Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,022 members, 7,814,491 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

BB 10 will ground Blackberry - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / BB 10 will ground Blackberry (31834 Views)

HTC 10 Will Be The Most Powerful Smartphone Ever / Blackberry Prepares To Update BB 10.2 With Support For Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean / Breaking News: Blackberry 10 Will Be Running Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Francheezy(m): 6:24pm On Feb 01, 2013
hmph...if i subscribe t0 gl0 c0wEEk, and i change my APN t0 blackberry.net.
W0nt it w0rk ?
Abi n0 b b!s ?
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by bedford101(m): 6:25pm On Feb 01, 2013
cheesy iphone5 on my mind

1 Like

Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Akainzo(m): 6:25pm On Feb 01, 2013
Ileke-IdI:
[size=28pt]Who still uses BB?

This is 2013? [/size]

Over 65% of Nigerian smartphone users.
Over 40% of Canadian smartphone users
Over 35% of UK Smartphone users
Over 12% of Europe Smartphone users
Over 8% of US smartphone users
Over 80% of Fortune 500 company CEOs.

Now have I answered your questions?

2 Likes

Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by shawndhabi: 6:28pm On Feb 01, 2013
chineduace:

http://www.humanipo.com/news/3634/Goodbye-BlackBerry-Internet-Service-African-market-could-look-elsewhere

With the new over priced and over hyped BB10, i hope BB lovers know that BIS is not supported on this new flagship from BB. Supsequently it will be migrated to older OS eventually. Nigeria holds the leading market in BB globally. My analysis is that if BIS goes away and since RIM is dead due to name change then BB will follow suit since Nigerians are addicted to data compression and almost unlimited data via BIS. Well i think it's time to move on.
Iphone still operates a closed system and Android is open to everything and everyone. So i guess it's Android all the way. Well this is just my opinion, you are entitled to yours.

Point of correction. Nigerians aren't the leading users of blackberry globally
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by bedford101(m): 6:29pm On Feb 01, 2013
chineduace: BB10 will not be running BIS. That is no more monthly supscription of BIS.... Do you understand. All your data consumption would be like every other phone.

that means pay as u ping, pay as u facebook and pay as u chat....am i right?

1 Like

Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by TUMIC(m): 6:33pm On Feb 01, 2013
BB FOR LIFE !!!! Sorry I mean
iPhone for ever
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 01, 2013
Brand_new:
I no know sey glow dey Yanks o!

I was mocking blackberry. I use an Android now. cheesy
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by badassnigga(m): 6:37pm On Feb 01, 2013
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by jedisco(m): 6:40pm On Feb 01, 2013
Akainzo:

You might want to review your figures cos I don't think they are current.
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by chineduace(m): 6:40pm On Feb 01, 2013
bedford101:

that means pay as u ping, pay as u facebook and pay as u chat....am i right?
yep
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Akainzo(m): 6:44pm On Feb 01, 2013
chineduace:

http://www.humanipo.com/news/3634/Goodbye-BlackBerry-Internet-Service-African-market-could-look-elsewhere

With the new over priced and over hyped BB10, i hope BB lovers know that BIS is not supported on this new flagship from BB. Supsequently it will be migrated to older OS eventually. Nigeria holds the leading market in BB globally. My analysis is that if BIS goes away and since RIM is dead due to name change then BB will follow suit since Nigerians are addicted to data compression and almost unlimited data via BIS. Well i think it's time to move on.
Iphone still operates a closed system and Android is open to everything and everyone. So i guess it's Android all the way. Well this is just my opinion, you are entitled to yours.

Very myopic view without any analytical input. SMH

When there is now a level playing field amongst all the handsets, Iphone5,SGSIII and the Z10, the determinat would now be personal preferences. If BlackBerry can get the popular apps (Skype, Netflix, Instagram, Amazon Kindle, etc) then it would come down to the user experience, stability, OS stability and capabilities of the smartphone. At this time, the Z10 would be the clear winner.
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by scram(m): 6:44pm On Feb 01, 2013
Ileke-IdI:
Who still uses BB?

This is 2013?

