Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,255 members, 7,811,710 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

The True Meaning Of Jihad - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The True Meaning Of Jihad (21622 Views)

The True, Peaceful Face Of Islam. / Three Stages Of Jihad - What Are We Supposed To Believe ? / Come And See jihad For What It Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Saksreal(f): 7:47pm On Jan 28, 2013
striktlymi: As-salamu Alaykum Saksreal,

I read through your post and to tell you the truth, my heart beat stopped for two seconds...I was glad but at the same time sad.

I was glad to know that some moslems can be very thoughtful and trully know the meaning of Jihad and as Mr. Tunde rightly said, you are indeed blessed with insight.

But at the same time, I keep wondering why some will so lose its meaning and subject themselves to the dictates of some selfish individuals. Only Allah knows the heart of men and the reason for some of our actions.

Like Bella, I am quite curious to know whether this is your personal view on the matter or the view of some Islamic clerics (scholars) or is this what the quran teaches?

I will appreciate some input from Mr. Tunji and Mr Tbaba if you guys are properly disposed.

Salam!
Hello Mr striklymi, i have always loved ur sense of humour. I'd have loved to donate more time for explanations if not for my exams. These are what the quran truly teaches. I'll drop some quranic verses and who knows i may have time to explain them later.

Who are permitted to fight?
"Permission to fight is given to those who are been attacked, because they have been wronged. And surely God measures out help for them" - Surah al-Hajj verse 39
Quran 4:75 also talks about fighting only for God, the weak, ill-treated and the oppressed.

Quran 2:190
" Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loveth not transgressors."

Quran 2:190,
" But if they cease, Allah is oft-forgiving, most merciful. And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail Justice and faith in Allah; but if they cease, let there be no hostility except against wrongdoers."

Quran 25:63
" And the slave of Allah are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness and when the foolish addressed them with bad words, they reply back with mild words of gentleness".

Quran 6:151,
"Take not life which Allah has mase sacred, except by way of Justice and Law; thus doth he command you , that ye may learn wisdom"

Surah al-Anfal verse 61
" And if they incline to peace, so you must incline to it. And trust in God, for he hears and knows all.

Finally,
Quran 2:256
" Let there be no compulsion in religion".

8 Likes

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 28, 2013
nuorlah:

Is he sweet, salty or sour?

People you may have known to sound intelligent,religion comes in and they are like the lot. Fake intellectuals.
My dear, what I am saying is the reality. I am not supposed to say this out but let me say it.

I have an exclusive video here with me (I got it by chance, mistake or luck), where some group of black muslim guys (presumably the extremists), butchered their fellow muslim whom I believe betrayed them. Before they started using knife to butcher him and cut off his head like fowl, they read a long verse of the quoran in arabic and after the recitation, then went ahead to slaughter the guy. It was so brutal and carlous I wept while watching the way the guy was struggling helplessly to hold on to life.

The actions of some extremists muslims is so abominable and all muslims world over ought to converge and address this brutality by their extremist. I am not saying this because I am a Christian or Budha or Islam, I am saying it because I am a human with conscience and sympathy for human life.

Children grow up seeing and hearing these set of people taking innocent lives daily in all parts of the world and u still want to tell the children that it is for peace, for how long pls?

All religions should embibe the spirit of peace and practice your religion as u like but don't take other peoples lives in the name of religion, whether u are islam, christian, Budha or any.

You can never see where a group reads Bible to backup their brutal act of killing anyone for whatsoever reason because it is against Bible and if anyone dares bring holy Bible near when he/she wants to do such evil, believe me such person'§ is doomed becos Bible snares at murder no matter what the person did to you, Bible condemns anyone from taking another persons life.

2 Likes

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by nuorlah: 7:50pm On Jan 28, 2013
Orikinla: DECEPTION IS ONE OF THE MOST EFFECTIVE METHODS IN EVERY REVOLUTIONARY IDEOLOGY.

[size=28pt]
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Article 19.

Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.[/size]
Of course u knew d nonsense u typed would only be read in such a ridiculously big font.
Oh no, i didnt read it. When u become reasonable, type again please
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by hydoo(m): 7:51pm On Jan 28, 2013
Akpan107: Hmmmm... Whatever! but mind you, Only Jesus save's... Give ur live to the One that is able to save you. Jesus is the only Messiah even in the Quran (sura 4v171)
hahahhhahahaha,,,comot dere joor
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Orikinla(m): 7:52pm On Jan 28, 2013
[size=18pt]Let all the Muslims in northern states come out and destroy the enemies of peace destroying innocent lives and properties in the north.

