Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

The True Meaning Of Jihad - Islam for Muslims (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The True Meaning Of Jihad (21652 Views)

The True, Peaceful Face Of Islam. / Three Stages Of Jihad - What Are We Supposed To Believe ? / Come And See jihad For What It Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by DanielNoble(m): 11:00pm On Jan 28, 2013
nuorlah:

Do u think you would still be alive if that is to be taken literally and is meant to be for every situation? I wouldn't have been a Muslim either.But thank God I am because I am guided. I pray you receive guidance as well.

Has any of the Muslims you must have met in all of the years of your existence tried to kill u? You simply can't be alive if that statement above is one of the pillars of Islam. The things that make you a good Muslim are five and do not include fighting.

Verses of the Qur'an were for times and conditions. The religious leaders were also the community leaders hence d need to fight 2 protect their sovereignity and that was even after they were previously attacked.

If you insist and keep to your thoughts. I have at least given you my 2 cents
abeg give us the real meaning of that verse
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by tintingz(m): 11:35pm On Jan 28, 2013
JOYCEOUS: wat u dnt get is,, d hausa/fulani muslims, dnt c oda tribe (muslims) as geniun muslims. PERIOD!!!
then the catholics wont see prostestants as geniun christians

As if the hausas are are the one that brought Islam to the other tribe...maybe muslims in china are not geniun muslims according to you

1 Like

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jan 28, 2013
Philolos:

BS. Tell that to the families of 911. Tell that to the families that have lost lives and are being displaced daily in northern Nigeria, Iraq, etc. Please tell that to the Malians. The true meaning of Jihad: a benign cancer within Islam that is now active. That is the practice of Jihad as we now have come to understand it. And don't try to tell us any different Mr/Ms. OP.
Please tell us something else that we don't already know.

Brainwashed.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by ParisLove1: 11:44pm On Jan 28, 2013
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by ParisLove1: 11:46pm On Jan 28, 2013
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Geewan(m): 11:50pm On Jan 28, 2013
It is not easy to convince someone who has made up his mind to be blind to the truth.

I am absolutely certain that Islam is the way and that Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) is Allah's final messenger.

Thank you Almighty Allah for opening my eyes to the truth and please let me die as a Muslim (Amin)!

1 Like

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by mimifonwon(f): 11:57pm On Jan 28, 2013
are you kidding so there is no freedom of speech here, must all things favor islam...mtchwww, criticism comes with life and no matter the religion i will say what i want. Islam just like christianity has had casualties, but unlike christianity, there are so misinformed or brainwashed individuals who misinterepts texts and act upon it for some selfish gains. yes a big sector of islam preaches violence, just like the old testaments in the bible, but the different is that some brainwashed people have used it wrongly and brought the figurative speech to life. most moselms might be peaceful, but there are crazy exremist who believes that they must convert everyone by force...smh!!!
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by JOYCEOUS(f): 12:05am On Jan 29, 2013
tintingz: then the catholics wont see prostestants as geniun christians

As if the hausas are are the one that brought Islam to the other tribe...maybe muslims in china are not geniun muslims according to you
say wateva u lyk, al i knw is dt d hausa muslims dnt c oda tribe (muslims) as geniun. Tek it or liv it

If nt y r d non hausa muslims bin durin dier unecessary religious crisis
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by sweetcheecks(f): 12:15am On Jan 29, 2013
Psylas: Jihad means inner sruggle

Burning outside grin
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by tiarabubu: 12:29am On Jan 29, 2013
brentkruge:

LOL When its convenient for your arguments; America is a "Christian Country". When you want to argue for rights of Muslims; "America is a Secular Country". grin

Let me help you. America is a SECULAR country. Religious rules do not run the government. Even prayers are not said in schools and public events.

Iraq (a Muslim Country) invaded Kuwait and Iran. Kuwait requested for rescue from America and others! tongue

Abi oh!
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by sweetcheecks(f): 12:36am On Jan 29, 2013
Saksreal: JIHAD is a Term often misunderstood and associated with radical militants. The arabic word is wrongly misinterpretated as "Holy War", although there is no such thing in islam. Holy war is something undertaken to forcibly subject others to certain religious doctrines, which is forbidden in Islam.

