Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Dear Olabowale - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dear Olabowale (3271 Views)

Alhaji Olabowale = Nopuqeater? / Olabowale Buys Christianity From Noetic: Can Olabowale Sell Islam? / @ Olabowale, Abuzola Alzakawi And Mukinatudini.2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Olabowale by olabowale(m): 10:52pm On Apr 05, 2008
@~Lady~:
LOL, I am so sorry, that is my fault. I wan't clear. I meant why did he go to the cave? I hear it's because he wasn't hapy with the way his people were? Is this true.
Partially. However, as a potential prophet his Creator never allowed him to participate in any foolishness of the lives of his people. That included their worshipping ofIdols. So God was in his heart. His heart and Soul was always preoccupied with God. And this was the single driving force for which he was always retreating in meditation in the cave.

And long before the first piece of revelation of a 5 verse, the beginning of Chapte called Creation or Alaq, he was being transformed with the name of the One God, (ALL""""AH as the proper name) on his tongue, always.

If no ordinary person has seen an angel in it's true angelic form before how then could the christian know he's telling the truth as he related the story, has the christian seen an angel before. Mary was not a prophet yet she saw an angel in true form or did The Great Prophet say she didn't? So that doesn't mean prophethood. Many people have had encounters with angels, how would u know it's its true form or not. Is there a guideline letting us know that the angel is or isn't in its true form? I haven't seen an agel and neither have I seen Jesus face-to-face, but I do know that they do exist based on history.
The Christians knew from remnants of previous revelations that a prophet was going to be raised up, from among the Arabs and that it is always an Angel that brought down revealed messages from God to human prophets; Moses, Jesus and others. What mary saw was a man. She also knew that the man had a very peculiar form. Unusual for ordinary man. But the Angel tht appeared to her was not in true Angellic form. True Angellic form will include the wings, and all the heavenly decorations. Only True prophets see them, physically in this form. And the prophet does not have to be asleep, either.

Please kindly explain what the signs are of being a prophet.
All true prophets are men. From the time of Ibrahim, who you will call Abraham and the covenant or the acceptance of his prayer by God, each prophet and messenger has come from his bloodlines; Ismail and Isaac. Then all of the rest up to Jesus are from Isaac blood and the only one outside this bloodline is MuhammadAbdullah who came from the time of bloodline of Ismail. MuhammadAbdullah was the only prophet that came after Jesus was lifted to heaven as well. Not all prophets are messengers, but all messengers are also prophets.

All messengers came with messages, have the core theme that there is no God deserving all worship without any partnershipbut God Almighty, alone. The process of worship is specified and localized. But that of Muhammad is universal, being the last of them. The books of revelations were given to the major Messengers; for example Torah or Old testament to Moses, Good News or New testament to Jesus and Qur'"""""an to Muhammad.

Signs of prophets is a seal on their backs; a raised flesh between the shoulder blades, but below the shoulder line and above the beginning of th lower back. They all have beard and never clean shaven. They shaved their armpit hair and their private hairs. There dreams are always 100% true and all their prayers were answered. They were handsome people and their faces are faces of kind people. they all have soft hearts. Yet they were firm at the delivery of the messages to the people. Each hada  follower(s) and a community to preach to. Each was sent to correct the ways of the waywards and strengthened the belief in One God.

Um what? Why would Noah have this outlook? When did he ever claim that no one goes to the father except through him. Noah had a covenant with God, but it was that the earth won't be flooded again. No where did it say that Noah would be the way to the father. When did Noah prophecy? Moses prophecied about the messiah, why would he think that he's the way to God. He had the laws and he believed those laws were the way to God, he didn't believe that he was the way to the Lord. The only prophecy that was told was that of the messiah "ALL THE PROPHETS" told the same story. I am so confused by this your statement. The conforter isn't a man it's a spirit. Christ said the comforter is a spirit. The spirit is not a prophet, if so then Joseph Smith would be considered the comforter too because he too is a prophet (I will talk about this later).
As I have said, Joseph Smith was also differring to Jesus, as his boss. was he not? At least he did not say that he was in the same prophetic quality as Jesus. Moreso, he did not bring any new message, nor was he leading anybody to a true Single God. At best Joseph Smith was leading people to Jesus, american style.  Please take a snapshot in time and place every prophet in that time, without previous prophet and future prophet. So if we take the time of Noah as our example, we will observe that those who followed Noah in obedience and die in that state of obedience has gone to God through Noah, alone. Not Moses, Jesus and Muhammad.

Those who disobeyed Noah were destined to hell, in their obedience to God because they did not follow Noah. Right? Afterall, no one in Noah's time will be judged by the laws given to Moses and definitely not the laws given to Jesus who came much much later. We could apply the same rule to Moses time. Afterall, Moses was reported to have spoken to God, one on One many times. Or was he talking to Jesus? It would have been a fallacy that it was jesus that he was having all those commandments from and definitely, the 10 Commandments. Afterall, he was saying that a Messiah will come in the future to the "Children of israel" and not to the whole world.  

Under Moses the children of Israel were known as nations or tribes. And jesus never preached to anyone group outside this group of people anyway. Now that the matter is centered on the phrase; the only way to the father, I will submit the following to you;

First; Jesus was the only way in his time to God.
Secondly: The idea of God being the father of Jesus will be the antithesis of many Biblical verses and all Qur'''''anic verses, because they say the opposite. Is it not true that Jesus was reported to have said that God who is Lord is his and the whole children of israel God and Lord? Please check out Mark 12 verse 29. You also have other verses that will back up this clear idea. The later people of Christianity, after the companions of Jesus exagerated the relation and position of prophet Jesus.

They are the ones who deitified him and restricted the process of salvation to him alone, without any revelation to back it up. The last prophet that came was the one that ends prophethood. From him onward to the end of time, the only way to God applies to him.  

You're right, the Jews view Jesus that way. They're still waiting on the messiah. But don't forget that it was also told that many would oppose him. They needed to do that for his crucifixion to happen. Simeon told that to Mary when she presented Jesus to the temple according to Jewish custom.
Jesus was not the only prophet and or messenger opposed. Infact all of them had oppositions. Moses was opposed by his people and for that he became a fugitive. Pharaoh opposed him and he pursued him until pharaoh himself was ruined. Noah was opposed by his people. The opposition even existed in his own family. From the ranks of his offspring and spouse.

I don't call Jesus a prophet, notice I put that into parenthesis that was to put an emphasis on your view of him as a prophet. Jesus is Lord.
And I have no disrespect for him when I call him a prophet. Thats what he was. However you exagerate his position, unless you have more than One God. That will be idol worshipping. Thats not your interest, is it? Also God is absolute. There is only One. Jesus absolutely acknowledged God's Lordship over himself and all mankind. He did not call himself as the Creator, All knowing, All powerful. Did he? Afterall, he said he did not know the hour and can not do anything of his own. I just wanna stop here about this section.

