Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

BB 10 will ground Blackberry - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / BB 10 will ground Blackberry (31829 Views)

HTC 10 Will Be The Most Powerful Smartphone Ever / Blackberry Prepares To Update BB 10.2 With Support For Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean / Breaking News: Blackberry 10 Will Be Running Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by caukerzee(m): 9:59pm On Feb 01, 2013
I used to like my BB, but the apps grew bigger and overwhelmed it. I've been on andriod ever since and i've not seen one single advantage that will want to make me want to switch back to BB. the specs of andriodOS and iOS are by far greater than that of BB, not to even mention user expiriece. This device will surely give nokia windows 8 a run for its money but surely not iOS6 or andriod jellybean 4.2.1. RIP RIM
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by charles0922(m): 10:16pm On Feb 01, 2013
Dnt get wat is meant enterprise applications and bbm traffic
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by claycares: 10:28pm On Feb 01, 2013
Blackberry cannot die, at least not like Palm OS, because
- they are considering licensing the OS like MS, so you'd find OEM like a Samsung phone running the Blackberry OS,
- they may sell the hardware arm of the company to cut expenditure,
- QNX on which the BB10 OS is built has a lot of potentials,
- security is a serious business, and since BB os is a closed source os, it will still have a market share
- carriers like BB because they work closely with them, and
- Like Google that acquired Moto Mobility to survive, they also have a patent empire.
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by sundayid(m): 10:34pm On Feb 01, 2013
Royalty1: I do hope the teleco companies in nigeria will drop the price of data bundles.
High bundle at low price + data compression was what pushed most users to bb(at least in Nigeria).
Once I can get about 3Gb data on Android for say N1,500 monthly, then its good bye to BB.
I use glo bis on my htc Mytouch 4G Android smartphone. its just N1200 for a month and 3GB data

1 Like

Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by VirginFinder: 10:45pm On Feb 01, 2013
mrkels:
Same person with a different Moniker cheesy

You are wrong!
Seun is a nerd. No offence.
He's not a sports/foolball person like mukina is.
mukina is female and she may be a close family relation of his.
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by pj3400(m): 10:52pm On Feb 01, 2013
pls all these ppl that claim they uses android or iPhone, do they browse for free? have been using BIS for close to 2 to 3 years which i use to browse on my Nokia phone or as modem even though i just started using BB for close to 6 month now. abi data plan no be monthly oe weekly contribution
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by chineduace(m): 10:56pm On Feb 01, 2013
Guys, Check out this link
www.mobility.com.ng/blackberry-10-data-consumption-you-cannot-eat-your-cake-have-it/
pls lets do a head count, those in support of BB10 say aye.... Those against say nay.... NAAAY... !!!
The nays have it....
RIP RIM.... Sorry BB10....lol
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by jedisco(m): 11:08pm On Feb 01, 2013
okpara ugo:

Oga, do you call Asha a smartphone

Na hin be say i get 2 smartphone and another smart nokia ''touch''. He hehe.

Nokia classifies the full asha touch as smartphones. Although I was skeptical at first, I see no reason why they shouldn't be classified as such.

If you have issues with that, you can start by telling us what smartphones are and why ashas are not.
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by 1oracle(m): 11:12pm On Feb 01, 2013
chineduace:
This your view is more myopic than mine.... How on earth can BB win the smart phone war... They are currently 5th in the world with drowning fortunes... You said user experience.... Na wa for you oh, you don see wetin samsung and apple de do for user experience... Even with BIS, BB was struggling, without BIS, where will they be... You are so unanalytical... BB may have the best everything in the world but my main point is that they are going down and BB10 may make the downward trend faster...
Who so ever that gave them the idea of dropping BIS was the one that nailed their coffin.
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by ayodot(m): 11:14pm On Feb 01, 2013
pDude:

Nne, if you see how me sef used to defense my blackberry, you go sorry for me. Now I feel so ashamed when I remember those days. smiley

LOL
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by pekelepekele(m): 11:15pm On Feb 01, 2013
Ileke-IdI:
[size=28pt]Who still uses BB?

This is 2013? [/size]

No 2010
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by pekelepekele(m): 11:15pm On Feb 01, 2013
Ileke-IdI:

This is 2013? [/size]

But you posted this through someone's BB because na palasa you dey use, fear God grin
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by luluosas(m): 11:17pm On Feb 01, 2013
sundaybam: Who cares, bis or no bis. I use bb for 7month and Am tired of the phone monthly salary Am currently using iphone 5 that's my new pet. I luv it than bb by far
Bros, can you compare the money you spent on your BB with that of the iPhone you are using now?
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by luluosas(m): 11:19pm On Feb 01, 2013
Ileke-IdI:

This is 2013? [/size]
I am very sure you posted this comment using a Blackberry plan on your non Blackberry phone/device.
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by jedisco(m): 11:20pm On Feb 01, 2013
grandstar:

It was said as much on CNN yesterday. There are more android users than iphone users and people want to connect. All more services are made for android that for iphone.

