Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

BB 10 will ground Blackberry - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / BB 10 will ground Blackberry (31828 Views)

HTC 10 Will Be The Most Powerful Smartphone Ever / Blackberry Prepares To Update BB 10.2 With Support For Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean / Breaking News: Blackberry 10 Will Be Running Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by badassnigga(m): 7:14pm On Feb 01, 2013
A-ZeD:

The Z10 would not win for the following reasons
1)Fanboyism: This is greater than any user experience bla bla
2)OS Stability: Dude did you just say Z10 would win on OS stability? The Z10 OS is not even a year old and you think its more stable than Android and IOS?
3)Capabilities: Have you used the SGIII, or the Iphone?

on point
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by chineduace(m): 7:19pm On Feb 01, 2013
Akainzo:

Very myopic view without any analytical input. SMH

When there is now a level playing field amongst all the handsets, Iphone5,SGSIII and the Z10, the determinat would now be personal preferences. If BlackBerry can get the popular apps (Skype, Netflix, Instagram, Amazon Kindle, etc) then it would come down to the user experience, stability, OS stability and capabilities of the smartphone. At this time, the Z10 would be the clear winner.
This your view is more myopic than mine.... How on earth can BB win the smart phone war... They are currently 5th in the world with drowning fortunes... You said user experience.... Na wa for you oh, you don see wetin samsung and apple de do for user experience... Even with BIS, BB was struggling, without BIS, where will they be... You are so unanalytical... BB may have the best everything in the world but my main point is that they are going down and BB10 may make the downward trend faster...
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Nobody: 7:24pm On Feb 01, 2013
ijebabe:
Lol! True. You should hear them get defensive over why BB is the best there is grin

Nne, if you see how me sef used to defense my blackberry, you go sorry for me. Now I feel so ashamed when I remember those days. smiley

1 Like

Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by AZeD1(m): 7:27pm On Feb 01, 2013
Akainzo:

On fanboyism, I have nothing to say, each to whatever makes him/her happy.

OS Stability, for your info, the QNX that powers the BB10 has been around over 25 years. It is the OS that is trusted to run nuclear plants all over the world, and it also runs the critical life support systems in hospitals. So my guy, that kernel is stable.

Tell me the capabilities of the SGSIII or iPhone that the Z10 does not have (just to remind you, an app is not a capbility o, na app e be smiley ) Or does it cook bread?
IOS and android all run off the linux kernel. Besides a mobile OS is different from a desktop OS so even though QNX might have been available for a while, its not been used on a mobile device.
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by texazzpete(m): 7:28pm On Feb 01, 2013
Akainzo:

Very myopic view without any analytical input. SMH

When there is now a level playing field amongst all the handsets, Iphone5,SGSIII and the Z10, the determinat would now be personal preferences. If BlackBerry can get the popular apps (Skype, Netflix, Instagram, Amazon Kindle, etc) then it would come down to the user experience, stability, OS stability and capabilities of the smartphone. At this time, the Z10 would be the clear winner.

It will take YEARS for the Blackberry World to catch up the app gap with iOS and Android.
There's ZERO indication that the Z10 is more stable than iOS. User experience isn't any much better than Android or iOS, read the reviews from Engadget and theVerge for clarity.

On Average, Z10 is inferior in specs to iPhone 5 and the likes of the Galaxy Note II. Xperia Z comes out Feb 28th in the UK with much more powerful specs than the Z10...this will be followed by the HTC M7 in March...then expect the S4 in April. All these phones sport much more powerful Quad core processors, powerful GPUs, 13MP cameras, 1080p screens and bigger batteries.

There's a reason the BBRY stock price is plummeting. Wall Street realizes that RIM has not done enough...and perhaps too little too late to save themselves. Sales will not be through the roof this quarter...it will be March before the Z10 hits the all important US market and mid-April before the Q10 hits. Many consumers in developing nations will keep their OS7 devices in a desperate bid to retain BIS.

Mobile World Congress 2013 comes up in February. All the latest superphones from HTC, Sony, Motorola, LG and Nokia will be announced then. Expect that event to obliterate all public awareness/excitement on BB10.
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by tjadeba(m): 7:34pm On Feb 01, 2013
Akainzo:

Over 65% of Nigerian smartphone users.
Over 40% of Canadian smartphone users
Over 35% of UK Smartphone users
Over 12% of Europe Smartphone users
Over 8% of US smartphone users
Over 80% of Fortune 500 company CEOs.