Mathew 7:15-23
15. Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but underneath are ravenous wolves.
16. By their fruits you shall know them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?
17. Just so, every good tree bears good fruit, and a rotten tree bears bad fruit.
18. A good tree cannot bear fruit, nor can a rotten tree bear good fruit.
19. Every tree that does not bear good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire
20. So by their fruits you will know them.
21. Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord', will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only one who does the will of my Father in heaven
22. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophecy in your name? Did we not drive out demons in your name? Did we not do mighty deeds in your name?'
23. Then I will declare to them solemnly, 'I never knew you. Depart from me, you evildoers.'

Christ didn't have to say Muha::mmad, he let us know that by their fruits we will know them. By what they produce we will know them
Alhamdulillah, we are talking turkey here. Now, are all the bad elements in the world musl""""ims? And are all those bad Mus"""""lims following the commandments in the Qur"""an and the Sunnah? NO. And finally, I see no resemblance of Muhammad and true Islam in what you have above. If I did I would have left long time ago. And I would have chased after all the skirts and dresses of the Christian women. But I am grateful to God Almighty for Islam of Mu""""hammad. Aferall, I am today a reserved fella. True Is:::::lam improves lifes.

Please show me. This could also be said of the Qu'ran.
Obvious sections; You have versions of the Bible. The catholic Bible is earlier than that of the protestant. But the protestant Bible is missing a few Books in the catholic's Duwey Bible. Isn't it. Further you have editions and revisons abounds. One will ask, where is the original. There must have been an original. That would have contained exactly what jesus said. Without any adulteration.

Now, we have Jesus saying that the scribes have corrupted the OT. So I will just concentrate on the NT. Are the letters written to the church communities from Jesus or from other people, eg Paul and Timothy? Are these statements from Jesus or at best good personal opinions and never revelations from God? What about calling Jesus God, when he himself said "My God my God why has thou forsaken me?" Or the Biblical verse which I presented earlier Mark 12 Verse 29? Please do your own research of the Bible with open and claer mind. Be objective.

So it just so happens that for centuries (I am including the Jews here) that all the prophets had it wrong. Muha::mmad just happens to have it right.
This getting it wrong has nothing to do with the prophets. It has a lot to do with what ordinary people do after the prophet left the stage of life, human stage. When Moses was alive, the Torah he had is not what the jews have now. It the Jews had been since and had not done any alteration of the Torah, they would have known about Jesus and followed him as their Messiah. But also the Christians copied the Jews when it came to Muha"""""mmad and the Qur'''an. Fpr example, you have it in your Bible that the comforter is not a human being but a spirit/holy ghost. I ask you, was not the holy ghost there according to the Bible all along? Was the word another comforter not give the idea that there is a present comforter available and later another one will come? Finally, what has the Christian gotten from the contact of the holy spirit who is to abide with them for ever?

My Comforter is here by the pure preservation of the Qu"""""ran and the provision of new information which Jesus never spoke about. For example, how i take shower to purify myself after sexual experience, is taught by Muha"""""mmad and Jesus did not teach it. What about a simple thing as just eating, sneezing, yawning, etc? There is a million, nay a billion or trillion more issues like these.

My darling sister whre are you in America. You can go to any Mosque for a copy of the Qur"""""an. If you let me know how to mail one to you, I will. Further you can google search for a free Qur''''an. Better you can email me your information and I will get you what it supposed to mean in English.

Search the google for tafsir ibn Kathir, Qur'''an. You will get it. And if you wanna talk, I will give you my number privately.
Re: Dear Olabowale by Witness(m): 1:05am On Apr 06, 2008
@Lady please note that:

1. I stand by d fact that am not your Brother in faith (although I am somehow still your biological relative as a result of Adam). The bible says that we should not be unevenly yoked with unbelievers, even though we are still expected to love them as neighbours.
A catholic believes something that's in opposition to the bible and thus in opposition to my believe, thus I cannot consider you to be a brethren.

2. Its true the bible says believers should confess their sins one to another, however the bible did not say that believers should forgive sins that were not committed against them. The only sin that believers are permitted to forgive are sins that are committed against them by other people. We simply are not given the power to forgive any other sin apart from that above. (Abeg check the Lord's prayer), Jesus Himself made this clear in the Lord's prayer concerning who we are to pray to, what we are to say and who can forgive which sins.

3. Jesus Christ himself shows via the Lord's prayer that we only permitted to direct our prayers to God who is our Father in heaven, therefore Catholics are committing heresy and idolatory when they pray to Mary, pray through Mary and so called Saints, It is simply not biblical . Otherwise kindly show me the bible verse that shows were God gave believers the power that other people should pray through their name . Jesus Christ is the only name we are expected to pray through to God. The bible makes it clear he is the only mediator! (And no one else)

4.You may scoff or scorn (for all I care) about my action of apologising for the usage of inappropriate language and words , it is certainly a right thing for me to do as a christian, since God expects us to bear good fruits (which shows are works) as a result of our faith in Christ.

5. I believe part of what James was talking about in the faith and works issue is that a Christian who has faith is expected to bear fruits that reveal themselves as works, however it still does not imply that the good works is now the basis of the salvation. Rather it is the product of being saved and not the cause.
Dat is why a dying person on a sick bed can accept Jesus Christ by faith and still be saved without the need to do good works before his or her death.

6. You took my statement out of context when I said: it is by force to preach the gospel.
I was refering to the responsibility of the christian as the preacher and not the unbeliever, as such its wrong of you to now ascert that I am doing the same thing done by m.u.s.li.ms , God forbid! I certainly did not and am not saying that its by force for people to accept the Gospel of Christ (in fact they can choose to reject it, just like you are rejecting it and defending catholism)
My statement meant that Jesus has commanded each and every Christian to preach the gospel to the four corners of the earth, hence if a Christian wants to be in complete obedience, it means that, its by force for that Christian to preach the Gospel.

