Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

The Queen Of Heaven - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Queen Of Heaven (6842 Views)

Queen Of England Invites Pastor J.T.Bandele To Special Event At Her Palace (Pic) / A Vision Of Heaven And Hell / Queen Of Sheba Took Off At The Arrival Of Bishop Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Queen Of Heaven by truthislight: 3:17pm On Feb 11, 2013
Ubenedictus: u shuld learn some manners and stop d name calling, all my answers were spot on!

whatever you say.

Abi no be so?
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by Lovethywilbedon: 3:27pm On Feb 11, 2013
italo: Let me direct you to www.catholic.com

They have answers to all you questions there. Just type in key words to their search bar.

Another good one is www.scripturecatholic.com

If you want to know about the Catholic Church, whom do you go to? The Catholic Church or its enemies?

If I want to know about your family, whom do I go to? Your family or its enemies?

Listen to us for once!
May God bless you *Italo* [My Biggest Nairaland Catholic Brother] for posting these two sites, most especialy the last one www.sripturecatholic.com Honestly I know of many catholic websites but I am just seing this, for the very first time and it is one of the best. Seconded only by Catholic answers and Ewtn. Haven gone through some of your post within my short time of becoming a Nairalander, I think you will serve God best as a Catholic Priest, ie I am recommending you for Catholic Priesthood. That is if you are not or in the process of becoming one already.
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by Lovethywilbedon: 4:28pm On Feb 11, 2013
truthislight:

So in other words, you dont have answers to his questions?

Why are you directing him to a dogmatic one way traffic site?

Why not have a two way discussion with him here?
Na wao!
My friend, get sitted. This shows the level of Pride in you. So you want to tell me that you didn't learn everything you have in your half empty skull from somewhere or someone. Here in Nairaland, we tackle one issue in one thread and a standard smart phone can handle a maximum of 5000 characters. With the number of questions being raise here *italo* will need a minimum of 15threads which will take at least 4 weeks to answer subsequent questions from each thread. Just because you are jobless you think he has that time. So what is wrong in direct him to an Authentic Cathtolic website where he will get the answers to his questions and also learn about the true teachings of the Catholic Church rather than the BLASPHAMOUS POISENOUS POLLUTIONS you PROTESTANTS are spreading on Nairaland against the Catholic Church. By the way, which church do you attend?, you pride yourself as a Christian and arrogance made you think you can answer every question about christianity. Okay, If you are not a COW.ARD just declear with PRIDE in your next post, "that you have the answers to ever question about Christianity", so that I will ask you just few Questions that you can't answer as long as you remain a human being living on this planet called Earth.
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by Lovethywilbedon: 5:03pm On Feb 11, 2013
truthislight:

This were direct questions to RCC, even if you should direct him to your websight, you should atleast attempt the questions he had asked.

Cant others learn from it?

Peace.
I tell you that you are not here to learn anything about the Catholic catholic, considering the fact that you have condemed these wonderful sites even without visiting them. And I know you will never visit them less they dilute you anti-catholic mentality.
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by Ubenedictus(m): 5:14pm On Feb 11, 2013
Lovethywilbedon: I tell you that you are not here to learn anything about the Catholic catholic, considering the fact that you have condemed these wonderful sites even without visiting them. And I know you will never visit them less they dilute you anti-catholic mentality.
interesting, italo where u dey?
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by italo: 6:43pm On Feb 11, 2013
Lovethywilbedon: May God bless you *Italo* [My Biggest Nairaland Catholic Brother] for posting these two sites, most especialy the last one www.sripturecatholic.com Honestly I know of many catholic websites but I am just seing this, for the very first time and it is one of the best. Seconded only by Catholic answers and Ewtn. Haven gone through some of your post within my short time of becoming a Nairalander, I think you will serve God best as a Catholic Priest, ie I am recommending you for Catholic Priesthood. That is if you are not or in the process of becoming one already.