Akainzo:

Make una leave the wee-lass alone nau. grin grin grin
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by chineduace(m): 6:48pm On Feb 01, 2013
shawndhabi:

Point of correction. Nigerians aren't the leading users of blackberry globally
you may be shocked by what you may read now, even RIM confirmed that the future of BB is Africa, Particularly Nigeria.
www.crackberry.com/some-interesting-blackberry-statistics-nigeria
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Revolva(m): 6:49pm On Feb 01, 2013
Omo me I no send I still dey enjoy my BB it makes life easy for me ...cheap data plan BIS I can download till I tire...unlike andriod and ios...that sucks data ...I beg make person hear word BB rocks over here
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by aieromon(m): 6:50pm On Feb 01, 2013
sanchez4eva: We are gathered here today to say goodbye to blackberry and RIM....R.I.P BB(No BIS,No Blackberry)

RIM is dead,its now called BBRY.
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Nobody: 6:50pm On Feb 01, 2013
pDude:

I was mocking blackberry. I use an Android now. cheesy
I may soon get me an android too. Not sure if data rates would favour me though. The fisrt Android I got spent only a few hours with me before loosing it to grab and run guys. grin
Can't wait to toss my BB somewhere as soon as I get me another Android. smiley
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Gabrielsylar(m): 6:57pm On Feb 01, 2013
I just discovered how to run BIS on nokia 3310
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by AZeD1(m): 6:57pm On Feb 01, 2013
Akainzo:

Very myopic view without any analytical input. SMH

When there is now a level playing field amongst all the handsets, Iphone5,SGSIII and the Z10, the determinat would now be personal preferences. If BlackBerry can get the popular apps (Skype, Netflix, Instagram, Amazon Kindle, etc) then it would come down to the user experience, stability, OS stability and capabilities of the smartphone. At this time, the Z10 would be the clear winner.
The Z10 would not win for the following reasons
1)Fanboyism: This is greater than any user experience bla bla
2)OS Stability: Dude did you just say Z10 would win on OS stability? The Z10 OS is not even a year old and you think its more stable than Android and IOS?
3)Capabilities: Have you used the SGIII, or the Iphone?
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Nobody: 6:58pm On Feb 01, 2013
bedford101: cheesy iphone5 on my mind

i sure av dat for sale grin grin grin
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by sixtusjr(m): 6:58pm On Feb 01, 2013
[size=8pt][/size][b][/b]Dats bullshit
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by dayokanu(m): 7:00pm On Feb 01, 2013
In Loving memory of .. .. ..
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by ocelot2006(m): 7:00pm On Feb 01, 2013
Aaaaaaaaaaand i've just lost interest on the BB10.
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by segunsd: 7:02pm On Feb 01, 2013
ehyah... see features of Blackberry Q10 on http://naijapose.com/what-can-you-do-with-the-blackberry-q10/
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by deviduff(m): 7:03pm On Feb 01, 2013
pDude: Just look at the number of people looking into this thread. Den reach 1 million cheesy

Sent from blackberry from glo tongue
I tire o.
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by scram(m): 7:05pm On Feb 01, 2013
dayokanu: In Loving memory of .. .. ..

Blackberry no sorry BB grin
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by shanktang(m): 7:07pm On Feb 01, 2013
HTC all the way
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by ijebabe: 7:07pm On Feb 01, 2013
pDude: I used to think my blackberry was everything until I picked up the HTC 4G EVO Android phone. Since then, my blackberry has been gathering dust grin.

Let's see how Nigerians will react to this development. The BIS service is what is making blackberry lag behind. Remove that and see development in the phone's technology. The world is fast advancing beyond BIS technology.
Lol! True. You should hear them get defensive over why BB is the best there is grin
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Akainzo(m): 7:07pm On Feb 01, 2013
jedisco:

You might want to review your figures cos I don't think they are current.

Which one of them do you have issues with? What do you say is the right figure for that one you have issues with?
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Dodfather(m): 7:09pm On Feb 01, 2013
Blackcrackberry on the path to state of oblivion.
Android Os is my choice anyday.
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Akainzo(m): 7:12pm On Feb 01, 2013
A-ZeD:

The Z10 would not win for the following reasons
1)Fanboyism: This is greater than any user experience bla bla
2)OS Stability: Dude did you just say Z10 would win on OS stability? The Z10 OS is not even a year old and you think its more stable than Android and IOS?
3)Capabilities: Have you used the SGIII, or the Iphone?

On fanboyism, I have nothing to say, each to whatever makes him/her happy.

OS Stability, for your info, the QNX that powers the BB10 has been around over 25 years. It is the OS that is trusted to run nuclear plants all over the world, and it also runs the critical life support systems in hospitals. So my guy, that kernel is stable.

Tell me the capabilities of the SGSIII or iPhone that the Z10 does not have (just to remind you, an app is not a capbility o, na app e be smiley ) Or does it cook bread?
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Royalty1(m): 7:13pm On Feb 01, 2013
I do hope the teleco companies in nigeria will drop the price of data bundles.
High bundle at low price + data compression was what pushed most users to bb(at least in Nigeria).
Once I can get about 3Gb data on Android for say N1,500 monthly, then its good bye to BB.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Have 19k To Buy Phone But Need Suggestion Of Good One. / Nigerians Spend N197bn Monthly On Internet Data / Itel And Olamide Launch Itel P36 And P36 Pro In First Virtual Product Launch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.