7. My statement where I typed , "judge of teaching and understanding", was actually a typographical error, I had meant to write that the Holy Spirit was the one with the job of teaching and understanding of scriptures to us (HE might sometimes teach us through some people however it does not mean that we should now assume that those people have the final say in everything, simply because they do not)
The post of the Pope has no biblical backing outside of catholism . It was just an administrative and doctrinal importation of man which for political reasons started the idea of pyramid structure of leadership in the church that culminated in the heretical office of the Pope, the bible tells brethren to fellowship together and not that brethren should choose spiritual leaders amongst themselves. That was why Paul said there should not be any focus on him, or appollo or cephas but rather that the focus should be unto Jesus Christ , who is the author and finisher of our faith. Even Jesus Christ in revelation , refered to the 7 churches as 7 separate independent entities, Jesus Christ did not say the 7 churches were branches of a single spiritual leader. Every christian is a member of the Church and only Jesus is the Spiritual leader of the Church, him beign the Bridegroom!
Also Jesus did not say Peter was the rock, Jesus made a statement showing that Peter was Peter and he Jesus himself was the rock. Hence the other bible verses which says that the stone which the builders had rejected is now the cornerstone. So you its just a catholic lie that Peter was the rock. Also there was never succession of leadership from Peter so the catholic lie that Popes were successors of Peter is just another lie, the Pope is nothing more than a man made doctrine that has no biblical basis.
Re: Dear Olabowale by Lady2(f): 3:11am On Apr 06, 2008
Ok so let me get this straight, the jews altered the Torah. Hmm nice to know, it's really funny. Just so you know I went and did research about that and the only ones refuting it are the muuuslims. Whereas the muuuuslims and christians refute the Qu'ran.

The Christians knew from remnants of previous revelations that a prophet was going to be raised up, from among the Arabs and that it is always an Angel that brought down revealed messages from God to human prophets; Moses, Jesus and others. What mary saw was a man. She also knew that the man had a very peculiar form. Unusual for ordinary man. But the Angel that appeared to her was not in true Angellic form. True Angellic form will include the wings, and all the heavenly decorations. Only True prophets see them, physically in this form. And the prophet does not have to be asleep, either

So this is the Islaaamic view of it.

All true prophets are men. From the time of Ibrahim, who you will call Abraham and the covenant or the acceptance of his prayer by God, each prophet and messenger has come from his bloodlines; Ismail and Isaac. Then all of the rest up to Jesus are from Isaac blood and the only one outside this bloodline is MuhammadAbdullah who came from the time of bloodline of Ismail. MuhammadAbdullah was the only prophet that came after Jesus was lifted to heaven as well. Not all prophets are messengers, but all messengers are also prophets.

All messengers came with messages, have the core theme that there is no God deserving all worship without any partnershipbut God Almighty, alone. The process of worship is specified and localized. But that of The Great Prophet is universal, being the last of them. The books of revelations were given to the major Messengers; for example Torah or Old testament to Moses, Good News or New testament to Jesus and Qur'"""""an to The Great Prophet.

Signs of prophets is a seal on their backs; a raised flesh between the shoulder blades, but below the shoulder line and above the beginning of th lower back. They all have beard and never clean shaven. They shaved their armpit hair and their private hairs. There dreams are always 100% true and all their prayers were answered. They were handsome people and their faces are faces of kind people. they all have soft hearts. Yet they were firm at the delivery of the messages to the people. Each hada follower(s) and a community to preach to. Each was sent to correct the ways of the waywards and strengthened the belief in One God.

What is the proof of this other than Muha::mmad said so?

Alhamdulillah, we are talking turkey here. Now, are all the bad elements in the world musl""""ims? And are all those bad Mus"""""lims following the commandments in the Qur"""an and the Sunnah? NO. And finally, I see no resemblance of The Great Prophet and true The Great Religion in what you have above. If I did I would have left long time ago. And I would have chased after all the skirts and dresses of the Christian women. But I am grateful to God Almighty for The Great Religion of Mu""""hammad. Aferall, I am today a reserved fella. True Is:::::lam improves lifes.

LOL, Ofcourse not. They're not bad people, but who's to say they're not following a false prophet?
A lot of people will disagree with you on the part about Muha::mmad not resembling what Christ spoke about. Afterall he did do a lot of evil things and went against God's commandment and then there's the part about him changing his mind. It's just not consistent.

Obvious sections; You have versions of the Bible. The catholic Bible is earlier than that of the protestant. But the protestant Bible is missing a few Books in the catholic's Duwey Bible. Isn't it. Further you have editions and revisons abounds. One will ask, where is the original. There must have been an original. That would have contained exactly what jesus said. Without any adulteration.

Now, we have Jesus saying that the scribes have corrupted the OT. So I will just concentrate on the NT. Are the letters written to the church communities from Jesus or from other people, eg Paul and Timothy? Are these statements from Jesus or at best good personal opinions and never revelations from God? What about calling Jesus God, when he himself said "My God my God why has thou forsaken me?" Or the Biblical verse which I presented earlier Mark 12 Verse 29? Please do your own research of the Bible with open and claer mind. Be objective.

But you can still show me. I am a Catholic, so you can use my Bible (not the Douay-Rheims version, don't exactly trust it much)
Where did Jesus say that the scribes corrupted the Old Testament? The letters written to the church communities were written by the Apostles. The statements are from Jesus penned down by the Apostles. In the letters the apostles are carrying out the message of Jesus, so they're not opinions but what he actually told them. Jesus didn't in the literal sense say that he was God, he never denied it either, but he absolutely implied it.

Jesus speaking to the Jews as penned down by his apostle John
John 8: 55-58
56. Abraham you father rejoiced to see my day; he saw it and was glad.
57. So the Jews said to him, "You are not yet fifty years old and you say you have seen Abraham?"
58. Jesus said to them, "Amen, Amen, I say to you, before Abraham came to be, I AM."

John 10:30-38
30. The Father and I are one
31. The Jews again picked up rocks to stone him
32. Jesus answered them, "I have shown you many good works from my Father. For which of these are you trying to stone me."
33. The Jews answered him, "We are not stoning you for a good work but for blasphemy. You, a man, are making yourself God."
34. Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your law, 'I said, "You are Gods"'?
35. If it calls them gods to whom the word of God came, and scriture cannot be set aside,
36. can you say that the one whom the Father has consecrated and sent into the world of blasphemes because I said, 'I am the Son of God'?
37. If I do not perform my Father's works, do not believe me;
38. but if I perform them, even if you do not believe me, believe the works, so that you may realise [and understand] that the Father is in me and I am in the Father."

Jesus speaking to his disciples at the last supper
John 14: 6-9
6. Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
7. If you know me, then you will also know my Father. From now on you do know him and have seen him."
8. Philip said to him, "Master, show us the Father, and that will be enough for us."
9. Jesus replied to him, "Have I been with you for so long a time and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father . How then can you say, 'Show us the Father'?
10. Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on my own. The Father who dwells in me is doing his works.
11. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else, believe because of the works themselves.

There are more verses, but I think these are enough, lol, sorry I know it's long, I just want to give you the full picture, I don't like picking and choosing.

