Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,257 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) (34964 Views)

7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) / Woman & Her 2 Kids In Accident In Gombe (Pics) / How Roads Are Named; The Difference Between An Ave, St, Ln, Dr, Way, Blvd Etc. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 30, 2013
D governor must be nigerian version of obama not mandela o cox mandela dey live for umuahia
Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by ignis: 2:26pm On Jan 30, 2013
Nice one.
I think the roads are good and neat because of the low population, which implies low pressure on roads.
Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by patanjaly: 2:35pm On Jan 30, 2013
Who de yarn say bauchi now pass gombe goods roads? Guy just add 52 roads plus four dualize roads on top of what goje did(cut c dankwambo). Yuguda 4 the past 6 years had not constructed 5 good roads for bauchi. I knew both states like d back of my hand.
Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by Gombs(m): 2:35pm On Jan 30, 2013
How much were u paid?....

Campaign for 2015 sha,carry on
Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by Ranoscky(m): 2:35pm On Jan 30, 2013
Ok.
Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jan 30, 2013
Now I see why they escape so easily using bikes...roads are so smooth and free grin bad belly
Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by TonySpike: 2:58pm On Jan 30, 2013
Is Nigeria population indeed up to the projected 160 million?

-----This was the difficult question my Kenyan friend asked me last week. He couldn't logically fathom why a country as moderately small as Nigeria (in land mass) can cram up to 160 million peoples at a go. I guess these pictures are admirable answers to his incisive question.

1 Like

Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by Lolalammy: 3:15pm On Jan 30, 2013
Gombe is a very beautiful state,I know this because I did my youth service there @ Govt Girls college,Doma in d outskirt of the state capital.I most confess it has one of d best road network in Nigeria.
Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by Americanvisa: 3:35pm On Jan 30, 2013
they use their money because no much population
Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by 1Dray(m): 3:40pm On Jan 30, 2013
Op, can you please post Hurumin Da'o and Angwan Biliri roads?
Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by patanjaly: 3:42pm On Jan 30, 2013
Gombe 5 star hotel underconstruction (3 yeas ago) now its complete.

Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by HAH: 3:47pm On Jan 30, 2013
Those saying that there is low population let me give you a simple logic on population density:

When you take 1 million people and put into ebonyi they will be densely populated cos of the small land mass now if you take those same 1 million people to Gombe they will be sparsely populated due to the fact that Gombe is like 5 times ebonyi.

#simplelogic

4 Likes

Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by patanjaly: 3:49pm On Jan 30, 2013
Took it on phone not clear

Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by micheall36: 3:54pm On Jan 30, 2013
Did any one notice that all u see is good road big land mass but no population, wonder why they say north has too much people than other part of the country, this pic says a lot about North human population.

By the way North has good road.
Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by patanjaly: 3:55pm On Jan 30, 2013
Emir of gombe palace worthy of a king

Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by patanjaly: 3:58pm On Jan 30, 2013
Part of d palace still under construction

Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by patanjaly: 4:02pm On Jan 30, 2013
Part of d palace still

Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by patanjaly: 4:07pm On Jan 30, 2013
Emir of Gombe in his chamber.

Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by Valiantvaliant(m): 4:08pm On Jan 30, 2013
outrage:
ATBU abi poly?
the former.
Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by JNdupu: 4:13pm On Jan 30, 2013
I lived there briefly as an infant but Gombe seems to have developed into a nice, laid-back sub-saharan town. The kind of place you can chill out far from the maddening crowds. A thousand curses on Boko Haram!!

To the OP, thank you. Pictures like these is why I will always embrace "Nigeria". From Sokoto to Calabar, Badagry to Maiduguri ... it's my country.

I enjoy these brief glimpse into various aspects of Nigerian life, knowing I can visit, when I want to. Unity in diversity indeed but God forbid, if the ethno-warriors have their ways, na to begin queue for visa be dat!

3 Likes

Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by vitality22(m): 4:27pm On Jan 30, 2013
Thanks OP, I wish i could get anybody from Minna Niger state to post this kindda pictures. I really want to see how Minna looks like now. I was born and bred there.
Any nairalander from MINNA? please do this for us
Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by Chongaiman: 4:40pm On Jan 30, 2013
Tony Spike: Is Nigeria population indeed up to the projected 160 million?

