Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,913 members, 7,814,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

BB 10 will ground Blackberry - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / BB 10 will ground Blackberry (31831 Views)

HTC 10 Will Be The Most Powerful Smartphone Ever / Blackberry Prepares To Update BB 10.2 With Support For Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean / Breaking News: Blackberry 10 Will Be Running Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by tweet2mua: 10:27am On Feb 03, 2013

1 Like

Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Niiade(m): 12:03pm On Feb 03, 2013
Well this pictures can help

Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by chineduace(m): 12:00pm On Apr 04, 2013
so after all the noise... S4 silenced everyone including iphone fanboys... Have you all agreed that BB10 is over priced and over hyped...
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by UyiIredia(m): 8:46am On May 26, 2013
Apparently there are undeniable advantages of Android phones over BB such as better apps, better hardware features and a more flexible customizability. I still don't see it heralding the death of BB in Nigeria because of the widespread appeal of BIS & BBM to the Nigerian populace. Was at Affordables recently to get a BB and the place was crowded with BB customers. I think most (not all) Android phones lack the competitive edge in terms of pricing. The one that comes close is Galaxy Pocket but its form factor brings disadvantages such as a short batter life and difficulty typing. Nuff said.
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Kennyinusa(m): 10:48am On May 26, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Apparently there are undeniable advantages of Android phones over BB such as better apps, better hardware features and a more flexible customizability. I still don't see it heralding the death of BB in Nigeria because of the widespread appeal of BIS & BBM to the Nigerian populace. Was at Affordables recently to get a BB and the place was crowded with BB customers. I think most (not all) Android phones lack the competitive edge in terms of pricing. The one that comes close is Galaxy Pocket but its form factor brings disadvantages such as a short batter life and difficulty typing. Nuff said.

Let me clear the air by saying a Normal bis subscription works just done on the blackberry 10 devices.
You said something about better apps which I think is not so true cos I have the baddest of apps on my z10(skype, instagram, Netflix to name a few).
Hardware ability too is not a problem cos the z10 is a dual core, 2 gig ram phone( how many of your over hyped droids has such spec)
The blackberry 10 device is the bomb. The only advantage the droids had over BlackBerry was the apps available to users. But now I can easily get most if not all DROID apps.
I bet you DROID freaks will soon join the BlackBerry league.
Sent from my blackberry DROID.
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by physise(m): 11:36am On May 26, 2013
Kennyinusa:

Let me clear the air by saying a Normal bis subscription works just done on the blackberry 10 devices.
You said something about better apps which I think is not so true cos I have the baddest of apps on my z10(skype, instagram, Netflix to name a few).
Hardware ability too is not a problem cos the z10 is a dual core, 2 gig ram phone( how many of your over hyped droids has such spec)
The blackberry 10 device is the bomb. The only advantage the droids had over BlackBerry was the apps available to users. But now I can easily get most if not all DROID apps.
I bet you DROID freaks will soon join the BlackBerry league.
Sent from my blackberry DROID.
blackberry wey dey go soon ban 4 nigeria
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Kennyinusa(m): 11:39am On May 26, 2013
physise: blackberry wey dey go soon ban 4 nigeria
Please try and be more realistic. grin who wan ban am?
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by sandraa(f): 9:26am On Jun 11, 2013
Please i went to mtn yesterday to cut my sim for my z10, i didnt ask about the data cos i thot i will just switch over as usual but to my surprise i was not at all. No single internet on my phone, my little credit was zapped off.

Please how did you guys manage to get your bb data plan to work? Do i need to go to mtn again?
i normally use bbc so can i still use that?

Please advice needed asap.
I have actually goneback to my old fone (another sim though since they cut my old sim)
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by sandraa(f): 4:48pm On Jun 12, 2013
Hey guys bis works on z10 i finally took my phone to mtn and they changed my internet setting on my phone to suit bis.
The guy said when the phone was launched it could not work on bis but with the new os they ve fixed the tweak and now you can still enjoy bis data plan.

The only isssh is i cant seem to connect with bridge to use my playbook.
Hope that will be fixed soon sha.
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by chineduace(m): 10:49pm On Sep 23, 2013
When i said BB is dead, people almost had my neck... Now you can all see my prediction. BB's downfall started with this Blackberry 10, they ignored the emerging markets, China and Africa... Now they are counting their losses. I still hail Nokia for holding the botton pyramid strongly, now they are about to displace the almighty Iphone in the smartphone war...
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by talktimi(m): 4:18am On Sep 24, 2013
chineduace: When i said BB is dead, people almost had my neck... Now you can all see my prediction. BB's downfall started with this Blackberry 10, they ignored the emerging markets, China and Africa... Now they are counting their losses. I still hail Nokia for holding the botton pyramid strongly, now they are about to displace the almighty Iphone in the smartphone war...
pls elaborate on that nokia displacing iphone part, whats the story ? As i heard microsoft is in the process of buying nokia phones. Thanks
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by chineduace(m): 6:53am On Sep 24, 2013
talktimi: pls elaborate on that nokia displacing iphone part, whats the story ? As i heard microsoft is in the process of buying nokia phones. Thanks

www.bluecloudsolutions.com/articles/windows-phones-outselling-iphones/

my point still remains: never ignore emerging markets, they hold the key to the future, BB 10 design never had emerging markets in mind and now they are paying for it. Iphone has similar issues, lets watch and see.
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Mystiqme: 12:26pm On Sep 24, 2013
chineduace:

my point still remains: never ignore emerging markets, they hold the key to the future, BB 10 design never had emerging markets in mind and now they are paying for it. Iphone has similar issues, lets watch and see.
Your article mentions that Nokia outsells iphones in some countries. I do not see nokia displacing iphones, much as I would love that to happen.I agree that iphone does not have emerging markets in mind, but do you know the volume of iphone users in the US alone?
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by caukerzee(m): 12:52pm On Sep 25, 2013
chineduace:

Apple hold the number one spot in the global smartphone market share. Samsung is second. Then you have LG, Sony, HTC , Hawie following. Nokia has alot of work to do. Get your facts right.
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by chineduace(m): 12:45pm On Jul 21, 2016
chineduace:

http://www.humanipo.com/news/3634/Goodbye-BlackBerry-Internet-Service-African-market-could-look-elsewhere

With the new over priced and over hyped BB10, i hope BB lovers know that BIS is not supported on this new flagship from BB. Supsequently it will be migrated to older OS eventually. Nigeria holds the leading market in BB globally. My analysis is that if BIS goes away and since RIM is dead due to name change then BB will follow suit since Nigerians are addicted to data compression and almost unlimited data via BIS. Well i think it's time to move on.
Iphone still operates a closed system and Android is open to everything and everyone. So i guess it's Android all the way. Well this is just my opinion, you are entitled to yours.
Also check this link
www.mobility.com.ng/blackberry-10-data-consumption-you-cannot-eat-your-cake-have-it/

prophecy has been fulfilled.....!!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

3 Reasons Why Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp! / This Is Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Iphone Right NOW / I Have 19k To Buy Phone But Need Suggestion Of Good One.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.