But when you only come online or on the pages of newspapers to make noise hiding behind unidentified usernames, then you are all cowards.

The way an innocent Muslim girl of 17 was kidnapped and slaughtered like an animal by Boko Haram terrorists left me speechless and what have you all done about it?

Did you see how President Barack Obama reacted to the Sandy Hook school shootings?
And the whole of America came out to campaign against illegal assault rifles.

Can 2 million Muslims march against Boko Haram in Borno State?
Or hide behind closed doors?

The choice is yours.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by olawalebabs(m): 7:52pm On Jan 28, 2013
'..sun mu bukmun humyun fahun la yur jihuna' They are deaf, dumb and blind, so they return not (to the right path) Q2 V 18

3 Likes

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Orikinla(m): 7:55pm On Jan 28, 2013
[size=28pt]
nuorlah:
Of course u knew d nonsense u typed would only be ready in such a ridiculously big font.
Oh no, i didnt read it. When u become reasonable, type again please

Let all the Muslims in northern states come out and destroy the enemies of peace destroying innocent lives and properties in the north.

But when you only come online or on the pages of newspapers to make noise hiding behind unidentified usernames, then you are all cowards.

The way an innocent Muslim girl of 17 was kidnapped and slaughtered like an animal by Boko Haram terrorists left me speechless and what have you all done about it?

Did you see how President Barack Obama reacted to the Sandy Hook school shootings?

1 Like

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by abdul4hire: 7:56pm On Jan 28, 2013
Infact the late grand mufti of saudiarabia sheikh binbaz wrote a private letter to osama binladen, rebuking his ways and ideology and his likes and osama binladen indeed responded with scorn. It is clearly documented in a book (cant remember the name but it went like 'brothers of the devil) referring to the khawarij( people with this ideology).

Simply google these facts. And please note for the fact that people tarnish the image of Islam through violence, this isnt sufficient for you to reject faith when u hv intellect, senses and access to knowledge such as the web.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by busket(m): 7:58pm On Jan 28, 2013
tomakint: To start with, Islam in Nigeria is split into two broad groups; (1)The Hausa-Fulani Muslims and (2) Others (Yorubas, Tapas, and all the rest tribes) The Hausa-Fulanis don't see Jihad the way Yoruba Muslims and others define it, that's the gospel truth, infact an average Aboki don't see a fellow Muslim from other tribes as friends, they consider them inferior to themselves and that gives the "Violent Colouration to Islam" Just my thought mind you cool
Truest truth.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by nuorlah: 8:01pm On Jan 28, 2013
DailyNews: My dear, what I am saying is the reality. I am not supposed to say this out but let me say it.

I have an exclusive video here with me (I got it by chance, mistake or luck), where some group of black muslim guys (presumably the extremists), butchered their fellow muslim whom I believe betrayed them. Before they started using knife to butcher him and cut off his head like fowl, they read a long verse of the quoran in arabic and after the recitation, then went ahead to slaughter the guy. It was so brutal and carlous I wept while watching the way the guy was struggling helplessly to hold on to life.

The actions of some extremists muslims is so abominable and all muslims world over ought to converge and address this brutality by their extremist. I am not saying this because I am a Christian or Budha or Islam, I am saying it because I am a human with conscience and sympathy for human life.

Children grow up seeing and hearing these set of people taking innocent lives daily in all parts of the world and u still want to tell the children that it is for peace, for how long pls?

All religions should embibe the spirit of peace and practice your religion as u like but don't take other peoples lives in the name of religion, whether u are islam, christian, Budha or any.

You can never see where a group reads Bible to backup their brutal act of killing anyone for whatsoever reason because it is against Bible and if anyone dares bring holy Bible near when he/she wants to do such evil, believe me such person'§ is doomed becos Bible snares at murder no matter what the person did to you, Bible condemns anyone from taking another persons life.

First, your endearment isnt needed. Thanks anyway.

Whatever those people did if at all u are saying the truth , I donno what to say of it. I know though that killing is one of the major sins in Islam. To kill a fellow Muslim carries a bigger weight. To kill a human with a knife, I have never even heard of in the shareeah.