-----This was the difficult question my Kenyan friend asked me last week. He couldn't logically fathom why a country as moderately small as Nigeria (in land mass) can cram up to 160 million peoples at a go. I guess these pictures are admirable answers to his incisive question.

To get a simple answer, your Kenyan friend could check up the populations and geography of Bangladesh and Java in Asia. Closer home, he could compare Rwanda's population density with that of 9ja.
Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by SkyRider1(m): 5:51pm On Jan 30, 2013
Yea Op just posted exactly what i saw few days ago as i passed through Gombe (capital )The scene got worse as you move away。I passed a night in one town or is local govt called CHAM, there was no water, imagine in this age they drink from a dirty pond。we could not even buy food。thats the irony of structural development minus human development [/color][color=#000099]
Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by nagoma(m): 5:54pm On Jan 30, 2013
76Naira: Good work so far. However, most of the roads lack an edge barrier. This means drivers are not protected from the gutters especially at intersections.
Nigerian projects hardly show complete regard for safety.

I agree with you about protection from gutters but we normally drive where there are no gutters at all . Sometime even no roads!

2 Likes

Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 30, 2013
Justicemy: TA. Orji and Martin Elechi nd some oda gov shuld go and learn frm dis governor
Include Uduaghan of Delta state.Money miss road state
Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 30, 2013
Useless Uduaghan cannot see this.I bet you give Uduaghan 12 years he cannot do anything near this irrespective of the money Delta state have.His end is drawing near cos if EFCC does not pick him atleast death by natural cause will be waiting for him
Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by usm537: 6:14pm On Jan 30, 2013

Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by specialguest(f): 6:14pm On Jan 30, 2013
Great work op.. But can u tell me why the Emir"s palace is still under contruction? That palace seems never to get completed. What baffles is that when I used to visit Gombe for holidays as a kid I realised that each time I was there the palace kept growing bigger to the extent that almost all the houses surrounding the palace have been demolished and the land has been used to extend the palace.. 15 years on and the palace is still under construction!
I won't be suprised if by 2012 the palace would occupy 50percent of the land in Gombe.
By the way I haven't been to Gombe in 10years but I might be travelling down next week for some work.. So if u live there and u can offer to show me around kindly send me a pm. Thankx
Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by dayokanu(m): 6:28pm On Jan 30, 2013
Gombe a gbe wa oo
Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by salt1: 6:36pm On Jan 30, 2013
more roads and buildings, FEWER PEOPLE!

where are the people?
Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 30, 2013
UNTIL WE START REJECTING MEDIOCRITY IN THIS COUNTRY, WE WILL CONTINUE TO BE A LAUGHING STOCK IN THIS WORLD.

LOOK AT THE LOUSY ''ROADS'' THIS IGNORAMUS OF A GOVERNOR IS BUILDING AND PEOPLE ARE HEAPING PRAISE ON HIM?

I MEAN, ARE NAIRALANDERS SO UNINFORMED THAT THEY DON'T KNOW HOW ROADS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE BUILT?

WHAT ARE THOSE OPEN GUTTERS DOING ALL OVER THE ''NEW ROADS''?

WHERE ARE THE PEDESTRIAN SIDEWALKS?

HOW CAN YOU BUILD A ROAD WITHOUT A SIDEWALK?

WHY CAN'T HE COVER THE DRAINAGE WITH A SIDEWALK AS IS DONE IN EVERY OTHER COUNTRY ON EARTH APART FROM NIGERIA??

HAS THE GOVERNOR EVER SEEN AN OPEN GUTTER IN ALL HIS TRAVELS ABROAD?

SO WHY IS HE BUILDING SUCH BACKWARD GARBAGE IN NIGERIA?

1 Like

Re: Gombe State Roads And Other Structures (pictures) by outrage: 7:00pm On Jan 30, 2013
Valiantvaliant: the former.
My fellow belewite. I hail!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Canada Plans Record Immigration Targets Amid Labour Crunch / My Travails, My Exodus and Life in the U.S / Many Injured As BRT Buses Collide In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.