The iphone may end up becoming an ultra niche market

The fact that android has more market share than iOS doesn't make iOS a failure.
Though I agree that apple is facing really stiff competition and have to do something drastic to guarantee their future, but that does not change the fact that they are by far the most profitable tech company in the world.
One thing you should understand is that Apple is a premium brand and don't need very large market share to be profitable.

The only services that are made first for android are usually Google's services. All other services I've come across are first brought to iOS before android or at most done together.
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by henry007(m): 11:52pm On Feb 01, 2013
chineduace:

http://www.humanipo.com/news/3634/Goodbye-BlackBerry-Internet-Service-African-market-could-look-elsewhere

With the new over priced and over hyped BB10, i hope BB lovers know that BIS is not supported on this new flagship from BB. Supsequently it will be migrated to older OS eventually. Nigeria holds the leading market in BB globally. My analysis is that if BIS goes away and since RIM is dead due to name change then BB will follow suit since Nigerians are addicted to data compression and almost unlimited data via BIS. Well i think it's time to move on.
Iphone still operates a closed system and Android is open to everything and everyone. So i guess it's Android all the way. Well this is just my opinion, you are entitled to yours.
Also check this link
www.mobility.com.ng/blackberry-10-data-consumption-you-cannot-eat-your-cake-have-it/
if bis isint functional that automatically means bes isint.....which makes the ALL NEW blackberry balance redundant so apply small sense bikozienu.
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by ijebabe: 11:56pm On Feb 01, 2013
pDude:

Nne, if you see how me sef used to defense my blackberry, you go sorry for me. Now I feel so ashamed when I remember those days. smiley
grin
The BB has always been a boring phone. Never wasted money on it but I understand why its preferable there.
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by KazaaUpload: 1:12am On Feb 02, 2013
grandstar:

It was said as much on CNN yesterday. There are more android users than iphone users and people want to connect. All more services are made for android that for iphone.

The iphone may end up becoming an ultra niche market

More android users but that's partly because there are only three iPhone models on sale today (4, 4s, 5) vs probably more than 50 androids. So it's normal that the numbers using like those 50 phones all made by different manufacturers(like Samsung, Sony, Motorola, HTC etc) should be more than the numbers using just 3 handsets made by one company (Apple)
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Nobody: 4:05am On Feb 02, 2013
Finally BB don commit suicide! D only thing ppl are tolerating them for ,they want to take away!
How come South Africa is mentioned above Nigeria? We use 50% of BBs in Africa na.
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Nobody: 4:11am On Feb 02, 2013
Virgin Finder:

You are wrong!
Seun is a nerd. No offence.
He's not a sports/foolball person like mukina is.
mukina is female and she may be a close family relation of his.

mukina is a (malfunctioning) software created by seun or she z cleopatra while seun is mark anthony.
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by scram(m): 4:57am On Feb 02, 2013
20pounds:

mukina is a (malfunctioning) software created by seun or she z cleopatra while seun is mark anthony.

Okay! We don hear

1 Like

Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by scram(m): 5:02am On Feb 02, 2013
Ileke-IdI:

This is 2013? [/size]

11 likes for this rubbish post? What should we use since it's 2013 then? Children playing on NL angry
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Nobody: 6:46am On Feb 02, 2013
na waa oo Tecno don make life easy every cat and tommy nw use N3 dy boast say dem dy use Android....
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by repogirl(f): 6:53am On Feb 02, 2013
mchew* throws away bb10 plans*, Samsung S3, google nexus 4, Here I come. These BB abi RIM people want to crash their company on purpose, will manage my humble bold2 till then. Dont they get that why they are patronised so well over here is because of the unlimited data plan for such a reasonable amount.
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Nobody: 6:58am On Feb 02, 2013
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Nobody: 7:03am On Feb 02, 2013
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Nobody: 7:06am On Feb 02, 2013
repogirl: mchew* throws away bb10 plans*, Samsung S3, google nexus 4, Here I come. These BB abi RIM people want to crash their company on purpose, will manage my humble bold2 till then. Dont they get that why they are patronised so well over here is because of the unlimited data plan for such a reasonable amount.
Have you seen the galaxy note2? That's the biggest monster amongst smartphones. grin
Na there we dey migrate go o as soon as my extra 21days free BIS expires in March wink
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by Nobody: 7:07am On Feb 02, 2013
About Data charges, am sure that as soon as a good number of blackberry users go over to android, the providers will definitely do something.
Re: BB 10 will ground Blackberry by otodeluxe(m): 7:38am On Feb 02, 2013
I hate unnecessary data consumption. Hence if bis is not supported in blackberry 10, I will change my old bold 2 casing and keep using it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

3 Reasons Why Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp! / This Is Why You Should DELETE Facebook From Your Iphone Right NOW / I Have 19k To Buy Phone But Need Suggestion Of Good One.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.