Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,288 members, 7,836,274 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas (160963 Views)

Travel To China, New Procedures For Visas / How Is American Embassy Treating Nigerians Who Currently Apply For Visas? / Uk Border Agency Hit By Fresh Bribes For Visas Issued To Nigerians/africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by cydophobia(m): 8:03pm On Jan 02, 2014
Vicjustice:
It is the responsibility of your company to present proof of availability of fund however they officially prefer, but then, your greatest challenge would be to satisfy the visa officer of the reason(s) why a company would sponsor you for tourism and the benefit that your trip would be to the company.

I got your drift.Thanks
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by suxes2005(m): 11:59am On Jan 09, 2014
Vic,

Glad to have you on nairaland. Thanks for been there for US always.

My inquiry is about Egypt embassy. I tried to search for the right address of the
embassy on google but yet to find the right one. Please if you do know or anyone
here knows their address, kindly help me out with it.

Thanks

SHALOM
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 8:15pm On Jan 09, 2014
suxes2005: Vic,
My inquiry is about Egypt embassy. I tried to search for the right address of the
embassy on google but yet to find the right one. Please if you do know or anyone
Thanks
SHALOM
If my memory serves me right, Egypt does not have an embassy in Nigeria, not sure though.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by juzme: 10:27am On Jan 10, 2014
suxes2005: Vic,

Thanks

SHALOM

http://www.mfa.gov.eg/english/embassies/egyptian_embassy_nigeria/contactus/pages/default.aspx
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Smschamber: 3:13pm On Jan 10, 2014
Pls i need help here... I am applying for a training in london and the company said they wont sponsor non resident's visa but they will pay trainees up keep monthly bases and school fees. So what do i do? Do i have to apply for a work visa or student visa?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by jredlom(m): 4:16pm On Jan 10, 2014
Please I am a 21 years old student under six months course and a self employed owning an internet cafe,am single and want to visit Canada for tourism purpose for 14 days,I will be sponsoring my self with my personal bank statement which has about $4,000 and will provide the embassy with Introduction Letter from my School confirming my enrollment and leave of absence,School fees receipt,my Tax Returns,Tenancy Agreement,Business Registration forms from the Registrar General Department,Itinerary and Hotel Reservation.I please want to know if my document are okay and what is my chance of getting the Visa.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by suxes2005(m): 6:10pm On Jan 10, 2014
Vic and juszme, thanks to you two.

I will like to know, if Tanzania actually requires visa for Nigerian passport
holders. There is a thread on here, some said they do need it while others said
nop. So I will like to know if you have experience in that area.

SHALOM
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by exxy(m): 1:15am On Jul 08, 2014
Good evening house, please i need help here, My uncle is applying for a business visa in the US, what document should he carry along to the embassy and any other advice would be appreciated. Thanks !!
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by suxes2005(m): 4:54pm On Jul 08, 2014
exxy: Good evening house, please i need help here, My uncle is applying for a business visa in the US, what document should he carry along to the embassy and any other advice would be appreciated. Thanks !!

Go to the US embassy's website and check the stuffs needed.

http://ustraveldocs.com/ng/index.html?firstTime=No
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 7:42pm On Jul 08, 2014
exxy: Good evening house, please i need help here, My uncle is applying for a business visa in the US, what document should he carry along to the embassy and any other advice would be appreciated. Thanks !!
You can click on the link below and use the programme to translate the original post into any language of your preference, it can even translate to Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo:
https://translate.google.com
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by paulbets: 7:41pm On Jul 13, 2014
hi vicjustice and everyone, pls I need help on the requirements for Malaysian visa. I am a final year student in the university. recently I've been selected to attend the association of commonwealth universities ACU summer school conference from 17-24 august 2014 at the university of nottingham Malaysia campus, Kuala Lumpur. the commonwealth gave me partial scholarship to attend this conference and this include free accommodation and meals for the duration of the conference. I also wrote to my university vice chancellor for assistance in the travel expenses and the school senate approved N220,000 for my flight fare and Letter of Identification for me to process visa. again the ACU have provided me with Invitation Letter and also a separate letter saying they have provided me with accommodation and covered my meals. The ACU made it clear that they will come and pick me up from Kuala Lumpur international airport. on this basis I like to know what other documents I need to have, what type of visa I need apply for, where is Malaysian high commission in Nigeria, and what is the step-wise process I should take to get the visa. Thank you all
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 12:47am On Jul 14, 2014
paulbets: hi vicjustice and everyone, pls I need help on the requirements for Malaysian visa. I am a final year student in the university. recently I've been selected to attend the association of commonwealth universities ACU summer school conference from 17-24 august 2014 at the university of nottingham Malaysia campus, Kuala Lumpur. the commonwealth gave me partial scholarship to attend this conference and this include free accommodation and meals for the duration of the conference. I also wrote to my university vice chancellor for assistance in the travel expenses and the school senate approved N220,000 for my flight fare and Letter of Identification for me to process visa. again the ACU have provided me with Invitation Letter and also a separate letter saying they have provided me with accommodation and covered my meals. The ACU made it clear that they will come and pick me up from Kuala Lumpur international airport. on this basis I like to know what other documents I need to have, what type of visa I need apply for, where is Malaysian high commission in Nigeria, and what is the step-wise process I should take to get the visa. Thank you all
embarassed embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by paulbets: 2:02am On Jul 14, 2014
Vicjustice: embarassed embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Sir, I didn't get your point.

