Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,982 members, 7,814,347 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Help Pls. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help Pls. (942 Views)

In need of urgent help pls: eye defect (aftermath of my eye diagnosis) / HELP PLS...Very Hot And Badbreath Coming Out From My Nose.. / HELP PLS - How To Get Pregnant While Treating Prolactin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Pls. by AgoT: 12:02pm On Mar 05, 2008
My brothers wife has vericose veins on her legs. She needs help and i thought of Nairalanders. If you know about a solution, pls post it fast cos i know by the time she gets pregnant, it will be terrible. i can always trust on you guys with solutions. thanks and keep the ball rolling.
Re: Help Pls. by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 05, 2008
y dont u go for check up?
Re: Help Pls. by amsky(m): 5:28pm On Mar 05, 2008
You may not get what you want on this forum,but i do know a little tiny bit of varicose veins.

It is caused most times by poor circulation. I think that's why raising the legs is a good point to start. If it runs in her family,then there may be little or nothing she can do about it. From your post,she is not yet pregnant.

There is no need spending money treating them. It's usually a cosmetic sugery if one must treat them.
Re: Help Pls. by ifyalways(f): 7:50pm On Mar 05, 2008
AgoT:

My brothers wife has vericose veins on her legs. She needs help and i thought of Nairalanders. If you know about a solution, please post it fast because i know by the time she gets pregnant, it will be terrible. i can always trust on you guys with solutions. thanks and keep the ball rolling.
is the veins itchy and causing discomfort to her?
to some ppl,vericose veins are simply are insignificant variation of the veins,it posses no problem but when its associated with itches,pains and discomfort then there might be need to see a doc abt it as it might lead to circulatory disoders.
chances of having vericose veins :
Age. Aging causes wear and tear on the valves in your veins that help regulate blood flow. Eventually, that wear causes the valves to malfunction.
Sex. Women are more likely than men are to develop the condition. Hormonal changes during pregnancy, premenstruation or menopause may be a factor. Female hormones tend to relax vein walls. Taking hormone replacement therapy or birth control pills may increase your risk of varicose veins.
Genetics. If other family members had varicose veins, there's a greater chance you will too.
Obesity. Being overweight puts added pressure on your veins.
Standing for long periods of time. Your blood doesn't flow as well if you're in the same position for long periods.
what to do now :go see a doc preferablly a dermatologist or a phlebologist.
home care treatment for the mean time :
wearing compression stockings (available in pharmacies )
exercises and losing weight
avoiding tight fitting clothes.
elevating legs and avoiding long peiods of standing/sitting at same position for long.
goodluck

(1) (Reply)

Learn To Satisfy Her like never before! / Daily Health And Fitness Tips / Download Ebook : Do Ityourself Natural Grooming / Beautytips For Men And Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.