Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,872 members, 7,813,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas (160727 Views)

Travel To China, New Procedures For Visas / How Is American Embassy Treating Nigerians Who Currently Apply For Visas? / Uk Border Agency Hit By Fresh Bribes For Visas Issued To Nigerians/africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 2:24pm On Jul 23, 2013
effisyman:
I edited for security purposes and sm happy you got my message.
Thanks for the advice but on what ground will they be granted asylum?
It's not for me to suggest the ground on which they will be granted asylum since the outcome of asylum request is not something that I can guarantee, but I expect you are aware that only one in a hundred Nigerian asylum seekers are indeed deserving asylum, and that others seek asylum under bogus claims: also, be aware that most Nigerian asylum seekers fail... however, many are issued residence permit on humanitarian grounds: hardly would Canada deport anyone who does not pose security, social or health threat to the country
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by effisyman: 4:20pm On Jul 23, 2013
Vicjustice: It's not for me to suggest the ground on which they will be granted asylum since the outcome of asylum request is not something that I can guarantee, but I expect you are aware that only one in a hundred Nigerian asylum seekers are indeed deserving asylum, and that others seek asylum under bogus claims: also, be aware that most Nigerian asylum seekers fail however, many they are issued residence permit on humanitarian grounds: hardly would Canada deport anyone who does not pose security, social or health threat to the country
Tnx for taking time to respond to all one by one. Good job.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 23, 2013
@vicjustice, thank you very much.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by rakisha: 12:14am On Jul 24, 2013
Hello Vic, Justwise and all other members. I am back again. Pls I need your advice. I was just informed at work today that I am entitled to Leave Allowance of about 200k covering a period of 18months. The accountant called to ask if I want the money paid with my salary or if I want a cheque so I can pay into my savings account. Pls advice me. I am about applying for my Visa and I don't want a case of money lodgement if they pay it in my salary account.

Can I just collect the company cheque and attach it in its original state to the letter of identification from my company stating that the money is my allowance? Or should I let the company credit my account with this amount then use the letter of identification (stating dat I was paid leave allowance)as support?. Thanks alot
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 12:21am On Jul 24, 2013
rakisha: Hello Vic, Justwise and all other members. I am back again. Pls I need your advice. I was just informed at work today that I am entitled to Leave Allowance of about 200k covering a period of 18months. The accountant called to ask if I want the money paid with my salary or if I want a cheque so I can pay into my savings account. Pls advice me. I am about applying for my Visa and I don't want a case of money lodgement if they pay it in my salary account.

Can I just collect the company cheque and attach it in its original state to the letter of identification from my company stating that the money is my allowance? Or should I let the company credit my account with this amount then use the letter of identification (stating dat I was paid leave allowance)as support?. Thanks alot
If your work company paid the money into your account, wouldn't the record show the source of income?
I suppose the lodgement will show the details, so, it should be totally safe to present a bank statement with such lodgement
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by rakisha: 5:17am On Jul 24, 2013
Thank you Vicjustice.

Vicjustice:
If your work company paid the money into your account, wouldn't the record show the source of income?
I suppose the lodgement will show the details, so, it should be totally safe to present a bank statement with such lodgement
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by rakisha: 6:52pm On Jul 24, 2013
Hello VicJustice,
Please I have another issue thats needs your advice.
My friend who is inviting me to the UK is a good friend of mine, we were in high school together and have maintained our relationship over the years. He is a permanent resident of the UK now. He lives alone in a 3 bedroom apart but the house belongs to his dad thus he pays no rent. His dad was based in the UK before coming back to nigeria 5 years ago to start up a business. All the papers for the house are in his father's name as he still pays the major utility bills such as electricity etc from nigeria.