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 9:32am On Jul 14, 2014
paulbets:
Sir, I didn't get your point.
Please, refer to the original post of this thread,
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by sophiapat: 9:00pm On Jul 14, 2014
Hi vic justice, is it true dat landed properties eg deed of gift etc is no longer allowed in the Uk embassy? If it is not, why do they still include it as part of documentation on their site and form?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 12:45am On Jul 15, 2014
sophiapat: Hi vic justice, is it true dat landed properties eg deed of gift etc is no longer allowed in the Uk embassy? If it is not, why do they still include it as part of documentation on their site and form?

"...the property is expected to represent anything that could be considered a tie; such property may not be an isolated land or building that is not deemed to be taking more of your responsibilities: it is different if you own (let's say) business property that requires your obligatory management"
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Onyinyechimara(f): 9:53pm On Jul 15, 2014
Please guys, those who have experience with this lemme know how you went about it.

I m trying to print out chat history between me and my fiancé for past 1 year or so and the thing has too many pages
I ve reduced the font size and spacing but still too many pages
It's looking like a textbook and I fear they won't allow me to submit it like that? Cuz we have to submit at visa application centre first so it's not like I can carry along to show the ACTUAL visa officer. Those people at the visa application centre can be so annoying sometimes........they may not even agree to pack it along with my other documents for further processing.

Thx
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 12:04am On Jul 16, 2014
Onyinyechimara: Please guys, those who have experience with this lemme know how you went about it.
I m trying to print out chat history between me and my fiancé for past 1 year or so and the thing has too many pages
I ve reduced the font size and spacing but still too many pages
It's looking like a textbook and I fear they won't allow me to submit it like that? Cuz we have to submit at visa application centre first so it's not like I can carry along to show the ACTUAL visa officer. Those people at the visa application centre can be so annoying sometimes........they may not even agree to pack it along with my other documents for further processing.
Thx
When filling an application form, and on the section about your personality, you start with your DATE OF BIRTH, then, you jump your toddler age, you jump your primary school life and you even jump your secondary school activities: then, you proceed to your current circumstances.
Why do you have to bypass all the activities of those years? Simply because they are irrelevant to the visa application.
Now, you are applying for a visa, shouldn't comon logic suggest to you that it is unreasonable to pack a whole bulk of junk contexts to spam an embassy as if the visa officer has only you to attend to and therefore spend his whole day browsing through such junks?
To be honest, i am tempted to admit that this move is silly. Or how is it supposed to be in the interest of a visa officer to know the private conversations between you and your fiance?
What they require of you is evidence of correspondence, and not details of romantic or erοtic communications.

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Onyinyechimara(f): 1:37am On Jul 16, 2014
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by sophiapat: 9:29am On Jul 16, 2014
Vicjustice:

"...the property is expected to represent anything that could be considered a tie; such property may not be an isolated land or building that is not deemed to be taking more of your responsibilities: it is different if you own (let's say) business property that requires your obligatory management"