Now have I answered your questions?

Thanks a lot for the stats.I still like and enjoy my blackberry.Makes me stay close to my family back home in Nigeria and other parts of the world
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by jereal(m): 7:44pm On Feb 01, 2013
There's no way telecom operators, say MTN, would allow users access to unlimited internet service on an android/iOS-like OS...
this doesn't come as a surprise, we all know this was coming...
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by SisiKill1: 7:48pm On Feb 01, 2013
Na wa oh!

How many times are we gonna have a funeral service for BB on NL?!!

We should be doing Remembrance by now naa!

1 Like

Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by SisiKill1: 7:50pm On Feb 01, 2013
In a world where a whole Iphone is losing the Smartphone war. . .some people are still holding on to the thought that BB will win that war.

Talk about your delusional BB users. cheesy cheesy
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 01, 2013
smart one... OS 4.5 to preset os 7 offers BIS n now BB10 options like other OS* windows,apple,android n symbian* can adopt gsm n cdma providers....now u r talkin.
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by cupid4ig(m): 8:01pm On Feb 01, 2013
chineduace:

http://www.humanipo.com/news/3634/Goodbye-BlackBerry-Internet-Service-African-market-could-look-elsewhere

With the new over priced and over hyped BB10, i hope BB lovers know that BIS is not supported on this new flagship from BB. Supsequently it will be migrated to older OS eventually. Nigeria holds the leading market in BB globally. My analysis is that if BIS goes away and since RIM is dead due to name change then BB will follow suit since Nigerians are addicted to data compression and almost unlimited data via BIS. Well i think it's time to move on.
Iphone still operates a closed system and Android is open to everything and everyone. So i guess it's Android all the way. Well this is just my opinion, you are entitled to yours.
u are juat an ediot over hyped have u used the phone? nigerian mentality smh undecided
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by jedisco(m): 8:01pm On Feb 01, 2013
Akainzo:

Which one of them do you have issues with? What do you say is the right figure for that one you have issues with?

Though I haven't checked it up, I think the UK, US, and to a certain extent the EU numbers don't look like figures from 12 months ago.
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by jedisco(m): 8:07pm On Feb 01, 2013
Sisi_Kill: In a world where a whole Iphone is losing the Smartphone war. . .some people are still holding on to the thought that BB will win that war.

Talk about your delusional BB users. cheesy cheesy

iPhone loosing smartphone war??

Please enlighten me on that.
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by cupid4ig(m): 8:09pm On Feb 01, 2013
pls get ur facts right bb10 supports bis just that it depends on the network provider am pretty sure african countries will support bis. haters goona hate tongue tongue bb rocks
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by badassnigga(m): 8:20pm On Feb 01, 2013
bb7 can't b upgraded to bb10.
so bb7 users are left in d dust cheesy
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by ayodot(m): 8:26pm On Feb 01, 2013
android anyday, android any time. for the fact that it open source, evolution is endless.
Pray make them no stop BIS oh, as I dey enjoy my BIS unlimited data for my android.
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Arcard(m): 8:38pm On Feb 01, 2013
Can iphone use sim card
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Zulele: 8:40pm On Feb 01, 2013
Una too worry jor!
Is it not ONLY BB10 that BIS is missing? What about other blackberries that already have BIS? This wahala only affects the BB10. Moreover,the only thing that blackberry users will miss the most is the bbm. Atleast,cheating on your partners through PINGs will stop!
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by obi4eze(m): 8:42pm On Feb 01, 2013
Now I understand when people say that Blackberry is dead on arrival. I'm a fan of blackberry but ...
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Nobody: 8:47pm On Feb 01, 2013
confusion247: How do you mean BIS is not supported on BB 10 series?

Ask your lecturer?
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by omobone(m): 8:47pm On Feb 01, 2013
A-ZeD:

The Z10 would not win for the following reasons
1)Fanboyism: This is greater than any user experience bla bla
2)OS Stability: Dude did you just say Z10 would win on OS stability? The Z10 OS is not even a year old and you think its more stable than Android and IOS?
3)Capabilities: Have you used the SGIII, or the Iphone?

Hmmm, smh. Can you take time to read this:

http://m.crackberry.com/history-qnx-and-it%E2%80%99s-implementation-blackberry-10
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Nobody: 8:49pm On Feb 01, 2013
amblors: Lol, the device is currently on sale in the UK, I just checked carphonewarehouse website and they have data plans ranging from 1GB to Unlimited data.
So if BIS is gone and there are vendors offering unlimited data, I'll jump on it. That's IF BIS is gone.

