Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,297 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas (160964 Views)

Travel To China, New Procedures For Visas / How Is American Embassy Treating Nigerians Who Currently Apply For Visas? / Uk Border Agency Hit By Fresh Bribes For Visas Issued To Nigerians/africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by tundenene(m): 12:31pm On Sep 28, 2013
okay thanks
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Kemond11: 4:42pm On Oct 03, 2013
I was at the US embassy today with my husband and my and son ,after the interview the VO returned our Int'l passport to us but told us they will contact us in the next one week,pls I want to ask if there is still hope of getting the visa
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 6:47pm On Oct 03, 2013
Kemond11: I was at the US embassy today with my husband and my and son ,after the interview the VO returned our Int'l passport to us but told us they will contact us in the next one week,pls I want to ask if there is still hope of getting the visa
Returning your passports to you does not mean refusal of visa: if your applications are successful, they would contact you and instruct you to present the passports for visa issuance
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Kemond11: 7:59am On Oct 04, 2013
Thanks,still hopeful
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Yeecar(m): 5:38pm On Oct 04, 2013
Good day Bro. I am a federal Civill servant .I recently got a scholarship to come to the US for a 1 month training . I applied for a B1 visa. An invitation letter was sent to me through d email which I presented to d Consular officer. But suprisingly I was denied a visa . I told her dat a leter of introduction was also given to me by my employer but she didn't ask.Please what can be the reason for my visa denial? I was properly dressed and I was even puting on my ofice I'd card. I am just leaving the embassy shocked and disapointed. Thanks in anticipation of Your quick response as am thinking of reapplying next week.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by aggymore: 9:33pm On Oct 05, 2013
Good day, I need your advice. I am looking for someone I can talk to on what to do. I applied for US visa 5years ago and was refused. Now I need to apply again and was told I should talk to people on how to go about it. I need you to help me and tell me how to go. I will be heart broken if I am refused again. Pls help.

Waiting to hear from you.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 10:15pm On Oct 05, 2013
Yeecar: Good day Bro. I am a federal Civill servant .I recently got a scholarship to come to the US for a 1 month training . I applied for a B1 visa. An invitation letter was sent to me through d email which I presented to d Consular officer. But suprisingly I was denied a visa . I told her dat a leter of introduction was also given to me by my employer but she didn't ask.Please what can be the reason for my visa denial? I was properly dressed and I was even puting on my ofice I'd card. I am just leaving the embassy shocked and disapointed. Thanks in anticipation of Your quick response as am thinking of reapplying next week.
Invitation letter and Company's sponsorship is not enough to make a visa application successful, your personal circumstances are the key, and i suspect that is the reason for the refusal even though you didn't make mention of your circumstances
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 10:16pm On Oct 05, 2013
aggymore: Good day, I need your advice. I am looking for someone I can talk to on what to do. I applied for US visa 5years ago and was refused. Now I need to apply again and was told I should talk to people on how to go about it. I need you to help me and tell me how to go. I will be heart broken if I am refused again. Pls help.

