Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,960 members, 7,814,248 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Domestic Airfares Drop By 50% As Competition Heightens - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Domestic Airfares Drop By 50% As Competition Heightens (12825 Views)

NCAA: Arbitrary Increase Of Airfares / Local Airlines Raise Fares By 50% / Aero Slashes Domestic Air Fare To N7, 000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domestic Airfares Drop By 50% As Competition Heightens by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 30, 2013
Donmams: 99% of Nairalanders I have never seen the four walls of an airport. Who cares how much prices have crashed? Mttssew! Next thread!

Fixed.

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Airfares Drop By 50% As Competition Heightens by efelusi(m): 4:40pm On Jan 30, 2013
Scarpon: true to good I no fit enter aeroplane even n.a. 5 naira.YOLO

lol! Why na?
Re: Domestic Airfares Drop By 50% As Competition Heightens by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 30, 2013
grin
begwong:
Have you tried boarding EkeneDiliChukwu lately!
cheesy abeg don't kill me with laughter
Re: Domestic Airfares Drop By 50% As Competition Heightens by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 30, 2013
Good radiance.
The last time I went to lagos from far north it was about 59k, Arik air don hammer 4 naija. Thank God
Re: Domestic Airfares Drop By 50% As Competition Heightens by anishe(m): 4:58pm On Jan 30, 2013
Donmams: 99% of Nairalanders have never seen the four walls of an airport. Who cares how much prices have crashed? Mttssew! Next thread!

How old are you?

1 Like

Re: Domestic Airfares Drop By 50% As Competition Heightens by SamMilla1(m): 5:05pm On Jan 30, 2013
God is Good Motors Charge 2500 from Asaba to Lagos. The best news about it is that i will be on the ground not air. If God wanted us to fly, He would have given us wings.

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Airfares Drop By 50% As Competition Heightens by VellyG(m): 5:09pm On Jan 30, 2013
The same Med view that almost crashed last weekend.just 2months of operation and it already has an incident of failed engine.
Re: Domestic Airfares Drop By 50% As Competition Heightens by Cruxxy(m): 5:17pm On Jan 30, 2013
feyiona:

Dana's operating license has been revoked again

Radio without battery

1 Like

Re: Domestic Airfares Drop By 50% As Competition Heightens by Cruxxy(m): 5:17pm On Jan 30, 2013
feyiona:

Dana's operating license has been revoked again

Who told you? Radio without battery

1 Like

Re: Domestic Airfares Drop By 50% As Competition Heightens by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 30, 2013
doctokwus:
There is a diff btw one way& return tickets.D fares quoted above are for 1way fares

regardkess of the number of stops air fares are charged at the rate of singular travel/journey in nigeria. There are no concessions/discounts for block travel
Re: Domestic Airfares Drop By 50% As Competition Heightens by FXKing2012(m): 5:38pm On Jan 30, 2013
Another good news coming out of Nigeria and yet another achievement of GEJ.
All the Jonathan haters who say nothing good can come out of Nigeria under Jonathan should cover their faces with their hands!
Re: Domestic Airfares Drop By 50% As Competition Heightens by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 30, 2013
asids55: they just made the route to death cheap
Speak for urself
Re: Domestic Airfares Drop By 50% As Competition Heightens by slimfit1(m): 5:57pm On Jan 30, 2013
mrkels: Lord knows I hate Arik air and their over priced services. Nonesence thieves exploiting nigerians. I pity people who feel flying arik is a thing of class.
Hope the prices come down futher so that even ssecondary school students would be frequent flyers like it is in other developed countries. I also hope they kill this high airfare prices by installing a standardized rail way system which covers the whole country. I ll like to tell arik air "in your face" someday when this railway dream is actualised in nigeria...

Please next time don't come out with sensitive and classified information like that until the project is 95% complete, you no president jo is very weak these people can delay the completion day to another decade there kids are in here as well to extra information. Please don't do it again thank.
Re: Domestic Airfares Drop By 50% As Competition Heightens by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 30, 2013
To my surprise I booked online within four days notice of my travel last xmas season and was charged a little above N18,000 although I ended up paying a little above N19,000. I traveled from Abuja to Portharcourt. Therefore I dont see any difference here! By-the-way I used Aero contractors.
Re: Domestic Airfares Drop By 50% As Competition Heightens by slimfit1(m): 6:05pm On Jan 30, 2013
FXKing2012: Another good news coming out of Nigeria and yet another achievement of GEJ.
All the Jonathan haters who say nothing good can come out of Nigeria under Jonathan should cover their faces with their hands!

As the head of the haters which I assume the position by fire by force, I would like to say we are waiting to see what would come out of it all too early to start making noice at the moment and that's a cheap point just to think about it. There are still thousands of people that are jobless, tell him to focus on that.
Re: Domestic Airfares Drop By 50% As Competition Heightens by drealnamdy(m): 6:07pm On Jan 30, 2013
slim fit :

Please next time don't come out with sensitive and classified information like that until the project is 95% complete, you no president jo is very weak these people can delay the completion day to another decade there kids are in here as well to extra information. Please don't do it again thank.