This getting it wrong has nothing to do with the prophets. It has a lot to do with what ordinary people do after the prophet left the stage of life, human stage. When Moses was alive, the Torah he had is not what the jews have now. It the Jews had been since and had not done any alteration of the Torah, they would have known about Jesus and followed him as their Messiah. But also the Christians copied the Jews when it came to Muha"""""mmad and the Qur'''an. Fpr example, you have it in your Bible that the comforter is not a human being but a spirit/holy ghost. I ask you, was not the holy ghost there according to the Bible all along? Was the word another comforter not give the idea that there is a present comforter available and later another one will come? Finally, what has the Christian gotten from the contact of the holy spirit who is to abide with them for ever?

My Comforter is here by the pure preservation of the Qu"""""ran and the provision of new information which Jesus never spoke about. For example, how i take shower to purify myself after sexual experience, is taught by Muha"""""mmad and Jesus did not teach it. What about a simple thing as just eating, sneezing, yawning, etc? There is a million, nay a billion or trillion more issues like these.

My darling sister whre are you in America. You can go to any Mosque for a copy of the Qur"""""an. If you let me know how to mail one to you, I will. Further you can google search for a free Qur''''an. Better you can email me your information and I will get you what it supposed to mean in English.

Search the google for tafsir ibn Kathir, Qur'''an. You will get it. And if you want to talk, I will give you my number privately.

Ok I need u to show me historical facts about the Torah being changed. All I keep coming up with are what the muuuslims say. I need another source, to me right now the Qu'ran is not credible.
No the Jews were not supposed to know he's the messiah. This was to be revealed to those who were open to believing the truth. If they were to know there wouldn't have been an opposition. We know that it was in the prophecy that he would be opposed. He was to be crucified, the prophecy wouldn't have come pass if they didn't oppose. If they knew they wouldn't oppose.
How did the Christians copied the Jews when it came to Muha::mmad and the Qu'''ran?
Yes the Spirit of God had always been there just like Jesus had always been there, but the people were blind and they had no power (ordination) to them. When the Spirit came upon them on the day of pentecost, it gave the disciples the authority to do as Christ did. To cast out evil and to heal and to spread the Gospel and more.
The christian has gotten a lot from the Spirit. Demons have been cast out (look up exorcism), people have been healed, there is a clear understanding of God and our purpose as humans on this earth. The benefits don't have to be in physical form, don't forget God is not of this world and neither should we be (those who believe in him).
Why should there be a proper way to sneeze or yawn or eat, these are things that are done involuntary by the body just like pumping of blood and breathing or should there be a proper way on that too?
About sex, well good hygiene will tell you to take a shower after. The former prophets never mentioned anything about the proper way to cleanse after sexual experience. Sex isn't wrong in the sight of God unless committed outside of marriage, so I don't see why this speacial cleansing should be done as sex, when done properly, isn't impure.

I am located in Florida, I am studying here. I would absolutely appreciate a copy of the Qu'''ran and the english translations. It is always good to acquire knowledge, that of good and bad so that you can differentiate and do that which is good.
I also suggest you get yourself a copy of the Bible, the Catholic Bible if you please (it's with the complete books). That way we can fully discuss and understand each other better.
Re: Dear Olabowale by Witness(m): 1:26pm On Apr 06, 2008
I also suggest you get yourself a copy of the Bible, the Catholic Bible if you please (it's with the complete books). That way we can fully discuss and understand each other better.

@Lady, Thank God that you at least realise and accept that THE BIBLE, is different from the Catholic Bible.

a. Catholics , (Added and subtracted from the bible), = Catholic Bible
b. Jehova Witness, .(added and subtracted from the bible), = Jehova Witness Bible
c. I.s.l.a.m, (Copied the bible, added and subtracted from it, twisted it , messed it up), = M.u.s.l.i.m Bible (called Q'u.r.a.n) + other books.
d. Mormons, (only God knows what they did sef)
:
:
:
and the list goes on.

So do you realise the family resemblance, grin grin grin or not!, well if you still can't see the family resemblance then God help you o!

By the way can you kindly let me know the following:

1. Please list out the ten commandments as obtained in the catholic bible.
2. Please list out what the Catholic Bible says about Mary, and where (if at all) she is the Mother of God!,
3. Show me where the Roman Church was said to be the, leader of all churches. Then tell me why Jesus Christ appraised each of the 7 churches as separate and independent churches.
4. Show me where Paul and Peter and James became the Pope of Rome,
5. Show me where the bible says that Purgatory exists,
6. Please tell me the Work of the Holy Spirit , and the work of your so called Spiritual Leader (Pope).

I would surely love to see your response to the above, thank you!
Re: Dear Olabowale by Lady2(f): 1:41pm On Apr 06, 2008
Witness, if you don't have something productive to do with your life, that's your own but please stop spreading lies and stop trying to infecting people with your disease. W
Re: Dear Olabowale by Witness(m): 1:49pm On Apr 06, 2008
Witness, if you don't have something productive to do with your life, that's your own but please stop spreading lies and stop trying to infecting people with your disease. W

Its funny that , the "gentle" Lady is starting to use profane phrases all of a sudden, (oh did i hit a sour spot or something!)

hmm, personal opinion, to call something a lie, YOU STILL HAVE TO PROOF THAT IT IS A LIE,

Unfortunately personal opinion is worthless in matters of eternal and spiritual ramifications,

Please kindly use the bible to answer the questions that i have asked, at least how can you prove it is a lie unless you use the bible (which is the only thing that is not infallible). Mind you please kindly state which bible you are using (whether The Bible or the Catholic bible ),

The questions that i asked are quite simple , so please answer,

Thank you,
Re: Dear Olabowale by Lady2(f): 2:33pm On Apr 06, 2008
@Witness

It's already been done, but seeing that we are unequally yoked you don't see it. Trust me you won't hit a nerve no matter how hard you try. You're in cyberspace and are just entertainment for me. I'm not going to burst a vein for someone I don't even know.

Like I said, it's already been proven to be a lie, but you keep thinking that your interpretation is the best, that's fine with me. Keep doing you. The Catholic church stands firmly on the Word of God.
Unless I open my mouth to satisfy your belief u won't let me or other catholics be, but that won't be the case so go and bother others. Thank you.
Re: Dear Olabowale by Witness(m): 3:01pm On Apr 06, 2008
@Witness

It's already been done, but seeing that we are unequally yoked you don't see it. Trust me you won't hit a nerve no matter how hard you try. You're in cyberspace and are just entertainment for me. I'm not going to burst a vein for someone I don't even know.

Like I said, it's already been proven to be a lie, but you keep thinking that your interpretation is the best, that's fine with me. Keep doing you. The Catholic church stands firmly on the Word of God.
Unless I open my mouth to satisfy your belief u won't let me or other catholics be, but that won't be the case so go and bother others. Thank you.