Waiting to hear from you.
How did you go about the one that was unsuccessful?
You asked how to go about it? Simply go to the US consular website and apply for it
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by jascopassion(m): 1:06am On Oct 09, 2013
Hello moderator, please u will needs to bear with me. Despite the fact that am a graduate and have being following and reading this thread for long. There are still some things which I don't understand.
Jst finished my service year with less than 200K in my account. Can I stl go ahead and apply for UK visa?
Do I necessarily needs a letter of invitation, or how do I book for hotel ?
What other advice can u give me pls. I needd to get the visa soon. Lastly, do I pay for getting VISA ?
Thanks a lot. Jst that am a village boy jst coming to city
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 11:23am On Oct 09, 2013
jascopassion: Hello moderator, please u will needs to bear with me. Despite the fact that am a graduate and have being following and reading this thread for long. There are still some things which I don't understand.
Jst finished my service year with less than 200K in my account. Can I stl go ahead and apply for UK visa?
Do I necessarily needs a letter of invitation, or how do I book for hotel ?
What other advice can u give me pls. I needd to get the visa soon. Lastly, do I pay for getting VISA ?
Thanks a lot. Jst that am a village boy jst coming to city
What category of visa will you be applying for? Well, whatever category it may be N200k is taking you no where, you will even loss a vast amount of the money in the process.
You would need either or both the invitation letter or/and hotel accommodation.
My advice is, do not try it at this stage
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by jascopassion(m): 8:50am On Oct 10, 2013
Vicjustice:
What category of visa will you be applying for? Well, whatever category it may be N200k is taking you no where, you will even loss a vast amount of the money in the process.
You would need either or both the invitation letter or/and hotel accommodation.
My advice is, do not try it at this stage
Tnx a lot,like ow much will I need bf I could tink of getin Visa? Can a 1st timer be issue up to 6mnts visiting Visa?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 11:26pm On Oct 10, 2013
jascopassion:
Tnx a lot,like ow much will I need bf I could tink of getin Visa? Can a 1st timer be issue up to 6mnts visiting Visa?
It's not quite about how much you need, it's about meeting the financial requirements as I explained in the opening post.
And yes, a first timer can get a six months visa
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Pasca07: 7:41pm On Oct 14, 2013
@vicjustice,pls i need ur advise my sister earn 200k per month in nigeria and she was invited by our uncle in uk for a month visit pls what r d document my sister need to provide in nigeria.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 8:39pm On Oct 14, 2013
Pasca07: @vicjustice,pls i need ur advise my sister earn 200k per month in nigeria and she was invited by our uncle in uk for a month visit pls what r d document my sister need to provide in nigeria.
Prrhaps you like to tell Seun to integrate a translation programme so you may translate the opening article to your language of preference?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Pasca07: 12:36am On Oct 15, 2013
@vicjustice,i have read the first page of dis thread but i need more clarification on the present situation of things
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by royalsweetness(f): 9:08pm On Oct 18, 2013
Please can someone explain the term 'money lodgement'. cuz i don't really get it. Thank you. Also, if you are applying for a student visa, do you need to submit your sponsor's tax clearance cheesy
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 7:14am On Oct 19, 2013
royalsweetness: Please can someone explain the term 'money lodgement'. cuz i don't really get it. Thank you. Also, if you are applying for a student visa, do you need to submit your sponsor's tax clearance cheesy
That is the act of depositing an irregular lump sum of money into a bank account for the apparent purpose of using the bank statement as proof of fund.
Now, for student applicants, as long as it is allowed to have a sponsor, it is therefore ok to have evidence of money lodgement provided that the money stays for the required period of time in personal account, but your sponsor's account MUST NOT show evidence of such lodgement, that will not be acceptable.
To your second question, the revenue tax system is a very useful way that helps the embassy to judge the reputation, the credibility as well as the legitimacy of a company, a business and as well as an employee: therefore, the embassy does require visa applicants to have evidence of tax (revenue) compliance
It is generally expected that a salary earning worker pays tax, it is logically expected that the taxes are withdrawn from your salary, and it is normally expected that your pay-slips show tax records: but if for any reason your work documents does not have tax record, then the legitimacy of your employer as well as the legitimacy of your job is questionable.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by royalsweetness(f): 9:04am On Oct 19, 2013
Vicjustice:
That is the act of depositing an irregular lump sum of money into a bank account for the apparent purpose of using the bank statement as proof of fund.
Now, for student applicants, as long as it is allowed to have a sponsor, it is therefore ok to have evidence of money lodgement provided that the money stays for the required period of time in personal account, but your sponsor's account MUST NOT show evidence of such lodgement, that will not be acceptable.
To your second question, the revenue tax system is a very useful way that helps the embassy to judge the reputation, the credibility as well as the legitimacy of a company, a business and as well as an employee: therefore, the embassy does require visa applicants to have evidence of tax (revenue) compliance
It is generally expected that a salary earning worker pays tax, it is logically expected that the taxes are withdrawn from your salary, and it is normally expected that your pay-slips show tax records: but if for any reason your work documents does not have tax record, then the legitimacy of your employer as well as the legitimacy of your job is questionable.

Thank you very much Vicjustice, I get it now and you have been very helpful.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by eziafakise: 6:39pm On Oct 22, 2013
please my friends, i have scheduled an appiontment for america tourist visa during my annual leave, i work in a firm and earning a reasonable sum, i have all my documents ready ie hotel reservation, bank statement, naija pp, payslip, employment letter, company ID , leave letter, . MY fiance is sponsoring the trip as well, and i am also going with his bank statement, what other of his documents do i need. thanks for your quick response.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 11:14pm On Oct 22, 2013
eziafakise: please my friends, i have scheduled an appiontment for america tourist visa during my annual leave, i work in a firm and earning a reasonable sum, i have all my documents ready ie hotel reservation, bank statement, naija pp, payslip, employment letter, company ID , leave letter, . MY fiance is sponsoring the trip as well, and i am also going with his bank statement, what other of his documents do i need. thanks for your quick response.
Is your "fiance" travelling with you?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by eziafakise: 7:42am On Oct 23, 2013
Vicjustice: Is your "fiance" travelling with you?

@ Vicjustice he's not. Actually my wedding is on the febuary next year, so im getting most of my things there. so more like a wedding shopping ! or what do u think
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 8:15am On Oct 23, 2013
eziafakise:

@ Vicjustice he's not. Actually my wedding is on the febuary next year, so im getting most of my things there. so more like a wedding shopping ! or what do u think
You asked my opinion? Well, I don't see how you can get a tourist visa under the sponsorship of a fiance who is not traveling with you: you would need a miracle for that
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by eziafakise: 1:41pm On Oct 24, 2013
Vicjustice: You asked my opinion? Well, I don't see how you can get a tourist visa under the sponsorship of a fiance who is not traveling with you: you would need a miracle for that
i earn 180k per month , so you think it's best i dont involve him in the trip,? so saying i'm going for my wedding shopping which is what i intend doing it's still very okay?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 24, 2013
@op....u've truely done a good job to get this list for us.....but pls i would want more clearification about this.......my fiancee is a kiwi and i plan to visit her as soon as i can...we've been together 5months now and we've truely keep the communication going and even now, we've spent more than $4k on just phone calls and we also have other means of comm as well and even handwritten letters

