Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,980 members, 7,828,469 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? (8941 Views)

How Is The Light Situation In Your Area / Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? / What Is The Power Situation In Your Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by Hardfact: 2:54pm On Jan 26, 2013
franchizy: In Aba Abia state, we ve 24hrs Electricity. Our God sent Gov T. A. Orji promised us light and he delivered. It is 4 dis reasons dat we Abians wil ever remain indebted to Gov. Orji who inspite of d huge debt he incured from d past administration, was still able to deliver in terms of Electricity and infrastructure. He is the only Gov who has painstakingly rehabilitated all major roads in Aba dat has brought joy in the heart of the people of Aba. On behalf of Abians and the our good party PDP, I say thank you sir.
State gov promised and gave you power?
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by chinnyonwu(m): 3:11pm On Jan 26, 2013
franchizy: In Aba Abia state, we ve 24hrs Electricity. Our God sent Gov T. A. Orji promised us light and he delivered. It is 4 dis reasons dat we Abians wil ever remain indebted to Gov. Orji who inspite of d huge debt he incured from d past administration, was still able to deliver in terms of Electricity and infrastructure. He is the only Gov who has painstakingly rehabilitated all major roads in Aba dat has brought joy in the heart of the people of Aba. On behalf of Abians and the our good party PDP, I say thank you sir.
Which brand of brukutu u drink?
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by Sijo01(f): 3:18pm On Jan 26, 2013
Its nothing to write home about here in Benin for the pass 6days.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by onoerime: 3:23pm On Jan 26, 2013
The fg has set confusion on nigerians. We dnt even know when to a say there are improvements in a particular sector. Your area can enjoy light today and tomorrow a total blackout for a whole month. Is that what you guys refer to as improvemnt? I am in lagos during last year august they rarely interupt light in 48hrs but today 26th january has made it 9 days with a total of 3hrs light in my own area. I can still remember, china celebrated 56yrs non light interuption. Light went off for just 1hr in america and the whole media houses took it as the major top stories for weeks. Nigeria na big Bleep up
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by tomakint: 3:38pm On Jan 26, 2013
Light in Ilorin has been very impressive (16 - 19 hours daily) however when I am in Abuja (Karu) the light condition is better unlike what I used to witness in 2009!
Bottom Line: There is improvement in the power sector no doubt cool

1 Like

Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by wizzymate(m): 3:38pm On Jan 26, 2013
Light dey try for abakaliki. At least 18hrs daily with 30mins-1hr outage inbetween. But as of today no light since morning.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by katordidi(m): 4:09pm On Jan 26, 2013
i tink Benue too is affected cos dere's no light since mornin
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by thaoriginator: 4:10pm On Jan 26, 2013
For Victoria Island where I dey flex, dem on power around 2am and off it around 6am. Their faada!
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by dannydolly: 5:14pm On Jan 26, 2013
In Abiola way, Abeokuta. We don't have light for the past one week and their crazy bill of #5000 will surely enter at the end of the month.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 26, 2013
Aso Rock,Abuja.
247 light here.

Sipping ma Kainkain with Cassava Bread.
Life is Good.

Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by Josydaky(f): 6:46pm On Jan 26, 2013
In Gwegwe, yenagoa, the suply of light ranges from 18 to 23hrs per day. Once in a month,there is no light throughout the day. Transformer is the major issue.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 26, 2013
No light in the whole of Anambra..,they took it by 7am.
Any1 with a counter view?
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by VellyG(m): 7:03pm On Jan 26, 2013
Uyo,Akwa Ibom- generally the power situation here is power. 12am-6am in 3weeks and 1week of total blackout.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by abdul4moti(m): 7:08pm On Jan 26, 2013
It is a bit stable this days in Kaduna metropolis.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by nonjebose(m): 7:30pm On Jan 26, 2013
DARKNESS COVER THE FACE OF THE DEEP(ASABA),GROSS DARKNESS THE PEOPLE FOR 3 DAYS.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by mascot87(m): 9:02pm On Jan 26, 2013
Here in Sango ota where I live, electricity supply has really improved. He have light here between 18 to 20hrs on a daily basis. The transformation agenda of GEJ in the aspect of electricity supply is highly commendable.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by Ogbuefienubiaka: 9:04pm On Jan 26, 2013
[quote author=franchizy]In Aba Abia state, we ve 24hrs Electricity. Our God sent Gov T. A. Orji promised us light and he delivered. It is 4 dis reasons dat we Abians wil ever remain indebted to Gov. Orji who inspite of d huge debt he incured from d past administration, was still able to deliver in terms of Electricity and infrastructure. He is the only Gov who has painstakingly rehabilitated all major roads in Aba dat has brought joy in the heart of the people of Aba. On behalf of Abians and the our good party PDP, I say thank you sir.[/quote.
No light in aba since morning. I live in Gra/Eziama and we enjoy almost 24hrs
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by fehintolly: 9:25pm On Jan 26, 2013
There is no light in Aba since morning!
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by express101: 9:30pm On Jan 26, 2013
Jazzgreen:
are u sure ur livin in abia or AIBA?. Precisely ABA,cos drs no light even as im talkin to you right now
Don't mind him, he's just being sarcastic
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by Enoquin(f): 9:39pm On Jan 26, 2013
angry angry angry