He is a temporary contract worker through a recruitment agency but his last contract job ended in Feb and has no payslips. The recruitment agency hasnt gotten any other job for him since then. He has however been doing Jury duty for a while and he gets a stipend as transport and feeding allowance paid in cash to him. The documents he sent to me are: Invitation letter, Internet and Telephone bills, resident permit, biodata page of passport, letter indicating that he is a contract staff and bank statement (very active but with a closing balance of -500 pounds overdraft).

Should I go ahead to submit my application without the bank statement, payslips and mortgage (because it is not in his name). The only reason I am staying with him is because he has a free house and i dont have enough money to book a hotel. What are my chances? The only other person I know is my neighbour who is a student.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 9:31pm On Jul 24, 2013
rakisha: Hello VicJustice,
Please I have another issue thats needs your advice.
My friend who is inviting me to the UK is a good friend of mine, we were in high school together and have maintained our relationship over the years. He is a permanent resident of the UK now. He lives alone in a 3 bedroom apart but the house belongs to his dad thus he pays no rent. His dad was based in the UK before coming back to nigeria 5 years ago to start up a business. All the papers for the house are in his father's name as he still pays the major utility bills such as electricity etc from nigeria.

He is a temporary contract worker through a recruitment agency but his last contract job ended in Feb and has no payslips. The recruitment agency hasnt gotten any other job for him since then. He has however been doing Jury duty for a while and he gets a stipend as transport and feeding allowance paid in cash to him. The documents he sent to me are: Invitation letter, Internet and Telephone bills, resident permit, biodata page of passport, letter indicating that he is a contract staff and bank statement (very active but with a closing balance of -500 pounds overdraft).

Should I go ahead to submit my application without the bank statement, payslips and mortgage (because it is not in his name). The only reason I am staying with him is because he has a free house and i dont have enough money to book a hotel. What are my chances? The only other person I know is my neighbour who is a student.
There is no need to talk about other matters or to give advice on the procedures to acquire the visa because, the person inviting you (your friend) does not qualify to invite someone into the UK and you guys are doing it all wrong therefore, his invitation letter does not hold any water.
First of all, (though the house belongs to his father,) your friend is not legitimately in charge of the property therefore, he lacks the official rights to invite someone into it: his employment status and social circumstances are also very wrong... Cheers
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by aronkyshire: 6:36pm On Jul 25, 2013
Good evening here.

Please has anyone applied to UK recently using ONLY scanned documents and got the Visa? I have never applied before and the person inviting me has sent all the needed documents in scanned form via email.

I heard that I have to submit all documents in both original form and extra copies in photocopied form. That the Home Office will keep the photocopies and return the originals. Please confirm so that I can send in my application with the right documents in the proper form.

The documents sent are: Invitation Letter, Utility Bills, Tax papers, Passport biodata page, payslip, resident permit, mortgage papers. Thank you
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 7:36pm On Jul 26, 2013
aronkyshire: Good evening here.

Please has anyone applied to UK recently using ONLY scanned documents and got the Visa? I have never applied before and the person inviting me has sent all the needed documents in scanned form via email.

I heard that I have to submit all documents in both original form and extra copies in photocopied form. That the Home Office will keep the photocopies and return the originals. Please confirm so that I can send in my application with the right documents in the proper form.

The documents sent are: Invitation Letter, Utility Bills, Tax papers, Passport biodata page, payslip, resident permit, mortgage papers. Thank you
Is this particular question not answered in the original post?
You have to present the original papers of every hard document (even along with the photocopies)... the only documents that can be accepted in photocopies are the identification documents (Passport and Residence Permit) of the person that is inviting you
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by izeprince(m): 1:37pm On Jul 30, 2013
@justwise/ vicjustwise, why re u guys benching austria student thread na? E no make sense dat way na, I (we) re left out on d whole student visa issh here nd the most annoyin part is, if som1 creates a new thread concernin austria u guys will just come out 4rm no where nd close d thread...thas not just wise.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by justwise(m): 1:52pm On Jul 30, 2013
ize prince: @justwise/ vicjustwise, why re u guys benching austria student thread na? E no make sense dat way na, I (we) re left out on d whole student visa issh here nd the most annoyin part is, if som1 creates a new thread concernin austria u guys will just come out 4rm no where nd close d thread...thas not just wise.