What about a land property dat is on a street but nothin has been built on it yet, but the property is numbered cos its on a street. Is such property seen as "isolated"? Thanks
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 16, 2014
Good day Vicjustice.
I wish to make inquiries about travel from Lagos to Port au Prince, Haiti on a tour visit. I do understand that visa will be at point of entry, however im a bit confused about what flight to use, since there is no direct flight from Lagos. Which connecting flights will be best option? If so, do i need a transit visa?
Comments from Nigerians previously traveled from Nigeria to the Caribbean will be welcome.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 1:25pm On Jul 16, 2014
Ije004: Good day Vicjustice.
I wish to make inquiries about travel from Lagos to Port au Prince, Haiti on a tour visit. I do understand that visa will be at point of entry, however im a bit confused about what flight to use, since there is no direct flight from Lagos. Which connecting flights will be best option? If so, do i need a transit visa?
Comments from Nigerians previously traveled from Nigeria to the Caribbean will be welcome.
Most countries that do not require visa of Nigerian citizens do so by compensating the visa requirements with other measures: for example, they do not have direct flights from Nigeria nor from any country that Nigerian citizens can enter without a visa: These measures can be considered hypocritical as the countries usually hide behind other coutries that have stringent visa requirements for Nigerians: some countries (like Turkey) require Nigerian citizens to hold visas or resident permits for hard coutries like the US, Canada, Australia, New-Zealand, Japan and the EU etc before they can enter Turkey "visa free", while others hide behind these hard countries' transit visas.
Therefore, in actual sense, there is virtually no country outside Africa that is entirely visa free for Nigerian passport holders.

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by daybell007: 7:11pm On Jul 19, 2014
please I need your assistance about these. My company is sponsoring me for study visa and all document to attest the sponsorship was also given to me but was given a post dated cheque to confirm that the money in the company's is meant for my use. Please can a post dated cheque be used as a means of proof of support?please I need your response as soon as possible
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 10:32pm On Jul 19, 2014
daybell007: please I need your assistance about these. My company is sponsoring me for study visa and all document to attest the sponsorship was also given to me but was given a post dated cheque to confirm that the money in the company's is meant for my use. Please can a post dated cheque be used as a means of proof of support?please I need your response as soon as possible
Being given the company's statement of account does you mean that you are entitled to spend from the fund, or that the money is available for your use, therefore, the presentation of the company's account can not satisfy the visa officer.
Let your company issue you a cheque with the amount of money that is needed to cover your trip, or let them pay the money into your account so you can present the evidence of fund with an official cover letter making remark of the origin and the purpose of payment/issuance
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by momoyama: 1:16pm On Jul 20, 2014
Ije004: Good day Vicjustice.

I am not Nigerian, but I have a friend from Nigeria here in the Bahamas and he got here by flying to Dubai, then Moscow, then to Cuba and from there to Nassau. I am sure you can do the same route to Cuba and there are many direct flights from Cuba to Haiti.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by calabaman(m): 5:26pm On Jul 20, 2014
Hello Mr Vicjustice and all

I need your well informed advice pls. I was born in Lancaster England in the year 1983 and returned with my parents back to nigeria the following year where I have been ever since.

Recently though I have been thinking about resigning from my job and emigrating back to the uk. So, I would love to know what kind of visa I can apply for?

OR

If I may have to give up my nigerian citizenship/passport inorder to pick up a british citizenship?

How do I go about it?....Your advice would be deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by worry359(m): 8:15pm On Jul 20, 2014
calabaman: Hello Mr Vicjustice and all
I need your well informed advice pls. I was born in Lancaster England in the year 1983 and returned with my parents back to nigeria the following year where I have been ever since.
Recently though I have been thinking about resigning from my job and emigrating back to the uk. So, I would love to know what kind of visa I can apply for?
OR
If I may have to give up my nigerian citizenship/passport inorder to pick up a british citizenship?
How do I go about it?....Your advice would be deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance
Was your birth registered in the UK and do you have a british birth certificate or any other papers?
These would make things simpler.

Do please remember that UK. is no paradise!
You should have a good plan before you go to the UK.
How will you make your living?
Do you have any skills to get a job.

It would be better to come on a holiday to see how things are before commiting everything.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 9:51pm On Jul 20, 2014
calabaman: Hello Mr Vicjustice and all
OR
How about dual citizenship?
By the way, where are your parents, what birth cirtificate do you have, do you know your NI number?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by calabaman(m): 10:07pm On Jul 20, 2014
Vicjustice:
How about dual citizenship?
By the way, where are your parents, what birth cirtificate do you have, do you know your NI number?

Thanks for ur quick response sir. My parents are in nigeria... how do I go about getting dual citizenship. Sorry I dnt know my NI number

my birth certificate is of my place of birth in a hospital in Lancaster England
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by fortress11: 8:34am On Jul 21, 2014
Hi Vicjustice

thanks for a brilliant job

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (23) (Reply)

More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses / My Monthly Savings In Canada / Abuja City - Videos and Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.