Thanks a lot for the compliments. I'm really humbled. I have been thinking and praying about the issue of discerning my vocation (whether to be a priest or not). I still can't say I've found a clear answer. Sometimes, I think I'm meant for the priesthood, other times, I think I am meant to serve God as a lay person but in a very profound way. God needs men to rise up and be priests but God also needs the lay people as the foot soldiers that will take the gospel to other people in our everyday lives like in our neighbourhoods, in schools, at work places, in the markets etc...these are areas where priests can't easily and effectively reach in today's world. I think that the highest state of being in this world is being a Catholic religious (priest, sister, brother etc) - giving up your life and all the worldly pleasures it offers and doing so for the love of Jesus. However, I think the role of laymen in the life of the Church is often underestimated and even neglected. There is so much that lay people can and should be doing that they are not even aware of...especially in this part of the world. We seem to have abandoned evangelization to the priests alone...and obviously it shouldn't be so. How many lay people sing Catholic songs, write good Catholic books, organize Catholic contemporary events etc. Many of us think our duty is just to go to mass and receive the sacraments. Many people have been misled to believe that only the religious are expected to be holy. We need lay people to tell the world that all are called to be holy...and they can do this by the way they live their lives in the midst of a society that's gone crazy and evil. If a priest says it is wrong to have premarital sex, there's the tendency for people to think "its easy for you to say." But if a lay person says it and practises it in the midst of his friends, it has the power to inspire them in a totally different way. So I sometimes think this is the hole I am called to fill. I am planning to hold Catholic events and also other contemporary means to evengelize Nigerian Catholics first, lapsed and fallen away Catholics and then non-Catholics. I hope my plans sail through this year. This is not to say that I have ruled out becoming a priest. Perhaps you can help by saying a prayer for me.

Pardon me for this epistle, but before I go, I have to say this. I have learnt so much from some other faithful Catholics on nairaland. Chukwudi44 has inspired me to learn more of Church history, Ubenedictus opens my eyes to some parts of scripture I never knew existed, Rich4God strikes my as someone who has just put his trust in the Church even in cases where he hardly understands and your very self... I learn quite a lot about using logic and tact to defend the Catholic faith from you. You guys...and some others also inspire me a lot.
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by Boomark(m): 7:39pm On Feb 11, 2013
Lovethywilbedon: May God bless you *Italo* [My Biggest Nairaland Catholic Brother] for posting these two sites, most especialy the last one www.sripturecatholic.com Honestly I know of many catholic websites but I am just seing this, for the very first time and it is one of the best. Seconded only by Catholic answers and Ewtn. Haven gone through some of your post within my short time of becoming a Nairalander, I think you will serve God best as a Catholic Priest, ie I am recommending you for Catholic Priesthood. That is if you are not or in the process of becoming one already.

Why would you dig a grave and ask my friend to enter? angry Infact you don vex me. grin
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by Ubenedictus(m): 8:44pm On Feb 11, 2013
Boomark:

Why would you dig a grave and ask my friend to enter? angry Infact you don vex me. grin
dat isnt a grave my dear!
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by GiantParrot(m): 9:10pm On Feb 11, 2013
Ubenedictus: On the galileo case a appreciate ur sincerity, my friend truthislight is still throwing trantrums and calling me a liar. that trial wasnt black and white, galileo had a theory he couldnt prove and the church refused to let go of a literal interpretation, under d premise he was judged am sure that none of his judges did anything that would prick their concience. It was d 16th century not d 21 cent.

now, i'll like to correct u, indulgence can be recieved by prayer or/and Good work, e.g studying scriptures for 15min is indulgenced! In d dat time contribution to d building of st peters was indulgence, in essence u recieve an indulgence for contributing whatever amount to d building. That wasnt a sale, it was quite legit morally, d abuse dat happened came from d german papal emmisaries who by their preaching made d whole stuff look material, and refused to teach d people d conditions of recieveing an indulgence. D contributions were later stopped because of d numerous abuse.

