Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,034 members, 7,828,621 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? (8942 Views)

How Is The Light Situation In Your Area / Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? / What Is The Power Situation In Your Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by nex(m): 9:46am On Jan 27, 2013
I live on Channels TV Avenue in Isheri, the border area between Lagos and Ogun state. There is no light. Some evenings, they bring it for 2 hours, then later about 12 midnight to 6 am. Then most times, we don't have electricity at all for days. Meanwhile, at N12.4/kWh we spend more than N15,000/month on electricity. Some days ago, I recharged the units in the meter with N7,000 which I'm sure will not last till the end of the month.

Unfortunately, GEJ met installed capacity of 6,000 MW, yet today, he's boasting of generating 4,500 MW which we are not seeing. But just wait 6 months to elections, they will release the light to us, then 6 months after elections, they will withhold it again to be used for the next elections. It really is a big shame.

Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by taharqa: 11:42am On Jan 27, 2013
nex: I live on Channels TV Avenue in Isheri, the border area between Lagos and Ogun state. There is no light. Some evenings, they bring it for 2 hours, then later about 12 midnight to 6 am. Then most times, we don't have electricity at all for days. Meanwhile, at N12.4/kWh we spend more than N15,000/month on electricity. Some days ago, I recharged the units in the meter with N7,000 which I'm sure will not last till the end of the month.

Unfortunately, GEJ met installed capacity of 6,000 MW, yet today, he's boasting of generating 4,500 MW which we are not seeing. But just wait 6 months to elections, they will release the light to us, then 6 months after elections, they will withhold it again to be used for the next elections. It really is a big shame.
You are a Terrible LIAR; and i said i wudn't comment on dis thread, but just hv to call you out. How can you say u get an average of '2 hrs electricity daily with some days without it' yet you say u spend #15,000 in a month when you use a pre-paid meter. Are u FACTORY that uses dat amount on electricity in few hrs in a month?? Sm of una no just sabi lie....*smh*
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by Liveair: 11:44am On Jan 27, 2013
Well, asides Government House and Trans Amadi Gardens where Gov Amaechi and Commissioner for power stay respectively, no area in PH enjoys good power supply.
This is after all the Billions earmarked for power and promises made by both men of 24hrs power by Dec 2012.
Obiwali Rd, Mgbuoba, etc all have less than 2hrs of power per day.
LIARS in Government!
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by justi4jesu(f): 2:02pm On Jan 27, 2013
No light in most areas of portharcourt since on friday night. Straight black out!
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by endtake: 3:03pm On Jan 27, 2013
Jam in kaduna banawa phase 2 the promise made by Goodluck on power is not such made by most past president, Goodluck u are God sent, electricity has really improved chance for 2015 is clear u be de man.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by countsparrow: 3:33pm On Jan 27, 2013
enigmagu1: for the whole month our meter read. 2 unit...and one unit cost #11.85k acording to phcn officials.

meanin that we will dem #25 as our bill and collect our balance...

Lol ... Lol... Lol...
Ere in Abeokuta, Kuto to be precise, electricity is diabolic, and dat mumu local govt wer I serve in Ekiti, dat one nah war... Nepa office sef dey run on Gen like say 2mrw no dey... Nigeria we hail thee...
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by countsparrow: 3:45pm On Jan 27, 2013
And pple please stop talking about any mumu tranformation agenda, dis month some of u are enjoying light, next month, u will go back to ur 3hrs daily routine... Is dat wat u call transformation
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by Gboliwe: 8:11pm On Jan 27, 2013
They just flashed the light now. Could it be they are done with the repairs, maintainance and upgrade already?
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by Nuryn: 8:46pm On Jan 27, 2013
we don't need to challenge any body, the logic is simple, phcn ll distrbute to one small street in a state capital @ expense of others, claiming the power is stable. come to KANO as example, a street located off court rd by zoo rd enjoy light almost 15hrs a day also air port rd and a street in off hadija rd. all these area, very expensive. come to other side specifically sabo abuja angwa uku u may not set your eyes on power for a week if @all they ll bring it, it has to be 1hr @midnight. God ll save us.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by otokx(m): 10:58pm On Jan 27, 2013
still no electricity in UNIPORT since friday.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by stolenstone: 2:28am On Jan 28, 2013
the light is back in Enugu and Abia, I guess the rest fit don dey show
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by tpia3396: 11:23pm On Dec 30, 2014
countsparrow:

Lol ... Lol... Lol...
Ere in Abeokuta, Kuto to be precise, electricity is diabolic, and dat mumu local govt wer I serve in Ekiti, dat one nah war... Nepa office sef dey run on Gen like say 2mrw no dey... Nigeria we hail thee...

you are a TROLL sha.

at your age too, what a pity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saraki Alleges Massive Fraud In The Oil Sector / Ugwuanyi Hands Over Renovated Burnt Enugu INEC Office / Enugu Serves Eviction Notice On Blind Man Despite Failing To Pay Gratuity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.