@Lady

1. You are obviously trying your best to avoid having to answer my question. Yet you were very eager to say I was lying (how contradictory!), now i am asking you to tell and show me how I am lying and yet fail to show it or agree to do so.

a. Once again answer the questions i have directed at you in my previous posts.

b. Show me from the bible (both THe Bible and your own catholic bible), how what i am saying is a lie.

2. You say it has already being done (i.e. my questions have already being answered), yet you refuse to show me how and where they have already being answered. You also say it has already being proven to be a lie, Yet when i am asking you to please show me , you refuse to do so.

Come on now , are you so much in doubt of what you believe that you are unable to reveal it.

The Bible asks us to be ready to defend our faith, yet you are plainly showing that you cannot defend what you believe in, (although I already know that what you believe in is merely a concotion of the devil), aba at least try and give me bible verses from your Catholic Bible to do a proper exegesis of why you say I am lying.

All you have just proven to me is that your believe is plainly just "merely Dogmatic" and certainly not "Biblical".

3. I have not given you an interpretation ( although you call it that) hence why I always try to back up my statements with bible verses that say exactly the same thing that i am putting forward.

Therefore I would like for you to please do the same and stop merely trying to use verbal rhetoric to answer questions that have spiritual and eternal ramifications,

4. Once again please kindly answer the questions that you are so afraid of answering, and which i have plainly formatted for you to see in my previous posts.

5. Many people do not have the benefit of hearing the truth, please I beg you in the name of God that now that you have the opportunity , please take it and consider it, you may still reject it, but please at least consider it, rather than just throwing it out of the window without using the bible to check whether its true or not.

its pays to behave like the berean Christians, search the scriptures (The Bible), (and, probably your own perverted Bible (Catholic Bible)) use them to please show me why, how and where i am wrong about the Catholic church and also to please provide the answers to the question that i have asked.

Thank you!
Re: Dear Olabowale by olanajim(m): 4:44pm On Apr 06, 2008
Next?
Re: Dear Olabowale by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 07, 2008
hmmm, next ? shocked

why? cheesy
Re: Dear Olabowale by babs787(m): 6:54pm On Apr 17, 2008
@Lady

LOL, Ofcourse not. They're not bad people, but who's to say they're not following a false prophet?

I don't like people that posts without backing it up with facts. Suport your allegation with facts and we go from there please.

A lot of people will disagree with you on the part about Muha::mmad not resembling what Christ spoke about. Afterall he did do a lot of evil things and went against God's commandment and then there's the part about him changing his mind. It's just not consistent.

Just like my above post, back up your allegation and we start from there

So do we take the accounts of the four gospellers as the real account of Jesus?

But you can still show me. I am a Catholic, so you can use my Bible (not the Douay-Rheims version, don't exactly trust it much)
Where did Jesus say that the scribes corrupted the Old Testament? The letters written to the church communities were written by the Apostles. The statements are from Jesus penned down by the Apostles.

What statements did I read you say was penned down by apostles and can you please show me where Jesus said that they should write them down as his words? 

In the letters the apostles are carrying out the message of Jesus, so they're not opinions but what he actually told them. Jesus didn't in the literal sense say that he was God, he never denied it either, but he absolutely implied it.

So if Jesus is your God, who did he shout to on the cross?
Who did he pray to?
Why did he say God is greater than him and that God sent him? (Verses on that coming soon and will take you to early christian writing that rejects trinity)

Jesus speaking to the Jews as penned down by his apostle John

Is the JOHN that wrote the gospels same as his disciple?

John 8: 55-58
56. Abraham you father rejoiced to see my day; he saw it and was glad.
57. So the Jews said to him, "You are not yet fifty years old and you say you have seen Abraham?"
58. Jesus said to them, "Amen, Amen, I say to you, before Abraham came to be, I AM."

Now why didnt he say that before Noah he was because we know fully well that Noah and Adam came before Abraham?

John 10:30-38
30. The Father and I are one
31. The Jews again picked up rocks to stone him
32. Jesus answered them, "I have shown you many good works from my Father. For which of these are you trying to stone me."
33. The Jews answered him, "We are not stoning you for a good work but for blasphemy. You, a man, are making yourself God."
34. Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your law, 'I said, "You are Gods"'?
35. If it calls them gods to whom the word of God came, and scriture cannot be set aside,
36. can you say that the one whom the Father has consecrated and sent into the world of blasphemes because I said, 'I am the Son of God'?
37. If I do not perform my Father's works, do not believe me;
38. but if I perform them, even if you do not believe me, believe the works, so that you may realise [and understand] that the Father is in me and I am in the Father."

Read from verse 29 that says:
'My Father, which gave them me[b], is greater than all;[/b] and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

The above verse came right before 30, and in verse 29 Jesus says the Father is greater than ALL, this obviously includes Jesus since he is not the Father.

Also John 14 v 28: Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I

Jesus also made clear statements that he was sent by God so he couldnt be God himself.
If you are saying that Jesus is God just because he said that Father is in him and he is in the father (he and father are one), what of the verse below:

17v 20-22: "That the ALL may be made ONE. Like thou Father art in me, I in thee, that they may be ONE in us. I in them, they in me, that they may be perfect in ONE".

In this verse, the same word ONE used, the Greek, HEN is used, not only to describe Jesus and the Father but to describe Jesus, the Father and eleven of the twelve disciples of Jesus. So here if that implies equality, we have a unique case of 13 Gods.

Jesus speaking to his disciples at the last supper
John 14: 6-9
6. Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

He happened to be the way, truth and Light during his time and that is what every prophets did. They happened to be the way, directing people to God, the truth: representing God by telling the truth so that people believe in God through them and being the Light, serving as perfect example in which followers emulate in getting close to God.

7. If you know me, then you will also know my Father. From now on you do know him and have seen him."
8. Philip said to him, "Master, show us the Father, and that will be enough for us."
9. Jesus replied to him, "Have I been with you for so long a time and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father . How then can you say, 'Show us the Father'?
10. Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on my own. The Father who dwells in me is doing his works.
11. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else, believe because of the works themselves.

Madam, the verses above are welf explanatory. Jesus did not mean that he is God but that through the work he does, people would know God through him and not being God himself.

There are more verses, but I think these are enough, lol, sorry I know it's long, I just want to give you the full picture, I don't like picking and choosing.

Madam, full picture of what please?

Sister, if Holy spirit happens to be the comforter jesus mentioned, how many comforters would we be having since one is already in existence since creation?