Fair enough. Still, I have to point out that Galileo’s trial, the inquisitions and the crusades were unbecoming of the church because they wrongfully portrayed Christianity in an intolerant light. They are suggestive of a very superficial knowledge of scripture and a fundamental flaw in reasoning about certain responsibilities of the church among a significant number of church leaders at the time. Such undertakings are even counterproductive for the church’s mission because those non-believers who got killed forever lost the opportunity to accept the salvation offered by Jesus Christ. Salvation cannot be achieved by forcing confessions on people and threatening them with death or deprivation if they do not believe. Common sense dictates that this should promote dishonest claims to salvation for fear of persecution and oppression. I wonder how they got to ignore Ephesians 2:8-10. There has to be a sincere decision by a sinner to come to salvation. I am not aware of any mandate given to the church by God to persecute those who do not believe. On the contrary, Jesus Christ said that it is the church that would be persecuted. How could they have so easily disregarded Jesus’ command regarding peoples’ refusal to accept Christian teaching?
Mark 6:11: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, it shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the Day of Judgment, than for that city.

Acts 13:50-51: But the Jews stirred up the devout and honourable women, and the chief men of the city, and raised persecution against Paul and Barnabas, and expelled them out of their coasts. But they shook off the dust of their feet against them, and came unto Iconium.

In John 16:1-3, He spoke to His disciples about persecution:
John 16:1-3: These things have I spoken unto you, that you should not be offended. They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time will come, that whosoever kills you will think that he does God a service. And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor Me.

And on Christian warfare:

2 Corinthians 10:3-4: For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds.

In view of the quotations above, it is difficult to resist the temptation to take a good look at the church and some of the “heretics”, and then determine which party fits which profile.
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by viruz007(m): 10:02pm On Feb 11, 2013
Someone mentioned earlier that there are many ways to get to Jesus and one of them is through Mary. R u people so shallow or narrow minded to spew out this particular line?

I hate arguing or insulting people when it comes to discussions about God and the word but you people have take it one step too far. John 14:6 says " Jesus answered, I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the father except through me."

John also writes in 1 John 2:1, " My dear children i write to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the father in our defense- Jesus Christ, the righteous one. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only ours but also for the sins of the whole world"

I have forgotten the passage that says whatever you ask in my name shall be given to you. Mary's name was never mentioned please. You want your prayers answered dial JESUS straight up and he'll go present them before God. I have always prayed in Jesus name and have always had results so i stand tio be corrected that Mary is a way to Jesus because your inferring total crap. She was a mortal, she was married and had children shikena.

my 2 cents #NuffSaid
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by Ubenedictus(m): 10:29pm On Feb 11, 2013
If u noticed, wen u mentioned d inquisition i said i didnt contend that. I donot wish to.
GiantParrot:
Fair enough. Still, I have to point out that Galileo’s trial, the inquisitions and the crusades were unbecoming of the church because they wrongfully portrayed Christianity in an intolerant light. They are suggestive of a very superficial knowledge of scripture and a fundamental flaw in reasoning about certain responsibilities of the church among a significant number of church leaders at the time. Such undertakings are even counterproductive for the church’s mission because those non-believers who got killed forever lost the opportunity to accept the salvation offered by Jesus Christ. Salvation cannot be achieved by forcing confessions on people and threatening them with death or deprivation if they do not believe. Common sense dictates that this should promote dishonest claims to salvation for fear of persecution and oppression. I wonder how they got to ignore Ephesians 2:8-10. There has to be a sincere decision by a sinner to come to salvation. I am not aware of any mandate given to the church by God to persecute those who do not believe. On the contrary, Jesus Christ said that it is the church that would be persecuted. How could they have so easily disregarded Jesus’ command regarding peoples’ refusal to accept Christian teaching?
Mark 6:11: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, it shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the Day of Judgment, than for that city.

Acts 13:50-51: But the Jews stirred up the devout and honourable women, and the chief men of the city, and raised persecution against Paul and Barnabas, and expelled them out of their coasts. But they shook off the dust of their feet against them, and came unto Iconium.

In John 16:1-3, He spoke to His disciples about persecution:
John 16:1-3: These things have I spoken unto you, that you should not be offended. They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time will come, that whosoever kills you will think that he does God a service. And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor Me.