Now, what.you mentioned is.bad and op has made an effort to educate people on the true Islam with the hope that no one,at least who reads this would have the impression that they are doing what ALLAH wants when some radical Muslims invite them to it. The good thing to do would have been to commend the op if you are from the humane angle rather than trying to preach your own religion because of what a few people did.

Imagine that Abdulmutalab read something like this. He may not have joined those people. He may just have realised that the laws of Islam is not in support of what he embarked on.

1 Like

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by God2man(m): 8:03pm On Jan 28, 2013
Kslib: Wait oh!!! I understand your point but you but you should not be telling us nah cos no matter waht you say we already know the meaning of jihad all thanks to the jihadists,its already stuck in our hearts..
What you should do is to write this same article,then send it to your people in Northern Nigeria,mali and islamabad cos they need it more..

Exactly. Spread the information on all major websites, write a book, print tracts, educate people in their own dialect, paste it on all the streets in Kano, kaduna, Bornu, Plateau and all other volatile regions. Even if the information is false. Let's believe Jihad is not war.

God bless you.

God2man.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by nuorlah: 8:04pm On Jan 28, 2013
olawalebabs: '..sun mu bukmun humyun fahun la yur jihuna' They are deaf, dumb and blind, so they return not (to the right path) Q2 V 18

Isnt it obvious? This topic is a recycled one. Many of them would come back to same nonsense next time that you wonder if they were dumb or blind or all of d above.

Respect to the truth seekers. Many like that exist and are silent. I pray Allah opens your eyes,ears and mind to the truth.

1 Like

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 28, 2013
Bélla3: hello? No one can meet my request??
Unfortunately not.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by sureway1(m): 8:12pm On Jan 28, 2013
Stop posting rubbish...
l'm in the north.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 28, 2013
nuorlah:

First, your endearment isnt needed. Thanks anyway.

Whatever those people did if at all u are saying the truth , I donno what to say of it. I know though that killing is one of the major sins in Islam. To kill a fellow Muslim carries a bigger weight. To kill a human with a knife, I have never even heard of in the shareeah.

Now, what.you mentioned is.bad and op has made an effort to educate people on the true Islam with the hope that no one,at least who reads this would have the impression that they are doing what ALLAH wants when some radical Muslims invite them to it. The good thing to do would have been to commend the op if you are from the humane angle rather than trying to preach your own religion because of what a few people did.

Imagine that Abdulmutalab read something like this. He may not have joined those people. He may just have realised that the laws of Islam is not in support of what he embarked on.
Yeah, you are right, but if u did read my first comment well, u would have understood that I commended the op for her own understanding of what is called Jihad in Islam. I said then: if only others have this same understanding u have, then there won't be issues, meaning I commend her understanding of Jihad.

But why people tend not believe write-ups like this is the fact that u can hardly see muslims come out in mass to condemn a certain sect of extremists when they do some evil things in the name of Jihad. If they do that always, then the world will start believing what the good muslims like d op say.

I know its risky to face or condemn such extremists, but they have families, and they do cherish their families, so let the condemnation begin from their families.

Let them leave the war for Allah to fight because we are humans, we can't fight for God. God is more powerful than us for us to be fighting for Him.

I uploaded the video on youtube this afternoon and sent the link to my friends, and immediately they were calling me from diff cities to tell me to delete the video from youtube immediately that it is gory and too devilish and may spark up hate, so I did as they instructed if not I would have posted the link here for all to watch.

Meanwhile I have no issues with muslims, my only problem is the fact that the extremists amongst them tarnish the image of others through wicked acts like killings and destruction of properties in the name of religion. If any Christian does that, he or she is a fool, a sinner, in fact God will visit such Christian in His wrath. I condemn killing of fellow humans by Christians, Islams, Budhist, Hindu, etc. What is wrong is wrong!
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Orikinla(m): 8:16pm On Jan 28, 2013
[size=18pt]
Let all the Muslims in northern states come out and destroy the enemies of peace destroying innocent lives and properties in the north.

