Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,682 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

AZONTO Is A Dancing Style From HELL - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / AZONTO Is A Dancing Style From HELL (39698 Views)

Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? / Bishop David Oyedepo Dancing Azonto (PHOTO) / Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AZONTO Is A Dancing Style From HELL by sniperwolf(m): 5:40pm On Jan 29, 2013
Nothing wey we no go see for Nairaland front page
Re: AZONTO Is A Dancing Style From HELL by godman01(m): 9:47pm On Jan 29, 2013
Do they dance in hell? Its a place of weeping and gnashing of teeth and not entertainment.
Re: AZONTO Is A Dancing Style From HELL by tonygee1(m): 11:10pm On Jan 29, 2013
even if it were how dose dancing like d movement of those in hell logicaly wil lead smone to hell
Re: AZONTO Is A Dancing Style From HELL by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 29, 2013
if you SaY azonto dance steps its hell dance steps , what about alanta... ;Dif you SaY azonto dance steps its hell dance steps , what about alanta...
Re: AZONTO Is A Dancing Style From HELL by Stanley08(m): 11:46pm On Jan 29, 2013
Nothing they will not say is Demonic! We Nigerians sef! Any small thing!

I'm here in Accra. Where Azonto was born! People have fun with this dance here man! So don't bring Any demonic crap into this.

I am a christian! I love to dance Azonto! PataPata! I go pray before i dance! Good riddance!
Re: AZONTO Is A Dancing Style From HELL by moneynetwork: 9:24am On Jan 30, 2013
hey friends i just open new forum site now wwww.rumdin.com pls help me post there too
Re: AZONTO Is A Dancing Style From HELL by Stanley08(m): 11:15am On Jan 30, 2013
moneynetwork: hey friends i just open new forum site now wwww.rumdin.com pls help me post there too

This website has been suspended. Lool. u go tif domain?
Re: AZONTO Is A Dancing Style From HELL by dorggito1(m): 2:05pm On Jan 30, 2013
Stanley08:

This website has been suspended. Lool. u go tif domain?
haahhaahha omo nl no go kill person with laugh o @op u better watch ur words.

1 Like

Re: AZONTO Is A Dancing Style From HELL by deebrain(m): 3:40pm On Jan 30, 2013
fratochi: . My brother, if you are a good student of the history of african traditions, you will observe that most if not all of them are products of wickedness, emanating from the idol worship of one god or goddess, so when you say this song was from this traditional or that tradition you also make efforts to trace the roots/source of the said tradition because indeed 'EVERYTHING THING HAS A SOURCE', God help us!

And whatever the source comes from has nothing to do with heaven or hell. Are u christians really Ok? All creatures so long as they can move-can manipulate their bodies to move anyhow. Demons dance, angels dance, God himself dances in excitement (Zeph 3 vs 17).

Asper dancing to offer evil sacrifices-what makes such an act evil is BECAUSE OF THE CELEBRATIONAL PURPOSE (many of these old cultures danced to celebrate the shedding of blood) AND NOT THE DANCE PATTERN ITSELF. Besides, what many of u do in yr churches especially to yoruba gospel songs are the same things done to sango!

"holy holy" Christians, change yr mentality!angry
Re: AZONTO Is A Dancing Style From HELL by Desloaaa(f): 3:46pm On Jan 30, 2013
Tnoni: my friend... you have a CONDITION.
real CONDI!.no be AIR own o
Re: AZONTO Is A Dancing Style From HELL by izik4real(m): 10:31am On Jan 31, 2013
[/b][b]
Re: AZONTO Is A Dancing Style From HELL by Redfox(m): 2:01pm On Apr 13, 2013
@OP
I understand your point of view but not all dance style are rooted in the underworld least of all Azontoa

”Azonto originated from the coastal areas like Chorkor, James Town, La, Teshie, and Nungua. it was called Apaa meaning WORK. The basic moves where washing,ironing and boxing which was a popular occupation of people in these coastal areas. Azonto is all about creativity and freestyling, there are about three hundred moves in the azonto dance.