And on Christian warfare:

2 Corinthians 10:3-4: For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds.

In view of the quotations above, it is difficult to resist the temptation to take a good look at the church and some of the “heretics”, and then determine which party fits which profile.
my above statement not withstanding, i'll like to mention a few points as regards d crusades. Much of The crusades were about self-defense against an invading muslim army and in those cases, i clearly believe the christians have a right to defend themselve from military invasion and force religion. Ever asked urself how most of d places preached to by d apostle became muslim nations? I believe i have a right to defend myself, and if i was in d popes condition after seeing what happened to jerusalam and constatinople i would have absolutely zero scrupple in calling a crusade. And much of christedom today holds it existence to d said "crusades".
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by Ubenedictus(m): 10:33pm On Feb 11, 2013
viruz007: Someone mentioned earlier that there are many ways to get to Jesus and one of them is through Mary. R u people so shallow or narrow minded to spew out this particular line?

I hate arguing or insulting people when it comes to discussions about God and the word but you people have take it one step too far. John 14:6 says " Jesus answered, I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the father except through me."

John also writes in 1 John 2:1, " My dear children i write to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the father in our defense- Jesus Christ, the righteous one. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only ours but also for the sins of the whole world"

I have forgotten the passage that says whatever you ask in my name shall be given to you. Mary's name was never mentioned please. You want your prayers answered dial JESUS straight up and he'll go present them before God. I have always prayed in Jesus name and have always had results so i stand tio be corrected that Mary is a way to Jesus because your inferring total crap. She was a mortal, she was married and had children shikena.

my 2 cents #NuffSaid
truly worth just 2 cents, ur insult may even decrease d value to one cent.
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by viruz007(m): 12:53am On Feb 12, 2013
Ubenedictus: truly worth just 2 cents, ur insult may even decrease d value to one cent.

Ogbeni answer me or move on to the next thread.. we r here discussing matters dat affect our faith and I had to speak that way because we r in an era where information is easily available including the bible but you think you can just come and spew out what you think is right? Prove to me praying to mary is in the bible and I'll pray to her else..... Next thread plz.

2 Likes

Re: The Queen Of Heaven by Lovethywilbedon: 2:58pm On Feb 12, 2013
italo:

Thanks a lot for the compliments. I'm really humbled. I have been thinking and praying about the issue of discerning my vocation (whether to be a priest or not). I still can't say I've found a clear answer. Sometimes, I think I'm meant for the priesthood, other times, I think I am meant to serve God as a lay person but in a very profound way. God needs men to rise up and be priests but God also needs the lay people as the foot soldiers that will take the gospel to other people in our everyday lives like in our neighbourhoods, in schools, at work places, in the markets etc...these are areas where priests can't easily and effectively reach in today's world. I think that the highest state of being in this world is being a Catholic religious (priest, sister, brother etc) - giving up your life and all the worldly pleasures it offers and doing so for the love of Jesus. However, I think the role of laymen in the life of the Church is often underestimated and even neglected. There is so much that lay people can and should be doing that they are not even aware of...especially in this part of the world. We seem to have abandoned evangelization to the priests alone...and obviously it shouldn't be so. How many lay people sing Catholic songs, write good Catholic books, organize Catholic contemporary events etc. Many of us think our duty is just to go to mass and receive the sacraments. Many people have been misled to believe that only the religious are expected to be holy. We need lay people to tell the world that all are called to be holy...and they can do this by the way they live their lives in the midst of a society that's gone crazy and evil. If a priest says it is wrong to have premarital sex, there's the tendency for people to think "its easy for you to say." But if a lay person says it and practises it in the midst of his friends, it has the power to inspire them in a totally different way. So I sometimes think this is the hole I am called to fill. I am planning to hold Catholic events and also other contemporary means to evengelize Nigerian Catholics first, lapsed and fallen away Catholics and then non-Catholics. I hope my plans sail through this year. This is not to say that I have ruled out becoming a priest. Perhaps you can help by saying a prayer for me.