[size=28pt]
The man dies in all who keep silent in the face of tyranny.
~ Prof. Wole Soyinka, The Man Died (New York: Harper & Row, 1972)

God save Nigeria from hypocrites and liars.[/size]

1 Like

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by tintingz(m): 8:17pm On Jan 28, 2013
gsalvatore: The OP is not a True MUSLIM.
Kill the INFIDELS is BOLDLY written in your Holy Books.
Stop pretending to be Nice and all that, People like You will always try to hide in Sheep skin. Be Proud of what you are. What you see in all over the mid-east and Muslim populated Africa is JiHad-not all these essay you wrote here. You are not more intelligent or schooled than these Jihadists. Most of these jihadist went to the Best Schools in UK and US, They know the quran more the you...if you want post this your thread a thousand times it will change nothing,maybe I think you should rewrite the quran cos that's the Manual for a True Muslim/Jihad, and you have to be careful cos other true muslims won't find it funny with ya. #jstsaying
can you quote out where the Quran uses the word ''INFIDELS'' to non-muslim?
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by lakonlawal: 8:20pm On Jan 28, 2013
raynold17 :
lmao I saw a post that a Muslim dude said u shouldn't take the prophet word to seriously something like that.now your saying a different thing.
lwkmd, jst like our pastor told us masturbation isn't a sin.

1 Like

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by uchlukez(f): 8:20pm On Jan 28, 2013
((((((((BOOOM))))))))))
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by hok4u(f): 8:22pm On Jan 28, 2013
Akpan107: Hmmmm... Whatever! but mind you, Only Jesus save's... Give ur live to the One that is able to save you. Jesus is the only Messiah even in the Quran (sura 4v171)
Mr Akpan which kind of Quran are you reading,this is what Quran 4(Sura Al Nisa) says,am quoting verses 170&171 "170. O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, nor say of Allah aught but the truth. The Messiah Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), was (no more than) a Messenger of Allah and His Word, ("Be!" - and he was) which He bestowed on Maryam (Mary) and a spirit (Rooh) created by Him; so believe in Allah and His Messengers. Say not: "Three (trinity)!" Cease! (it is) better for you. For Allah is (the only) One Ilah (God), Glory be to Him (Far Exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And Allah is AllSufficient as a Disposer of affairs.

171. The Messiah will never be proud to reject to be a slave to Allah, nor the angels who are near (to Allah). And whosoever rejects His worship and is proud, then He will gather them all together unto Himself."
I hope you will patiently read Ãήϑ understand
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by osiki: 8:23pm On Jan 28, 2013
ocman: drives Range rover sports across thread

reveres and comments

this one is too much for me to read
if so why misconception
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by nuorlah: 8:24pm On Jan 28, 2013
DailyNews: Yeah, you are right, but if u did read my first comment well, u would have understood that I commended the op for her own understanding of what is called Jihad in Islam. I said then: if only others have this same understanding u have, then there won't be issues, meaning I commend her understanding of Jihad.

But why people tend not believe write-ups like this is the fact that u can hardly see muslims come out in mass to condemn a certain sect of extremists when they do some evil things in the name of Jihad. If they do that always, then the world will start believing what the good muslims like d op say.

I know its risky to face or condemn such extremists, but they have families, and they do cherish their families, so let the condemnation begin from their families.

Let them leave the war for Allah to fight because we are humans, we can't fight for God. God is more powerful than us for us to be fighting for Him.

I uploaded the video on youtube this afternoon and sent the link to my friends, and immediately they were calling me from diff cities to tell me to delete the video from youtube immediately that it is gory and too devilish and may spark up hate, so I did as they instructed if not I would have posted the link here for all to watch.

Meanwhile I have no issues with muslims, my only problem is the fact that the extremists amongst them tarnish the image of others through wicked acts like killings and destruction of properties in the name of religion. If any Christian does that, he or she is a fool, a sinner, in fact God will visit such Christian in His wrath. I condemn killing of fellow humans by Christians, Islams, Budhist, Hindu, etc. What is wrong is wrong!

I wonder what in mass means. I have seen many condemnations even here on NL.

Does in mass mean a crowd for that would be really misunderstood. Some silly journalists may even tag their mass gathering as a terror one.

I care more about quality over quantity. If d few Muslims who make the call, make it loud enough-it can be just satisfactory to me.

Nl is a good avenue. If the no of Views shown above is representative enough,the op can be commended to have tried in her own way.