The arabic word "Jihad" means a struggle or striving and applies to any great effort on the personal and social level. It is striving to do good and remove injustice and evil from oneself and the society. This exertion of effort can be spiritual, economic, social or political. For example, one of the highest level of Jihad is to stand before a tyrant and speak a word of truth. Restraining oneself from wrongdoing is also a form of Jihad. It is a broad concept that includes opposing evil inclinations within oneself, opposing injustice through peaceful means, efforts to improve the quality of life in a society as well as the striving by military forces on a battlefield in defence of the community or oppressed people. Jihad is not synonymus with war and it certainly does not involve terrorism. Armed Jihad is not an option for muslim individuals or groups and can only be declared by the muslim head of state. Moreover it must never be fought for wordly gain, conquest or revenge. Muslims may only engage in battle to protect people's lives, properties and freedom.

Jihad has conditions of restraint that distinguishes it from any other kind of warfare. They can be summarised as follows.

** Muslims must not begin hostilities. They must strive for peace as much as possible.
** All treaties and agreements must be observed as long as the enemy observes them.t
** Muslims must fight only those who fight against them; non-combatants are not to be harmed.
** Weapons of mass destruction must never be used and collective punishment is strictly prohibited.
** Self-defense is not considered jihad if muslims are striking
back in revenge.
** Hostilities should be ended as soon as the other party is inclined to peace

I have only 2 points to meke hear,1 is since this was brought to the front page we will not be seeing the messive numbers of banned threads as we are seeing right now. Couse the thinking is when you move a thread out of protective coccon yoou are actual inviting other to feast on the topic of the day? Right? Well moving on from the premise of the point above let me now comment on the topic

@op, you preaching to the converted,some practised personal jihad maybe to limmitted scalle familly & nothing beyond that.

So we @op, pleaselets gobe mdicine to the sick and dying.

WE are believers in the Word ofGod and we wacth the doing of man, then we give name according your doing.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by tintingz(m): 12:45am On Jan 29, 2013
JOYCEOUS: say wateva u lyk, al i knw is dt d hausa muslims dnt c oda tribe (muslims) as geniun. Tek it or liv it

If nt y r d non hausa muslims bin durin dier unecessary religious crisis
you are not making any sense

How was Islam spread in the yoruba land...was it Uthman dan fodio that brought Islam to the south-west region?

Islam did not speak of individual but it speaks of the Quran and the way of the Prophet(sa) which we muslims must follow
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Geewan(m): 12:45am On Jan 29, 2013
sweetcheecks:

I have only 2 points to meke hear,1 is since this was brought to the front page we will not be seeing the messive numbers of banned threads as we are seeing right now. Couse the thinking is when you move a thread out of protective coccon yoou are actual inviting other to feast on the topic of the day? Right? Well moving on from the premise of the point above let me now comment on the topic

@op, you preaching to the converted,some practised personal jihad maybe to limmitted scalle familly & nothing beyond that.

So we @op, pleaselets gobe mdicine to the sick and dying.

WE are believers in the Word ofGod and we wacth the doing of man, then we give name according your doing.

Can someone interpret this for me pleeeease!
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by maclatunji: 2:14am On Jan 29, 2013
Bélla3: @abdul4hire(funny name)
no one answerd my question including you.
If the quran is truely glorious and complete, then there is no need for the hadith, no?

Create another thread for your arguments, it is petty to post the same arguments on several threads that make front page just because you can't stand Muslims writing about the true teachings of Islam and getting exposure for it.

The Qur'an makes it absolutely clear that Muslims should follow the Prophet's instructions. Your attempt at diverting from OP's message is dead on that score.

You have been warned, stop trying to derail topics with your irrelevant quest for attention when you have the chance to address the issue you are trying to highlight on threads of your own.

1 Like

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by 1oracle(m): 3:12am On Jan 29, 2013
War means destruction. And someone is telling us that jihad is a war of friendship. When alqeada declared war on USA and carried out a terrorist attack in most popular 9/11 many people celebrated the jihad and nobody died. When boko haram jihadist declared jihad on northern Christians, nobody died. Only tyranny, tyrants and evil are afraid of criticism because it exposes their inner most secrets. Why is Islam so afraid of criticism?