Pardon me for this epistle, but before I go, I have to say this. I have learnt so much from some other faithful Catholics on nairaland. Chukwudi44 has inspired me to learn more of Church history, Ubenedictus opens my eyes to some parts of scripture I never knew existed, Rich4God strikes my as someone who has just put his trust in the Church even in cases where he hardly understands and your very self... I learn quite a lot about using logic and tact to defend the Catholic faith from you. You guys...and some others also inspire me a lot.
I am LOVETHYWILBEDON and I APPROVE THE CONTENT OF THE ABOVE QOUTED COMMENT, most especialy on the work of the LAY APOSTOLATE. HONESTLY, If you listen to Ewtn Satelite Radio or Watch Ewtn Satelite television you will see where some lay men and women are more effective than many of our Priests in terms of Evangelism and Catholic Apologetics. These are the fruits of the Vatican II Council documents on the New Evangelisation. It is true that All Catholics, Priests, Religious and Laity are called to evangelise but the descernment of our vocation to priesthood, religious life or lay apostolate demands alot of prayer just as you mentioned. After the The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass and The Silent Adoration of Jesus in The Most Holy Eucharist, another great prayer that I have discovered that helps alot in discernment is the Meditative Praying of the Holy Rosary. Ofcause I know you and other faithful Catholics are aware of this Great Prayer but many catholics take this Prayer for granted. I personaly have recived from God, two Great Miraculous answers to my prayer through this prayer. Unfortunately this prayer is the Most Criticised Prayer, just because the name of Mary, "The BELOVED MOTHER OF JESUS" was mentioned in it. As for the work you mentioned, Great amount of Scriptural with ADVANCED Catechetical work is still needed to be done on Nigerian Catholics so the woun't fall pray to these "tithe seeking", "New age" Penticostals. Honestly, when I see your works of Catholic Apologetics and that of Udenedictus with that of those you mentioned, not excluding Holyvirgin, I am encouraged that God is raising fierce Sergents that will replace the Great Generals of the Church Militant on earth in the nearest future. To you and to all faithful Catholics on Nairaland I say Grátia Dómini nostri Iesu Christi, et Cáritas Dei, et Communicátio Sancti Spíritus sit cum Ómnibus vobis.
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by Lovethywilbedon: 5:47pm On Feb 12, 2013
viruz007: Someone mentioned earlier that there are many ways to get to Jesus and one of them is through Mary. R u people so shallow or narrow minded to spew out this particular line?

my 2 cents #NuffSaid
First let me thank you, for saying that you stand to be corrected "that Mary is a way to Jesus". This shows that you are not as proud as that Crap that called himself truthislight. Secondly, let me tell you that you need to read peoples comment very well and understand it before you start ranting. Thirdly, the comment stated that Mary is one of, and ofcause the most effective way to get to Jesus while Jesus is the ONLY way to God. But in your ranting you make it appear as if the poster commented that Mary is the Only way to God thereby sidlining