No light in Uyo,,,the light came on few minutes past 12 midnight and went off by 6 this morning...terrible!
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by DrummaBoy(m): 10:16pm On Jan 26, 2013
Power was a bit stable in Akobo, Ibadan but we seem to be returning to status quo this week. Power is on this Moment and if it goes its restored in about an hour.
Many parts of Ibadan claim power has improved but I think its all just temporary, we're likely to return to how things used to be. Because the root cause of power problem corruption and ineptitude are not being addressed
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jan 26, 2013
Citec estate, after Jabi in Abuja hasn't had light for 3days now... It's soo pathetic! Prior to that, the light situation was ridiculous!
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by Wadeoye(m): 11:02pm On Jan 26, 2013
josh4ever: Cited estate, after Jabi in Abuja hasn't had light for 3days now... It's soo pathetic! Prior to that, the light situation was ridiculous!

Jona said on cnn that power supply has improved across nigeria far better than what it used to be in the history of nigeria. I am going to bed now without light in lagos and I have been on gen since 6pm. It is like this everyday.

Until I have power for 24 hours for 6 months, nobody should come here to talk about improvement. We were not in total darkness before for God sake.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by humblesteve(m): 12:07am On Jan 27, 2013
grin[b][/b]Here in ifite, awka anambra state Omo light na wash power failure hav bn part of dem just hate dis area% one day ON\ ONE day OFF imagne bur we hardly see light on d day we re supos to have Nawaooo hia na fuk up mak I do graduate comot 4 dis kin jonzin vicinity. Jawee
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by romanlaw(m): 3:20am On Jan 27, 2013
Wadeoye:

Igbos and lies - they are inseparable. I am in Lagos and as I am typing, I am running on generator and I have been on generator since 5am. It is like this everyday and on /off at times. Where is the improvent? Only in yiboland you will see constant supply because they want to tell nigeria the fraud they voted for is working? There is 24/7 power supply in yiboland, the land of fraud.
. Fool, I guess you live in the slump that's y there's no light. All yoruba fools claiming Lagos.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by ChristyIsaac: 3:48am On Jan 27, 2013
In eleme rivers state no light 4 d past 2 week
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by Chudiking(m): 5:14am On Jan 27, 2013
In Aba Dia's light only sat n sun, d problem of phcn r getting solved n my area,
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by Revolva(m): 7:35am On Jan 27, 2013
Poor as long as they. Still take it..
Jonathan has promised 24hours steady power by 2013 ending oya make we dey see....na today!!!
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by Wadeoye(m): 7:36am On Jan 27, 2013
romanlaw: . Fool, I guess you live in the slump that's y there's no light. All yoruba fools claiming Lagos.

You are a stuuupid foool. Even if I live in Ajegunle, Orile Agege or whatever your definition of slum is, is a slum not part of Nigeria? When a president go on cnn to tell the world that power has improved in the country, did he exclude slums?

And can I know where you live mr Igbo? Worthless Iyaminrin.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by Livinusc(m): 7:55am On Jan 27, 2013
In our area if u dont av money to draw 33kv line ur name na sorry for light,we our own is 11kv line so we ar not getting any light at ol,some times dey ll bring it in d aftnoon to last only 2hrs.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by smartg(m): 9:24am On Jan 27, 2013
In lagos, we use to have light only at night, between 12am to 6 or 7am, the only area with constant light are the industrial areas and G.R.A's
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? by smartg(m): 9:31am On Jan 27, 2013
In lagos, we use to have light only at night, between 12am to 6 or 7am, the only area with constant light are the industrial areas

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari To Visit Benue On Monday / Adebayo Shittu: I’m Not Ready To Allow My Defamers Smile By Resigning / Marketers Kick Against ₦5 Reduction In Petrol Pump Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.