Why not start helping out here https://www.nairaland.com/700645/how-convenient-student-life-austria/2#17118258

That is an Austria thread. What else do you want?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by debolay: 2:04pm On Jul 30, 2013
@justwise

Please i need your opinion on this

My mum in law has a british passport (got it in the 80s). for reasons best known to her she didn't file for her daughter (now my wife age 31+) we have 2 kids. First child was given birth to in the uk. we all have uk visas, i visit the uk frequently.
my mum inlaw now lives in ireland. she suggested that she can process my children's documents in ireland especially my first child because she was given birth to in the uk. Please how possible is this?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by justwise(m): 2:13pm On Jul 30, 2013
debolay: @justwise

My mum in law has a british passport (got it in the 80s). for reasons best known to her she didn't file for her daughter (now my wife age 31+) we have 2 kids. First child was given birth to in the uk. we all have uk visas, i visit the uk frequently.
my mum inlaw now lives in ireland. she suggested that she can process my children's documents in ireland especially my first child because she was given birth to in the uk. Please how possible is this?

That will be a miracle, those kids are not hers, its almost impossible
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by debolay: 2:39pm On Jul 30, 2013
@justwise.

hmmm. that is serious. But can my daughter get a british passport with her present status as being born in the uk? she has her birth certificate and other stuff
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by seekern: 4:39pm On Jul 30, 2013
Pls I really don't know how to use dis site tho but pls I have a question am 17 yrs old and lost ma mum.so a family friend who is a nurse and a citizen wants me to come over she is my sponsor.she barely has time and she asked me to find out what the embassy will need apart from the invitation letter and what document will I need to prove a strong tie to my country. She just wants me to visit for 3weeks. Pls help me out here

Some one shld pls help me out am begging
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by justwise(m): 6:09pm On Jul 30, 2013
debolay: @justwise.

hmmm. that is serious. But can my daughter get a british passport with her present status as being born in the uk? she has her birth certificate and other stuff

She can't because you or your wife are not British citizens or holding permanent residency paper, the UK stopped citizen by birth long ago. I think Ireland still have that system but the UK stopped.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 6:53pm On Jul 30, 2013
debolay: @justwise

There are some countries (like Greece, Cyprus, Israel etc) that have some flexible regulations that entitle anyone who is able to prove that s/he is a descendant of their citizen to claim citizenship irrespective of the generation, age or place of birth: this is the avenue through which many people who were more or less lost generation Greeks (in Russia, Georgia and environs) returned to Greece... these returnees are called Pontios.
If your wife was born outside the UK (and her Mother was already a british citizen before her birth), she could have claimed her citizenship before she turned 18 years of age, but now that she is over, she can not become a citizen by parental rights.

And as for your children, (though i can't recall, but) i suppose that your Mother in-law can put in applications for the grand children who are under 18 to claim the British citizenship: that is if she was already a British before the birth of their mother, but if later, then forget it
Why not encourage your in-law to call in the home office and inquire?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Joeself1(m): 10:29pm On Aug 04, 2013
Hi everyone,pls i want to know all requirements for Qatar 5 years work visa and if it is real---the fees and recommend a good agent for me pls...thanks in advance!!!
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Nobody: 4:43am On Aug 15, 2013
@everyone ,pls is an appointment necessary when submitting printed uk visitors visa application form?
Also whats the visa fee for 6mths visa?
Cant seem to get that info on their site as they only mention paying at sterling bank.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by solomonwis(m): 5:12am On Aug 15, 2013
Cyndas: @everyone ,pls is an appointment necessary when submitting printed uk visitors visa application form?
Also whats the visa fee for 6mths visa?
Cant seem to get that info on their site as they only mention paying at sterling bank.