Jesus. Haven clearified your misunderstanding of that comment, let me correct you as you requested. The statement stated that "Mary is one of the ways and also "THE MOST EFFCTIVE WAY" to get to Jesus". Now let me ask you, Which way did Andrew and another disciple of John the Baptist follow to get to know that Jesus is the Lamb of God in John1:35-39? Was it not through John the Baptist, How did the Simon get to know the Messiah in john1:40-44? Was it not through his brother Andrew? How did Nathanael get to know Jesus John1:45-51? Was it not through Philip, how did the ethiopian enouch get to know Jesus? was it not through Philip? how did the paralyic man in Luke5:17-26 get to know Jesus's healing Power? Was it not through the help of his friends who were moblie? I won't talk about how Titus, Timothy and Philemon use Paul as their way to know Christ . Okay cheak this out, how did the servants at the wedding of Cana get to Know Jesus and became Highly privilaged to recive the first Miracle of Jesus "EVEN WHEN IT IS NOT YET THE TIME" in John2:1-12? Was it not through Mary. Futhemore how did Lovethywilbedon get to know Jesus for the very first time? Was it not through her/his mother who is a devote Catholic? How did Lovethywilbedon get to know Jesus as effective as she/he knows Him today? Is it not through Marys Motherly intecession? If you want to know how this happened ask my brothers Italo, Udenedictus, Chukwudi44 etc and my Sister Holyvirgin. Now on how Mary is the Most Effective way, please read John2:1-12 Note that Jesus went ahead to grant His Mothers request even when it is not yet the time appointed by God. Do you think that Jesus will perform that miracle "when it is not yet the time appointed by God" if those servants had gone to Him through john the baptist, Andrew, Philip, Paul, the friend of the paralytic, talkless of the mother of Lovethywilbedon, Knowing that "IT IS NOT YET THE TIME" for miracle. But Just with MARY alone, that heavenly PROTOCOL of "WAITING TILL GOD'S TIME" aka "God's time is the best", was totaly USELESS. And so SWEET WINE began to flow like water. I hope you are begining to understand how SCRITURALY EFFECTIVE she is, more than the rest of the ways to Jesus Put together. OH! You Protestants are Greatly UNDER ESTIMATING the power that Poor Humble Lady. You people don't know the level of Immunity she is enjoying for being the mother of Jesus. The MOTHER just makes a request and the SON obidiently carries it out in other not to disobay the FATHER who gave the LAW that children should OBAY their Father and Mother. PLEASE don't misunderstand me. Tell me of a request that Mary made that Jesus did not latter grant EVEN WHEN IT IS NOT YET THE TIME. As for mary having other children, I have just one question for you. James and his brothers Joseph, Simon and judas(almost all being apostles) who where mentioned as the brothers of Jesus, in Matt13. Do you think that the eldest amongst these men should be a Teenage boy of say 16,17or18years? Please just answer [YES]the eldest is a teenager or [NO]the eldest is not a teenager. PLEASE Just answer this question Correctly then I will prove to you that Mary had no other Child exccept Jesus.
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by Lovethywilbedon: 6:05pm On Feb 12, 2013
Boomark:

If you are angry, you know the best thing to do now. I mean THE TRANSFORMER.

2 Likes

Re: The Queen Of Heaven by GiantParrot(m): 9:43pm On Feb 13, 2013
@ UBenedictus
Thanks a lot for your answers. They were reasonable. I really appreciate that your responses were devoid of the childish terms I usually observe on nairaland. You were just calm in making your points known. But I am really tired of arguing. From what I see here (nairaland), the arguments are more likely to cause more estrangement than conviction. I realize that the really important thing is one's relationship with God. It is my prayer that He draws me nearer to Himself and reveals more of His wisdom to me. I also pray that He does the same for you.
Again, I appreciate your composure and maturity at stating your position.
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by Ubenedictus(m): 9:06am On Feb 14, 2013
The exact reason why i told u ur post were worth 2 cent or less just as u said.
viruz007:

Ogbeni answer me or move on to the next thread.. we r here discussing matters dat affect our faith and I had to speak that way because we r in an era where information is easily available including the bible but you think you can just come and spew out what you think is right? Prove to me praying to mary is in the bible and I'll pray to her else..... Next thread plz.
the bible isnt my sole authority and i'm not under obligation to use it. I dont subscribe to d self contradictory doctrine of sola scriptura
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by Ubenedictus(m): 9:14am On Feb 14, 2013
Lovethywilbedon: I am LOVETHYWILBEDON and I APPROVE THE CONTENT OF THE ABOVE QOUTED COMMENT, most especialy on the work of the LAY APOSTOLATE. HONESTLY, If you listen to Ewtn Satelite Radio or Watch Ewtn Satelite television you will see where some lay men and women are more effective than many of our Priests in terms of Evangelism and Catholic Apologetics. These are the fruits of the Vatican II Council documents on the New Evangelisation. It is true that All Catholics, Priests, Religious and Laity are called to evangelise but the descernment of our vocation to priesthood, religious life or lay apostolate demands alot of prayer just as you mentioned. After the The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass and The Silent Adoration of Jesus in The Most Holy Eucharist, another great prayer that I have discovered that helps alot in discernment is the Meditative Praying of the Holy Rosary. Ofcause I know you and other faithful Catholics are aware of this Great Prayer but many catholics take this Prayer for granted. I personaly have recived from God, two Great Miraculous answers to my prayer through this prayer. Unfortunately this prayer is the Most Criticised Prayer, just because the name of Mary, "The BELOVED MOTHER OF JESUS" was mentioned in it. As for the work you mentioned, Great amount of Scriptural with ADVANCED Catechetical work is still needed to be done on Nigerian Catholics so the woun't fall pray to these "tithe seeking", "New age" Penticostals. Honestly, when I see your works of Catholic Apologetics and that of Udenedictus with that of those you mentioned, not excluding Holyvirgin, I am encouraged that God is raising fierce Sergents that will replace the Great Generals of the Church Militant on earth in the nearest future. To you and to all faithful Catholics on Nairaland I say Grátia Dómini nostri Iesu Christi, et Cáritas Dei, et Communicátio Sancti Spíritus sit cum Ómnibus vobis.
amen, et c.u.m spiritu tuo
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by Ubenedictus(m): 9:36am On Feb 14, 2013
Hey, don't hang up yet!
GiantParrot: @ UBenedictus
Thanks a lot for your answers. They were reasonable. I really appreciate that your responses were devoid of the childish terms I usually observe on nairaland. You were just calm in making your points known. But I am really tired of arguing. From what I see here (nairaland), the arguments are more likely to cause more estrangement than conviction. I realize that the really important thing is one's relationship with God. It is my prayer that He draws me nearer to Himself and reveals more of His wisdom to me. I also pray that He does the same for you.
Again, I appreciate your composure and maturity at stating your position.
thanks for all the compliment! I'll always try to be polite to those who i think are search for truth (nt just critics), thanks even more for adding me to your prayers, my day is usually hectic i'll appreciate if u ask God to bring me to the next level of prayer, where all i do may become prayer and an act of worship unto him. I'll add u in my prayers.

If u were around 4 months ago, mayb u would have noticed that i expressed d same fraustration at nl arguement, most time it just some heavy critics using the worst ingenuiety to make illogical points and every body leaves d thread angry.
I do not wish to engage in such unproductive banter over nonsensicals, but i'll be honored to discuss each of those points u raised- with you, to show that none of the stuff done in the catholic church is against the revelation of christ Jesus, instead they are in line with its teaching and principles.
I really can't force u to have a discussion with me, but if u really what to know d "why" of ur points i think u'll oblige me and discuss those issues.
If u do not wish to, thanks all the same and u have my respects.

Peace b unto u.
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by Ubenedictus(m): 9:40am On Feb 14, 2013
viruz007:

ok, mayb i shuld take u seriously. In the actual sense of the word, what do u understand by prayer?
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by GiantParrot(m): 10:12pm On Feb 14, 2013
Ubenedictus: but i'll be honored to discuss each of those points u raised- with you, to show that none of the stuff done in the catholic church is against the revelation of christ Jesus, instead they are in line with its teaching and principles.
I really can't force u to have a discussion with me, but if u really what to know d "why" of ur points i think u'll oblige me and discuss those issues.
If u do not wish to, thanks all the same and u have my respects.

Peace b unto u.

Thanks, Rather than spend a lot of time here discussing the many points I had raised (some of which have been better understood now), I prefer to take a look at the websites Mr. Italo had suggested for answers. Take care.
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by Lovethywilbedon: 10:58pm On Feb 14, 2013
GiantParrot:

Thanks, Rather than spend a lot of time here discussing the many points I had raised (some of which have been better understood now), I prefer to take a look at the websites Mr. Italo had suggested for answers. Take care.
That's PERFECT.
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by Ubenedictus(m): 10:14am On Feb 15, 2013
GiantParrot:
thats fine by me, if you need more sites just ask i'll provide.
Peace and divine blessing.
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by penzino(m): 11:02am On Feb 15, 2013
HerexG :