Ok I need u to show me historical facts about the Torah being changed. All I keep coming up with are what the muuuslims say. I need another source, to me right now the Qu'ran is not credible.

Sister, is the Torah has not been changed, tampered with, what happened to 66 books of protestant and yours being 73?

We have some books mentioned in the bible but their whereabouts cannot be accounted for?
We have verses present in some versions but missing in others?
If we are saying the Torah is the same, did  God give the book of Genesis down to Micah to Moses and did Moses write his obituary?
Re: Dear Olabowale by Lady2(f): 10:34pm On Apr 19, 2008
@ babs787

I don't like people that posts without backing it up with facts. Suport your allegation with facts and we go from there please.

I have been having this discussion with Olabowale without any tension, so please keep that spirit of tension out.
I never said Muhaaaamad was a false prophet, I asked who's to say they aren't following a false prophet? Don't twist my words.
Like I said if you cannot approach this issue without the spirit of tension, then keep out.

You know that your reply was towards Olabowale's post and not mine right?

But to answer your question. Yes you are to.

What statements did I read you say was penned down by apostles and can you please show me where Jesus said that they should write them down as his words?

Jesus sent them out to proclaim the news.
Luke 9: 1-6
1. He summoned the Twelve and gave them power and authority over all demons and to cure diseases,
2 and he sent them to proclaim the kingdom of God and to heal the sick
3 He said to them "Take nothing for the journey, neither walking stick, nor sacl, nor food, nor money, and let no one take a second tunic
4 Whatever house you enter, stay there and leave from there
5 And as for those who do not welcome you, when you leave that town, shake the dust from your feet in testimony against them"
6 Then they set out and went from village to village proclaiming the good news and curing diseases everywhere.

There are different ways to proclaiming. Ofcourse here it is evident that they used word of mouth, but writing it down will not be out of line. Writing it down made it easier for the news to be carried around. You truly have to know why it is these books were written and you have to know who these books address.
The Gospels were written by the apostles and or those who were with them. They testified to the works and words of Jesus. Included in these are the Acts of the Apostles and it does what the title says, it shows the actions and words of the apostles. Christ showed them the way to the Lord and they in their actions and words brought people to turn from their evil ways and turn to the Lord. The New Testament Letters were written by Paul as he spread the word to the Gentiles to show them the way to God's kingdom. These letters testify to how a christian is to live his/her life pleasing to God. It shows the different scenarios happening in the early church and Paul tells them how to handle situations and live their life pleasing to God. Some of those letters were written specifically to particular churches, but if you read them, you will see that the same issues were happening all over thee churches and that Paul is consistent in his letters (they tend to be redundant).
And then you have the book of revelation which gives account of the end of days.

Who did he pray to?
Why did he say God is greater than him and that God sent him? (Verses on that coming soon and will take you to early christian writing that rejects trinity)

No need to show me I know about these. I already showed proof of Jesus saying that he and the Father are one. I don't see the need to be redundant. You can read my posts.

Yes, he is even known as Christ's beloved disciple.

Now why didnt he say that before Noah he was because we know fully well that Noah and Adam came before Abraham?

Did you forget that he was speaking to the Jews and that the covenant was given to the Jews through Abraham and not Noah. Yes he could very much say that and he probably did. John let us know that there were more things that Jesus said and did, but were not penned down, but enough was penned down so that we may believe.
If you are asking this question are you insinuating that he was before Abraham but not before Noah? He could have clearly said before Adam, but Abraham was enough to show his eternal presence.
Don't counter this with anything having to do with some things were left out, because it was not. You can't honestly tell me that Muhaaaamad's life to every second was penned down. So skip that.

'My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

The above verse came right before 30, and in verse 29 Jesus says the Father is greater than ALL, this obviously includes Jesus since he is not the Father.

Also John 14 v 28: Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I

Jesus also made clear statements that he was sent by God so he couldnt be God himself.
If you are saying that Jesus is God just because he said that Father is in him and he is in the father (he and father are one), what of the verse below:

17v 20-22: "That the ALL may be made ONE. Like thou Father art in me, I in thee, that they may be ONE in us. I in them, they in me, that they may be perfect in ONE".

In this verse, the same word ONE used, the Greek, HEN is used, not only to describe Jesus and the Father but to describe Jesus, the Father and eleven of the twelve disciples of Jesus. So here if that implies equality, we have a unique case of 13 Gods.

This is why you need the spirit to understand.
Ok if you say so then refute the words of Christ that I posted. If you're interpretation of this above passage is true then how then is it that he could be one in the father.

Just so you know, the last verse you quoted does not say that it would be a case of 13 Gods. What part of ONE do you not understand?
Well you seem to be an interpreter, will you please interpret the verses I provided. Please don't beat around the bush give me an interpretation.

He happened to be the way, truth and Light during his time and that is what every prophets did. They happened to be the way, directing people to God, the truth: representing God by telling the truth so that people believe in God through them and being the Light, serving as perfect example in which followers emulate in getting close to God.

Um no, he is eternal. The prophecies about him, not Muhaaaamad says so.

Madam, the verses above are welf explanatory. Jesus did not mean that he is God but that through the work he does, people would know God through him and not being God himself.

Yes he does, he said, whoever has seen me has seen the Father. I am in the Father and he is in me. Don't skip verse 9 and verse 11.What question did he ask him in verse 9.

I gave the full scenario and not just the words that he used.

Sister, if Holy spirit happens to be the comforter jesus mentioned, how many comforters would we be having since one is already in existence since creation?

Once again you're replying to Olabowale's post not mine.
But to answer your question, only One. The one that has always been. Must everything be seen in the physical? For you to believe. If so why do you believe in God. Have you seen him? The Spirit is just that, a Spirit, not a physical.

Sister, is the Torah has not been changed, tampered with, what happened to 66 books of protestant and yours being 73?

We have some books mentioned in the bible but their whereabouts cannot be accounted for?
If we are saying the Torah is the same, did  God give the book of Genesis down to Micah to Moses and did Moses write his obituary?

I am not speaking about the Protestants, I am speaking about the Bible, as it is unchanged. Take that up with a Protestant.

Ok since you seem to know the answers why don't you tell us then. I am seriously waiting. Then you will receive my answer.

One more thing, DO NOT, and I repeat, DO NOT approach me as you do others here. Not all Christians are true and not all actually live up to the word. I started having this discussion with Olabowale because I truly want to understand the muuuuslims, so keep your rude attitude to yourself. I am not here to attack Islaaaam.
Re: Dear Olabowale by babs787(m): 7:14pm On Apr 20, 2008
@Lady

I have been having this discussion with Olabowale without any tension, so please keep that spirit of tension out.

Did you see any tension in my post?

