

Bigamy - either party was already married to another person at the time of the marriage

Forced Consent - one of the spouses was forced or threatened into marriage and only entered into it under duress

Fraud - one of the spouses agreed to the marriage based on the lies or misrepresentation of the other

Marriage Prohibited By Law - marriage between parties that based on their familial relationship is considered incestuous

Mental Illness - either spouse was mentally ill or emotionally disturbed at the time of the marriage

Mental Incapacity - either spouse was under the influence of alcohol or drugs at the time of the marriage and was unable to make informed consent

Inability to Consummate Marriage - either spouse was physically incapable of having sexual relations or impotent during the marriage

Underage Marriage - either spouse was too young to enter into marriage without parental consent or court approval

Depending on your state of residence, a divorce can be much more complicated than an annulment. Like annulment cases, each state has its own set of laws regarding divorce. In most divorce cases, marital assets are divided and debts are settled. If the marriage has produced children, a divorce proceeding determines custody of the children, visitation rights and spousal and child support issues.

5 Likes

Re: Kris Humphries Rejected $10M From Kim Kardashian To Settle Divorce by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 26, 2013
He's a man. He doesn't need your money
Re: Kris Humphries Rejected $10M From Kim Kardashian To Settle Divorce by Nobody: 10:46am On Jan 26, 2013
Dats their own palava
Re: Kris Humphries Rejected $10M From Kim Kardashian To Settle Divorce by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 26, 2013
freecocoa: Sharrap there.
See what too much fufu aand ogbono has caused? Smdh. Wher are your manners missy?
Re: Kris Humphries Rejected $10M From Kim Kardashian To Settle Divorce by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 26, 2013
tunapawizzy:
hahahaha if dis is true OYINBO no get sense at all walahi....na me nack girl gi am belle , na anoda man go be dia legal father...oshisko, mumu laws
Of course, it's true. Why else do you think Kim of all people would offer to pay anyone that kinda money? The pikin name go be Kanye Humphries if he no gree sign papers.

1 Like

Re: Kris Humphries Rejected $10M From Kim Kardashian To Settle Divorce by sashaa(f): 10:52am On Jan 26, 2013
Exc@libur:

There are two ways to legally end a marriage - annulment and divorce. An annulment is a legal procedure which cancels a marriage between a man and a woman. Annulling a marriage is as though it is completely erased - legally, it declares that the marriage never technically existed and was never valid.

An annulment case can be initiated by either the husband or the wife in the marriage. The party initiating the annulment must prove that he or she has the grounds to do so and if it can be proven, the marriage will be considered null and void by the court. The following is a list of common grounds for annulment and a short explanation of each point:

Bigamy - either party was already married to another person at the time of the marriage

Forced Consent - one of the spouses was forced or threatened into marriage and only entered into it under duress

Fraud - one of the spouses agreed to the marriage based on the lies or misrepresentation of the other

thank u for this post.

Now, i see why Kimmy cannot agree to d annulment

]
Re: Kris Humphries Rejected $10M From Kim Kardashian To Settle Divorce by lolaluv1(f): 10:56am On Jan 26, 2013
Annulling the marriage would mean Kim accepting that it was a union built on fraud to boost ratings of the 'Keeping Up With The Kardashians' show. Marriage can mostly be annulled on grounds of fraud.

I think he should get the divorce papers signed and get it over with. I don't know the stupid point he is trying to prove.

The few times I watched them on TV, it was painfully obvious that they were intimate strangers.
They were never compatible and they both played a part in the marriage falling apart.

2 Likes

Re: Kris Humphries Rejected $10M From Kim Kardashian To Settle Divorce by Exclibur(m): 10:59am On Jan 26, 2013
sashaa:
thank u for this post.