1 Like

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by tete7000(m): 3:19am On Jan 29, 2013
Islam has been violent since inception and still remain so today. Prophet Muhammed fought the first jihad in mecca with followers from medina and subsequently instucted his followers to follow suit. That you op has peaceful intention doesn't remove the fact that the foundation upon which islam was built and has spread is violence.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by abdul4hire: 3:43am On Jan 29, 2013
abdul4hire:

I say one of the greatest injustice is taken something out of context, with regards to the Quran this had led many astray....so we say as i said earlier we hav to luk back at how the prophet himself implemented Jihad.

when he was to perform the pilgrimage to makkah with his followers before its conquest, he was prevented and sent back by the pagans, due to this he had to sign a treaty with them which even involved him taken out his title as a prophet when he was about to sign just to appease the pagans. Even though not being able to perform the hajj that year angered his companions he told them to be patient...this treaty was suppose to last for ten years with the terms largely favouring the pagans. Why didnt he attack them and take over the holy mosque and the kabba? It was only when the pagans failed in their commitments and he had offered several options to them to save the treaty that he marched onto them with his followers.

On getting to makka with his followers the pagans where overwhelmed, so no fight ensued and then he declared
‘Whoever enters the house of Abu Sufyan(someone that had persecuted and killed a lot of the prophets companions)is safe. Whoever locks his door is safe. Whoever enters the mosque is safe.’ The Messenger(sallallahu alaiyhi wassallam) of Allah told his army not to use arms against anyone when they entered Makkah unless they met opposition or resistance. He directed the army not to touch property or possessions belonging to the people of Makkah and nothing should be destroyed . simply google treaty of hudaybiyah or conquest of makkah.

From this we learn
1.if the unbelievers do not prevent the muslims from practising their religion then we maintain our agreements.
2.Only the leader of the muslims can lead/order a jihad.

So we are saying there are verses in the quran that say clearly to attack the unbelievers and a muslim shouldnt sugarcoat, deny it or be apologetic about them but rather he should ask politely that every single person interprets them with the way of the prophet and understanding of his noble companions.

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by abdul4hire: 3:45am On Jan 29, 2013
abdul4hire: Infact the late grand mufti of saudiarabia sheikh binbaz wrote a private letter to osama binladen, rebuking his ways and ideology and his likes and osama binladen indeed responded with scorn. It is clearly documented in a book (cant remember the name but it went like 'brothers of the devil) referring to the khawarij( people with this ideology).

Simply google these facts. And please note for the fact that people tarnish the image of Islam through violence, this isnt sufficient for you to reject faith when u hv intellect, senses and access to knowledge such as the web.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by abdul4hire: 3:46am On Jan 29, 2013
abdul4hire: This is simple if you have doubts about the true position of islam, pls google the rulings giving by the most prominent islamic body in saudi. known as the permanent committee (lajna daima in arabic). It is saddled with the responsiblity of giving all sharia rulings in saudi.

If u cant trust what they say about the true position of islam then i wonder who u can trust as a christain.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by 1oracle(m): 4:11am On Jan 29, 2013
maclatunji: Thank you for your insight.
Insight indeed, if what all those islamist, jihadist and mujahideen actions is not Islamic and it is against what Islam stand for, why haven't Muslims protested against them? Why haven't Muslims protested against boko haram, alqeada and jihadist activities?
It is on record that Muslims world wide even in Nigeria protested for ordinary carton and film about muhammed.
All efforts to defend the doctrine of jihad is an effort to portray Islam in a had light.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by 1oracle(m): 4:14am On Jan 29, 2013
Philolos:

BS. Tell that to the families of 911. Tell that to the families that have lost lives and are being displaced daily in northern Nigeria, Iraq, etc. Please tell that to the Malians. The true meaning of Jihad: a benign cancer within Islam that is now active. That is the practice of Jihad as we now have come to understand it. And don't try to tell us any different Mr/Ms. OP.
Please tell us something else that we don't already know.
You've said it all. They will attack you or ban you .......they can even hide your post. The truth remains that they will continue to live a hypocritical life.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by ignis: 5:58am On Jan 29, 2013
Bélla3: hello? No one can meet my request??
Your request has no answer.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Nobody: 6:15am On Jan 29, 2013
Geewan:
It is not easy to convince someone who has made up his mind to be blind to the truth.