I never said Muhaaaamad was a false prophet, I asked who's to say they aren't following a false prophet? Don't twist my words.

ok

Like I said if you cannot approach this issue without the spirit of tension, then keep out.

Where did you see that in my post?

But to answer your question. Yes you are to.

Thanks for the response. If you we are to take the account of the gospellers as that of Jesus, how come they are contradicting each other and do we say the four gospellers witnessed him minstry?
(Your response will detemine my giving you bit by bit account of the four gospellers and their sayings that show that they never witnessed his ministry)

Jesus sent them out to proclaim the news.
Luke 9: 1-6
1. He summoned the Twelve and gave them power and authority over all demons and to cure diseases,
2 and he sent them to proclaim the kingdom of God a[b]nd to heal the sick[/b]
3 He said to them "Take nothing for the journey, neither walking stick, nor sacl, nor food, nor money, and let no one take a second tunic
4 Whatever house you enter, stay there and leave from there
5 And as for those who do not welcome you, when you leave that town, shake the dust from your feet in testimony against them"
6 Then they set out and went from village to village proclaiming the good news and curing diseases everywhere.

Do you have it anywhere in the bible where they performed miracles, heal the sick, cure diseases and eat poison without being affected?

There are different ways to proclaiming. Ofcourse here it is evident that they used word of mouth, but writing it down will not be out of line. Writing it down made it easier for the news to be carried around. You truly have to know why it is these books were written and you have to know who these books address.

Your above post did not in any way answer my question. I asked you to provide where Jesus told them to write the message down but all you could provide me were verses where Jesus gave them instruction to preach, heal cure etc.

Now, we all know that God gave Jesus a revelation and not four revelations, so where is the gospel of Jesus and the one he preached with because he made it known to us that he came to preach the gospel.

The Gospels were written by the apostles and or those who were with them.

Which of the two are you taking please? Were they written by apostles or those with them? I want to serve you something to show that they never witnessed his ministry but collected the story from hearsay and will still let you know as we proceed that the original message given to Jesus is lost and the bible you now carry today is being compiled by pagans.

They testified to the works and words of Jesus. Included in these are the Acts of the Apostles and it does what the title says, it shows the actions and words of the apostles.

Sister, please do not let us go into that of paul which you rate so much and will give his sayings that contradicted that of Jesus. He brought message for the gentiles and had to change everything Jesus preached to suite that of Gentiles.

Christ showed them the way to the Lord and they in their actions and words brought people to turn from their evil ways and turn to the Lord. The New Testament Letters were written by Paul as he spread the word to the Gentiles to show them the way to God's kingdom.

All the letters were not written by Paul alone but by some people again. You also admitted that the letters were written by Paul and please are those letters supposed to be part of the bible? Mus lims too have the sayings of leaders, apostles, sayings of The Great Prophet (saw) which are written in separate book and not in the Great Book.

These letters testify to how a christian is to live his/her life pleasing to God.

You are right but mind you, Jesus never knew anything called christianity during his time and the words was first used by pagan before being accepted by all.

It shows the different scenarios happening in the early church and Paul tells them how to handle situations and live their life pleasing to God.

Sister, are you aware that he went against Jesus' teaching and contradicted himself on his way to damascus when he claimed to have seen/heard Jesus' voice.

Some of those letters were written specifically to particular churches, but if you read them, you will see that the same issues were happening all over thee churches and that Paul is consistent in his letters (they tend to be redundant).

I am not disputing the fact that he sent letters out but what I am interested in is that the letters shouldnt have been part of the bible and bible should be words of God only and any other addition, subtraction from apostles etc should have been in a separate book just like great ones have the hadith etc.

And then you have the book of revelation which gives account of the end of days.

I don't believe in that revelation that is not consistent with the end of days. John claimed that Jesus/showed it to him in the dream and shouldbnt be taken seriously and part from that, we have issues therein in which by the time we dig deep into that book of revelation, you would never be proud of it again. There are contradictory, fictitious stories therein and if you care, we can treat the book of revelation separately

Who did he pray to?

No need to show me I know about these. I already showed proof of Jesus saying that he and the Father are one. I don't see the need to be redundant. You can read my posts.

I am not being redundant but after the truth. You believe that Jesus is God because he said He and fathere are one and if we to use that as the reason for his being God, then go through the verse below which I showed you earlier:

John 17v 20-22: "That the ALL may be made ONE. Like thou Father art in me, I in thee, that they may be ONE in us. I in them, they in me, that they may be perfect in ONE".

If Jesus could be God because he and father are on,e what about Jesus making another statement that they all be made one in the above verse? Do we say they are God too as a result of that statement?

Also from your bible (Catholic bible):

John 17 v 20:And not for them only do I pray, but for them also who through their word shall believe in me.
21 That they all may be one, as thou, Father, in me, and I in thee; that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22 And the glory which thou hast given me, I have given to them: that, they may be one, as we also are one.
23 I in them, and thou in me: that they may be made perfect in one: and the world may know that thou hast sent me and hast loved them, as thou hast also loved me.
24 Father, I will that where I am, they also whom thou hast given me may be with me: that they may see my glory which thou hast given me, because thou hast loved me before the creation of the world.
25 Just Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee. And these have known that thou hast sent me.

From your bible above, Jesus made it known that he was sent and for someone to have sent another person, it means that that individual is superior to the one being sent.

From NAB (New American Bible)

John 17 v 20:"I pray not only for them, but also for those who will believe in me through their word,

21: so that they may all be one, as you, Father, are in me and I in you, that they also may be in us, that the world may believe that you sent me.

22: And I have given them the glory you gave me, so that they may be one, as we are one,

23: I in them and you in me, that they may be brought to perfection as one, that the world may know that you sent me, and that you loved them even as you loved me.

25: Righteous Father, the world also does not know you, but I know you, and they know that you sent me.

The above verses are self explanatory, showing that God is superior to Jesus and He sent him.

Yes, he is even known as Christ's beloved disciple.

Thanks very much. As we proceed, we will digress into all  the books accorded to John and see if the author really happened to be the disciple of Jesus.

Did you forget that he was speaking to the Jews and that the covenant was given to the Jews through Abraham and not Noah. Yes he could very much say that and he probably did.

You did not get me. I am not that particular about the covenant being given through Abraham but your saying that that Jesus existed before the creation of things or when God started creation and if that happens to be, he would have said that he is older than Adam who happened to be the first creation.

John let us know that there were more things that Jesus said and did, but were not penned down, but enough was penned down so that we may believe.

Sister, go through the statement of John again and you would see that he said that so that you may believe his words. Another thing to look out for is that , out of all the gospellers, it is only John that accorded 'the only begotten son' to Jesus while others did not.