Now, i see why Kimmy cannot agree to d annulment

]

Y°u r welcom dear
Re: Kris Humphries Rejected $10M From Kim Kardashian To Settle Divorce by tunapawizzy: 11:00am On Jan 26, 2013
fresh_dude:
Of course, it's true. Why else do you think Kim of all people would offer to pay anyone that kinda money? The pikin name go be Kanye Humphries if he no gree sign papers.
lmfao no be small thing o
Re: Kris Humphries Rejected $10M From Kim Kardashian To Settle Divorce by dadicvila(m): 11:02am On Jan 26, 2013
tunapawizzy:
my brother pls explain d implications of d 2 as it regards to marriage...pls i wana learn dnt refer me to google
its simple,in M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ own understanding,if your marriage is annulled then its like you were never married in the first place,there will be no connection between both of you,people can not refer to kim as his ex wife,it happens when 1 party discovers that he or she have been tricked into a marriage,unlike in the case of divorce when there is still connection between the man and woman....simple,the man wants a clean slate,he wants to start afresh,its like being born again in christianity

5 Likes

Re: Kris Humphries Rejected $10M From Kim Kardashian To Settle Divorce by davesndy: 11:03am On Jan 26, 2013
victorian: He go taya... Let him hang in there, until kim and Kanye starts living together in their 11million dollars home, even have three kids join... His eyes go clear, and he will quietly move on and remarry someone of his class.. Keep on waiting for annulment..kini big deal, sef?
And u tink she's going to last with kanye? And u r tlkin of class only because u dnt kno kris. He is an NBA star. 10 million dollars is notin to him.

1 Like

Re: Kris Humphries Rejected $10M From Kim Kardashian To Settle Divorce by freecocoa(f): 11:07am On Jan 26, 2013
fresh_dude: See what too much fufu aand ogbono has caused? Smdh. Wher are your manners missy?
I left them in dreamland tongue.

1 Like

Re: Kris Humphries Rejected $10M From Kim Kardashian To Settle Divorce by Nobody: 11:13am On Jan 26, 2013
If this short and tiny Kim has found LOVE in Kanye West, what big deal is it to grant annulment to a man you dumped.
She even offered the POOR man a compensation to bribe his conscience. Why not use the money to buy Kanye a Roll Royce and grant our NBA star his desire.

My NBA star never realised he went for a documentary marriage until now. It was a fake marriage and a pure FRAUD.
Our NBA star is a Christian and he is fighting to protect his morals.
You can buy conscience with money but you cannot purchase morality.

7 Likes

Re: Kris Humphries Rejected $10M From Kim Kardashian To Settle Divorce by NobiGod: 11:13am On Jan 26, 2013
freecocoa: I never said they mean the same thing.

What I'm asking is how does annulling the marriage make all the 5ex they had while together no longer true?

What does sex got to do with it? Doesn't unmarried couples have se-x too? Pretty this time your argument is lame, sorry.

1 Like

Re: Kris Humphries Rejected $10M From Kim Kardashian To Settle Divorce by sage2(m): 11:16am On Jan 26, 2013
Julieccentric: I really feel for Kris Humpries..He must be going through some serious emotional pains..He should stick to his gun.

Now, this is a real woman talking(abi na commenting).

1 Like

Re: Kris Humphries Rejected $10M From Kim Kardashian To Settle Divorce by sage2(m): 11:22am On Jan 26, 2013

What I'm asking is how does annulling the marriage make all the 5ex they had while together no longer true?

You are now assuming they had 5ex by virtue of having been together. Na wao.
Re: Kris Humphries Rejected $10M From Kim Kardashian To Settle Divorce by victorian(f): 11:27am On Jan 26, 2013

God bless you kiss..... Ask the men , here that are ranting like.. undecided... For God sakes he wants annulment that the marriage never existed, but the marriage Existed..! And she spent a whooping sum of 72million dollars in making the marriage ceremony come true... And you , guys expect someone who has spent that kind of money, to later agree that the marriage is imaginary and never true?... Haba, how cruel can kris and his supporters be.. If na Una spend that kind of money, I bet you all, will be singing a different tune..
And yeah, what abt the all nite sex, afternoon sex, morning sex, should it be considered like it never existed?... Common, guys be unselfish for once, and look at the bigger picture.. He wants a clean slate abi? ... He go wait , he go taya...!
And pple are Kim's kids for kanye , as the biological father will becomes kris kids? U guys are joking... Na for nija, such mentality fit work... Not abroad.. Everybody knows, who is the real of her kids,if she decides to give birth to more kids thru Kanye... DNA doesn't lie... And I bet u, kris wouldnt want to be referred as another father to Kim's child or children..only nija ,this kind mentality of claiming Another mans child , fit work...smhh.
Re: Kris Humphries Rejected $10M From Kim Kardashian To Settle Divorce by Nobody: 11:32am On Jan 26, 2013
This Hollywood episodes is what nairaland ladies are reading and learning very fast.