Thou shalt have no other Gods before me. Commandment #1. For
there is no other name by which men are to be saved other than
Jesus christ. The worship of Mary is just a replacement name for the
many false godesses that were worshipped in Pagan cultures. mary
was no different than any human, a lost soul in need of a savior.
u better shut up if u have notin reasonable to say. Am not a Catholic buh I know a little about d Catholic faith. Mary is not worshiped buh Honoured... Plss look for methylated spirit to wash ur brain, u need it
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by HerexG(m): 4:11pm On Feb 15, 2013
@ penzino, Obviously you proved that you are child beyond reasonable doubt, i exchange ideas with grown and sound minds.
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by Ubenedictus(m): 4:54pm On Feb 15, 2013
Intarasting
HerexG :
@ penzino, Obviously you proved that you are child beyond reasonable doubt, i exchange ideas with grown and sound minds.
thread made to bash other pipo's believes usually ends up bashing pipo. This thread is proof of that.
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by HerexG(m): 5:27pm On Feb 15, 2013
Ubenedictus: Intarasting thread made to bash other pipo's believes usually ends up bashing pipo. This thread is proof of that.

Well i will take that as your own opinion,
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by Ubenedictus(m): 6:22pm On Feb 15, 2013
HerexG :

Well i will take that as your own opinion,
i no fit shout, d proof is there 4 all to see.
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by Lovethywilbedon: 6:42pm On Feb 15, 2013
penzino: u better shut up if u have notin reasonable to say. Am not a Catholic buh I know a little about d Catholic faith. Mary is not worshiped buh Honoured... Plss look for methylated spirit to wash ur brain, u need it
It is Very good that this is coming from a Non-Catholic. We have said this thousands of time but they won't listen. Maybe when they hear it from non-catholic sources they will belive.
Re: The Queen Of Heaven by LebenNG: 5:34pm On May 16, 2021
Lovethywilbedon:
Honestly you are a totaly misinformed confused being. First you started this thread with a type of BLASPHAMOUS comparism (of the catholic church with peganism) use in the 16th century by your fathers in faith to misguide ILLITRATES who can't read and write. Wake up Slumber, we are in the 21st Century when we have something like the internet. It is now easy to know the true teachings of the Catholic Church by visiting any of our websites. Even a SINCERE Protestant knows that what you copied and pasted here is nothing but a "CRAP", I mean SOLID WASTE FROM THE BOWELS. You also went ahead to BLASPHAME that Christ didn't honor Mary. Your are implying that Christ went through his life violating the Forth Commandment. Know this today that Christ honoured Mary more than any man or angel could do, when He obayed and granted her reques at the wedding in cana, even though according to Christ it is not yet the time appointed by his Father. It is the same as saying that Christ went agains Gods time, plan or will just to fulfil His mothers request. That is a "GRAET HONOUR" to Mary. Do you think Christ would have granted that request if it was made by Peter. Do you think He will grant a request against Gods plan if it was made by Abraham, Isaac, Jacob or even an Angel. But He granted it to His mother. THAT'S "GREAT HOUNOUR". You said that all honour belongs to God. That is correct. But you don't know that you owe honour to a uniformed Nigerian policeman. That is one problem with wrong and literal interpretation of the bible. So you don't know that you owe honour to Simple Object like the Nigerian Flag, the Nigerian Coat of Arm, and the little N20 note. If you think the apostle deserve any houour for what they went through, why shouldn't a greater honour be given to the mother of my Redeemer, The Mother of my LORD, I mean THE MOTHER OF my GOD. Your level of IMATURITY IN CHRISTIAN FAITH made you think that the apostles suffered more than Mary. Let me inform you today that what Mary suffered in her Heart and in her Soul is far greater than what any Apostle suffered in the flesh. You make me laugh in your display of childishness with the names of Christ. It is just like saying that the real name of Peter is Cephas, or that the real name of John is Jean, or that the real name of Mary is Maria. Are you not refering to the same persons with different languages?. Greek and latin are not like english which doesn't trasnlate Names of People. It is obvious from the contents of you posts that you know NOTHING about the Church you are attacking and too IMATURE to understand the LOGICAL implication of you comments.
In fact the way some people talk here, shows they don't have a mother at home. If they can even value their mums close to even worshipping her, and giving her high regards more than their own wives, what is the big deal on respecting the womb that willingly and kept herself clean for the coming of our dear lord?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Jesus Died For Our Sins : The Road To Easter / How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri / 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Tax Collector.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.