If his deeds, sayings were not all penned down, where do you think the reaming would have been and don't you think the bible is incomplete for saying that they did not pen down all his actions and sayings? John said that so that you may believe in him words.

If you are asking this question are you insinuating that he was before Abraham but not before Noah? He could have clearly said before Adam, but Abraham was enough to show his eternal presence.

Sister, I am not insinuating that but I smell foul therein. Christians claim that Jesus exist since creation and there is nowhere he made that statement. You (christians) also claim that Jesus is Gid and there is nowhere in the bible Jesus said that I AM GOD but he made statements showing that God is superior to him.

Don't counter this with anything having to do with some things were left out, because it was not. You can't honestly tell me that Muhaaaamad's life to every second was penned down. So skip that.

Good, his life might have not been penned down but what I am letting you know is that since the bible is the word of God, it should contain everything and shouldnt leave out anything. The Qura n is the word of God, we have hadith that contain sayings of the prophet, we have books containing doings of the prophets etc and all these are written in separate books by scholars etc which form not part of the The Great Book but written separately and I think that is how the bible should have been in the first place.

This is why you need the spirit to understand.
Ok if you say so then refute the words of Christ that I posted. If you're interpretation of this above passage is true then how then is it that he could be one in the father.

I have not refuted his saying but letting you know that if Jesus could be God just because he said he and the father are one, what of the verse he said that he and the disciples are would be one?

John 17v 20-22: "That the ALL may be made ONE. Like thou Father art in me, I in thee, that they may be ONE in us. I in them, they in me, that they may be perfect in ONE".

Jesus did not mean that he is God but he and God will be one in the sense that people see God in him through his deeds, sayings etc because he was God's representative and people must go through him to know about God. He happened to be one with Father doing what God asked and sent him to do and not going against His will.

Just so you know, the last verse you quoted does not say that it would be a case of 13 Gods. What part of ONE do you not understand?

Read above post please.

Well you seem to be an interpreter, will you please interpret the verses I provided. Please don't beat around the bush give me an interpretation.

Sister, I am not an interpreter but the verse is very straight and needs no beating around the bush and looking for what is not lost. If the verse you supplied meant that Jesus is God, what about the verse I gave to you from the book of John?

Um no, he is eternal. The prophecies about him, not Muhaaaamad says so.

I think I like you but that doesnt mean we mustnt be truthful in what we preach and do. In what way is he eternal and what prophecies are you referring to. He did what God sent him just like the other prophets too. Maybe you can give me part of those prophecies and we examine them. I don't want to go much into Jesus' topic because some christians say I deride him despite the fact I give them verses supporting my posts from the bible. He is my prophet as well but he was neither killed nor crucified for you. His similitude is that of Adam that was created and God said 'be' and it was. His miracles are not that spectacular, prophets and messengers before him did similar miracles.

Yes he does, he said, whoever has seen me has seen the Father. I am in the Father and he is in me. Don't skip verse 9 and verse 11.What question did he ask him in verse 9

Yes he made that statement but he only meant that he represents God and whoever sees him has seen the father through what he does, preaches and he made statements that God sent him and God is greater than him, so what further evident do you need to show that God is superior to him and I can even start giving you verses where he said that God is above him.

I gave the full scenario and not just the words that he used.

Still can't conprehend.

But to answer your question, only One. The one that has always been. Must everything be seen in the physical? For you to believe. If so why do you believe in God. Have you seen him? The Spirit is just that, a Spirit, not a physical.

I am not saying that everything must be seen physically before I would believe. I asked that question because christians say that Jesus referred to Holy spirit and we all know that Holy spirit has been in existence since creation. For Jesus to have said another comforter, it means that the comforter would be like him (human being with the same kind of work). We cannot accept that Jesus referred to Holy spirit because the comforter to come would be a new being that has never come before and would be like Jesus and we all know that Holy spirit has been since creation, so another comforter couldnt have been another holy spirit.

Sister, if the Torah has not been changed, tampered with, what happened to 66 books of protestant and yours being 73?

If we are saying the Torah is the same, did  God give the book of Genesis down to Micah to Moses and did Moses write his obituary
?

I am not speaking about the Protestants, I am speaking about the Bible, as it is unchanged. Take that up with a Protestant.

Part of my question still goes to you as a christian that uses the bible.

Ok since you seem to know the answers why don't you tell us then. I am seriously waiting. Then you will receive my answer.

I asked you first and your response would determine my coming in.

One more thing, DO NOT, and I repeat, DO NOT approach me as you do others here. Not all Christians are true and not all actually live up to the word. I started having this discussion with Olabowale because I truly want to understand the muuuuslims, so keep your rude attitude to yourself. I am not here to attack Islaaaam.

Sister, calm down. Be honest to yourself, in what way have I responded to christians? I am not attacking your religion but letting you know the truth about what they have been saying all these while and if you are willing, we can take up the topics one at a time and we discuss. Besides, I dont post in threads that do not concern me. I believe in one love and we can all live togther happily regardless of our religious background.I only respond to some based on the way they have been doing. I was a christian and have christian friends in which we play, talk and relate very well but came to Nairaland when I read offensive/rude approach made by christians towards my God, prophet and religion.God did not give two prophets two different religion/message but people along the line tampered with the original message and divide the religion into sects. I am sorry if I have sounded insultive but you shouldnt typed in the way you did. We are still brother and sister regardless of our differences. I am truly very sorry cheesy if you had misunderstood me.

Shalom
Re: Dear Olabowale by babs787(m): 8:02pm On Apr 21, 2008
@Lady

Please ignore my post and continue with olabowale. I respect people's view and dislike when people are having bad perception of me.

Peace and may God be with you in all your endeavors.
Re: Dear Olabowale by Lady2(f): 8:08pm On Apr 21, 2008
@babs787

I am ignoring anything with Islaaaam. When I try to learn and ask questions, my posts get deleted because it is deemed offensive, but when the same questions are posed about my faith, it is not deleted and I in delight answer them. It is unfair.

I am not happy, because it shows hypocricy. If I am searching for truth, why can't my questions be answered? I answer anyone's questions.

Peace be with you and May God be with you always.
Re: Dear Olabowale by babs787(m): 8:21pm On Apr 21, 2008
@Lady

Thanks very much for the post but I think one should ask question if one does not understand one or two things about another's faith but I do not know why it is always deleted.

Thanks very much

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anathemas By Mary Ann Collins (A Former Catholic Nun) : Read Carefully Everyone / WOW!! The Skull Of Goliath Discovered By German Archeologist (see Photos) / How Pastor Nearly Killed 7months Pregnant Woman: What Happened To The Unborn Bab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 234
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.