This westernised mentality eroding our believe of sacredness in marriage among nairaland ladies and the African women in general is really a societal epidemics.

Marriages was previously seen as a culture and honourable to society but nowadays wedlock is a contract of convenience. Kim kardasian hiring and dumping men and some of our nairaland ladies is singing her praise here and I ask, is it morally and spiritually justified?

1 Like

Re: Kris Humphries Rejected $10M From Kim Kardashian To Settle Divorce by sage2(m): 11:36am On Jan 26, 2013
Babzilla: FIRST HE IS NOT A STAR. HE'S A PROFFESSOINAL BALL PLAYER. HIS STATS ARE NOTHING 2 WRITE HOME ABOUT AND HE WAS ALMOST ON THE VERGE OF BEING WITHOUT A CONTRACT THIS SEASON.
SECOND I HEAR HE IS ARROGANT AS HELL SERVES HIM RIGHT ALL THE NEGATIVE PUBLICITY
THIRD HE DOESNT SOUND LIKE A SMART FELLOW WHAT NIGGA WOULD BUY A LovePeddler A $2M RING AND INSCRIBE PROVERBS 31:10-31

Are you kidding me? He could buy her a $2Billion ring, that's his money. But to inscribe our dear Proverbs 31:10-31 only shows that he was under the influence of fermented p-u-s-s-y fluid. One really need to take a look at Proverbs 31:10-31 below to appreciate the heights of his stewpidity. I agree with you 100%. He is not smart at all.

[b]Proverbs 31:10-31

King James Version (KJV)

10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.

11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.

12 She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.

13 She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.

14 She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.

15 She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.

16 She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.

17 She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.

18 She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.

19 She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.

20 She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.

21 She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.

22 She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.

23 Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.

24 She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.

25 Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.

26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.

27 She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.

28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.

29 Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.

30 Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.

31 Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates. [/b]
Re: Kris Humphries Rejected $10M From Kim Kardashian To Settle Divorce by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 26, 2013
freecocoa: I left them in dreamland tongue.
I'm going to steal them.
Re: Kris Humphries Rejected $10M From Kim Kardashian To Settle Divorce by ola2ngee(m): 11:41am On Jan 26, 2013
[/color][color=#990000]waste of tym 4dis oshi!
Re: Kris Humphries Rejected $10M From Kim Kardashian To Settle Divorce by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 26, 2013
victorian:

God bless you kiss..... Ask the men , here that are ranting like.. undecided... For God sakes he wants annulment that the marriage never existed, but the marriage Existed..! And she spent a whooping sum of 72million dollars in making the marriage ceremony come true... And you , guys expect someone who has spent that kind of money, to later agree that the marriage is imaginary and never true?... Haba, how cruel can kris and his supporters be.. If na Una spend that kind of money, I bet you all, will be singing a different tune..
And yeah, what abt the all nite sex, afternoon sex, morning sex, should it be considered like it never existed?... Common, guys be unselfish for once, and look at the bigger picture.. He wants a clean slate abi? ... He go wait , he go taya...!
And pple are Kim's kids for kanye , as the biological father will becomes kris kids? U guys are joking... Na for nija, such mentality fit work... Not abroad.. Everybody knows, who is the real of her kids,if she decides to give birth to more kids thru Kanye... DNA doesn't lie... And I bet u, kris wouldnt want to be referred as another father to Kim's child or children..only nija ,this kind mentality of claiming Another mans child , fit work...smhh.

It doesn't matter if she spent $100,000,000. That money you think she spent is money she invested into her reality show business. She has recouped and double investment.
That is why to remain in business,she need another ''star'' to be in the spotlight.

Won't you like to watch Kanye & Kim Kardasian next time its air on TV?

After Kanye, who next?

4 Likes

Re: Kris Humphries Rejected $10M From Kim Kardashian To Settle Divorce by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 26, 2013
victorian:

Your post makes you out to be pseudo-educated at best. Maybe you should start by asking why she would offer him $10m in the first palce and why "Humphries is rejecting it.". Abeg this isn't Africa Magic o, for once look at an issue critically. Women will never cease to amaze me, na una go walk enter gutter na una go still dey point accusing finger. You better tell your cousin Kim to admit ythat's she's lost this battle. My homie Kris has told her to shove her 10mil and sign the damn annulment papers. Surely that has to require less effort than throwing a box full of dollars at him.