I am absolutely certain that Islam is the way and that Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) is Allah's final messenger.

Thank you Almighty Allah for opening my eyes to the truth and please let me die as a Muslim (Amin)!
i wil plead with u, dnt cross ur mind, come and enjoy another heaven made 4 u. Come and enjoy d fellowship of d holy Spirit, it is sweet. Jesus nids u. Consider dis please
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Nobody: 6:18am On Jan 29, 2013
ignis:
Your request has no answer.
wht is ur request
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by nuorlah: 6:34am On Jan 29, 2013
brentkruge:

LOL When its convenient for your arguments; America is a "Christian Country". When you want to argue for rights of Muslims; "America is a Secular Country". grin

Let me help you. America is a SECULAR country. Religious rules do not run the government. Even prayers are not said in schools and public events.

Iraq (a Muslim Country) invaded Kuwait and Iran. Kuwait requested for rescue from America and others! tongue

Did you see the swearing in of Obama? A prayer was said in jesus name after which a choir sang grace. He placed his hand on a bible to be sworn in.

You want to come here to lie again?
Is lying preached by d bible?
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by nuorlah: 6:37am On Jan 29, 2013
Bélla3: @abdul4hire(funny name)
no one answerd my question including you.
If the quran is truely glorious and complete, then there is no need for the hadith, no?

How can u claim a book is incomplete when it has a front and back cover with all its pages numbered.

The reasonable question should have been to ask about d essence of the hadith.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Saksreal(f): 7:30am On Jan 29, 2013
From this posts, i could only come to a conclusion that some has chosen to be blind to the truth. I didnt share this to convince Others that islam is not as violent as they think but to guide my fellow muslims right. Alhamdulilai, it has been a success.

To my fellow Muslims, always remember this;
"The slave of Allah are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish addressed them with bad words, they reply back with mild words of Gentleness" - Quran 25:63

1 Like

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by adaybayor(m): 7:47am On Jan 29, 2013
Saksreal: From this posts, i could only come to a conclusion that some has chosen to be blind to the truth. I didnt share this to convince Others that islam is not as violent as they think but to guide my fellow muslims right. Alhamdulilai, it has been a success.

To my fellow Muslims, always remember this;
"The slave of Allah are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish addressed them with bad words, they reply back with mild words of Gentleness" - Quran 25:63

Truly the message has been delivered...God bless you sister
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by kross01(m): 7:51am On Jan 29, 2013
nuorlah:

Did you see the swearing in of Obama? A prayer was said in jesus name after which a choir sang grace. He placed his hand on a bible to be sworn in.

You want to come here to lie again?
Is lying preached by d bible?
If truly u understand the meaning of the word secular and the foundations on which the declaration of america's independence were laid, u wnt say wat u just said above. Yes he was sworn in with a bible but only because he is a christian & plz not because he's d president of d USA. If he were a muslim, a quran wld av bn used to do same & maybe some islamic prayers offered for him as well. A secular state allows freedom of wateva religion u choose for urself whch is y countless of religions are scattered allover there so please, america had neva been a christian country.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by thorpido(m): 7:59am On Jan 29, 2013
Geewan:

The last prophet of God was prophet John(the baptist).Jesus said so.Muhammed was the only prophet of Allah.
How can the one who claims to be the last and greatest prophet be unknown by all other prophets before him.How come they didn't have any prophecy or visions concerning him?Even Jesus had no words concerning his coming.
Before u quote anything in d bible read and understand very well.I know ur familiar scripture and it qas the Holy Spirit,He spoke about.He said,'He will come in my Name'.Muhammed didn't come in the Name of Jesus so pls don't twist anything.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Can A Muslim Work In An Interest-seeking Bank / The Woman Is Married For Four Reasons / 5 Things To Do On Laylatul Qadr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.