Azonto was popularized on social media by the music videos that portrayed the dance form with fast-pace tempos, home-made dance instructional videos uploaded on YouTube with no commercial intent, and group choreographies done by mostly Ghanaians and other African nationals living in the UK".

I advice that you do your research properly cos comments like this could undermine the 'true' culture of a people.

Welldone.
Re: AZONTO Is A Dancing Style From HELL by Redfox(m): 2:05pm On Apr 13, 2013
Also read thru deebrain's[b][/b] post to understand better.
Re: AZONTO Is A Dancing Style From HELL by Vansnickers: 10:57pm On May 27, 2013
I Love this Thread! #Funny as F*ck
Re: AZONTO Is A Dancing Style From HELL by Kennypp: 1:51pm On Aug 11, 2013
How I wish you guys wuld not be another pharisee and saducees of Jesus days who were far-to-see and sad-to-see. Whether you believe Azonto is a dance from the kingdom of darkess or not, the day of reckoning will tell, but it will be too late for those hearts which had been pierced and hooked up by the spirit of Azonto. The scriptures says, "test all spirit and know which is true." The unfortunate things is that, this songs just come on to the scene suddenly and spreads like dusts carried by winds and yet no one is wise enough to question its source. Can I ask you a ??, could a dance created by the world become a dance to glorify God? Of course not! He that loves the world, the love of the father is not in him.

1 Like

Re: AZONTO Is A Dancing Style From HELL by oluemmakay(m): 4:50am On Aug 12, 2013
Well said....... Our modern day christians sees evrytin as a normal tin wit no consideratn to d fact d spiritual control d physical... May God help us
Kennypp: How I wish you guys wuld not be another pharisee and saducees of Jesus days who were far-to-see and sad-to-see. Whether you believe Azonto is a dance from the kingdom of darkess or not, the day of reckoning will tell, but it will be too late for those hearts which had been pierced and hooked up by the spirit of Azonto. The scriptures says, "test all spirit and know which is true." The unfortunate things is that, this songs just come on to the scene suddenly and spreads like dusts carried by winds and yet no one is wise enough to question its source. Can I ask you a ??, could a dance created by the world become a dance to glorify God? Of course not! He that loves the world, the love of the father is not in him.
Re: AZONTO Is A Dancing Style From HELL by oluemmakay(m): 4:59am On Aug 12, 2013
Redfox: @OP
I understand your point of view but not all dance style are rooted in the underworld least of all Azontoa

”Azonto originated from the coastal areas like Chorkor, James Town, La, Teshie, and Nungua. it was called Apaa meaning WORK. The basic moves where washing,ironing and boxing which was a popular occupation of people in these coastal areas. Azonto is all about creativity and freestyling, there are about three hundred moves in the azonto dance.

Azonto was popularized on social media by the music videos that portrayed the dance form with fast-pace tempos, home-made dance instructional videos uploaded on YouTube with no commercial intent, and group choreographies done by mostly Ghanaians and other African nationals living in the UK".

I advice that you do your research properly cos comments like this could undermine the 'true' culture of a people.

Welldone.
i undastand ur point..... But u must have it in mind dt nothin comes frm d underworld dt wont ve a cover story to back it up. Dis is an attempt to make it look ordinary...to dos who dont ve spiritual lenses.
Re: AZONTO Is A Dancing Style From HELL by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 15, 2013
I'm done
Re: AZONTO Is A Dancing Style From HELL by ubliiz: 10:09am On Aug 18, 2013
Mynd_44]Is this some kind of joke?

if you ask me na who I go ask?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

When You Think That God Called You Into The Ministry But... (pic) / Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) / Pastor Rukendo Peters Buys Wheelchair For Crippled Man Who Came For Dedication

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.