Appointment is not necessary for visit visa application.

visa application fee for 6 months is N20,800

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries/nigeria/fees1/?langname=UK English
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 10:17am On Aug 15, 2013
solomonwis:

Appointment is not necessary for visit visa application.

visa application fee for 6 months is N20,800

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries/nigeria/fees1/?langname=UK English
This is incorrect, you can't get to the finish page of the online application without choosing an appointment date and time: or perhaps the Nigerian online application process is different
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by solomonwis(m): 11:53am On Aug 15, 2013
Vicjustice:
This is incorrect, you can't get to the finish page of the online application without choosing an appointment date and time: or perhaps the Nigerian online application process is different

It is not incorrect.

You only need to book an appointment when you are submitting a Tier 4 (student) Visa
https://www.vfs.firm.in/ng-apptsystem/appscheduling/appwelcome.aspx
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by justwise(m): 12:29pm On Aug 15, 2013
solomonwis:

It is not incorrect.

You only need to book an appointment when you are submitting a Tier 4 (student) Visa

You are right, i just confirm that from this list http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries/online/where/?langname=null
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 3:40pm On Aug 15, 2013
solomonwis:

It is not incorrect.

Like I said, "perhaps the Nigerian online application process is different".
Nigerian citizens applying for a UK visa in European countries can't get to the finish page without making appointment: and payments are also made online.
I think the rampart practices of fraud and the lack of security might have compelled embassies to be demanding manual processes and cash payments from Nigerians in Nigeria.
I appreciate your information.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Joeself1(m): 9:46pm On Aug 15, 2013
Joe_self: Hi everyone,pls i want to know all requirements for Qatar 5 years work visa and if it is real---the fees and recommend a good agent for me pls...thanks in advance!!!
abeg,answer me nao!!!
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by cydophobia(m): 4:17pm On Sep 04, 2013
Vicjustice:
Like I said, "perhaps the Nigerian online application process is different".
Nigerian citizens applying for a UK visa in European countries can't get to the finish page without making appointment: and payments are also made online.
I think the rampart practices of fraud and the lack of security might have compelled embassies to be demanding manual processes and cash payments from Nigerians in Nigeria.
I appreciate your information.

@Vicjustice

With due respect,pls i need to get in touch with you on some personal issues which i would not want to discuss here.
Pls i will appreciate if you can send me a mail on abassido4u@yahoo.com.

Thankx.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 4:59pm On Sep 04, 2013
cydophobia:

@Vicjustice

With due respect,pls i need to get in touch with you on some personal issues which i would not want to discuss here.
Pls i will appreciate if you can send me a mail on abassido4u@yahoo.com.

Thankx.
Ok, I'll grant your request if your account contains a profile of your given Name; Surname; Date Of Birth; Home Address and Photograph. These personal data would mean that your query is confidential.
But if your account is as empty as it is, then your request makes no sense
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by KehindeOmololu: 6:30pm On Sep 05, 2013
Please can you give me an estimate for master programe in Poland.....its urgent pls
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by tundenene(m): 10:53pm On Sep 24, 2013
pls can any body help me out with question applying for master in one of d university italy and my Anuty will be d one to sponsor my master program in of d italian university and she is a citizen of italy what will i ask her to send to me as a prove so dat i can show it to d italian embassy when going for visa application as a prove. thanks
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 9:15pm On Sep 27, 2013
tundenene: pls can any body help me out with question applying for master in one of d university italy and my Anuty will be d one to sponsor my master program in of d italian university and she is a citizen of italy what will i ask her to send to me as a prove so dat i can show it to d italian embassy when going for visa application as a prove. thanks
That would be hard now, I don't see how the Italian embassy would consider any proof as valid-that an "aunt" is your sponsor

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (23) (Reply)

More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses / My Monthly Savings In Canada / Abuja City - Videos and Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.