'What would be my own way?' is d question every other person should ask themselves.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by tintingz(m): 8:28pm On Jan 28, 2013
Akpan107: I truelly love people like you... You did not deny that Jesus is Messiah, since the first part confirmed Jesus as the Messiah, i dont think the second part will deny Him as Messiah. However, you should get the English version of the QURAN and read carefully... The Quran actually confirmed Jesus Christ as the following: MESSIAH, the WORD of GOD & the SPIRIT from God in Quran 4v171, we Christians also believe in Jesus as the word of God... Now, the word of God has been with God right before the word was created and the world was created through Jesus Christ(the word of God)... My dear, the Quran has said it all... Now, believe in Jesus ur Messiah.
The bible said Jesus was only sent to the ''lost sheep of isreal'' so when you read Messiah in the Quran nor Bible you must know that Jesus was the Messiah to the jews he was sent to the children of isreal smiley
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by nuorlah: 8:31pm On Jan 28, 2013
sure way: Stop posting rubbish...
l'm in the north.

And you are still there because?

Common sense is indeed not common.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by tintingz(m): 8:36pm On Jan 28, 2013
olawalebabs: '..sun mu bukmun humyun fahun la yur jihuna' They are deaf, dumb and blind, so they return not (to the right path) Q2 V 18
ofcos they are smiley
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by lakonlawal: 8:38pm On Jan 28, 2013
raynold17 :
lmao I saw a post that a Muslim dude said u shouldn't take the prophet word to seriously something like that.now your saying a different thing.
lwkmd, jst like our pastor told us masturbation isn't a sin.

2 Likes

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by theripper: 8:40pm On Jan 28, 2013
Abubakar Shekau is not convinced o.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Anvaller: 8:41pm On Jan 28, 2013
I have read thru this =thread and this is my observation.

* Ppl are sick and tired of Islamist extremism.

* Moderate muslims try to exonerate themselves from the extremists activities

* Non muslims accuse moderate muslims of being part of it and if not why are they too silent about their extremist folks

* Moderate muslims starts attempting to communicate the normal non-extremist muslim to non muslims and even some ignorant muslims

* Non muslims rather than embrace this attempt and encourage them to do more, they continue to castigate all muslims including the ones that are committed to peace

If non muslims can accept and encourage these peaceful muslims... they would be encouraged to do more and have more voice, and displace the status-quo which is more of the voices of the extremists. So in the near future, the world would be a better place just like it was b4 for the moderate muslims and the non muslims in general

1 Like

Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by thorpido(m): 8:41pm On Jan 28, 2013
tintingz: The bible said Jesus was only sent to the ''lost sheep of isreal'' so when you read Messiah in the Quran nor Bible you must know that Jesus was the Messiah to the jews he was sent to the children of isreal smiley
A muslim can choose to believe what he wants but 2 start quoting d bible in ignorance,i just av 2 comment.Pls can u show me where in d bible,it was written dat Jesus was only sent to the lost sheep of Israel?One of the most popular verses in d bible is John 3:16,'For God so love the WORLD that...'.Is Israel alone d world?Why don't you do study first before coming here to show ignorance.
Re: The True Meaning Of Jihad by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 28, 2013
nuorlah:

I wonder what in mass means. I have seen many condemnations even here on NL.

Does in mass mean a crowd for that would be really misunderstood. Some silly journalists may even tag their mass gathering as a terror one.

I care more about quality over quantity. If d few Muslims who make the call, make it loud enough-it can be just satisfactory to me.

Nl is a good avenue. If the no of Views shown above is representative enough,the op can be commended to have tried in her own way.

'What would be my own way?' is d question every other person should ask themselves.
she did tried but why it is more important to take the protest beyond internet down to the streets is because most of those extremists don't visit places like this and even if they do, they won't take it serious more than they would if it is carried out offline in real life. Anyway, u guys are trying, pls keep educating your fellow muslims both at home, at work, at school. Christians don't hate muslims as far as I know, Christians don't hate pagans or idol worshippers, they only want people to love one another and live in peace and if at all there is a need to convince anyone to join their religion, they do it peacefully through words of preaching and winning of souls through kind deeds and not by way of violence and hateful acts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Can A Muslim Work In An Interest-seeking Bank / Nairalander At Arafat ( Hajj) With His Dad. / The Woman Is Married For Four Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.