I personally do not seee find anytin wrong wth what he just explained...and besides its bein on the news on the ongoin project of construction and establishment of our railway lines..there is nuffin classified about it
Its also a gud move on 50% slashing of the airfares since Arik air has made hiked der fares soo high that an ordinary Nigerian can not afford..this is a gud move to encourage competition and increase supply

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Airfares Drop By 50% As Competition Heightens by drealnamdy(m): 6:07pm On Jan 30, 2013
slim fit :

I personally do not find anytin wrong wth what he just explained...and besides its bein on the news on the ongoin project of construction and establishment of our railway lines..there is nuffin classified about it
Its also a gud move on 50% slashing of the airfares since Arik air has made hiked der fares soo high that an ordinary Nigerian can not afford..this is a gud move to encourage competition and increase supply
Re: Domestic Airfares Drop By 50% As Competition Heightens by drealnamdy(m): 6:08pm On Jan 30, 2013
slim fit :

I personally do not find anytin wrong wth what he just explained...and besides its bein on the news on the ongoin project of construction and establishment of our railway lines..there is nuffin classified about it
Its also a gud move on d 50% slashing of the airfares since Arik air has hiked der fares soo high that an ordinary Nigerian can not afford..this is a gud move to encourage competition and increase supply
Re: Domestic Airfares Drop By 50% As Competition Heightens by Ekowise(m): 6:28pm On Jan 30, 2013
Sorri oooo... I need to ask, does all these money mentioned here covers also the RETURN TICKET?
Who dey ask question no dey miss road ooooooooo.
Re: Domestic Airfares Drop By 50% As Competition Heightens by FXKing2012(m): 6:43pm On Jan 30, 2013
slim fit :
There are still thousands of people that are jobless, tell him to focus on that.
There are thousands of jobless people in every country of the world...and poverty can never be wiped out as stated in the Bible.
Stop being overly pessimistic and try to support progress when you see one.

1 Like

Re: Domestic Airfares Drop By 50% As Competition Heightens by Orikinla(m): 7:15pm On Jan 30, 2013
The best local airline is yet to come.

1 Like

Re: Domestic Airfares Drop By 50% As Competition Heightens by nicefeeling: 7:21pm On Jan 30, 2013
mrkels: Lord knows I hate Arik air and their over priced services. Nonesence thieves exploiting nigerians. I pity people who feel flying arik is a thing of class.
Hope the prices come down futher so that even ssecondary school students would be frequent flyers like it is in other developed countries. I also hope they kill this high airfare prices by installing a standardized rail way system which covers the whole country. I ll like to tell arik air "in your face" someday when this railway dream is actualised in nigeria...

U really took d words outta my mouth, to think I took a flight with Arik from kaduna to lagos coz of its acclaimed class as opposed to Aero only to find out it was just an overhyped airline, the hostesses were just not friendly and they kept talking thru their noses as if nah Int'l Airline I board! undecided
Re: Domestic Airfares Drop By 50% As Competition Heightens by AroOkigbo(m): 7:26pm On Jan 30, 2013
Ada Nri1: I still insist Dana air should not have been given back their licence till they fully settle all the victims of that crash and find out the real cause of the same fatal crash
The VICTIMS can never be settled, least fully.
Or you meant the RELATIVES OF THE VICTIMS?
Re: Domestic Airfares Drop By 50% As Competition Heightens by dnawah(m): 7:33pm On Jan 30, 2013
Na wa o!flight ticket dat used to be #250 those days(4rm lag 2 ph)things don spoil o!;-(

1 Like

Re: Domestic Airfares Drop By 50% As Competition Heightens by RICHIEBOI1(m): 7:35pm On Jan 30, 2013
I think for now the cheapest airline is med-view airline. I flew with them recently cos I booked ahead of my travel date and paid 14,000 naira for my ticket and they have the best inflight services. They are not new in Nigeria like somebody said. Just have been carrying pilgrims for all this hajj trips. They just started local flights recently. wink
Re: Domestic Airfares Drop By 50% As Competition Heightens by bedford101(m): 7:37pm On Jan 30, 2013
grin grin grin grin so me too can now fly grin grin grin grin their ear well well
Re: Domestic Airfares Drop By 50% As Competition Heightens by nicefeeling: 7:39pm On Jan 30, 2013
Ekowise: Sorri oooo... I need to ask, does all these money mentioned here covers also the RETURN TICKET?
Who dey ask question no dey miss road ooooooooo.

For where? Its one-way trip not return o. To fink there was a time I fly as low as 5-7k on Aero contractors although its via online booking. Now, na to travel via Agofure, Ekele dili Chukwu, ABC line, Chisco or wateva! grin wink
Re: Domestic Airfares Drop By 50% As Competition Heightens by iykmora(m): 7:41pm On Jan 30, 2013
how can someone that has his brain intact quote the full article just to type

so..........
Re: Domestic Airfares Drop By 50% As Competition Heightens by Yinkay: 7:58pm On Jan 30, 2013
more of price crash not plane crash
Re: Domestic Airfares Drop By 50% As Competition Heightens by Rocktation(f): 8:18pm On Jan 30, 2013

True that. I wonder what other carriers must be like, since arik doesn't slack in lawding it over its patronizers. Classy my heine. Tsk!
Re: Domestic Airfares Drop By 50% As Competition Heightens by otokx(m): 9:04pm On Jan 30, 2013
lies, 50% means what? 19k to Abuja from Phc and that is 1 way.
Re: Domestic Airfares Drop By 50% As Competition Heightens by Rocktation(f): 10:50pm On Jan 30, 2013
^^Actually, I confirmed that it's true. A friend boarded Dana a few days back, from Abj to Lag at 12k. Contrasting the usual 30-35k...way more than 50%.
But then, they have every reason to be more desperate for attention than the others. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Advice On Visa Appeal / Overstaying In The US On A B1/B2 Visiting Visa..is It Advisable / Colours Of Nigerian Taxis [pictures]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.