Don't break your leg.
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 01, 2013
Ileke-IdI:
[size=28pt]Who still uses BB?

This is 2013? [/size]

I have not even started using it in the first place. I just dey hear am for ear.

Which babe go buy me BB?
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Nobody: 8:56pm On Feb 01, 2013
Since the BIS was an added benefit to their African users, then the BB10 will be of no use to most Nigerians. They should still improve on the BB7 though
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Nobody: 8:57pm On Feb 01, 2013
mrkels:
More Like 93% **Smartphone** Users in nigeria ...

There is hardly any girl who doesnt own a BB even Akara sellers. ''BaBe = BB'', remove the 'a' and 'e'. GBAM!!!
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by cooltony09: 9:00pm On Feb 01, 2013
Iphone-jailbreak
Android-root
Symbian-hack
BB-
I ve used all dis fones..they all ve dere advantages..bb is not a smartphone buh RIM is smart..indeed very smart
If not 4 bis,2 power my android n my laptop..won't b stuck on bb5..n I won't lie d xperience on bbm is 2nd to none..buh if I can't root,hack or jailbreak or do sth 2 my bb..then it's nt a smartfone...goodluck wt bb10..
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 01, 2013
jedisco:

Not really. The last figure I saw (which was late last year) says just over 50%. But that figure is growing very fast.
Don't forget that there are still quite a number of old symbian users and also the asha touch is becoming quite popular. (but i don't think those were included in last years figure)

Oga, do you call Asha a smartphone

Na hin be say i get 2 smartphone and another smart nokia ''touch''. He hehe.
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 01, 2013
bedford101: cheesy iphone5 on my mind

Its not news, e dey my mind too. Btw it can remain in your mind till 2030. Dont you know?
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by grandstar(m): 9:06pm On Feb 01, 2013
chineduace:

http://www.humanipo.com/news/3634/Goodbye-BlackBerry-Internet-Service-African-market-could-look-elsewhere

With the new over priced and over hyped BB10, i hope BB lovers know that BIS is not supported on this new flagship from BB. Supsequently it will be migrated to older OS eventually. Nigeria holds the leading market in BB globally. My analysis is that if BIS goes away and since RIM is dead due to name change then BB will follow suit since Nigerians are addicted to data compression and almost unlimited data via BIS. Well i think it's time to move on.
Iphone still operates a closed system and Android is open to everything and everyone. So i guess it's Android all the way. Well this is just my opinion, you are entitled to yours.

Nigeria is not the number 1 BB market in the world. In South Africa, 50% of all smartphones are BB.

We should stop over rating ourselves. If Nigeria was such a huge market, they might have launched it here!! grin
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Nobody: 9:11pm On Feb 01, 2013
Akainzo:

Over 65% of Nigerian smartphone users.
Over 40% of Canadian smartphone users
Over 35% of UK Smartphone users
Over 12% of Europe Smartphone users
Over 8% of US smartphone users
Over 80% of Fortune 500 company CEOs.

Now have I answered your questions?

I concurr with the last on the list. Most banks and multinationals insist their bank managers and branch operations managers must own blackberry for easy flow of business information.

But your forget more than 95% of Nigerian girls own Blackberry.
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by grandstar(m): 9:12pm On Feb 01, 2013
jedisco:

iPhone loosing smartphone war??

Please enlighten me on that.

It was said as much on CNN yesterday. There are more android users than iphone users and people want to connect. All more services are made for android that for iphone.

The iphone may end up becoming an ultra niche market
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by BluStreak(m): 9:37pm On Feb 01, 2013
@grandster, you guys lƠ̴͡Ơ̴͡k down on Nigeria too much. The BIG market in Nigeria lies in our population. South Africa's population is just over 50million, Nigeria has a population of well over 160million. You do the maths. Nigeria is a big market for Blackberry and No.1 in Africa.

For the record. BIS is not getting scrapped on BB10. BB10 BIS will only cover enterprise applications and BBM traffic. Every other traffic will be via data bundle from ur network provider. This the simple fact.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

3 Reasons Why Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp! / This Is Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Iphone Right NOW / I Have 19k To Buy Phone But Need Suggestion Of Good One.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.