4 Likes

Re: Kris Humphries Rejected $10M From Kim Kardashian To Settle Divorce by sage2(m): 11:48am On Jan 26, 2013
victorian:

I think it is safe to play down your assumption of 5ex, young woman. Neither of them has come out to claim such.
Re: Kris Humphries Rejected $10M From Kim Kardashian To Settle Divorce by tellwisdom: 11:49am On Jan 26, 2013
10 million naira is a small money angry angry
Re: Kris Humphries Rejected $10M From Kim Kardashian To Settle Divorce by cinammon(f): 11:50am On Jan 26, 2013
Hmm

3 Likes

Re: Kris Humphries Rejected $10M From Kim Kardashian To Settle Divorce by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 26, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin
Cruxxy:
Na only slap, the people inside the court will linch him, his community will excommunicate him. Even the govt will bar him from holding any public office in this country
Re: Kris Humphries Rejected $10M From Kim Kardashian To Settle Divorce by victorian(f): 11:53am On Jan 26, 2013
Marriage is suppose to be respected and honored... In Kim's case, if u had watched their marriage episodes, Kim tried so hard to make it work.. She cried and begged kris, that all she wants to have a loving husband .But kris was so full of himself.. I too fine, I get so tall, I get triceps.... Who cares? Ifshe is travelling she tell kris.... But when kris is travelling, he simply zooms off without telling her... If u as a man, yur wife travells at will without telling u, and comes when she likes how will u feel...?..What matters most is both parties making the marriage to work... Not just one side... Haven't u heard some men , saying they rather marry an ugly girl who has the fear ofGod and knows what marriage is all about, than marrying, miss world that could be so bitchy at home... I bet u know the saying.. Kris was so annoying in behavior and sarcastic too... He mouth too bad...and he also wants to invite friends to party in their home... Which responsible married man , will still be inviting random women and men for parties at home, while Kim wanted her privacy in her own home, is that too much to ask?.. And he is also competitive in nature.. Abeg... Gone are those days, one keep on suffering in silence, because yur married... Me , I won't suffer in silence sha and be crying all nite.

6 Likes

Re: Kris Humphries Rejected $10M From Kim Kardashian To Settle Divorce by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 26, 2013
victorian: Marriage is suppose to be respected and honored... In Kim's case, if u had watched their marriage episodes, Kim tried so hard to make it work.. She cried and begged kris, that all she wants to have a loving husband .But kris was so full of himself.. I too fine, I get so tall, I get triceps.... Who cares? Ifshe is travelling she tell kris.... But when kris is travelling, he simply zooms off without telling her... If u as a man, yur wife travells at will without telling u, and comes when she likes how will u feel...?..What matters most is both parties making the marriage to work... Not just one side... Haven't u heard some men , saying they rather marry an ugly girl who has the fear ofGod and knows what marriage is all about, than marrying, miss world that could be so bitchy at home... I bet u know the saying.. Kris was so annoying in behavior and sarcastic too... He mouth too bad...and he also wants to invite friends to party in their home... Which responsible married man , will still be inviting random women and men for parties at home, while Kim wanted her privacy in her own home, is that too much to ask?.. And he is also competitive in nature.. Abeg... Gone are those days, one keep on suffering in silence, because yur married... Me , I won't suffer in silence sha and be crying all nite.

I am sorry I had to quote the whole passage ..but did all of this happen within their 72hours of marriage?

4 Likes

Re: Kris Humphries Rejected $10M From Kim Kardashian To Settle Divorce by victorian(f): 12:02pm On Jan 26, 2013
Yes it did... I watched it... This one , no be hear say... When I and my young brother was watching it.. My brother was just fuming at kris, although we know Kim has her faults but not as bad as kris.. It all happened..kris even told her to her face that when she starts having babies, pple will forget abt her , and won't even realize she existed, so why take her appearances job so serious?.. How will u feel, if a husband say so...?.. Especially when yur not a full time house wife kind of lady, and you love your job but willing to sacrifice and make a balance at home?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"I Was Almost Lynched" - Oritsefemi Talks About Quilox Fight (Video) / 9ice Calls Himself An Upcoming Artiste, Says No One Is Pregnant For Him / Comedian, Alibaba Shows Off His Muscles (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.