And looking at the list u outlined i think the only issue is that of the account as i'm a fresh graduate and also proof of bond to my country...pls do u have any idea of what is required in my account to beat the immigration......i intended going with a visiting visa and am not planning to overstay atall but she will be sponsoring the travel.
PLS do u think there's a visa chance for me as we've never meet before. Thanks
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 2:40pm On Oct 24, 2013
eziafakise:
i earn 180k per month , so you think it's best i dont involve him in the trip,? so saying i'm going for my wedding shopping which is what i intend doing it's still very okay?
If you fulfilled other requirements, your income is fair enough to earn you the visa without a sponsor, but if you want to use your fiance as your sponsor, you'd face the enormous challenge to satisfy the visa officer of a lot of things that I can't see how you'd get through with them
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 2:49pm On Oct 24, 2013
Beverly1: @op....u've truely done a good job to get this list for us.....but pls i would want more clearification about this.......my fiancee is a kiwi and i plan to visit her as soon as i can...we've been together 5months now and we've truely keep the communication going and even now, we've spent more than $4k on just phone calls and we also have other means of comm as well and even handwritten letters

And looking at the list u outlined i think the only issue is that of the account as i'm a fresh graduate and also proof of bond to my country...pls do u have any idea of what is required in my account to beat the immigration......i intended going with a visiting visa and am not planning to overstay atall but she will be sponsoring the travel.
PLS do u think there's a visa chance for me as we've never meet before. Thanks
Unfortunately, that would be a hard one as visa officers are not interested in explanation without evidence to substantiate your claims that you intend to leave their country in due time. Besides, she will not be eligible to sponsor you: The only way that you can pull it through in your given circumstances is by marital rights, but since you're not yet married, and coupled with the fact that you are virtual strangers, your application will definitely fall short unless of course she is a big named entity like Beyonce or Madonna
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by eziafakise: 2:51pm On Oct 24, 2013
Vicjustice:
If you fulfilled other requirements, your income is fair enough to earn you the visa without a sponsor, but if you want to use your fiancee as your sponsor, you'd face the enormous challenge to satisfy the visa officer of a lot of things that I can't see how you'd get through with them

@ vicjustice i have filled another DS160, and updated, but telling them i am going for my wedding shopping is it ideal? i only intend to stay for 8 days, and also going with my wedding iv to the embassy ! please i need further clarifications, thanks for your kind gesture and response so far, just want to be fully prepared.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 3:08pm On Oct 24, 2013
eziafakise:

@ vicjustice i have filled another DS160, and updated, but telling them i am going for my wedding shopping is it ideal? i only intend to stay for 8 days, and also going with my wedding iv to the embassy ! please i need further clarifications, thanks for your kind gesture and response so far, just want to be fully prepared.
The issue of concern was not about what you want to do in the UK, but rather about your intention to present your fiance as your sponsor.
Therefore, I'll treat this is as a different query. Now, if it's about the purpose of travel, bear in mind that the visa officer expects more to your purpose than just wedding shopping, and be informed that some of their favourite questions are:
"why have you chosen the UK?"
"what would you be doing in your spare time?"
"Where will you go?"
"How will you get there
"Who will you see?"
With these, you can see that they expect more than just wedding shopping, so be prepared to study the areas and evirons. Make good use of Google search
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 24, 2013
@op...lol no she's not a named entity atall just a normal lady...though she's single but she doesn't have the right to marry till 2015 for some reasons ........but their immigration said she can sponsor me or maybe she missed something...Nz in question
Vicjustice:
Unfortunately, that would be a hard one as visa officers are not interested in explanation without evidence to substantiate your claims that you intend to leave their country in due time. Besides, she will not be eligible to sponsor you: The only way that you can pull it through in your given circumstances is by marital rights, but since you're not yet married, and coupled with the fact that you are virtual strangers, your application will definitely fall short unless of course she is a big named entity like Beyonce or Madonna
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 4:34pm On Oct 24, 2013
Beverly1: @op...lol no she's not a named entity atall just a normal lady...though she's single but she doesn't have the right to marry till 2015 for some reasons ........but their immigration said she can sponsor me or maybe she missed something...Nz in question
There is no official criteria for sponsor eligibility or ineligibility, anybody can apply to sponsor anyone, but whether the visa officer approves or refuses the application depends on his/her own initiative, and in your case, visa officer is going to consider you ineligible for her sponsorship.
Besides, we all know that fiance's relationship is something with the agenda of marriage, but this woman is not eligible for marriage until 2015 and yet, it is reasonable to say that you don't even know her since you have never met. Ha, com'on!

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 4:48pm On Oct 24, 2013
Posted in error
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by chomiq3(f): 10:35pm On Oct 28, 2013
Hello my sposor to Uk gave me a photocopy of his company's registration, Tax clearance, UK visa/biodata page and original statement of personal account dat has abt 20m pease can this fly for my general visa or must everthing be original? Pls reply is urgent thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (23) (Reply)

More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses / My Monthly Savings In Canada / Abuja City - Videos and Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.